Ambient Destiny: Medieval Magic [Signups/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to wait just for one or two more, but after that I'll leave the signups open and more people can write about themselves finding out about the group and then joining later on. (:

Sounds fair

Name: Finley Rheinstein
Magic Type: glasswork

Physical Description: Since he is slender and of average height, Finley would probably never make it out alive in a body-building contest. He's 5'7 and 145 pounds,respectively. He has a sharp chin as well as a slightly pointed nose and brown eyes, and the only really astounding or significant thing about his appearance is his long ginger hair. He keeps it around chest length, the only reason being to "make sure he won't freeze in winter!" He has the habit of experimenting with clothing, though is terrible at sewing and manages to make creations that are... Certainly... Creative.

Magical Abilities: Finley has an odd fascination with glass, to say the least. He loves imagining his glass as a window, looking inside a world of wonder and expectations. He's not exceptionally good at melding glass, but it does serve well when he's in a bad situation and needs a little "extra" help. He practices by making small glass sculptures, selling them to people who like collecting his work. It's not very exciting, but it pays decent and the practicing sure does pay off.he melds it mostly by holding a piece in his hands, though he likes experimenting with how far he can go. Sometimes he can even make it shatter, but that requires energy and strong emotion.

Personality: Impulsive and hasty, Finley loves trying new things but tends to rush the process. He can only create good things when he's slowed down or thinking straight. He tends to panic easily when pressured, and has a habit of talking too much at a bad time. He's a loyal friend, but his ambitions and own selfishness sometimes blinds that key attribute. He likes helping people, but can be manipulated easily for this reason. He's a different person when he's alone, and acts somewhat reserved and quiet. This is mostly because he likes being a show-off.

History: Being the middle child of three siblings wasn't tough, but it wasn't a walk in the park, either. He had a smart older sister, and a younger brother who was naturally talented at whatever he could land his hands on. Finley was always the one to make trouble for attention, which didn't make a good impression on his mother and father. He never had an astounding relationship with them, which made moving and living on his own easier on his heart. He managed to acquire a small store, and makes little trinkets and such made of glass. He had first learned of his powers when he had tried cutting a rope for his little brother when he was twelve. In desperation, he managed to mentally sharpen a piece of glass, and nearly scared himself to death in the process. He never told his family, never really feeling obligated to. He sometimes feels like he himself can be glass, looked through to view something better, and easily shattered by anger or desperation. He dislikes loud noises and prefers to be in quiet, peaceful areas because it reminds him of his old hometown, though memories aren't a very sentimental thing to him. He is quite the optimist, though his mood always plummets with bad weather. He doesn't like when it's gloomy, disliking humidity and disturbed that he can't see the sun on a normal day. He gets jealous easily when it comes to smarts or talent, reminded of his siblings. This just fires up his ambition and attitude, however.

Other: ((ahh I hope this wasn't too late or rushed! I apologize for any typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to wait just for one or two more, but after that I'll leave the signups open and more people can write about themselves finding out about the group and then joining later on. (:

Whee, we just got another, our entourage grows!

Does this mean we can start?! =D

Last edited:
Name:Vulca Velimna
Magic Type: Rock

Physical Description: Leveling off at five feet tall, this olive-toned wanderer leaves his black hair short ease of care. For the man refrains from any elegance in garb despite the extra coins kept aside in his outpost a ways from town. Such cheapness shows itself. Vulca tends to stitch together whatever he can buy at discount to last their worth.

Magical Abilities: Ambient magic tuned with the earth, he demonstrates his fascination through fine detail cuts and polished crafts from a multitude of minerals. Vulca since he left his hometown, the magical aptitude towards gems and rock grew in functionality. From town to town: exiled for his strangeness, suspected for theft, he practiced in means to protect himself from harm or slander.

Even with the simplest pebble, he can infuse simple cues and orders into the stones he handles. Recording sounds and pictures, levitate rocks and spinning crystals, Vulca can imagine an assortment of uses for the materials he is adept at. And while he has not fabricated a viable golem with his knowledge, he knows how to escape a dire situation by literally swimming in the soil.

Personality:
A secretive fellow, none known for casually chattering with strangers he met along the streets. Yet, for those keen on engaging on specific topics, even those he loathes, will rather debate than dwindle on worthless babble.

History:
Not much heard of the man, for he traveled around the empire since his teens before settling in Lorwick the past few years. Conflated with the notorious peddlers and beggars, Vulca never shown high esteem from the greater public, though one trait did stand out from his misinformed caricature to those who accompanied his presence. His handiwork. Out of many lowly vendors that hash away quick goods for the markets, the various gemstones and stoneware he amassed astounds some of the most resilient buyers. In the meantime of the animosity towards his sort, resides in a small hidden house outside of town to relax from the strife. There, he hoards the small fortune one would not have saved staying inside society.

Both accepted! I will make a post on the thread now and then everyone is welcome to interact. (: People are still welcome to join; I'm sure we can fit you in somehow.

EDIT: I have made a first post, and there should be plenty of opportunity for everyone to jump in!

Reactions: Warenai hana
I'm going to let everyone get acquainted for a little, but I'm sure they can all find some trouble in the grand market that will be happening in a few days. (: Expect some action soon!

Trouble is always fun >=]

Well, wanting to get involved in random shenanigans happens to be something of a specialty of mine

Its so hard to hold myself back! I want to post and post and post but at the same time I don't want to leave anyone behind. Uhg... *evil grin* To fix this problem, everyone hurry up and post!

Name: Darius
Magic Type: Scholar

bt___drunken_fighter_korn_by_orb01-d3135af.jpg

Physical Description: 5'6" and 182lbs. Darius has a lean build and sun-kissed skin with dark brown hair and eyes.
Magical Abilities: When Darius is exposed to something interesting he begins to memorize it. If given instruction by an expert, using tools used by an expert, and/or he records what he's learning, Darius will develop skills at a startling rate. These factors are not necessary, but will greatly improve the speed he learns and only up to the level of experience of the person teaching him, where he could then build upon what he's learned. He's even improved on an original technique, generating some dislike from prideful experts. The more he splits his focus on different subjects the rate at which he'll improve is lower, albeit still increased.

Personality: Darius is naturally curious and always ready to practice the things he's learned and perhaps even share them with others. His thoughts often occupy his mind and he will become lost in them, most often while he's working and he will lose awareness of his surroundings.

History: Darius is an orphan. When he was younger he was taken under the tutelage of an old foreigner and was taught compassion, moderation, and humility. He learned from the old man an art form practiced through the body but was more of a way of life. Because of this people most often thought of him as a freak, and when the old man died he was left to experience the world alone. Which actually went pretty decently. Darius decided to move on from his small hometown and go to Lorwick, he figured they may be tolerant in a bigger city. He was half right. Some enjoyed his hard work and ability to catch on quickly, while others disliked him for it. Now Darius has a lot of working experience under his belt and loves learning how to do different jobs.

Other: Uh can't think of anything right now.

Wups! Looks like the inn is still as busy as it was before.

I fixed my post so it would be easier to respond to @mind tuna

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, but I will be back! I'll do my best to reply while I'm gone, but no promises.

OK! Have fun on vacation! =]

Still open for new people and their character?

please use /quote or name my name to make sure I get notified by a reply as I will not directly start watching the thread.

I hope you have a fun and mostly safe vacation.

This could give everyone a chance to plot with each other on possible character interactions and what have you.

@Amalia~lia

I'm almost positive this RP is still accepting but our master left for vacation so yeah... You could make a character if you wanted anyways. I'm like 95% sure we are accepting.

When will he be back from vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.