Am I the Last Person Alive?

39.jpg

Alex kept himself between the small... Dog? No... It looked a little more wild than that. Have wolves evolved in this new world to accept the alliance of a human? He pushed these thoughts from his mind as he stood between the animal and Hope. It didn't necessarily look feral, but he was also hoping to be a good defense line between this girl and Hope should it come to that.
Then the girl stepped out and spoke, and her tone was an immediate source of relief. " uh... Hi" He said, awkwardly as usual, a fact that was driving him insane... If he wasn't already. " I'm Alex... And behind me is Hope. Its um... Nice to meet you." He carefully inspected the girl, what little he could see of her and then moved slowly, careful not to make any sudden movements over to what looked to be a cooking pot. He motioned for Hope to shut the door behind her and began picking up scraps of broken wood and loose paper, most of which had probably come from the old-timey shelves that lined the store. The pot was nearly filled to the brim with the debris before he set it in the middle of the room, behind a checkout counter to conceal some of the light. He then retrieved s stick of flint from his pocket and using his knife to coax sparks from it, began to build a small fire.

Elessa Strider

Once Keith was inside the apartment, she shut the door and locked it up. She sighed softly and placed her things on a tattered sofa. It wasn't warm in here but it wasn't cold either. She took off the jacket, glancing at him when he said he'd leave by morning. "Do what you want, but you're not getting your jacket back.." She mumbled, stuck her tongue out at him, and placed the jacket on her bag. She sat down beside her stuff, taking out her gun, she started to clean it. Max trotted around, walking over to the miserable Keith and licking his face with his slobbering tongue before walking off to his master. The pup lie down next to the sofa, watching the two humans with sleepy eyes. Elessa put her gun away and rummaged through her bag, pulling out chips and a candy bar. She munched on them, staring at Keith with a bored expression. She threw a chip at him to see what he would do. She wished she was in Florida already, where a beach house her family owned would be waiting for her nice and clean. The place was fenced in, the fence is electric, and had a generator incase power was out. She got up and rummaged through cabinets, finding a small bag of open dog food. She pulled out 2 bowls and set them down in front of Max, filling one with dog food, and the other with water from a bottle in her bag. She never drank water so she left it for him. The pup ate and drank happily before resting his eyes. Elessa walked over to the bedroom to see what goodies lie there. She found a blanket and pillow in a small closet within the room and went over to Keith, tossing him the crap before plopping onto the sofa. She got out her book and started writing...
Entry #1066
Today, Max and I met 2 people. One was a boy who's name is Keith. We just don't click, well its not that its just my people skills I guess. Hearing that he's leaving by tomorrow kinda sucks but what can a person do. I think max will miss him most, but mainly his 3 wolves, Max hasn't interacted with an animal in a while.. Then I met this bitch, gosh what a complete loser she was. She seems like one of those princess type chicks who are pathetic, weak and pointless. She tried acting like tough shit with her wolf (honestly what's up with these wolves?) and well that didn't scare me off at all. People underestimate my dog sometimes, he may be a pup but he ain't weak by all means.. SO.. I guess its just me and max from now on. We are headed to florida at the vacation house. I know no one had even gotten in or to it so thats a safe place for us. I wish I had Keith tagging along the way, could've made at least one friend besides Max but things don't seem to work out with people and me. All well, less mouths to feed I guess..
-End-

Reactions: alias013
Yuki Storm
_2581x3645.jpg
Yuki sighed and and just watched them standing not saying a word. She knew people she meet before this all happen thought she was a princess type girl when she wasn't. Yuki never been the girl to be that girl to anyone she never eve had friends so she just didn't know what to say or how to act she keep to her self. " Come here Shadow.." she called to shadow as she sat a little away from the people. Shadow crowed into her lap and watched them to with protective eyes. " I'm Yuki and this wolf right here is Shadow..." she said quietly to the others.

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
Hope closed the door and tried to flash Yuki a smile. She still wasn't quite sure about this deal, but the girl did seem okay enough. At the very least, she wasn't going mad at the very sight of survivors and trying desperately to defend herself from a threat that just did not exist. She'd seen that happen in her time dealing with the catastrophic events so far, and it wasn't pleasant. She was only somewhat wary of the dog, since she wasn't entirely sure what the infection did to animals. "Nice to meet you. Been traveling long?"

39.jpg

Alex gave the girl an uneasy smile as continued to stoke the flames until he felt sure he had a reliable fire started. Hope had already begun to strike up a conversation so he took it upon himself to scavange up some food. His emerald eyes took in the room, finally with a source of light that would aid his search. There were four or five rows, but only the last row seemed to have anything of use. A can of chicken noodle soup, a can with no label, and a can of vegetable soup. "great..." He headed back to the group, handed the can of chicken noodle to Hope, the vegetable soup over to yuki and began working on opening his own unmarked can. The small can opener he had was a little warped, but it still did an alright job of tearing open the can to reveal.... Well, he wasn't really sure of what it was... But it had noodles and vegetables... And beef?
He tried not to worry about what he was eating and just sat down with a content look on his face.... It would be better than starving.

Last edited by a moderator:
keith-jpg.23143
Keith wanted to curse at himself. He made himself want to leave the girl's company when really he didn't want to listen to her bitching about him. What a pussy he is coming out to be. He sees one beautiful girl and starts to act like a small child.​
Alright. Thanks for the blanket. I have 2 more jackets in here but if you wanna go somewhere warm, you won't need it.
He shook his head and laid his head against the wall right after, closing his eyes, but not intending to go to sleep. He looked out the window from where he was sitting, wishing that the world was only consumed by humans again. Zombies were his worst enemy now.
I am going somewhere warm as well. I guess I'll take a detour.
He shrugged trying to plan this all out in his head. He thought about possible alley ways but nothing seemed to be safe enough for him to travel alone. Alley ways probably had many zombies but he had to take the risk. He did have 3 big bad wolves. Maybe he could just tag along with her without showing signs of following her completely. She obviously had an idea of where she was going to he thought to himself is he could follow her path and detour when they actually hit somewhere.

anime-boy-gun-Favim.com-463608.jpg

Lyave
Hiding in between walls, and rubble of an old shopping mart Lyavne slightly shiver from the cold winter breeze that would slipped in whenever it had the chance. His eyes were closed as he ran thought through his mind; he hugged himself trying to keep himself warm, holding his gun in his hand tightly. He was ready for anything that would try and get in here, it was big enough for another to try and squeeze their body in here. From afar he would small grunts now and then…A shiver down his spine…fuck…he hated winter. It was too quiet with or without people. 'Hm?' The young male looked up when he heard a noise nearby tightening his pistol and crawled over to the opening and looked out carefully.

The noise stopped for a while, maybe he was just going crazy as he was going to sit back down and continue resting he felt and strong grab on his sweater that made him fall forward and out of the hole of the building. He looked up and seen empty, dead, glass like eyes locked on him which was quite disgusting to look at the rest of the face of his attacker. As it made a groan to attack him again he pulled his arm up to the face and hit the zombie on the side of its face making it stagger just a bit. Quickly he slid up and on his feet once more before the dead attacked him again this time pinning him to the wall, making the bin fall with his foot as he tried to keep it from being too close to him. When he had the chance he pointed the gun under the jaw and pulled the trigger giving out a bang. The body fell to the floor with its last breathe and grunt hitting the ground pretty hard. Smoke poured out the pistol as he looked and breathing calming his nerves.

Lyvan curse under his breathe when he heard some footsteps coming this way. Locals…He looked around thinking where to run to and sped off when he found a route that was away from the others. Hoping he wouldn't bumping to any as he did.

Elessa Strider

"I'll still need it if I'm going to be traveling throughout states that has Winter written all over it.." She mumbled, finishing up her entry for tonight. She slipped the book in her bag and curled up in a ball for warmth. Her eyes became heavy until they shut completely and she was out like a light. She had been sleeping for only a few hours, about 3, before hearing a gunshot nearby. Jolting up, half asleep, she stumbled off of the tattered sofa, murmuring to herself. "The hell wa.. that.." She yawned and rubbed her eyes, walking over to the window. Looking out, Elessa saw a lot of walkers running, and one person leading the way. She facepalmed, the wolves were out there and they would surely make noise. She couldn't watch someone run for their life, not this one anyway, he was kinda cute. She slipped on her shoes in a hurry, shaking Keith to wake up before running out the door, grabbing her shit, with Max following.
"Shit shit shit shit shit.. This is so stupid.." She cussed as she ran down the flight of stairs, Max at her heels. She opened the door and whistled for the wolves to come in hoping they would. "Look I know you guys don't like me but we gotta go!" She ran out into the street, waving her arms trying to get the males attention. "IF YOU WANT TO LIVE GET YOUR ASS IN HERE NOW!!!" She screamed seeing as though there was no point in whispering, he had a whole horde after him anyway. She went up the steps, waiting for him to come in...

39.jpg

Alex had barely gotten through half the can before he heard another gunshot. He set the food aside, green eyes hues locked on the window as he moved to put out the fire. A moment later he was at the door, back against the wall. "who the hell keeps shooting?" He spat out. Opening the door just a crack and peering outside.
'don't they know it only attracts more? I'll be back" He didn't wait to see if the two girls were about to follow him. He turned to check the area out, only spotting one walker which was headed for the gunshot as well. Alex crouched down and advanced in the oblivious walker. Quietly drawing his knife and sneaking up on the walker, sliding the knife up through a small gap at the base of the neck and into the skull. Dropping the creature and contuing on, opting to take the alley since it offered roof access and was devoid of the undead. He could hear loud groans approaching... And screaming.
Alex ran to the end of the alley, taking cover behind a dumpster as a the girl who had been shouting came into view, and a rather large horde chasing after someone. For now, all Alex could do is remain hidden, watching to see what would happen next.

Lyave
To good to be true looking ahead there was some coming down his direction as well...this is way he hatted guns 60% of the time they made to much noise, but it was his only option at that point to shot since a blow to the head half of the time doesn't work. One noise can make these things scatter like roaches. He had to think of something quick before he becomes zombie food, quickly he looked around with his eyes, and with a turn on his heel he grabbed a pole turning around toward a building. Yes idea that probably going to kill him if he doesn't get out before the ones in the building founds out as well. Lyave continued to run until he found a place lose them hopefully that make half of them confused or at least something while he take the rest somewhere.

Soon he was back outside again knowing he could stay there long Lyave became lost in his thoughts thinking of what to do next. That when it hit him, his eyes glanced over from where he heard someone yelling. It sound like a female, and she was pretty near by from how loud she was. Hearing her he knew he couldn't make them go that way so he toke a different turn with grunts and stomps behind him. If only they can get tired out it would be a lot easier...but fucking sadly no it doesn't work like that. Threw a ally with rubble everywhere he ran through it and ravage through his pocket taking out a Swiss army knife and as he got a good space he cut a thin. Lyave bolted out, toke a turn quickly and went forward toward the girl since he was to far off. He knew that would only stop the front row, and not rest. Once he came in the building with the girl and shut door behind him.

Of course he was breathing pretty hard from all the running which was only natural but it was bad so it was easy for him to calm his nerves a bit as he slid down on the ground, gun in hand. His hood over his head as he looked up at the girl in front. ".....Thanks..." He spoke his voice smooth and cold with a hint of English accent.

He looked at the other who was there, and seen a couple of dogs, some of them was wolves.

Last edited:
Yuki Sorm
_2581x3645.jpg
Yuki looked at the girl named hoped and smiled glad she wasn't a bitch like the other one " Yea for about 2 years now with Shadow" she looked at the can the boy had given her she shrugged and sat it down next to her. " How long have you and the boy been together ? " she asked a bit quietly seeing him leave the building going to see what the gun shoots where she was about to tell shadow to go with him but she looked down to see her wolf was asleep in her lap. " Heh " she giggled as she petted him waiting for the boy to return.

Alex turned as the horde shuffled off after some he never even saw. He needed to hide. He ran back down the alley he had already cleared. Crouching low as he slinked past another ally and made his way back to the small convenience store. He quickly opened the door, stepped through with one last glance at the empty street outside . once he was inside he slid a shelf in fron t of the door before returning to the small pot and reigniting the fire.
"well, with those gunshots drawing the walkers away from us... We should have a pretty easy night."
Once the fire had been relit, he moved to a corner of the room, taking off his jacket and laying down some cardboard to lay on. He closed his eyes and tried to relax, passively listening to the conversation between the two girls. -early morning... We need to get out of here- he thought.

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
Hope held onto her can of food and set it in her bag for the time being, electing to conserve any food she could for a later time when it was really needed. She turned her attention to Yuki after passively filtering out the noise from outside, cracking a slight grin. "A half hour, maybe? Honestly, meeting him was a random stroke of luck."

Elessa Strider
"No problem.. You should seriously stick to hand to hand combat, that gun without a silencer causes chaos.." Elessa arched her brow before going up the steps. "I wouldn't sit there for too long, they will be coming back.." She whistled for her white German Shepherd to follow, expecting the two boys and wolves to follow as well if they valued their lives. Elessa had marched up 3 flights of stairs before reaching a door that lead to the roof of the apartment complex. She kicked it opened, for it had been iced shut and couldn't be open simply by the twist of a knob. Walking out into the chilling cold, she watched how the roofs aligned, some had more of a gap than others but one could jump across. Since they were in a small town, eventually this little roof hopping trip would end when there weren't anymore roofs to jump on. Elessa turned, facing both boys, she spoke in a serious tone, "Okay, newbie, you can stick with us or go solo, I'm headed to Florida where a nice well kept vacation house is awaiting my arrival." She got to the point, she was done working alone. Elessa had a better advantage if she had a group than just herself and Max. "Keith, here's your little detour, now I'll set it straight no more games, piss off now, or stick with me till the end." She crossed her arms, waiting for the two to make their choices. She'd go alone or she'd have one of them if not both. "Clock is ticking, our friends are already on their way up here..." She tapped her foot, waiting, already hearing walkers trampling over one another struggling to get to their food...

Lyave

"Well if I had one it would be on there, don't you think." He sigh before commenting about the hand to hand combat. "I would, but I don't want to chance it." Which was pretty true, yea he was good at it but fighting living people is different with fighting the undead the teen put his gun his pocket as he stood up, "Don't plan to." Going up the stairs behind the girl and others he would glance back a little as he heard the undead coming near but they didn't really make a ruckus until afterwords when they got into the room. It was colder then the bottom floor it seemed looking he knew why the window was open.So far from the looks of it they was going to have to go through that window to get out here.

Lyave gave it a thought when the girl spoke to them. Newbie? Usually he would strongly dislike being called that but at the moment he just left it be not really caring at the moment. Should he stick around?...Though it sound more likely he won't right now. He closed his eyes while he quickly thought this through and just got over it from before. "Fine, I'll stick around a bit." He spoke his answer now they had to wait for the other. Walking over to the open window he glanced at the undead forcing they way inside they didn't have much time.

39.jpg

Alex was slowly starting to drift off when he heard Hope talking about him. - luck? Meeting me?- he thought. -unlikely... Not getting eaten when I ran outside was luck... If anything I'll just end up being someone else for her to lose.- he was mentally cursing himself as he lay there. He wanted to vocalize his retort, but knew speaking of such a thing wouldn't help anyone.
He curled his fingers around the hilt of his knife, which he currently held under the rolled up jacket he had squished together to make a pillow. His eyes opening to stare at the light flickering across the wall from the makeshift campfire as he began to drift off once again.

keith-jpg.23143
Keith nodded, he really wanted to stay. Maybe making some friends would be helpful to himself. He bit his lip, his wolves would be okay on their own from now on. He couldn't keep them forever and now was his chance to let them go.​
I'm sticking around, I guess.
He nodded reluctantly and stood up removing his swords in case a zombie had decided to make a visit to him and Elessa. This guy would make a nice player to their team. If they wanted to call it that of course. Keith, quickly leaned against the wall and looked to Elessa. She seemed to have all the plans here, now she needed to get them out of here. Keith knew a plan but it wouldn't be smart to argue with her.​

Yuki Storm
_2581x3645.jpg
Yuki yawned and laid down cuddled up with her wolf " That's cool I think i'ma go to sleep pretty tried " she said and closed her eyes listening to her surrounding drifting off to sleep. She began to have flash backs of her old life . She could see her family being happy and she smiled as she slept liking when she had dreams about them it was the only thing other than shadow who keep her sane. Maybe if they wanted her she would stay with Hope and Alex..Yea only if they would have her.

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
Hope crossed her arms and kept her ears and eyes open. If everyone else was going to rest, then she would keep herself aware just in case something went down. She'd never be able to forgive herself if she went to sleep too, only to wake up to the screams of other people being devoured alive. The girl kept herself awake in a primitive manner, pinching herself roughly on the arm every so often to maintain a sense of discomfort.

RIP Elessa Strider
"Okay than.." Elessa hurried the two to jump off the roof onto the other roof. Right then as she was about to jump, the door slammed open and a horde came running after her. She started running so she could get a good jump to land on the next roof, but just as she was about to jump, her foot slipped on the edge on some ice, causing her to fall to her death. Elessa saw her life flash in the blink of an eye before her, and her companion max, landing with a thud onto the hard cold concrete ground. They were trapped in an alley, with walkers falling right on top of them. Elessa could barely move seeing as though that drop had nearly killed her and Max lay beside her whimpering. If she were to die today, than so be it human not monster. With the last strength in her body, she took her gun from her leg and put it up to Max's head, popping a bullet into the pups skull. Now her turn, she could feel her flesh already tearing off by monstrosities. She glanced up at the boys and smiled before raising the gun to her own head. Slow pulling back the trigger, she committed suicide just like that. Her hand fell beside her while the walkers fed upon her dead body. Elessa still had her brown eyes open, and that smile on her face...

• Love
Reactions: Muno