American Paragons Redux

Seems more like it should be tanker than warrior to me too, actually.

Tankers take more punishment than others, warriors dish it out. Being tough enough to work harder/longer is a trait of the former.

Appearance is lacking but that's fine for now I guess.
oops, forgot to fix that

I had a pic in mind, but she's sticking her chest out, which I felt would be really awkward.

5951827290_57d0a15202_b.jpg

This works, however. ©Ira Chernova

Oh of COURSE, Canadian, gosh, you lil patriot. Nice backstory otherwise, looking good.
"Otherwise". So you're saying being Canadian isn't nice?!

Ariett was American, so I had to balance things out.
Now that I think of it, I've a 1:1 ratio of CAD vs USD characters in your RPs so far. SUCCESS

Edit: Looking back at our character sheets, I really hope there comes a situation where my character works with Holmishire's to smack a baddie with a house or something.
Our abilities are quite complimentary.

but let's start small

a tree, maybe

I also debated if it should fall into Warrior or Tanker, but I stuck with Warrior because endurance doesn't mean you're a tank. We just associate the word endurance with that because of videogame terminology.
I felt that it fell into the Warrior category since his muscles are stronger and experience less strain, but they aren't physically harder or tougher. He can run for a long time, but he can take a bullet about as well as the average Joe. He probably hits harder cause his muscles are stronger, but there no HP in real life. Main thing is, he can go on longer and might hit harder; but don't expect him to stop bullets cause he'll die like anyone else would.
Sources: People who work out aren't bullet-proof.

And I'm glad you noticed my use of the word boring. Repetition of key words is one of my favorite things to do when typing stuff.
I switched the archetypes around. They both play into his character at about the same level, so the order was't intentional, it just fell into place that way.
Seems more like it should be tanker than warrior to me too, actually.

Tankers take more punishment than others, warriors dish it out. Being tough enough to work harder/longer is a trait of the former.
Two cents go!

It probably won't matter how you classify it now, since it's functionally (about) the same either way. The two choices might start to branch when you get power moves and empowerment and such; A Hunter/Tanker may eventually tighten his muscles enough to stop bullets, for example, and a Hunter/Warrior may get a mad burst of arm-power before a punch. It just matters where you're going with the character. Probably.

The other thing is that you can be a Tanker but be a dodge Tank. Get endurance and reflexes to avoid hits and stuff. This would play into Hunter stuff as well for a nice... uh... fuck what's the word I'm thinking of? Synthesis? Whatever.

But it's your call.

Synergy?

Unless he turns into a tree when threatened. In that case, you nailed it.
SYNERGY! That's the ticket.

Edit: Wish I could rate that with two different positive ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stopwatched
The other thing is that you can be a Tanker but be a dodge Tank. Get endurance and reflexes to avoid hits and stuff. This would play into Hunter stuff as well for a nice... uh... fuck what's the word I'm thinking of? Synthesis? Whatever.

But it's your call.
I'm going more for something that hits hard and tracks things down. Think like a panther. If a panther nails you, you're done for; but if you shoot a panther, he's done for.
Panther is actually a good alias, now that I think about it.

Welp. So I've written up quite a few Power Moves when I decided, eh, fuck it, and am instead going to do what I did last time. See, most of you in this run of the RP, I trust to know the scope and scale of your powers as you start off and are weak and not great that... yeah I think I'll just trust you guys to behave. You always know that if you're uncertain about something, you can ask me if you can be able to do a certain thing so far.

So, yeah. Axe that from your sheets and I'll axe it from the OP (eventually; I think I'mma write up the first missions first so I just make one OP edit because lazy~)

And yes, that's missions, as in multiple. Unlike in the original where you had multiple and split up between them, you're going to have multiple but you can only do one. The ones you don't do, you leave in the hands of NPCs. Namely the stretched thin police department and the very busy with trying to find more survivors in Ground Zero in case there are more Enforcers. But, also other survivors with powers. You're not the only ones after all, just some of the first recovered.

So multiple missions will be presented and you guys have to agree on which to take. For the first one, this choice will have been made (in character) by forces beyond your control. You may not even know of the other options. But as things go on I plan on having you guys have to make the calls IC as well, meaning yay arguments over such things, and IC debate on how to even pick... and IC consequences of taking too long to pick! :D

Sounds like fun, Elendra! By the way, I can eat atom bombs and later use the power stored from that to blast a guy with a huge laser beam, right?

Alright so still working on the 'official write ups' for the missions, but I do have three missions set up on a 'general premise' way of things.

1- Lt. Prescott (with help) has learned the location of where the Ironmen had planned their attack on the White Queen Bridge (the last bridge connected then White Fence and Rook Island) which rendered the bridge no longer usable. It's an abandoned warehouse on Rook Island. However, due to the whole 'no resources / manpower to check it out' it'd fall on either the PCs or no one to check it out. Doing it may result in learning more about the attack and other events. Not doing it may mean critical information is lost that could solve a lot of mysteries and give a lot of answers.

2- The Fortress has offered to send help from its... less reputable society to help retrieve people and clean up things in Ground Zero. There is incredibly low levels of trust that they're going to not do anything illegal. The fortress has empowered people in it that keep it running, and other such things... so there's a worry that they may be 'recruiting' from it. Or stealing things from the wreckage. Taking this mission would mean helping clean up but also watching over them... just in case. Not taking this mission means that the 'babysitting' will be more lax due to less manpower to do so and unknown bad things may happen as a result. Or, maybe, nothing bad will happen.

"Why are they letting them into the area at all?"

After the Ironmen attack, if the Fortress really wanted something they don't have the manpower to watch and try to stop them let alone try to stop them just taking it by force. And, they could actually help even if they do take. In short, it's easier to go about it this way than otherwise.

3- The White Queen Bridge wasn't entirely destroyed by the Ironmen, just damaged too much to be used. However it's still mostly there and construction crews have begun to rapidly be pulled in, with volunteer help, to try to make an impromptu bridge so connections can remain. Given that the Ironmen destroyed it in the first place, there's a fear that they may attack there again to make sure that it stays ruined. The mission would of course be about trying to protect the area, so that more than going the long way and the way across the water may be used to get in and out of the region. Not taking this mission means that other survivors, namely the 'comeback characters' who 'survived' from the original Paragons will be in charge of helping defend the area... while in their incredibly frazzled state, instead of resting.

You may split up within the mission (And I may force that~), but you're all going to the same mission

Reactions: Stopwatched
You may split up within the mission (And I may force that~), but you're all going to the same mission
Aha! Alright. Seven people guarding the same bridge was a little intimidating.

Sounds like fun, Elendra! By the way, I can eat atom bombs and later use the power stored from that to blast a guy with a huge laser beam, right?
That doesn't sound like it might kill all of us in any way at all!

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
I'm favouring mission three, maybe mission one.

Why? Petty as it is, I dun wanna abandon my previous character to potential death this fast.

I'm for mission 1 because KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

But 3 is important as well...ughs, I'mma just put my vote into Mission 1.

Well Mission 1 is the only one that won't get done if it isn't chosen, so yeah going with that. Though bit confused.

I cast my vote on mission 1. Babysitting transhumanists and guarding a bridge that will otherwise still be guarded seem "meh" in comparison to warehouse investigation.

I'm voting for Mission 1 because I'm susceptible to peer pressure.