An Adventure For The Hell Of It

Status
Not open for further replies.
He ignored the large bird and slid closer to the girl. "Yes, I'm James, a pleasure to meet you, uh...Loup, wasn't it?" He grabbed her hand gently and kissed it. "It's such an honor to meet such a lovely young woman." He looked over to Tala who was still being distracted by the young new comer. "Tala, darling, how about you let me give this lovely girl the tour?"

"I'll show you everything." He promised with a grin. "The dinning area, the bar, the mission hall." He looked at her younger sister and frowned. "Eh, she can come too if she wants."

"Don't call me darling, James." The young wolf girl frowned and crossed her arms as James started to hit on Beowolf's eldest daughter. Typical. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "James, not even one second? One second and your already.." She shook her head and chuckled a little before turning away. "How about we all take the tour? Follow me, everyone. Let's start with the dining area. Start simple. And Aly can bring the deer too~" And with that she walked ahead, expecting everyone to hopefully follow.

"Always ruining my fun, no fair." He pouted, but fallowed after everyone else, closing the doors behind him. He briefly wondered how they were going to cover up the giant hole in the sand, and figured they'd just have to shovel dirt back in. He already was wondering how he could get out of helping them work.

"Aly, Tala? Have either of you seen Trist? He wasn't in our room this morning. Wasn't he supposed to be back from his mission already?"

'Aly'. 14 and 17. The dining area. Emdal committed these to memory. 'Trist' was a name she hadn't heard yet. She wanted to fill that gap in her mental database, so she opened her mouth to inquire.

"Who's Trist?" she questioned, picking at some earth that remained on her eyelid. She wasn't even directing her question at anyone in particular -- so long as she got the answer, she didn't really mind how.

"He's my roommate." James told the girl with a scowl. "He's totally the worst, a real sucker for the rules, he's a super jerk." He squinted his eyes, picturing the annoying kid. He sighed, and shrugged his shoulders. "But don't worry about him kid, he's an ass, but not a bully."

He looked at the other members of the group, with a frown. "Now, let's get back to this tour, I have a wicked hangover and I need a nap, really badly." He rubbed his temples, with a groan. "Gods, alcohol, wonderful when consumed, awful when passed."

So, James roomed with Trist and both were led by Tala and... she continued to sort through the information she'd found. So, questions answered... But now there was another problem.

Emdal raised her hand to draw attention to herself, openly declaring "Excuse me, I hafta pee." Her legs were pressed tight against one another and occasionally she'd hop in place. Clearly, it had almost reached a critical point before she bothered to bring it up. Oh, the joys of children...

Tala had walked on silently, lost in thought. She wondered why their leader hadn't contacted her, slightly worried if something had gone wrong. Usually they would've had a mission already after two days. And then there was Trist. Where was that boy? He should've been back by now. She bit her lip a little thinking about it, but she was brought out of her thoughts as she saw Emdal raise her hand and do a little dance.

Tala stopped and looked down at the little girl, raising her eyebrows in surprise. "Oh! Of course! Um...right this way." Tala looked at James, gesturing towards the dining area, "Let em all grab a bite to eat alright? I'll be back." She lead Emdal down a hall to the public bathrooms, which were very rarely used as most of the bedrooms in the base had at least one bathroom. As they came to the co-ed bathroom, Tala waited at the door. "I assume you know how to use the bathroom by yourself already right? You dont need me?" She felt she HAD to ask though she had taken care of children before, but you never knew with kids.

"Right this way, my lovely lady." James said, opening the mess hall's wooden doors, giving a winning smile to Loup. He walked into the kitchen, where they used cooling charms to keep everything fresh. He grabbed a few bottles of wine, a pitcher of water, and a few loves of bread. "It ain't fancy, but it should hold you over until we get that deer skinned and cooked. Tuck in everyone!"

He grabbed a day old roll, and bit into it with a frown. "We gotta get better food."

"Yeah, I know," she replied. "I would go into detail about how but it's kinda a little urgent, so, um, I'll be back in a moment. Thanks!"

That being said, Emdal dashed in and hastily shut the door behind her. The click of a lock was heard. It seemed as she would be in there for a good few minutes, so Tala could have a little time to get back to the others.

Tala sighed and stood outside the door for a bit, her thoughts going back to the issues from before. She tapped ran a hair through her hair once again, this time picking it up to sort of messy bun. She stood there leaned against the wall until her stomach growled a bit loudly. Her cheeks turned a bit more red than usual, embarrassed at the sound. She knocked on the door lightly before calling out to Emdal, "Hey kid! I'ma go grab a small bite to eat. Come join us at the dining hall, just back down the hall where we came from. Don't take too long." And with that she walked off silently, going to join the others at the dining hall.

Tala came in just as James mentioned the quality of the food. She rolled her eyes and playfully snatched at the bread roll he held before going to get her own. "The food's perfectly fine, James. Though more meat would be nice.."

"We don't have any hunting permits though." He said, munching on the bread. "I bet you 10 to 1 that dear we have rotting on our floor is illegal." He said, nodding his head to his companion's prize. "Not that I care of anything, I just don't want us all to die, because of poor hunting habits." He said with a shrug. He uncorked a bottle of wine, and started drinking from it. "Ah, that hits the spot." He sighed and flopped into a chair, putting his legs up on the table.

"Why is the king so strict about this anyways?" James asked Tala. "Why would he care if people hunted in his woods, the animals are over populated as it is."

Tala grumbled a bit about the hunting permits. She bit into the bread roll she held, shrugging. "Beats me." She chuckled softly. "All I have to do is hunt as a wolf and no one will suspect a thing...maybe" She shrugged again, "Those animals really are filling up the forests though..eh, I don't care for that king...but what I do care for is a clean table" She shooed his feet off the table, sweeping any dirt off as well. Then she grabbed the same wine bottle and went to pour some into two cups. "Don't drink from the bottle, dammit." Tala then took a light sip from her own cup.

"i was drinking from the bottle, because it was my bottle." James said snappishly, grabbing a new bottle, but using the cup that time. He slurped it down in seconds flat and slammed the glass on the table. "If you'll excuse me, I am going to take a much needed nap." He got up from the table and left to his room.

Not only did she finish up in the bathroom, Emdal also cleaned herself up a little and used her fingers to brush out her knotted black tresses. She decided to take her own tour of the place. Her small hands pried the bathroom door open and she slipped into a hall, heading away from the voices of Tala and James. Curiously, she poked around a bit. She wasn't particularly impressed with what she was seeing (maybe she had just passed right by the cool stuff), and so she decided to head back outside.

She had already seen the whole of the premises, having flown over them just moments earlier, but had not had a chance to examine it up close. She passed by her crater where her body had dug through thin sand and burrowed straight to the dirt. She scratched the top of her arm as she remembered the itchy feeling of the grit and mud imbedded in her skin. As she wandered around, she began to wonder where the others were. "Mr. Raven? Miss Aly?" she called.

@CynderTheDragoness
@Crow

Last edited by a moderator:
(Omg!! My phone totally did non give me notifications on this! Let me read through before I post.)

"I think I hear that," Beowulf and his daughters speak in unison, managing to detect something.

"A signal... from Emdal as she calls herself?" Irene's eye blinks as her body connects with the floor. "I believe she is in a crater, or she dug herself underneath. She is... down-under, you would call it. A human of such young age may not be able to get herself up. I require assistance.

As Irene lifts herself up, before conjuring a thin, claw-like arm. "Based on the average weight of humans of her age, I will have moderate difficulty helping her up to surface level. Some assistance might do the trick."

Aly smacked James. "Quit kicking thr food." She scolded. She was just about to gut the animal whrn James's attention was drawn away. She followed his gaze to where two girls stood nude. "Don't even think about it, James. It'll just get you into trouble."

(Sorry. I'll try to have better posts up if my phone will be nice and notify me.)

Aly smacked James. "Quit kicking thr food." She scolded. She was just about to gut the animal whrn James's attention was drawn away. She followed his gaze to where two girls stood nude. "Don't even think about it, James. It'll just get you into trouble."

(Sorry. I'll try to have better posts up if my phone will be nice and notify me.)

Tala sighed as she finished up her small meal. She frowned as her stomach still felt a bit empty, wishing for more that just bread and wine, but she accepted what she could get, though she looked at Aly's deer longingly. Her wolf side screamed at her to just eat the damn deer right then and there, but she restrained herself from doing so with a heavy sigh. "Hey Aly, come on lets cook this thing."

Tala then crossed her arms and heard Emdal call Beowolf and Aly. She looked around the dining room and frowned, headed out of the the room to go find the kid, beating herself up for thinking it was okay to leave a kid alone in the base. She first went to knock at the restroom, "Hey kid! You in there?" When no one answered, she checked inside, finding it empty as she thought. Tala growled in annoyance, speed walking through the base in search of the girl.

(OH NO! Kid wandering the base! Red alert! Dangerous things all around! Heheh...sorry I've been busy most of this week. But I will not let this RP die! come on guys! Maybe we can move the story along soon.)
@CynderTheDragoness
@Crow
@toast
@Rilette

Last edited:
He growled in annoyance when he heard the kid calling for help. All he wanted was food and a nap, but no. He rubbed his eyes aggressively and wondered out his door. He just prayed the stupid kid wouldn't find her way into the room of cursed objects, then there'd be nothing anyone could really do for her.

"Where are you brat?" He asked the empty air, as he searched the upstairs rooms, but frowned when he had no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.