American Horror Story | The New Coven

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrypticWriter

Original poster
Witches are humans with magical talent, and generally with the power to affect change by magical means ("Witchcraft"). Many escaped the Salem witch trials and sought refuge in New Orleans. Among the population of witches there is always, but one, Supreme witch per generation. As the witches settled in their new territory a rivalry between them and the native Voodoo practitioners arose. The feud is still on going in present day New Orleans. A group of witches are the focus of Coven, in which magic is a genetic heredity that connects a person to the elements and forces of nature in order to practice witchcraft. The origin of witchcraft remains a mystery, however it is known that witches have existed for many centuries, passing down their knowledge and skills through generations in family lines.

The Supreme Witch, known more colloquially as simply The Supreme, is a worldwide recognized status among the witches descending from the Salem Witch Trials. While most witches possess only a handful of gifts, the Supreme is said to embody multiple, if not all, gifts. Historically there is said to be only one Supreme per generation (approximately 30-50 years). Only things have begun to change and now it has come to the attention of the council that their may be more than one Supreme in the new generation. The Lady Stella Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a school created in the eighteen hundreds for the purpose of educating witches. Another difference to this generation is that a school for Young Warlocks has opened just a few years ago and now with new witches coming to Lady Stella problems are to ensue in the town infamous for witches, Salem, Massachusetts.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rules:

1. Have Fun

This is one of the most important rules of them all. Don't be miserable and make others miserable. Roleplaying is about creating a story with other writers and having pure fun.

2. Respect

Please respect my decisions, roleplay and your fellow roleplayers. This is also one of the most important rules. I realize some characters won't get along, but don't make your character a bitch or a know-it-all. There is nothing more annoying. Also, please respect other people's characters.

3. Characters

Make your Character realistic and interesting, please. Also, if someone has submitted a character before you did, make sure you read over their character sheet before submitting your own, just to be sure that they are not similar. Witches, Warlocks and even The Supreme have weaknesses as well. Remember that. If you think anything different then this roleplay is not for you. I would love to have a few powerhouse characters but still, either they have a few flaws and weaknesses. And don't everyone make a female character please. Please use a real image pic or gif.

4. Character Sheets

Fill out all of the desired areas that have been provided please. And wherever you see where it says a required number of paragraphs, I really mean that required number of paragraphs.

5. PG-13

I am fine with a lot of things when it comes to swearing, gore and violence but when the clothes start coming off, fade to black or take it to the PMs. Also, since I don't know everyone else's limits, try not to be as descriptive with the gore, please.

6. Posting

This is a literate roleplay and I am expecting at least three paragraphs from each person. That means that I will accept anything close to three paragraphs. Please be able to post at least two to three times a week. If I am going to be gone for a minimum amount of time, I will let you know and please show us and me that same gratitude. Also, for you speed posters out there, please allow at least three people to post after your last post before posting again. If your character and another character is going to have a long ass conversation, please get together and do a collaboration post. Please be committed and active in both IC and OOC.

7. Commitment

Also another important rule. If you are accepted then please don't post one, or two posts then disappear. Stick it out till the end or just don't join at all.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Character Skeleton
Name:

Nicknames:

Sexuality:

Appearance:
[Include a pic and brief description.]

Attire:

Ability:
[Please describe their ability here.]

Limitations:
[What limits do you have with your ability?]

Personality: