American Paragons

• Thread starter BrattyCommissar
  • Start date

Would you be okay with this RP having a heavy tie to collab posts through Google Docs?

• Maybe. I am fine if others use it, but I won't if I will not penalized for not using it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. Google Docs does not work for me, but I am fine if others use it still.

• No! But I would be open to some other platform for collabs.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Matthew being an assassin essentially probably going to make being a "hero" somewhat difficult.

Oh well, time for nitty gritty, hopefully not angsty, character development.

A fault on my part since I should have worded it better, but by extended use I meant more as Anna using her powers too often, or excessively that it can begin to harm her. So by activating her power on and off throughout the day she'll eventually become worn out, but I understand where your coming from for the limitations! I'll edit that right now.~

Oh!

... I'm actually fine with that not being a thing. The breath thing works for situations to make it so she can't do it freely when things are hectic, but letting her do it otherwise as often through the day as she wants is fine to me. I'd rather limit it how many times she can do it in a row (which the breath thing IMO does well. Holding your breath and running around makes it harder to hold you breath again!), instead of how many times per day.

Huh. Matthew being an assassin essentially probably going to make being a "hero" somewhat difficult.
That may be overkill versus purely mortal criminals and villains, but sneaky slicing stabby powers are not overkill against some other baddies in the setting. In some cases, it may not even be normal kill!

Hmmm okay dokie, On it! Besides I'll do better latter in the Roleplay when Im a supahfast! But when I start to get empowerments its going to be tricky to blanace the two out, cause i can see the importance of my blindsight during a combat scenario.
And you're good now.

Which leaves just one more slot for a player! Nifty :D

At this rate, I guess I'll be putting up the Mission Options tomorrow so you guys can begin working out how to split yourselves up.

Reactions: Iben
Oh!

... I'm actually fine with that not being a thing. The breath thing works for situations to make it so she can't do it freely when things are hectic, but letting her do it otherwise as often through the day as she wants is fine to me. I'd rather limit it how many times she can do it in a row (which the breath thing IMO does well. Holding your breath and running around makes it harder to hold you breath again!), instead of how many times per day.

Okay, cool! n u n
That all sounds good to me.

At this rate, I guess I'll be putting up the Mission Options tomorrow so you guys can begin working out how to split yourselves up.
Exciting, I look forward to seeing what you will conjure for us.

Well that took less time than I had planned. Hey look, MISSIONS!

Mission Set 1

The dust has barely settled from the Second American Blast Event, and there are already new problems at Ground Zero.

Ironmen have been trying to get into Ground Zero. KPD Lieutenant David Prescott is struggling to keep them from getting past the section of the perimeter under his unit's patrol. While other parts are being assaulted, it seems he's been lucky to have the brunt of it right now. Enforcers are unable to help, as the arguably more important task of saving as many empowered survivors is occupying them. Instead, a Task Force of survivors is being sent in to give Lt Prescott support. While they have not been given any arms, they have been given bulletproof vests, and radios.

The specific area of this mission is along the western border of what was once White Fence. There is nothing currently known to be in the region or within Ground Zero that would compel the Ironmen to behave in this way.

The Task Force is to not use lethal force unless absolutely necessary.

Objectives
  • Find out what the Ironmen are trying to do in Ground Zero
  • Stop the Ironmen from doing it
All but one bridge between Rook Island and what was once White Fence have been destroyed. With only two lanes on it, it's very important to keep the bridge clear so that different emergency response units can get to and from Ground Zero effectively. However, protesters claiming to represent the will of the normal man calling themselves the Grass Bloods began a violent protest on the bridge. Several emergency workers have been taken hostage by the anti-parahuman group. Their demands are that the Enforcers stop rescuing people from Ground Zero, and instead exchange them for their hostages.

It's very clear that these Grass Bloods intend to kill survivors of the Second American Blast Event.

Police forces are spread very thin and at the moment can't properly respond to this threat. Instead, a Task Force of survivors will be sent in with bullet proof vests and police radios to attempt to help the police present rescue the hostages. The Grass Bloods won't know that the Task Force is there, and made up of empowered people. The hope is that they can be taken by surprise because of this.

The Task Force is to not use lethal force unless absolutely necessary.

Objectives
  • Only one: Rescue the hostages
[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
(I do hope this is still open)

Alias: Colony

Name: Geoffrey Walker

Sex: Male

Appearance:
There was a time that Geoffrey would have been considered attractive with thick black hair and a pale, soft complexion that gave him a gentle but mysterious look, or at least that's what his boyfriend had told him. He was of an average height and of a stockier build which he had gained from his time helping his grandparents on their farm in Kentucky over the summers. However, he lost quite a bit of his conventional attractiveness when he was exposed to the second blast event. He now stands with a hunched and low set stance and his stomach has grown considerably giving him the appearance of considerable weight gain. His once clear pale skin is now covered in scratches and scars and his stomach is covered in stretch marks. His hair is longer now and thinner, hanging to his shoulders. His once bright blue eyes are sunken and hidden behind heavy sleep deprived lids. His face still holding onto its boyish roundness has several scars and cuts on it especially around his mouth. His teeth are surprisingly clean and well cared for perhaps the only aspect of his appearance that hasn't changed.

Biography:
Geoffrey Walker was a boring man, or at least that's what he would say if you asked him to describe himself. The son of a high school chemistry teacher and an architect he had a completely average and totally normal upbringing, until his parents got a divorce when he was twelve. It was amicable enough, his dad moved out and took the car while mom stayed in the house but he was young and resented the divorce despite his parents attempts to make it clear that it wasn't his fault and that they were happier this way. He sought solace in summer trips to his grandparents farm during the summers, his Grandfather was a horse breeder and owned a respectably sized ranch in Kentucky. It was here he was able to get away from his parents and enjoy the distraction of helping his Grandfather around the ranch.

As he grew up he became more distant from his parents culminating in his moving out shortly after graduating high school. It was around this time he met the young man who would eventually become his first boyfriend. They dated for the better part of a year but eventually went their separate ways. Several months later he met Kevin who would become his second boyfriend, they would eventually move in together and shared a house in White Fence as he took classes at the community college. Then everything blew up...quite literally as the Second Blast Event decimated his neighborhood while he and Kevin were making lunch.

He woke up later battered, bruised and with an overwhelming hunger that compelled him to find something and gorge himself. Though he didn't make it far into his meal when he vomited a torrent of insects onto the floor of the triage tent he was in scaring his nurse almost to death and beginning the changes his new found power would have on his body as his stomach stretched and he began to feel the symbiotic hive in his body grow. Despite the general unpleasantness of his power he remains relatively unchanged mentally and is trying desperately to see the bright side of his predicament though he is intensely worried as to what happened to Kevin and is looking for any excuse to return to the Blast zone to see if he survived.

Primary Archetype: Destroyer

Secondary Archetype: Leader

Manifestation:
Destroyer- His insects can be vomited up and swarm enemies though at the moment they more provide a distraction and a significant gross out factor than actual harm potential though they do posses a nasty bite.

Leader- He can "feel" the insects inside and outside of his body and can exert this connection to direct them into specific attacks or directions.(Up walls, Through vents, directing at one specific person etc.)

Primary Empowerments: None yet.

Secondary Empowerments: None yet.

Signature: I, GuyVolk do solemnly swear to abide by the fate of my character as Elendra wishes it.

Reactions: Iben
  • Alias: Flashfire
    Name: Kyla Booker
    Sex: Female
    Appearance: Credit for image
    Kyla stands roughly 5'5" and weighs in at approximately 140 lbs from a wiry athletic build made up from years of scrapping. She has natural red hair cut to just about jaw-length and fair skin. Overall, she holds a bit of a tomboyish look to her, holding a bit of boyish mannerisms to her that might look odd on a girl. She most often can be seen wearing a leather biker jacket.

Biography: Kyla was born to a family with three older brothers: Benjamin, Dallas and Simon. Her mother left her family, leaving her father to care for three unruly boys and a girl who was still in diapers at the time. Sufficed to say, the male influence in Kyla's life has been significant. For awhile, her father struggled to keep afloat supporting four children on his moderate salary job in Branson, Missouri working at the power plant. However, he was quick to jump at the chance of not only having a dramatic jump in pay, but also having his moving and housing expenses paid for if he were to move and work as the director at the power plant in Kuakilla.

With that, all Kyla ever came to know was Kuakilla. She was too young when they moved to remember anything else. They moved into a house in the Blue Moon District in the suburbs. It was a decent life, but Kyla and her three brothers were prone to get into scraps at school and ended up changing schools quite often as they got thrown out. It would be no wonder that as time wore on, their father found a more productive outlet for them, getting them into kickboxing, martial arts or similar activities to occupy their time and vent their apparent overdeveloped aggressive habits. While Kyla dabbled a bit in quite a few, the only ones that really stuck were the kickboxing which she seemed to take to like a fish to water.

Without need to say, the four children ended up being close growing up, three of them, Kyla, Dallas and Simon, even were going to make a living of their scrappy nature as they graduated from school. It would be on their way back from one of Kyla's matches, where they had stopped at a pub in White Fence to celebrate her victory, that they experienced the events of the Second Blast. In the aftermath of the Blast, disoriented by the chaos of the entire event, she has no idea what has come of her brothers.

Signature: I, Tempest, do solemnly swear that the GM, Elendra, may kill off my character whenever she may wish.
  • Primary Archetype: Warrior
    Secondary Archetype: Tanker
    Manifestation:
    Firefighter: Through her momentum, Kyla creates a disturbance around herself that generates heat, usually resulting in fire directly about her limbs. This would make it seem that her fists or feet were aflame as she strikes out at the enemy. If she is able to pick up enough speed in her attacks, she is even able to create small arcs or spouts of flame from her limbs within a distance about as far as a baseball bat can be swung.

Blinkstep: Kyla is capable of teleporting herself short distances in relatively short periods of time without fatiguing herself than if she were to say run there. However, she must be able to see wherever she is to blink to before she can do so. Most notably is that this skill is utilized in combat as she blinks around to outmaneuvre opponents.

Primary Empowerments: None yet.
    Secondary Empowerments: None yet.

Last edited:
Whoa.

Okay so I'm going to 'pretty much close' this for now. Tempest, as I was technically working with you on a sheet while GuyVolk posted his, if he's accepted we'll just have... 13/12 players. I'm sure it'll be fine.

13/12 is practically 12/12 I mean who's gonna notice a .083 difference?

Also I edited the end of Geoffrey's Bio to put it more in line with the timeline of the RP.

Argh... lets not multiply this by pi pls. But anyways Request to Misson 1A!

Also I edited the end of Geoffrey's Bio to put it more in line with the timeline of the RP.

What, but that made up like half of my comments on it in the thing I was doing! Dammit! >_<

@GuyVolk

Character: Geoffrey Walker; Colony

"The son of ... an IT tech working at Three Kings" If you mean the Three Kings Powerplant, then the following line "he had a completely average and totally normal upbringing" doesn't... feel right. For reasons that I can't actually say without spoilers.

So I'm going to ask you to change the occupations of the parents to not include working at / on the same island as the powerplant, if that's what you have there. Or, make his childhood inexplicably abnormal instead. I feel changing occupations away from the powerplant would be easier, but I would accept the more odd childhood instead.

"he met the young man who would eventually become his first boyfriend" +10 points

Kevin, a name for the second guy! Who you lived with and then... oh. He died. Wait. He didn't? AWESOME, I can play with that more.

The entire last paragraph, however, is a problem! That much time hasn't passed yet. It's still the same day as the Blast, because there's no down time for you yet! Which leads to the second problem...

Because of your power having taken more time to manifest, with the timeframe being different to what you thought it was when you wrote, you're going to need to have that working sooner.

OR NOT. The changes work.

Destroyer / Leader : Hmm, interesting.

Manifestation. Well, I mean, you know it's gross. I'm sure you were going for gross. You nailed it. I first was curious as to how you could Empower the Destroyer bit, but then someone told me a lot of ways you could and... yuck.

I was at first wondering if your Leader should be a Blaster given it first comes off like you're just directing the bugs to attack something... but then I thought of you massing a swarm of them as a single entity that can break into the swarm again as a minion later... and so Leader works.

Considering how the original narrative of the Golem of Prague began, I think that Mission 1B will provide a fitting start for the story of Mr. Oto Novák, arcane wizardly person of summoning based magic.

Charlotte was born into old money...
spoiled rotten
It's hard to remove the perfumed odor of high society and propriety from a girl like her
Oh man, Charlotte and Byron have to team up to be the snobby rich kids of the group. :D
An asshole who's a 'hero' to spite his parents? A bit iffy, but so long as he's good with saving people regardless of whether it's directly nature related he should be good!
Oh, yeah, I already told you how I was planing to handle this on Skype, but I'll respond here too so everyone knows what's up. Druid has already cast himself as the hero of his personal narrative (of course) and his parents and their ilk as the villains. He has enough presence of mind to realize that doing general heroic things will be good for public relations and getting people to sympathize with his cause, so even if it's not related to environmentalism he'll still do the general good guy thing (sometimes reluctantly, almost always with complaints) because of the tangential benefits.

Also, voted in the thing.

Also also, Druid will go for Mission 1A. Ironmen sound like the kind of anti-nature punks he'd wanna smash.

I just realized @GuyVolk made changes to his sheet, fixing the last of the errors necessary before acceptance.

So... accepted!

I guess I might as well share this with y'all at this point.

This is something I do regularly for roleplays I participate in. I call it my CharBriefs, cuz why not. The third sheet, Paragons, is relevant to you all, for quick'n'easy access.

In the menu, if you go > Data > Filter Views you may find some useful filters too. I personally like to use the Archetypes one.

I'll be adding summaries of biographies to it soon. Kinda late o'clock where I am right now.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.