An Actresses Role, A Writer's Creation

Abby wasn't blind, or an idiot. She knew people were staring and she knew it wasn't exactly for good reasons. They were judging, something Abby detested. They didn't know her or Kailey, and Abby wanted them to stop staring because it was clearly making Kailey uncomfortable. Abby gave the hand she was holding a light squeeze and smiled at Kailey warmly, trying to reassure her. There was no need to be embarrassed right now.

"Yup! Actually, we're here," Abby replied with a little giggle. She pointed with her free hand to a little diner they were nearing.

Kailey looked at the girl as she squeezed her hand and relaxed just a little bit. "All the best food comes from small diners, I've been told," she said softly as she quickened her past, her stomach clawing at her as it demanded food of some kind before she hesitated and stopped completely. "Abby I can't. I didn't bring any money. Lets-Let's just keep walking and I'll grab something at your house and pay for it later." She hated being in debt to others, especially when it came to food. Even if Kailey promised to pay them back the next time she always ended up paying more for the 'the next time' just because the other's thought it would be nice to get more than last time. And then they would call Kailey a money pinching fool if she objected. She didn't want the same thing to happen to her.

"Yup! And this is the bestest small diner of all small diners, which means the food is the bestest of all food. The Red Swing is where I eat when I wanna relax," Abby responded happily. She hadn't noticed Kailey stop walking, so she continued until the hand she was holding tugged on her arm. Abby turned and gave Kailey a questioning look. Then Kailey spoke and Abby immediately began shaking her head.

"Nonsense! You've gotta let me get you something, or else I'll feel bad about bringing you into the house without any warning. This will make us even, and I hate being in debt. Please?" Abby begged, bouncing back towards Kailey and putting on a begging expression. She widened her eyes and peered up at the slightly taller girl.

Kailey looked from Abby's gaze to the ground, wincing at the look. It was so-co cute. Her heart and fear melted and she sighed, "I guess it'll be okay," she whispered before looking at the diner instead of her hostess. Still looking unsure, she nibbled her lip and nodded, "There isn't much I can do to object that now is there?"

Just then there was a gust of wind that seemed to push Kailey towards the other girl and the diner. She stumbled forward, surprised at the strength, a blush mantling her light skin as her body pressed up against Abby's. She quickly stepped back and looked at the ground. "I-Sorry. Maybe we should go in before there's another gust?"

Abby grinned widely at Kailey as the girl gave in with a sigh. She really just wanted Kailey to be comfortable around her, and it seemed like the writer was slowly adjusting. At least, Abby hoped she was. Suddenly there was a gust of wind and suddenly Kailey stumbled into her. Reflexively, Abby slung an arm around the girl's waist to steady her. Then Kailey stepped back, looking at the ground and Abby let out a little giggle at how adorably embarassed she was.

"Nope! No way at all you can object, 'cause I am feeding you up. Like I said, skin and bones!" Abby exclaimed cheerfully. Abby shook her head and started heading for the diner, once more towing Kailey behind her. She pushed open the door and waved to the waiter waiting for them. "Hey Tim!" The tall, lanky man waved back and led the two to a seat. He placed two menus next to each other in a booth and Abby slid in first.

"Can we take a look first, Tim?" Abby asked, looking up at Tim with a small smile. He nodded and disappeared back into the diner. Abby turned to her menu and flipped it open with one hand. "What're you gonna get?"

Kailey followed the girl in silently and looked around, her eyes landing on Tim and staying there as she moved over and sat distractedly. A pen (as if from nowhere) appeared in her hand and she started to write on the napkin that was to her side.

The tall young man that worked at the store couldn't remember the last time that he'd ever seen a woman of such great clumsiness. Tall doesn't describe him right. Being almost six-one and skinny as a pole Jermion​

She didn't stop writing until she had written the name and she heard Abby ask her a question. Blinking, Kailey realized that a part of her, the writer part, had been working on a character profile while the other part of her was staring quiet rudely at the man. Quickly she looked away and down at the menu that sat in front of her on the table. "Oh," she whispered and blushed. "I'm not sure. What's cheap and good?" She picked up the menu after putting the pen down. She opened the menu and looked at the pages.

Abby noticed that Kailey was scribbling on a napkin as Tim walked away. She scooted over a little to look over Kailey's shoulder at what she was writing on the paper. A smile spread across Abby's face as she read the words and she let out a small giggle at the ending.

"Jermion's such an interesting name!" Abby exclaimed, pointing at the napkin. She leaned in a little more, unknowingly bringing her cheek rather close to Kailey's face. Suddenly Kailey picked up the menu and Abby scootched away once more. "Everything's cheap and good! What do you like to eat?" Abby turned to face Kailey, her smile wide and innocent as she stared at the writer.

"Personally I love just about everything, but the chicken soup is my absolute favoritest!" Abby volunteered the information cheerfully. The fact was that the recipe had been given to the cook by her mother, and the taste brought back bittersweet memories. Unconsciously her right hand drifted to the inside of her left wrist and she rubbed a thumb on the small words tattooed there.

Kailey blushed at the compliment to the random scribble of a name, keenly aware of the proximity that Abby had been. Kailey glanced around the diner, hoping that no one was staring at them. Her gaze scanned the pages as she looked at the different things that the diner offered. Her stomach growled at her angrily and her hand instantly went to it as if trying to sooth a hungry tiger. Finally her eyes landed on something she hadn't had in a long time. She looked around for a clock and was disappointed when she saw how late it really was. The disappointment was plain on her face though she tried to hide it.

Quickly she flipped off the page with the breakfast items on it and continued to look, though her mind kept going back to the Strawberry Waffle with Whipped Cream. Finally she put the menu down and looked at her lap, waiting for Tim to return so that she could order a simple grilled cheese.

"Jermion. It does sound nice I suppose. I think I'll change it though. It doesn't roll off the tongue as well as it could."