Ambient Destiny: Medieval Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kailani "Kaila" Nuwatii

"I just want to blend in. When I'm not performing, and especially when I'm new to a place, I just want things to be simple. I don't want to be recognized, it's simpler and calmer this way. But thank you for the kind words, at least." Kaila smiled, though she felt rather disappointed when Alexis said she was going to keep her face hidden. For whatever reason she felt a connection to this girl and she didn't want her to just leave. She was rather enjoyed the teens company...

"Being an entertainer is alright, traveling is perhaps my favorite part of it." "I'll bet. I have only traveled from the coast to here but along the way I noticed things changed drastically. If only I ended up following my fathers path and becoming a traveling merchant..." She trailed off once again cogitating over another idea. She still had time to be a merchant, all she had to do was make a good amount of money, buy some good cheep here before moving on to the next area and selling them where they are more valuable. A simple way to make a living and she could travel. Not only that but it would give her a chance to run from her powers. No matter how useful they still managed to scare her. Others didn't seem to like the powers she was cursed with.

"Oh, umm, nothing. I'm waiting for the innkeeper to come over." "Oh." She looked down at her lap for a second, slowly running her hand over her dress to rid it of the unpleasant corrugated surface."If you'd like, I'll be playing in the square tomorrow at noon. If you want to watch, please feel free to come." She looked up and noticed a slight smile on the girls face when she invited her to watch her performance. Of course since that was the first time she had ever seen the young girl smile she couldn't help but be over joyed. "Of course, I would love to watch your performance!" She said with a larger smile than she had previously warn. "Oh, and I don't think I have gotten your name."

Edward Rommelo​
Noticing his glass was now empty, he began motioning for Chaz to order a new beverage, although it most likely went unnoticed in the huge crowd
"Its better not to be yelling across a full room" He murmured to himself, forgetting the strange upfront female in front of him
Quickly yelling at himself mentally he quietly returned to scanning the room for anyone of interest, there was that kid who wanted to learn carpentry from him but he quickly refused, seeing as no one ever wanted to learn from him, and it was better this way. Even though there were many of, what the people called, "Ambient" mages in this city, it was better not to stick out and make too much of a name for yourself, seeing as most people are likely out to get him.

He quickly chastised himself, and began to focus on the wood work in the bar, wood never lies, unlike people, wood will always be truthful and honest, and only his woodwork the past few years kept him sane...

Chazlin Groos
Though it was slowing down some, there were still new people entering the inn. Chaz energized himself with the crowd, watching his till fill with their coin as his staff worked the common area and he remained at the bar. A relatively unassuming brunet man was speaking to the man who had distorted his goblet, which Chaz hoped meant that the man would stay. Edward also caught his attention, and Chaz quickly brought the mage another drink. The strange man was talking to a woman, but as she did not seem worried about the man in front of her, Chaz left them to their conversation.

As he returned down the bar he noticed that the young girl he had picked out before for her strange cloak was gesturing to him, though she also seemed to be in conversation with the woman beside her. The girl's cloak seemed to have slipped back slightly, confirming that she was indeed young. Chaz knew not to underestimate her though, and as far as he was concerned if she could pay--and even if she couldn't--she would be welcome.

"Good evening," he said to her, leaning on the inside of the bar so he seemed less imposing. He nodded to her companion as well, as smile on his face. "How might I be of service?" Chaz asked, as if he hadn't a care and a bustling bar to attend to. Something about the girl made him very curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexis
"Oh, sorry, my name is Alexis..." She was cut off as the innkeeper walked up. She nodded to the girl and turned to him, taking a pouch from her side. "Hello, it's nice to meet you". Alex did a little bow with her head, something she did to anyone of authority, or those she was doing business with. "I need a room here, but for the next week, I have more than enough to cover it, and food as well." She opened the pouch, and dumped out quite a large number of coins. If anyone were watching, they might think to rob her, but Alex knew with a simple tune she could put any would-be thieves to sleep, or distract them long enough to get away, so she felt safe. "I'm a traveling performer, and I need a place to stay while I play in town. In exchange..." she blushed at this, since she preferred to separate her entertaining self with the self that wasn't performing, "...I would not mind playing for your inn or its patrons a few times or so".

It wasn't something she did before, the places she stayed at before would ask her to play when they found out she was the musician who enchanted everyone when she came to play, but she always refused. But something about this inn felt gentle, serene, she felt safe and comfortable here, like it was a home away from home. Was it the food? Maybe the guests? Either way, Alex decided it might not be the worst thing ever to play for the patrons here, after all, even if it embarrassed her, it brought more coin to use for traveling, and more coin to pay off the guards that always seemed to follow her.

Chazlin Groos
The girl seemed like she was a lot more comfortable than she had been when she first entered the Thirsty Marquess, and for that Chaz was glad. He preferred it if his patrons wanted to return in the future; it built him a good reputation. Though he was a little unnerved by her show of deferring to him with a bowed head, he nonetheless listened to her inquiry, surprised as she spilled a good amount of money over his counter. Chaz looked at her carefully, wondering what might make her so confident as to invite thieves, especially if she was only a performer and not a warrior or mage, as far as he knew. He considered snatching a coin to see what would happen, but quashed the notion immediately.

"I'm sure that we have a room for the next week," Chaz said, and produced a leather-bound ledger from below the bar. He opened it carefully, flipping through a multitude of thin pages until he came to the current date. "Room twelve is available for the foreseeable future," he said, using a charcoal stick attached to the book with a string to write Alexis' name onto the page. "As for your payment, if you will perform for us I can do five bronze an evening, with no charge for the last night. That includes the morning and evening meals each day, and some services such as baths drawn on request. Does that sound agreeable to you?" Chaz inquired.

As he waited for Alexis to answer his gaze travelled to the woman next to her, who had inquired about employment earlier in the evening. If she was interested, he could use a kitchen hand. He planned on discussing it with her when he had finished with Alexis.

Alexis
"More than acceptable". She handed over the coin, and turned back to the bar, to finish her meal. She was surprised at how nice he was, this was certainly much nicer than she had stayed in in the past, and she was certainly grateful.

She thought about heading to bed early tonight, she was quite tired, having had to walk to the town on foot when the cart she hired didn't appear. She turned to the girl next to her, ready to excuse herself for the evening.

Kailani "Kaila" Nuwatii
Kaila nodded back to the bar tender as an informal greeting before he started talking to Alexis. She looked between the two as they talked and she couldn't help but smile. The bar tender didn't seem to uptight about anything, even the bar he was working at that was as busy as ever... maybe slightly slower than earlier, but the way he held himself it looked almost like he was taking a break from it all. She smiled a little more when she heard Alexis was staying for an entire week. That would give them time to get to know each other before Alexis went off on her next adventure. She was sure they would meet again however, because she wanted to hear about all of Alexis's tales about the world she was fortunate enough to explore.

was rather surprised to see such a large amount of coin on the table. Absentmindedly she looked around to see if Alexis had hired guards or something of the sort to protect her but saw nothing. Alexis, and dare she say her new friend, was either very careless, which she was unlikely considering it seemed like Alexis traveled the world on her own at such a young age and was still safe and sound, or she had some trick up her sleeve. She sighed a little, both of them seemed to have their futures planned, seemed to have everything figured out, while here she was, just trying to make it threw the day. She hadn't realized she sighed out loud but she decided she would make her exit just as Alexis turned to her. "It seems you have your room set for tonight. I'm sure your tired after your travels so I wont keep any longer so long as you promise not to be a stranger." She smiled a little standing up herself ready to find her way to the rest room before turning suddenly as she remembered she still needed to meet the owner of the inn to see if she could get a job.

"Um, excuse me?" She said to the bar tender whom seemed ready to talk to her anyways. "About the job? Is there any chance I can meet with the owner now? I really would feel better if I know whether I have one or not. I mean I don't think I can afford a hot meal and a room..." She smile a little trying hard not to make him feel bad about giving her the hot meal, "And if I can't then I would need to give you an IOU until I can secure work for myself." Honestly she felt a little embarrassed to be saying such a thing. After all a rich young teen had just shown off a large amount of coin and here she was, twenty four and broke...

Status
Not open for further replies.