American Paragons Redux

Okay so because not everyone who has expressed interest has gotten a character up, I'm going to hold off a bit on the whole going through everything in detail just yet. Give people a chance to catch up so it's more on merit than timeliness.

But be expecting that thing soon.

Bloodhound, maybe?
That's actually a really good idea. I'll give it some thought, but I might end up using that.

Nice profile image, by the way. You got good taste in super heroes.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Finished Jacquelyn! Hope everything looks alright!

So, I changed my character's first name and gave her an alias that I'm not sure about. It may change later, if I think of something better. That's unlikely though.

So, I changed my character's first name and gave her an alias that I'm not sure about. It may change later, if I think of something better. That's unlikely though.
Pascal, like the standard unit for pressure? Maybe? Nothing wrong with Gravitron, though.

Pascal, like the standard unit for pressure? Maybe? Nothing wrong with Gravitron, though.
I learned something new today. Well, maybe re-learned something I forgot? School WAS a while ago.

That's not bad though. I think I'll pass on it for now, but maybe if it's suggested in character. I don't think it would be something my character would have come up with on her own.

Reactions: Stopwatched
Alright gonna prod some people one last time and then regardless gonna do the acceptings or whatever today.

Mostly as I just got struck by major inspiration on how to start this off.

0kMWAVq.jpg
Alias: SuppComm
Heroic Motivation: His morals simply won't let him do anything else with his powers, nor is he content to simply sit on the sidelines now that he has these abilities.
Name: Adrian Hughes
Sex: Male

Appearance: Dirty blonde hair, dark brown eyes, and a patch of freckles just under them and across the bridge of his nose. Stands a bit taller than average at 5'9 with a healthy, but not exceptionally fit, build at 164 pounds.

Biography: There's not much to say about Adrian. He grew up in a slightly above middle class family of three that was housed in the White Fence community. Bit of a quiet boy growing up, he never made much trouble for anyone. Eventually, when he was in middle school the family left that neighborhood for a slightly larger home in the Blue Moon District.

He attended culinary school after graduating high school, but ended up dropping out after his second year. Instead of education, he found a small place in the same District and bought it with the help of his father. A few renovations and the place was back in business as Taste Lives Here. It's been his pride for the last two years as it slowly gained a respectable reputation even if it wasn't really big enough to be called a restaurant.

He just happened to pick a bad day to decide and reminisce, see how things had changed in the old neighbourhood. While they might have been unchanged before, things certainly aren't how he remembered anymore now.

Primary Archetype: Leader
Secondary Archetype: Regulator
Manifestation: His Leader Archetype allows for the summoning of mechanical units to his aid, though that may be misleading. His aides don't come whole, but rather Adrian is capable of calling a core which serves as the basis of his constructs.

After its creation the core can break down appropriate material from its surroundings to further build on itself to create a suitable form for whatever task is at hand. If no materials are present then Adrian can manually add onto the core, though this tends to take longer and results in lower quality. Depending on the core itself and the complexity of the created unit, operation times can range from as short as a few minutes to upwards of an hour.

His Regulator Archetype manifests as the ability to cover individuals and objects with a shroud of energy that grants them a defensive boon. The shroud will expend itself to negate sufficiently powerful external forces, somewhat like reactive armor.
Primary Empowerments: None yet.
Secondary Empowerments: None yet.
Primary Power Moves: You will be granted these by the GM.
Secondary Power Moves: You will be granted these by the GM.

Signature: Zombehs

Last edited:
@Holmishire

Marbles / Holmishire
Motivation? Good enough! Enjoy being a... super hero? It's like being a soldier only your body is the weapon and even more people hate you than normal.

Honestly read your name as Okra. So you're okra to me now.

Appearance is lacking but that's fine for now I guess.

Oh of COURSE, Canadian, gosh, you lil patriot. Nice backstory otherwise, looking good.

Powers sound cool. Apt for many 'lost marbles' jokes though.

Accepting pending appearance.

@LVL1337N00B

Noobikins

YOU ARE BAD AT ALIASES but that's a fine motivation

She looks sad :c awww

Yay almost perfect backstory!

And you already know I like your manifestations~!

Accepted.

@Dusk

Dusk. Didn't you use to have a longer name? Er, anyway. Marionette is fine.

Looking good motivationally speaking.

Woo text appearances! Oh wow, CD players / walkmans? Retro. I mean, technically he could have a setting equivalent of an 'ipod' if he wanted to due to the advanced technological growth but whatevers.

Awwww, Pat and Eli <3

Hmmm... I like the destroyer manifestation, but I'll have to be a bit careful with the infiltrator when selecting powers (if I actually do that) Otherwise looks good!

Retro Acceptance.

@Stopwatched

New guy, let's test your chop chops. Shrike... wait Oh okay that's a type of bird, gotcha.

Your character is far better this time. Like it.

Corruption, dishonesty, bribes are way better than assassinations, and the smaller scale is appreciated.

I think I can work with a perma bird within limitations.

Hrm, bit of a pickel. Primacy was overtly (I think) granted to the other players from first run, but the limit was more in mind when I was maybe doing more than one RP. But now I'm only doing one. So, I think I can do seven and it work. A tenative accepted.

@Valhalla

>death of some of her closest friends

oh boy

Heyo Valhalla, I'd like it if you could change assured to assumed death, but I can run with it otherwise.

Also

"can harm her harm significantly, as well"

Otherwise looks good.

Most likely accepted.

@Sir Pinkleton

Aliases are hard.

Ooooh, now this could be fun, motivationally speaking.

I unironically love your use of the word boring over and over.

Hrm... hrm, okay I think maybe instead of Warrior / Hunter, this character is more Hunter / Tanker. Endurance focus as the important bit of increased human skill? Also you did mention his Hunter manifestation first AND that plays more into his freerunning, so it feels to me that that is the more important Archetype as well.

Some work may need be done.

@Zombehs

From what I know you didn't have anything on this until today; and for that time you cranked out something nice. Although I'm not quite sure what Supp is short for. It's not Super, because number of 'p's... hrm...

Yay cooking in Blue Moon!

Hrm, now I can run with full summoning, but I'd prefer an alternative if you'd be fine with that. Instead of summoning, you're able to cobble them together from the environment? Similar to the golemancy that was done in the original Paragons, but with an easier transition into longevity AND ther are others with that power (multiple!) so I feel putting you in that school with them would be fun.

Or if you wanna keep it summoning, that's cool too but that'll weaken them a bit due to having to somehow create them from scratch.

Maybe you can later empower to from scratch?

Er, anyway, I've spent more on this than anyone else. So last note, your lil field manipulation thing; would like it if you started off with one or the other and later got to do both instead of both to start, especially because it's a secondary but even then if it were a primary.

Some work need be done.

And that's all, folks.[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
@Elendra - Is funny she looks sad, because she will be more emotionally stable than my old character was meant to be. Maybe I should think of some annoying quirk to make up for that, like.. A habit of thoughtlessly overstepping boundaries or a tendency to pick up small things that don't belong to her here and there.

And yes, I am terrible at aliases. You should see how long it generally takes me to name characters. I'll stare at the letters on a screen and look around every now and then like the perfect name is on the wall somewhere.

Edit: Looking back at our character sheets, I really hope there comes a situation where my character works with Holmishire's to smack a baddie with a house or something.

Last edited:
power moves will be coming soon too

like in a couple of days

tomorrow at the earliest, monday at the latest

least that is my current plan

power moves will be coming soon too

like in a couple of days

tomorrow at the earliest, monday at the latest

least that is my current plan
I don't know why we're whispering

but the hype is real

@Sir Pinkleton

Aliases are hard.

Ooooh, now this could be fun, motivationally speaking.

I unironically love your use of the word boring over and over.

Hrm... hrm, okay I think maybe instead of Warrior / Hunter, this character is more Hunter / Tanker. Endurance focus as the important bit of increased human skill? Also you did mention his Hunter manifestation first AND that plays more into his freerunning, so it feels to me that that is the more important Archetype as well.

Some work may need be done.
I also debated if it should fall into Warrior or Tanker, but I stuck with Warrior because endurance doesn't mean you're a tank. We just associate the word endurance with that because of videogame terminology.
I felt that it fell into the Warrior category since his muscles are stronger and experience less strain, but they aren't physically harder or tougher. He can run for a long time, but he can take a bullet about as well as the average Joe. He probably hits harder cause his muscles are stronger, but there no HP in real life. Main thing is, he can go on longer and might hit harder; but don't expect him to stop bullets cause he'll die like anyone else would.
Sources: People who work out aren't bullet-proof.

And I'm glad you noticed my use of the word boring. Repetition of key words is one of my favorite things to do when typing stuff.
I switched the archetypes around. They both play into his character at about the same level, so the order was't intentional, it just fell into place that way.