Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Once upon a time, I was a cashier at a restaurant in the take-out section and one of my daily tasks was counting the money in the drawer in the morning before we opened. It was during this job that I discovered I have a small eccentricity when it comes to cash...

Apparently, organizing money by denomination is not enough - I also had to organize it by serial number, alphabetically, then in number sequence.

For a time there, I also couldn't eat my meal in a restaurant unless I had organized the sugar packets by color and made sure they were all facing the right way!

Anyone else have any random little compulsions like this?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Greenie
Whenever I'm at a restaurant, for any reason, I have to stack the little coffee creamers. I gotta. And then organize my utensils in order of longest to shortest. Knife, spoon, fork.

Did that since I was a kid. Not sure why.

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
I cluster together files on my desktop after type and/or purpose. Does that count?

• Bucket of Rainbows
I bite my phone for no reasons whatsoever.

Also to add to that, I chew on things, like water bottles caps and popsicle sticks.

Also to add to that, I chew on things, like water bottles caps and popsicle sticks.
Yeah, same, though not really on caps. Popsicle sticks and lollipop sticks, or spoons and forks are my frequent victims. Or the rim of the glass I'm holding, and the frames of my glasses... I guess it's a good thing I never did do the nail-biting thing. That would suck anyway since I have nail polish and blegh.

• Love
I bite and tear at the skin around my nails... It's honestly kind of ridiculous. Fairly often I dig deep enough to make myself bleed. You'd think the pain would stop me, but it doesn't. I bring band-aids with me wherever I go because I don't want to be caught someplace with a bleeding finger and nothing to do about it.

I think it might be a form of stimming? I've tried to find a healthy outlet for it, but to no avail. I've thought about buying a stim toy, but I'm honestly not sure it would help. For a while I tried to keep my hands busy by popping an eos egg open and closed. But the problem wasn't just that I needed to keep my hands busy -- just looking at my nails drives me crazy because of all the dead and uneven skin I want to tear off...

Not sure if this really counts as an "amusing" eccentricity, but it's... something, I guess.

I bite and tear at the skin around my nails... It's honestly kind of ridiculous. Fairly often I dig deep enough to make myself bleed. You'd think the pain would stop me, but it doesn't. I bring band-aids with me wherever I go because I don't want to be caught someplace with a bleeding finger and nothing to do about it.

I think it might be a form of stimming? I've tried to find a healthy outlet for it, but to no avail. I've thought about buying a stim toy, but I'm honestly not sure it would help. For a while I tried to keep my hands busy by popping an eos egg open and closed. But the problem wasn't just that I needed to keep my hands busy -- just looking at my nails drives me crazy because of all the dead and uneven skin I want to tear off...

Not sure if this really counts as an "amusing" eccentricity, but it's... something, I guess.

...my innocent, sheltered, previously homeschooled brain wants to google stimming...

But I'm gonna instead just say ouch?

I check entrances, exits, and paths in any building I go to in case of a fight, emergency, fire, whatever

In a new city/country, I look both ahead and behind, so that I have a frame of reference for a street both backwards and fowards in case I get lost

Nope.

But when I'm older, I'm going to keep shoulder-length hair, wear a coat and carry a cane. Just watch me.

• Love
Reactions: Joan
If I feel uncomfortable or unsafe, I'll grab either the Swiss Army knife I keep clipped to my belt, my flashlight, or my phone (it has an Otterbox Armor on it) and hold it tightly inside my pocket until I feel safe again.

Even when I do feel safe, I'll slide the toothpick in and out of its slot on my knife or twist my parafob with pencil attached around my fingers. That or fiddle with the buttons on my flannel by pressing similarly-sized ones together.

I also say odd things when I'm surprised, frustrated, or otherwise need to exclaim something. "Noodles" is the most common one, followed by "Merp", followed by a wide variety of nonsense noises. :P

Any time I'm turning in my papers for class work, I always have to make sure the other papers are aligned correctly. Otherwise, I lose my mind.

Also with music. I go crazy if there's too much chaos going on around me without music.

Status
Not open for further replies.