American Paragons Redux

Damn, am I too late to get my old spot back? Cause I've got an idea somewhere in here for a character.

Alias: Shrike

Heroic Motivation: Redemption, to atone for past crimes of corruption and deceit in public office.

Name: Avidan Wright, usually shortened to Avi.

Sex: Male

Appearance:

italian-mafia.jpg

Standing at 5'7", Avi strikes an imposing figure with his broad shoulders and toned muscles. Wright's rarely seen without his dark suit and tie, and he wears said suit with an air of confidence. Slight fondness for hats.

Biography: "Avidan: The Wright Choice!"

This. This was the slogan that would carry Avidan through his (albeit short) political career. It seemed incredibly cheesy at first, of course, but it was everything a slogan should be: Short, snappy, optimistic, and memorable. From student to city council, people had eaten it up. Such successful PR was vital to a public servant; And with a name like Wright, how could you pass that up? It was perfect! Well, almost perfect. Any advertising, no matter how much attention it grabs, can only draw you in to something. The something had to keep you there afterwards. And, fortunately for then-upcoming something Avidan Wright, he had just the thing to do it

His voice.

Deep, rich, and resounding, the voice of Avidan Wright was astonishing in its own right. It was incomparable. It was a voice to rouse your spirit when injustice was rampant, and assure you that it had the perfect plan to mend such a terrible misfortune. It was a voice of power, of command, of trust. Avidan's supporters were fanatical. His opponents melted before him. After all, how could you argue with reason so sound, in a voice so compelling? It was impossible, and people loved him even more for it. Nothing could stop him. And then...

His voice.

Years later, it was once again assuring. Explaining. These rumors were not true. They couldn't be. Avidan Wright, the city's best man, funding Irongate cartels? Fueling mobs in the Blue Moon District of his very own town? Accepting bribes, succumbing to corruption? Inconceivable. These were lies, all of them, meant to tarnish his sterling image. How could it be true? All of it? Any of it? The official reports, government investigations, they were the corrupt ones. The evidence was forged. It had to be; Couldn't you see? Such a sudden disappearance of vital records- Would he do this? Him? No, never. Not Avidan. Not in a million years.

But the evidence was too much. The opposition too fierce, the disappearances too coincidental, the investigations all too condemning. Wright fell from his pedestal of glory. No longer was he Kuakilla's favorite man; For a while, he was its most hated. A shining image of corruption. Dishonesty. Betrayal. Wright's career was over. He was removed from office, taken away, barely avoiding a prison sentence with a crack team of lawyers. Oh, the lawyers. Bickering, shouting, demanding more money in their ugly voices. He had to oblige. What choice did he have? Soon all he had left to his name was a beautiful voice and a pitiful savings account. His fortune, his fame, all of it, gone. All that he had was

His voice.

Shrieking, breaking, ending. His fateful journey, to cut ties with the Blue Moon gangs once and for all, interrupted by a flash. Green. Hot. Painful. A shockwave like the horse of ten hammers threw him against a window, slashing his throat with glass and just narrowly missing his heart. Blood poured, wet and sticky. Doctors, amazed to see him alive. It didn't matter. His voice. All that he had left, his crowning achievement, his lifelong treasure, torn away.

His voice was silent.

Primary Archetype: Leader

Secondary Archetype: Regulator

Manifestation: After the Blast event, Avidan's grief formed into something... Solid. Moving. Alive. He woke up one morning to find a small mockingbird perched firmly on his shoulder. It wouldn't fly very far away when shooed. It wouldn't flinch when he banged on tables. The damn thing wouldn't leave him alone. Exasperated, the most vile swear he knew raced through his mind.

And out of the bird's mouth.

Watching his new companion day to day now, Avidan noticed something peculiar about it. The bird was never quite the same size. Nothing noticeable to the outside observer, of course, but Wright knew this bird better than anyone else. And so he should; He created it, after all. By manipulating his will and "inflection", Wright seemed able to cause this size change himself. Inch by inch. Smaller, bigger, whatever. He'd surely find no use for such a trivial ability.

Primary Empowerments: Nada.

Secondary Empowerments: Zilch.

Signature: I, Stop of the Watches, hereby relinquish the right to kill any or all Avidan Wrights in my possession to Elendra. Can signatures be typed? That seems to defeat the purpose of, you know, signing.

Also: I know Leaders are only supposed to get a temporary minion at first, but I hereby submit @Elendra a request to make the mockingbird permanent (considering it's my only method of dialogue). If you feel the need to balance this out, make it suck in combat for a while. Make the size-changing more limited. I just want my perma-bird.

ALRIGHT MOFOS LESGO.

Two ideas for a character spring to mind: Leader/Regulator politician and... sound-based guy. You know, sound based guy. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Stopwatched's half-assed sound-based guy!

Alright, sound-based guy, maybe in another life. We hardly knew ye.

Politician... Alright. I use that word a lot when brainstorming, alright? Alright. Al Right. Ha! Cheesy names. Anyway, it'd be interesting to give him some sort of impairment, either as a natural thing or as a direct result of the Blast Event. Maybe blindness? Oh! Okay, so whatever impairments he has, his minion/minions do it for him. So, like, a blind guy that sees through many little eyes. Huh! That's interesting. May be hard to work with, though, and doesn't regally fit the theme of politician/leader. Aha! What if he had this deep, rich, sonorous voice before the incident and he lost it in the Blast? Yes! Maybe? It isn't murder-rape-babies everyone-I-ever-loved-is-dead kind of tragic, so Elendra should be fine with it. Especially if his minion talks for him. Yes! Alright, I like this.

So he loses his most valued trait, his voice, and gains the ability to control some sort of minion. What's the ultimate goal? As in, like, how can the power be built on? It seems kind of narrow. Hm. Also need to work in that secondary archetype.

Alias: Mute, reticent, taciturn. None really sound like superhero names.

...Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't really given him a power in the first place. Sure, he's mute, and he uses a minion to overcome that. But that's really general. I could- Oh! I wonder if I could incorporate sound guy into this character? Huh. That's a thought. The lack of voice already orients him that way. Maybe he actually still has the voice, but it's so illustrious that he never uses it except in dire situations? Uh... Hm. Put that one down as a maybe. Anyway: Minions! Because he's primarily a Leader, and apparently using sound in some way, what are the minions? How do they use sound? Or maybe Leader is his secondary archetype, used to control one minion that talks for him while he uses sound himself? That would make him... What, a Blaster? Blech. Boring normal archetype.

Leader/Regulator seems like the best bet.

Mockingbirds! How did I not think of that before? Either that or floating orbs of sound.

...Leader may be difficult, as much as I hate to says it. Perhaps Warrior/Leader? No! I'm going to make this damn Leader archetype work if it kills me. Which it might.

Leader, mockingbird minions. First minion, if Elendra will allow it, is permanent but can't fight for squat yet; I just need him perched on my shoulder to do dialogue. Good! Basis done.

Still need offensive powers and a secondary archetype. GOT IT. Regulators power to make the birds grow in size. Would be easily empowered (The mockingbird... Got bigger!). Too narrow, though? No! I could eventually have an army of talking, flying beasts of varying size. Need to fly somewhere? Giant mockingbird. Need a small mockingbird? Small mockingbird. Do they have to be mockingbirds, though? Hm. The main dialogue one has to be, but I could open the field even more by just saying "Birds". Huh. Huh! That's interesting. I like that. Yeah! Going for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really coming up with anything at the moment and motivation's down.

Not really coming up with anything at the moment and motivation's down.
I understand that feel; I'm currently nix motivation and trying to force myself to do shit despite it!

Biography: "Avidan: The Wright Choice!"
whoa boy, so you may (and by may, I mean did) go a bit overboard here with that story. Presidential candidate, assassinations, face everyone would know? Gonna need to tone that down.

whoa boy, so you may (and by may, I mean did) go a bit overboard here with that story. Presidential candidate, assassinations, face everyone would know? Gonna need to tone that down.
Bleh, alright. Hang on.

And now to make a politician that no one will recognize.

Huh.

Oh mayor / city level would be better. It was the 'everyone everywhere knows your name' kinda level thing that was too much
Oh, awesome! Alright. Only need minor modifications, then.

Unimportant characters are the way to go, I say. Nobodies4lyf.

Edit: Also, I am amused by a guy named Wright being able to summon and control birds.

Reactions: Stopwatched
[bg=#404040]Cherry Bomb![/bg]​

Heroic Motivation:
Experiencing the devastation that took place in White Fence, as well as the disappearance, and assumed death of some of her closest friends, Jacquelyn is fueled by guilt to play the part of a hero. Believing it's the very least she can do for those that lost their lives, families members, and homes in the Blast, Jackie now strives to protect and be the savior everyone expects her to be.​
Alias: Cherry Bomb
Name: Jacquelyn "Jackie" Durant
Sex: Female
Appearance:
  • Height: 5 foot 2 inches
  • Weight: 110lbs
  • Build: Petite, and Slender
  • Hair Color: Dark Brown
  • Eye Color: Dark Brown
Biography:
"We never should have left school that day. We should have just stayed in class, and none of this would have happened..."

Family, and school had always been the center of Jacquelyn Durant's life. While her mother worked constantly, desperately trying to keep a roof over their heads, Jackie went to school and took care of her four younger brothers and sisters while she was away. Born on Rook Island, and raised in the poverty stricken area of downtown, Jackie was able to attend Wellington Academy in the Bishop District near White Fence through a scholarship and further funding with the help of her mother.

Unlike her friends who were interested in partying and other alternative ways of having fun, Jackie's focus fell on her studies, and furthering her education. Aware of her privilege as a student at the Academy, she avoided trouble and anything that could get her kicked out of school, but despite all her caution Jackie did something very unlike herself on the day of the Blast. Deciding not to persuade her friends out of their bad decision, she decided to follow along and skip school with them on that fateful day.

Heading to the White Fence area after cutting class, Jackie and her friends were caught in the center of the Blast. Finding herself among the rubble with the charred bodies of what she assumed were her friends, she was soon swept away with the rest of the Survivors. Her future now laying in the hands of the Enforcers.​
Primary Archetype: Blaster
Secondary Archetype: Destroyer
Manifestation: Volatile Constructs / Manipulation
Generated through strong emotions, Jackie can create multi-colored exploding plasmoids from the palm of her hands. Ranging from small, to large-scale explosions based on her current state of emotions, Jackie can launch the globules at her intended targets and detonate them on command or instantly on contact. While destructive, Jackie's plasmoids can cause temporary blindness, deafness, and confusion upon detonation allowing her to stun enemies and gain an upper hand. Despite her powers relying on her emotions, stalled detonations can cause her extreme migraines, and stress while her own bright or loud explosions can harm her significantly, as well.​
Primary Empowerments: None yet.
Secondary Empowerments: None yet.
Primary Power Moves: You will be granted these by the GM.
Secondary Power Moves: You will be granted these by the GM.
Signature: I, Valhalla, give Elendra full permission to drive Jacquelyn through hell and back, and even to death, if they so wish.

Just a WIP of my character. I should have Jackie finished by tomorrow, or the day after!

Hope I'm not too late. ; u ;

@Elendra! Redid Wright's backstory to make him more local politician than Frank Underwood. As usual, I blame Kevin Spacey.

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
@Valhalla - Now I've got that song stuck in my head, thanks xD..

Reactions: Valhalla
Alias: I'll figure that out later.

Heroic Motivation: It's better than a real job. That, and Jim's never been the type to live sitting down. He's sort of an adrenaline junkie. He believes super powers are the best thing that have ever happened to him.

Name: Jim Buckley

Sex: Male

Appearance: That thing over there. ->

Biography: Jim's life feels boring, and it's been driving him crazy. He works at a sales office in the Bishop District, he has no education outside of a high school diploma, and he lives in a small apartment in the west part of Rook Island. His friends are boring, his family is boring, his girlfriend is boring, his job is boring, nothing in the world seems to deviate the way he wants it to. Except at night. At night, Jim freeruns around the city, looking for things to climb, jump across, and slide off of. It's the one thing in his drab life that brings color and excitement to the world. For the low price of a pair of running shoes and workout clothes, he gets easy thrills for cheap. He's gotten in trouble for it a handful of times, especially in areas that don't allow the "hobby", and he's seen the inside of the police precinct more than once. It doesn't stop him though. His late night runs are what keep him going. They prevent execution by boredom. He just wishes, he could do it more than three times a week. They feed the thrill seeking addiction Jim otherwise can't afford and in the recent months, he's been giving up a few responsibilities just to do it. Call it a problem or an addiction, it's been his life for the past four years. He's gotten pretty good at it too. Sure, he's had a couple of bad falls, some twisted ankles, and one dislocated arm, but he's gotten better at it than when he started. Freerunning, as dumb and dangerous as it can be, it keeps him from losing it at his 9 to 5 job. Jim was actually on his way to work when the blast went off.

Primary Archetype: Hunter
Secondary Archetype: Warrior

Manifestation: The blast event made some funny changes to Jim's body. Instead of something new being added, the blast simply improved what was already there. Jim's senses became much more attentive, but the one that got the biggest improvement was (oddly enough) his sense of smell. His body was improved by taking the receptors that picked up all these inputs and it improved their efficiency as well as made more of them. This is what makes him a hunter. Jim's endurance also saw an improvement. By changing his musculature in the same way it changed his sensory receptors, the blast gave him near superhuman strength. His muscles can now work longer with less strain or fatigue. Strength has improved as well, but the focus seemed to be on endurance.

Primary Empowerments:
Secondary Empowerments:

Primary Power Moves:
Secondary Power Moves:

Signature: Like last time, I, Sir Pinkleton III Esquire, being of relatively sound mind and body on this day of the 22nd of March in the year Two Thousand and Fifteen (2015), agree to the terms Elendra has proposed and leave the fate of Sir Jim Buckley of Kuakilla in their capable hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stopwatched
Okay, I'm done with it. Do with it what you will.

Hey, just noticed I was at my cap already. I should go through reading all of your characters (and actually deciding if I'll do 5 or 6 as my cap to boot).

I didn't realize there were already six sheets up. Huh.