An Adventure For The Hell Of It

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sat up slightly and looked around the room. There was a strange sound coming from somewhere nearby. He slowly leaned over the edge of his bed. He smiled viciously at the figure of another man hiding there. "Found you."

@Michael Kokirin

The moment the man spoke, was the moment Damon sneezed. He quickly slid out from under the bed and dashed out the door, quickly shouting, "Sorry!"
He ran down the stairs looking for a way out, and wound up running into a room with a woman and a small child.

He quickly ran after the man. He didn't waste time of going down the stairs, just jumped off the railing, and tackled the man to the ground. "I gotcha!" He looked up and saw his companions and smiled triumphantly. "I have aprehended the

@WhiteWolfKC
@Michael Kokirin

The man was celebrating landing him, but he never did anything to keep him in place. Damon almost threw his elbow into the man's ribs, when it occurred to him that it might make things worse. So instead he remained under the man, "I'm not a thief!"

Tala stood up immediately as a random man burst into the room, followed by James who immediately tackled the guy. She stood in front of Emdal protectively, frowning very slightly at the intruder. She didn't glare at him either, deciding to wait and see who this person was, though she did stay on alert, just in case he was here to do harm. "Hello. Nice of you to drop by the base camp of the Adventure Group." She smiled tentatively, hoping to not give off any type of menacing vibe.

Aly came back and witnessed the end of the scene. "So, we do have an intruder." She said, grabbing her hunting knife off the counter where she left it. She twirled it menacingly in her hand, deer blood still stained the blade as she had not cleaned it yet. She stalked closer to the intruder. She placed the blade's point at the hollow of his throat. "What business do you have here?" She almost snarled, her features beging to contort into something more predatory. The Wild Mage was not one you wanted to cross.

Damon was pretty glad to see that the woman didn't immediately attack him. She looked ready to, but who wouldn't be? Then the other one came in and put a bloody knife to his throat. It was more than what the man did, but not enough. He quickly pushed his yet to be restrained hand into the threatening woman's arm and pushed the knife away. He then slammed his hands into the ground and pushed himself back up, knocking the man who had been sitting on him off. Instead of standing straight up and leaving himself vulnerable, he went with the momentum and rolled backwards onto his feet putting more distance between him and the knife. He remained in a crouch and held up his empty hands, "Whoa, lets calm down a bit. Give me a second to think of a way to put this that won't incriminate me more than this situation already has." He kept the stairs behind him in mind in case he needed to make a quick escape.

Tala sighed as Aly did the complete opposite she had wanted to do. As soon as the man moved, Tala tensed a bit more, frowning deeply now, though she held her hands up to calm everyone down. "Whoa..Okay mister not-a-thief. If you AREN'T a thief, then why did you break into our base from upstairs? We do have a front door, and I do believe thieves are the ones that climb into a place quietly through a window trying to be undetected." She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow though she didn't relax, fully aware of the stairs behind him. "So do explain yourself, strange man who is not a thief, and explain truthfully please." Tala really hoped this man wasn't a danger to them, especially if they had a kid to protect.

Damon raised a finger and was prepared to answer, but came up blank. "Uh... I don't actually know. Seemed like a good idea at the time I guess." He chuckled nervously as he heard his reply. He saw the woman's eyes flick to the stairs, and quickly figured out that they probably weren't a safe option. But considering the only other exit was past three seasoned fighters, one of which was prepared to defend a child, he didn't have much choice. He would just have to answer their questions and hope for the best.

Emdal began humming the tune to Oranges and Lemons. Finally, she was getting back to full awareness. Her slow pace eventually sped back up to the average speed as she finally reached the last part of the song. "Here comes a candle to light you to bed -- here comes a chopper to chop off your head -- chip chop chip chop, the last man’s dead."

It was then that the commotion occurred. "You look funny." Emdal randomly interjected. "I have a question! I have one! What's your name? What did you come here for?" She was acting as if she was a part of the group, although she was technically about as much a stranger as he was.

He didn't expect the little one to say anything, much less sing and suddenly ask a question, but he still answered. "My name's Damon. Damon Miles. And I came looking for you people."

Aly drew back. Her features had since returned to normal. She stood, head high. "Looking for us?" She repeated. "What do you know of us?" The Wild Mage asked, more like demanded. She moved now to a wash basin to clean the deer blood from her blade and sheath it at her waist. If a threat arose, she could take the form of a bear or wildcat rather quickly, though the process left her vulnerable for a minute or so.

Damon didn't like the look of the woman with the knife. She kinda looked ready to pounce at the first wrong move, although he didn't exactly make a good impression. "I don't know much, just that you're a group that goes on adventures for no reason, and that sounded better than my original plan."

Tala looked down at Emdal, surprised at the kid's interjection. She frowned deeper as this man said he had been looking for them. "Why were you looking for us exactly? If you wanted us to take a job, a letter would've been just fine, or possibly an actual knock on the front door." It seemed Tala wasn't going to let go of the fact that he had broken in like a crook.

That woman was really holding his entrance against him. "Knocking on the door did occur to me. Like I said, I don't know why I did what I did, I'm pretty sure it was impulse. But I didn't come with a job," here it is, "I came for one." He prepared for a loud reaction.

"Well then you better march your fine ass outside, and knock on the door like a decent human being." James said, pointing to the front entrance from the floor. He slowly stood up, clearly disoriented from being thrown off of his captive so quickly, with the alcohol still in his system. He leaned against the wall, looking for some kind of support, clearly unable to stand on his own

Hm... Damon Miles? Well, he didn't seem like a problem to Emdal. She shrugged to herself as she thought this and watched the others' hostility. Why were they all so worked up? Had something bad happened in the past? She winced a bit as James swore and struggled, but attributed his behavior to his apparent drinking problem and didn't pity him too much.

"I like him," she said to Tala as she gestured to Damon with her eyes. Then, as if asking about some legendary beast, she stood and cupped her hands to the woman's ear. "Is it true he came in through the window?!" she whispered, seeming more impressed than threatened, as she practically ignored what happened with the two men.

"Wow, you people really care about that door. Alright I'll knock." He slowly stood and suppressed a smile as the child seemed to be the only one who didn't mind his method of entry. He didn't let down his guard though, the woman in front of the child still didn't look happy and the woman with the knife was making him nervous, and she didn't even have the knife out. He carefully made his way outside, and closed the door behind him. He waited a few moments before knocking on the door.

Tala blinked as Emdal remarked on how she felt about Damon. She chuckled softly and shook her head. Perhaps she was being a bit harsh and she relaxed a bit more, though she still didn't like the idea of a stranger just barging in..or rather, breaking in. As James leaned against the wall for support she sighed softly "How about trying to sober up? What would've happened if this man DID end up wanting to bring harm?"

To her surprise, Damon complied to going out and knocking on the door like a civilized person. The young leader chuckled and shook her head again, following him out and waiting behind the main door, smirking a bit as he knocked. Tala opened the door still smiling softly and raised an eyebrow. "Much better, no?" She decided to give him a chance, and they hadn't ever really turned anyone away from joining the group as far as she could remember. Everyone who had joined had had a good purpose as to why they wanted to, and so she opened the door wider to let him in.

"I'll be fine." He said, pushing off from the wall. He looked at the ground for a few seconds, trying to stop his head from spinning. He blinked away the rest of his haze and nodded to his boss. "See, I'm perfect." He promised with a salute.

Status
Not open for further replies.