An Arragement Most Foul

Annaliel turned to Colette and smiled, holding the letter tightly in her hands.

"Thank you, but I'm certainly you'll look lovelier...Anyway, I did want to speak with you...Well, more like have you read something. I'm not very good with words unless provoked, as you have learned...So bare with me if what I've written sounds stupid." She said as she handed the letter to Colette.

Dear Colette,
I know we did not get off to the best start, and even if we had the circumstances probably would have still lead to the inevetable fight we had. I know that what I have written probably won't be much of an apology but I hope that it brings you to forgive me. I am sorry that the circumstances lead me to take your love and I am sorry that I actted the way I did while seeking some sort of revenge. I am sorry that I pointed out the harsh truth of Constantine's true feelings and that he had actually confirmed them to you publicly, making you cry.Most of all, I am sorry I cannot change anything. Though I would like you to know that I am happy for you and glad that you could bring yourself to move on, where so many girls would not have. I want you to know that in the future, I will gladly be there for you if you ever need anything, no matter what it is. I wish for you all the happiness in the world and more, and I pray that god smiles upon you and your husband to be (unless he already is your husband, then I am also sorry for letting the letter arriving so late.) I hope that you will forgive me and that the past can stay in the past.
Yours Turly,
Annaliel Ackworth

Colette was quite surprised holding the letter in her hands. She somehow decided to read it aloud,

Dear Colette,
I know we did not get off to the best start, and even if we had the circumstances probably would have still lead to the inevetable fight we had. I know that what I have written probably won't be much of an apology but I hope that it brings you to forgive me. I am sorry that the circumstances lead me to take your love and I am sorry that I actted the way I did while seeking some sort of revenge. I am sorry that I pointed out the harsh truth of Constantine's true feelings and that he had actually confirmed them to you publicly, making you cry.Most of all, I am sorry I cannot change anything. Though I would like you to know that I am happy for you and glad that you could bring yourself to move on, where so many girls would not have. I want you to know that in the future, I will gladly be there for you if you ever need anything, no matter what it is. I wish for you all the happiness in the world and more, and I pray that god smiles upon you and your husband to be (unless he already is your husband, then I am also sorry for letting the letter arriving so late.) I hope that you will forgive me and that the past can stay in the past.

Yours Turly,
Annaliel Ackworth

Colette looked up and smiled at Annaliel. "I couldn't agree more! I forgive you, and I hope that you can forgive me, too!" she replied. Pulling at her hair, she sighed softly. "I'm very glad you agreed to be my maid of honor. I can't tell you how many of my friends were very upset when they found out! But I wanted you to be my maid of honor, not just as an apology, but beacause you're such a great person! Much nicer than my so-called friends! So.....I guess this is a truce?" the bride-to-be smiled and reached out to shake Annaliel's hand.

"I'm so happy to be marrying Colette, Constantine, but......I know how close you and her are......I don't want to be interfering if you love her which, I know you do....."

Constantine's smile faded to shock and confusion. "Henry....I love Colette. I really do. But only as a friend. And she knows that, now herself. Don't worry about our friendship. It will stay as that alone. I promise," he assured him. The two young men laughed and joked around for a bit, then they both went off to get finished preparing for the wedding.

Constantine.jpg Colette Machird.jpg

Annaliel smiled and shook Colette's hand happily.

"As well as the beginning of a friendship I am certain...On the subject of maids of honor...Would you possibly be willing to be mine? I'd rather have my sister Emmilia as just a brides maid and my other to sisters are well...you saw their stomachs didn't you? Also, many of my friends are very shy like me or would just rather watch me get married." She asked softly as she looked at her.

Annaliel was so glad that Colette and her were on good terms, this just lifted a great weight off of her shoulders. She felt like she could actually enjoy the wedding without being filled with guilt or sadness, which was a relief since this was suppose to be a happy day.

Colette nodded her head happily, "Yes! Of course, I would! It'd be an honor!" She was glad to have made an actual friend for once in her life. She made a mental note to start making more new friends, ones that should trust after the wedding. Her thoughts were caught short though, as her mother started yelling frantically for her up and down the hallways. "OH! I forgot just that quick! I have to go and get ready for the wedding! My mother isn't so level-headed when one of her children are leaving the nest. Wish me luck, Annaliel! See you at the wedding!" she said jumping up quickly, and hugging Annaliel lightly before running out the door to her frantic mother. She was upset that Colette had ran off without warning, but Colette knew she was only just excited for the wedding. Her mother quickly slipped her daughter into the beautiful, and poofy, white wedding dress, and placed a veil over her head. It wasn't long before everyone piled into the carriages on their way to the church for the ceremony to begin.

Constantine sat beside his mother and his brothers. As the music began to play, everyone watched as the bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down the aisle, along with the flower girl, Colette's cousin, and Colette herself. The ceremony was beautiful as was Colette, and everyone cheered when the husband and wife kissed, and they all went over to Henry's mansion for the reception. Constantine had found the wedding to be most wonderful, and wondered whether or not he'd be as happy as Henry looked when he got married. The whole mansion was covered in orange and pink flowers and ribbons, and the food was wonderful. Having sat down for a moment, on the stairway with a champaigne glass in his hands. He was startled when someone came down the stairs and plopped down beside him resting her head in her hands.

"You look tired, Constantine! My parents haven't been pestering you have they? I specifically told those buggers not to!" Colette exclaimed, smiling.

"Colette! Hi! I was wondering if I was ever going to have a chance to speak with you. And, no, your parents have been just fine!" he replied giving her a big bear hug. "I just want to know are you happy? You looked happy, but I know how easy it is for you to hide your feelings!"

"Yes, Constantine! I am! Oh, you sound just like my mother! All those times I spoke terrible things about Henry and his brothers, I actually.....sort of liked them! And Henry is such a gentleman! Probably the second greatest guy I know!" she teased. Sighing she stretched her legs out to the last step. "Can I say I'm really sorry for the 10,000th time? About you and Annaliel?"

Constantine scoffed and turned towards the bride. "Colette, I told you for the 10,000th time that I forgive you about me and Annaliel! And you don't have to worry. I'll still come and visit you and Henry like I always have, but only as friends!" the Duke's son beamed, patting her on the back.

Colette laughed and blushed solemnly. "Thank you, my good friend! And I'll come visit you and Annaliel whenever I can, only as friends!" She kicked her legs around a bit as she talked briefly with Constantine before hugging him goodbye, and running to Henry who wanted a chance to dance with his wife. Everyone watched cutely as the couple danced before grabbing partners and dancing themselves.

Constantine horsed around with his brothers a bit before going over to Annaliel and introducing them to her. "Annaliel, these are my brothers Elias and Donovan! Quite the pests I must say!" he teased. Of course, his brothers had to answer that. "We are not!" Elias said pinching his older brother playfully who, in turn, shoved him a little. Elias resembled his father very much, and his glasses made it no better, while Donovan had his mother's delicate face and small, round nose. Constantine laughed with his brothers a bit more, and once they had left, he turned to Annaliel and said, "I hope that wasn't too awkard for you! Care for a dance?"

Annaliel smiled and shooed Colette out the door, sending her off to go finish getting ready as she grabbed her items and did one last check in the mirror before going down. She joined her mother and farther for breakfast quickly before being rushed offto the carriages and heading to the church. The ceremony was lovely and Annaliel smiled the whole time, it was hard not to when the bride and groom looked starry eyed at each other. She could see Constantine in the crowd and did her best not to try and look at him, the thought of their own wedding coming to mind as she watched the couple kiss.

At the party Annaliel had stuck to the edge fo the crowd and her family, happily talking with other guests. She wished she could talk to Colette one more time but everytime she saw her she was quickly pulled away by another family member or friend. At one point she saw Colette talking with Caonstantine and couldn't help but smile a bit, at least they could still be friends. As the evening continued on Annaliel let her guard down and started to stand off alone, a glass of champaigne sitting limply in her hand as she staired off into space as if she was in thought. When Constantine came over with his brothers she was quickly brought out of her thoughts and smiled at him. She greeted each politely and smiled a little more as they playfully teased each other before wandering away and leaving her and Constantine alone.

"No, not at all...and Certainly as she smiled up at him and set her drink off to the side.

Constantine took Annaliel's hand into his own and lead her across the dance floor. It was wonderful to be dancing with her for the first time, but he found it hard to find anything to say. He looked at her bleakly, his face turning bright red as he managed to say something, "Uh...I...Um....Enjoyed the wedding so far?" The words came out a bit hoarse, but he still came off as confident, even though. Everything was very well done to say the Machirds and the Farwells had managed to get everything thing done in only two months. His and Annaliel's wedding was taking much longer. Our wedding.... He had almost forgotten about it. What was he going to do when they got married? Choke up and barely be able to talk like right now? Would he even be able to muster out the words "I do" when just merely dancing with Annaliel now made him nervous? Everything was so hard for him now, and what was so perplexing was that it didn't used to be. He used to be able to flirt and charm a girl without hesitating at all! And he definitely never got nervous! Wait! Why am I tring to charm Annaliel? Apparently, Constantine wasn't paying attention to his own beating heart for the past couple of weeks. Am I.....falling for her?

Constantine.jpg

Annaliel let him lead her to the floor and started to dance slowly with everyone else. She could see Colette and Henry out of the coner of her eye, they looked so happy as they seemed to whisper to each other as they danced. When Constantine spoke to her she looked up at him and smiled.

"Yes...It has been very lovely...Are you?" She asked, not having much else to say.

The wedding was really making her think, always making her ask herself 'will my wedding be like this?' It was strange for her, she wasn't used to this feeling to throught process. Her mind just always went back to what her wedding would be like. Even now, she was getting a bit excited, hoping her wedding would be just as nice, if not better, but then she remembered...She was marrying Constantine. If she was still thinking like she had in teh beginning she would have grimanced with dislike but now...things were different. Annaliel found herself having a hard time disliking him, or even just thinking of him as a friend. After all that has happened he seemed to change in a way that made him more attractive to Annaliel. She hated to admit it and would never ever say it out loud but...it seemed that she was falling for Constantine. She wasn't going to let him know that though, it might refuel the fire under his ego once again.

Constantine smiled at her and then nearly broke into a sweat. He was falling for her, and, since this was the first time he had fallen for anyone, he didn't know what to do with himself! Should he say something? Should he keep his distance? Should he play it out like he normally did with most girls? Just looking at Annaliel made him like her even more....and for a moment.....he almost kissed her, but he shied away and started rambling, "That's great! Wonderful! So am I! It's very nice how they set things up!...We should definitely invite more people for our wedding! I want it to be glamorous for you! N-Not beacause of anything....just....just cause....uhh...you're a great person! You deserve a wonderful wedding!" The young man could've almost kicked himself for being so jittery, but he couldn't help it! He couldn't explain or understand what was going with him at all. He just hoped he could regain his composure and fast....before he said or did something stupid........

Constantine.jpg

Annaliel sensed his nervousness as he began to ramble, she herself was a shy person so she knew how to tell when someone was loosing their cool. However she was a little surprised to see it happen to Constantine of all people. This once great flirt and sex deviant was now a nervous mess while dancing with her...What did that mean? Was he also feeling the way she felt? Confused and uncertain as new emotions floated to the surface for a person that he was forced to marry? She pretended to not notice though, she did not want him to be any more embarrassed than he was already making himself feel.

"That would be nice...We'll have to make a list of you to invite then so we don't forget anyone." She said softly as she looked at his chest, not making eye contact for his own sake.

Dancing his nervousness away, Constantine eventually was able to return to himself. He gave Annaliel a charming smile as if nothing had happened at all and continued their small talk confidently, "Yes, we should. So, tell me, do you still hate me for heartlessly rummaging through your private space and for bringing Colette to you and your sisters causing your nasty fight?" He wouldn't blame her if she did. He was a disasterous mess then. Now, he wondered what would have happened if his first plan had worked and he ran off to another country. He decided to be completely honest with her. "I can't tell you exactly how much I absolutely hated the fact that I was engaged without my own approval! I was going to steal some money from my father and run off to America to live with a few of my rich relatives......My plan didn't really work, and, now......I'm glad it didn't," he said to her quietly so no one else could hear.

Constantine.jpg

Annaliel looked up at him when he spoke, a little surprised that he said it so plainly when it was still a touchy subject in her opinion. She looked to the side in thought before looking back to him once more.

"No...I don't, it is silly to hold grudges when they would only make things harder on others. Besides, Colette and I have made up and have gotten over your nosiness." She said softly.

Her cheeks flushed deeply as he mentioned that he had tried to run away and was glad that he didn't. She was sort of glad as well since it meant that he was now with her, dancing. She didn't look up at him, her shyness taking over a bit as she stared down at her feet embarrassed. She eventually whispered to him softly so no one else could hear.

"I...am also glad you didn't."

Constantine didn't know what to say after that. He wasn't nervous or anything. Just speechless. So, he just finished dancing with her untill his mother decided she wanted to dance with her son. She made small talk with him about Colette and the wedding, but he wasn't really listening. He just couldn't seem to get his mind off of Annaliel! They danced a little while longer and he went to talk with Henry and a few other young men at the party he knew till everything was over. Everyone said goodbye and wished Henry and Colette the best while the two Dukes' families and the Ackworths went upstairs to get ready for bed. Constantine walked up the stairs slowly and into his room. He pulled off all his clothes until he was only wearing his night pants, his chest bare and open. Plopping down onto the bed, he just laid there with his legs hanging over the side. The young man couldn't sleep, and it was a pity he had forgotten to ask the cook back home to give him some of his special powder to put in his tea. He laid there staring at the ceiling, his mind devoid of everything except Annaliel.

Colette had had the time of her life! All the dancing and greeting and laughing had made her quite tired, and as everyone left once the party was over, Henry had begged her to come home with him till the maids had gotten through packing her things. Of course, she wanted to, and she happily obliged, but she told him she wanted to speak to a friend first before she left and ran back inside the house towards Annaliel. "Well, you didn't think I would just up and leave without speaking to you before I left with Henry, now did you?" she teased, "How did you like the party? I saw you dancing with Constantine! Did you have fun? Come on! I'll walk you upstairs!"

Annaliel danced with Constantine until his mother cut in, allowing her to scurry away politely and retreat to her parents side. She could believe she had just said that to him! She was so embarrassed with herself at she didn't dance for the rest of the night, sneaking away early and slipping off to her room to change. She slipped into a simple night gown and a night robe to keep her decent. She let her hair fall down her back and completely unwound herself. She then looked out into the hall before returning down the stairs to say one last good bye to Colette. Luckily she didn't run into Constantine, but it seemed that Colette was busy with Henry and she turned to head back up to her room.

When Colette ran up to her she smiled a little nervously and started to walk back upstairs with her. "Well with the way you were staring at him I was surprised you hadn't tackled him to the ground in front of everyone." She teased lightly. "I had a lovely time and it was very fun. You've also given me a few ideas for my wedding."

Colette giggled and replied, "I just might have had not so many important people been around! I'm glad it was an inspiration for you, I really didn't like all the orange, but my mother said that it couldn't all be pink. Too bad!" Walking even slower as they approached Constantine's bedroom, Colette hopped in front of Annaliel and opened the door to his room quickly, saying, "I'm really quite sorry for this, but it has to be done!" She then shoved Annaliel into the room lightly and slammed the door shut, locking it so she couldn't get out. She smiled deviously as she said to both of them loudly outside the door, "I saw the way you two were looking at each other when you were dancing! Apparently, you both wouldn't make a move, so I have! Heehee! Goodbye! I'm telling the maids not to open the door till morning!" Colette then skipped away, grinning as if nothing had happened. She may have changed a lot since the ball, but she surely hadn't lost her mischeviousness!

As for Constantine, he just looked up at Annaliel as she was shoved into the room and locked in tiredly, but not very shocked at all when he realized it was Colette. He didn't even get up to put on a shirt. He just looked at Annaliel, curiously, to see what she was going to say next.

Annaliel smiled a little more and laughed, stopping when Colette hopped in from of her. Before she could say anything she was shoved into Constantine's room, stumbling a bit until she landed on the floor. She looked to teh door in surprise as Colette spoke through it loudly, the loud click of the lick making her realize just what happened.

She had been locked for the evening in a room with Constantine.

She could feel her stomach do a flip as her face turned a deep red. As soon as she got up she ran to the door and tried to open the door, pulling and turning with all her might. When it didn't budge she slowly turned to Constantine and laughed nervously, she obviously very embarrassed and uncomfortable, unlike Constantine she hadn't played around with anyone. So being alone in a room with him made her heart beat rapidly, so fast in fact that she feared she might have a heart attack.

Constantine watched tiredly as Annaliel pulled on the door laughing nervously. This wasn't the first time he had been locked in a room with a girl and it best not be mentioned what had happened next with them. Pulling at his hair, Constantine laughed softly and said, "Might as well calm down if you're going to be stuck here for the night...." He sat back in the bed looking at Annaliel. She was obviously uncomfortable and definitely out of her comfort zone. Constantine then got up and walked over to her slowly getting really close to her till their faces were only inches away. "I'm not going to do anything....if you don't want me to....," he said softly. He pulled her in for a kiss allowing her to push him away if she wanted........

Constantine.jpg

Annaliel was frozen in her spot as Constantine approched her, no matter what he said she couldn't calm down. Her heart raced as she looked at him with wide nervous eyes, her freckled cheeks a brilliant red in the dark of the night. She pressed herself against the door as he leaned into her, his face just an inch away from her's. The closeness forced her to stare into his eyes, her breath coming out shaky as he closed the distanced and kissed her. As soon as their lips were touching her body stopped shaking from her nervousness. She didn't move at all, her hands tightly gripping onto the door nob and her eyes slowly shut. She did not pull back or push into the kiss, unsure of what she should do at all. She just let him kiss her, knowing that she certainly didn't dislike what he was doing.

Constantine kissed Annaliel gently pushing her into the door as he put his arms around her waist. Untying her night robe and pulling it off, he laid her down on the bed kissing every part of her body as he took off the rest of her clothes and throwing them to the floor. He caressed her body, cupping her breasts in his hands as he made love to her, their voices the only sound in the room. Constantine held Annaliel in his arms the whole night, unable to sleep himself his thoughts resting on her. He didn't care if he'd be too tired to stay awake in the morning. He didn't care if he'd end up making his father angry by nodding off in the middle of his business meeting with the Earl the next day. He had finally found someone he truly loved and that's all that mattered.

Constantine.jpg

Annaliel's defenses had fallen as he kissed her and wrapped his arms around her waist, her body weakly going along with his will as he moved them to the bed. After that everything was a blur of touches and kisses, of pleasure and pain. Her mind was num from everything and all she could do was let her body speak for her, small happy noises slipping out as they made love for the first time together. Afterwards she held him tightly, laying in his arms as she sleep against him. Her dreams were a mix of what had happened and what their future might be, the scene playing in front of her eyes over and over agian. When morning came the maids unlocked the door but did not enter, knowing better from their experiences witl Colette in the past. Annaliel slowly awoke with a yawn and shuffled around a bit, pushing herself agaisnt him more as she her mind wasn't fully away yet.

Constantine got up out of the bed being careful not to wake Annaliel. He got cleaned up and dressed for the day and kissed Annaliel on the cheek before he left out the door quietly and went downstairs for breakfast. His predictions were certainly right that he would be too tired to keep himself awake. Coriella looked at her soon with her eyebrow raised. "Constantine, if you don't keep your head up it'll fall into your food! You look terribly tired. It's a pity we didn't get Henri to pack that stuff you like to put in your tea. By the way....I did hear something awfully strange last night......" she teased, winking. Constantine jumped up at her last statement, eyeing her suspiciously. Did she hear what was going on last night? Apparently, it didn't matter beacause she said nothing more on the topic and quickly switched the conversation at the table back to Colette's wedding the previous day. He ate would he could then left with his father to go to the Earl's house, but not without saying goodbye to everyone first since they wouldn't be going back to Hemmingsway with them. He and the Duke would be back in Hemmingsway the next day, and Constantine made sure to tell Annaliel's mother so she could tell her for him when she woke up. Riding in the carriage, Constantine felt different now, and not the same young man he used to know months ago. Of course, girls and women would wave and try to flirt with him when he passed by in the streets, but he only smiled and waved. His heart now beats for another.

Constantine.jpg