Am I the Last Person Alive?

keith-jpg.23143
Keith looked over to Elessa, grinning. He started walking through their original direction.​
I've been done. I'm hoping to go anywhere but here. Lets go somewhere quiet.
He dreamed it up in his mind, smiling at his own thought but quickly letting the smile fade, for this now seemed to be a serious group. He glanced back at the girl shaking his head, what a loser. He laughed in his mind and followed Elessa and her dog carefully letting his wolves know where to go so they could spot for any walkers. They wagged their tails, the coast was clear and he was ready to start going somewhere.
I'm done talking now.

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
Flashes of the sacrifice her father made flashed through Hope's head as she watched Alex grab the walkers' attention. She recalled the very distinct sounds of his screams, the terrible sound of his flesh being torn, his bones being broken. She fooled herself into thinking she didn't care up until then, but all she could think was that she'd have to watch someone else die like that. Maybe she was overreacting, but she couldn't handle the thought of it happening again.
Hope decided to help out despite her better judgement, rushing the walker furthest away from Alex and slamming her kukri down onto its head. The force she applied drove the blade through with a little effort, dropping the disgusting undead like a sack of rocks. She turned her attention to the others, not quite thinking straight.

39.jpg

Alex got an unsettling smile on his face as Hope began her attack. Obviously he couldn't tell what was on her mind, but she was proving his instincts correct. He could, in fact, rely on this girl. As hope finished dispatching one of the zombies, Alex swung the now bent bar against the next walker in line. The creatures skull cracked open with nauseating crunch, but the bar nearly bent in half from the impact.
The walker Hope was now focused on had closed distance on Alex in the meantime. He took a swing at it, grunting lightly as he exerted a massive force. Unfortunately the bar took the brunt of the force and snapped over the undead woman's neck. He quickly turned and planted a solid kick to the creatures bloody and grotesquely mauled ribs, knocking her to the ground as he stepped back and inspected the broken bar.

"Useless... "
He spat, tossing the bar to the ground as the creature began squirming on the ground, still trying to reach her meal.

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
"Step the fuck off, goddamn animals!"
Was it badly thought through? Of course. Was it likely to get Hope killed? Certainly. Her body, however, continued to function on autopilot. Hope went into her backpack and tossed one of her extra knives to Alex's side in case she went down, tossing the sack aside and rushing over to mount the walker he downed. She began bringing her own knife down over its head over and over again, not letting up for even a moment. She continued to pound the undead's head into a bloody mess all over the pavement, her eyes wide and her breath ragged.
She stood up slowly once the thing stopped moving, her hand tightly gripping the messy blade.

39.jpg

Alex's eyes widened as she straddled the creature and began repetitively stabbing its head, nearly turning it into a chunked paste. As she stopped and began panting Alex stepped cautiously closer to her, picking up the spare knife she had thrown to him. He still had his sheathed on his hip, but assumed she wasn't really thinking clearly when she had thrown it to him. But that didn't change that she had, yet again, proven that she could be trusted.
"Hope..." He whispered her name softly as he placed a hand gingerly on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" He remained motionless, surveying the now empty garage, hand still softly resting on her. He was patiently waiting to make sure she was okay before even thinking of stepping away.

Elessa Strider
"Alright.." The two continued on the main road, it was the fastest way of getting to the next destination. Elessa was rubbing Max's ears while they walked, trying to keep herself occupied. She looked over at Keith, deciding to ask him what she wanted to know. "I've told you my plans, but what are yours?" She rose her eyebrow giving him a questioning look. Before he could even answer, there were a few walkers, about 4, up ahead. They were blocking their way and had to be dealt with. "Hold that thought.." She whispered before crouched behind a car. "Ill take two, you take two, sound fair? Good.." She sent max in to take one down. The dog tackled the walker down, brutally tearing its throat out. While Max worked on one, Elessa sprung up from the car and dashed toward the other walker. She raised her leg so her foot would meet its face, which it perfectly did. The walker stumbled before regaining its balance and swinging its arms. Elessa dodged the weak attack before kneeing the dead being in the stomach, and slitting its neck with her swiss army knife. She kicked the head off to make sure it was no longer moving, and watched Keith deal with his two dead bodies..

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
Hope held her head in her free hand and took a few deep breaths, calming herself a bit before she spoke. "I'm fine. I messed up there, sorry. I was supposed to be hurrying on, wasn't I?" she sighed. This was terrible, the first person she'd met since the earlier disaster and already she'd fouled things up. She was sure she looked like a lunatic in his eyes now, and why wouldn't she? Looking herself over, she had even more blood on her clothing than when she arrived.

39.jpg

"No... You did great!" He said calmly. Extending a hand to help her back up. " I really wouldn't have wanted to do that alone." AS he waited for her to take his hand he couldn't help but look her over. He had no doubt that he could rely on her, but he was suddenly afraid she couldn't rely on him. She had gotten pretty up close and personal with that walker. What if she had been scratched? He shook his head lightly, his green eyes locking on hers. " Just please be careful about getting that close to them... I'm just now meeting you... Last thing I want is to watch you die."

keith-jpg.23143
Keith nodded at her but then zombies had come across their path. He sighed and brought out his swords commanding his wolves to sit silently while he killed the undead lurkers in their way. He walked behind one and sliced his head off with his swords, looking at it only quickly and then moving to the next one who had nearly seen him. Keith knocked it down and stabbed it's face, satisfied with his kills. He walked back to Elessa and waited for her signal to keep moving or look around.​
I um. I was going to find my family, but I only expected the worst so I decided to wander. No certain place to go but somewhere warm!
He nodded, seeming all of the sudden lost in his own dreams but really he was just thinking heavily about his life and what he was going to do from now on. This girl had a well formulated and plan and he had a shit plan used for dumb little kid operations to spy on their parents. He felt rather little compared to her because she had seemed so stubborn and mature in a nature of socializing that he wanted to back out of her way and run. He could try to be sweet but it wouldn't guarantee, her being nice back. He was lost in his thoughts and emotions by this point.

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
"You're one strange guy..." Hope let out a dry, sardonic chuckle as she took Alex's hand to support her trembling frame. "Worrying about me in a situation like this. Keep yourself safe, that should be all that matters." she continued, starting to fully cool down.

39.jpg

Alex let out a small chuckle as he helped Hope up, trying not to focus on the unfamiliar warmth of her hand on his. "well..." He started to speak but a strange look crossed his face, perhaps even a slight tinge of red appearing beneath his cheeks. "I think we should move... It'll be night soon, we'll worry about getting out of the city tomorrow. "
He stood and moved over to the exit of the garage, motioning towards what looked to be an old convenience store. His hair blowing in the wind as his eyes trailed off to the slowly setting sun. Temperatures would be dropping soon, and fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elessa Strider
"Expecting the worst huh? How negative is that.." She gave him a look that had disapproval written on her face all over. She shrugged, not caring anyway. "Not like I give a damn, my parents are alive unfortunately.. Probably running a secret base somewhere.. To try and stop this disease or what ever caused the world to end like this.. then again I could be wrong and they failed epically.." She rolled her eyes chuckling, only her parents would still try to be the heros, pathetic. She wish them dead, she might even be wrong they could have died like a year ago but who knows. She never snooped around her fathers work, never interested her. "So you assume your family's dead, I'm guessing mine are still trying to help humanity or whatever's left of it or they died trying.. Great conclusions.. And great plan by the way.." She sarcastically remarked the last part. Compared to her, he seemed more of a child than herself. She didn't really worry about him but pitied him in a way, he needed her real bad. She snickered thinking to herself, smirking, this could benefit her on so many levels..

Yuki Storm
_2581x3645.jpg
Yuki sighed as she walked the moon replacing the placing the sun and its warmth.
Shadow seemed to still be sad and keep looking back even though they where far away from the two people they had just meet and she sighed the first humans she meet in years and they where total jerks to her. Yuki got cold and hungry and picked up Shadow into her arms trying to get a little warmth from his fur against her skin. As They walked down the lone streets she hummed a soft song low enough for herself can hear.
Yuki soon approached a old convenience store and looked around before she walked into to the building not noticing the male and female also heading their. She entered seeing no signs of walkers she smiled and made her way around it hoping to find food.

keith-jpg.23143
He had rolled his eyes, not giving one shit about her life or anything about her family but he wanted to stick with her. He wanted a human team.​
What a lovely family.
He said with obvious sarcasm that he had realized it came off a bit rude. He then started to not care. He got the sense that she didn't care for him nor like him one bit. She wasn't going to try to like him either, he expected.
What should be my plan? I mean, live and breath.
He shrugged looking at the road ahead although it seemed to be very dark outside. He didn't like the night time because his wolves would always attempt to howl which ended in a scolding for them. It pissed him off to have to be so soft hearted towards them. Why was he like that?!

Elessa Strider
"Yes, such a wonderful fucking family alright.." She hissed, and shook her head. She looked over at Max who had been wagging his tail the whole time. she shook her head smiling at him. "How can you be so carefree.." He nuzzled her hand as she began to stroke his ears. "Honestly I don't give two shits, you could die for all I care.." She gave him a cold stare yet smiling in the process before looking ahead into darkness. She realised they had been walking side by side despite their petty conversations. "Might wanna change that.." She thought to herself distancing herself from him about 5 feet away. "Better.." She thought before yawning softly. She was tired and wanted to sleep. It had been snowing, but just little flakes not a blizzard thank god for that.
Heading toward an apartment complex, she told Max to scout the area inside to see if there were any walkers inside. A few minutes later he came out softly whining. "Lead.." She spoke and he lead to where they were. There were 3 wandering around aimlessly on the first floor. She crouched behind a couch, and took out her pistol, putting a silencer on it. "One... Two.. Three.." She shot them down one by one before getting up and examining the area. She found a metal pipe lying on the ground, "This will be handy.." She attached it to her bag before going up to the next floor. This floor seemed to be clear so she headed up to the third floor which was the highest the complex went. Elessa examined one of the rooms, careful to be quiet and stealth while she did so. "Clear.." She waited for Keith to get his ass in here, if he even followed her, so she could lock up the door for their short stay here..

keith-jpg.23143
Keith shrugged it off. He shooed his wolves off so they wouldn't come inside. They would probably wait happily outside under some shelter.​
I'm glad that your ever so sweet.
He shook his head as he got inside the apartment and sat down wherever he could. He was really tired but he ignored it because this girl was such a bitch, he had to stand guard in case she wanted to kill him. Her attitude only made him even more pissed at her and he decided not to say anything in return to her rude comments. How the fuck was she so rude? Was she born in a animal fighting ring or something!? He opened his backpack, eating some quick food and throwing it off to the side.
Since you do not want my company, I should be gone by morning tomorrow.
He looked out the window, hesitantly, only hoping that, she would accept him. Obviously she was too cold to do that, he still wouldn't take his sweater back though. He felt like he was traveling with his fucking ex-girlfriend. A bitch who always felt like she held a grudge.

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
Hope had to wonder about that odd expression she witnessed on Alex's face for that fleeting moment, but she decided to let it pass without saying anything more on it. She walked to the exit and peered out, scanning for walkers. Her eyes drifted along until she noticed the store Alex was gesturing toward, a confident smile crossing her face. "Lucky us... looks like the way's clear. Wonder where the uglies got off to."

39.jpg

Alex was halfway across the street, heading for the convenience store before he noticed movement about twenty yards away. He quickly crouched next to a large blue mailbox, which surprisingly only had a few patches of rust. He motioned for hope to join him in hiding. "may have spoken too soon." He said, flashing her a small grin. But just then he noticed this figure wasn't walking like one of those monsters. Steady pace, single direction, no shambling. Then to his surprise, he realized it was another survivor. as he stood and tried to wave to the girl, she stepped into the very store he'd been heading into.
He looked to hope, surely revealing a look of surprise as he slowly made his way to the door and pushed it open. He placed his back against the wall and called out in a hushed voice, hopefully loud enough for this stranger to hear him. "two survivors coming in!! he unsheathed his knife but kept it in visibly defensive position as he stepped through the door, his white ponietail draped over his shoulder as he waited for his eyes to adjust to the dark room.

Yuki Storm
_2581x3645.jpg
Yuki stopped where she was and let shadow down the small black wolf running off and the direction the voice came from and stopped and looked at the boy who had came inside he growled enough for Yuki to her him. Soon she came and stopped behind her wolf and looked at him " Hello." she said with a soft voice not wanting to run him off like he did with the others she looked behind him and seen he also had a girl with him like the other one did and she keep her excitement inside just in case just like the other one she will be a total bitch to her.
Yuki called Shadow to her but he keep his icy blue eyes on the strangers." Sit boy " she said in a strong but soft tone to her wolf.

'Hope'
wptFZGv.png
"Got my doubts about this..." Hope muttered. While it wasn't too unlikely for there to be another person around, she felt a bit iffy about the ones that tried hard to go it alone. Like they had something to hide; a bite, or some signs of infection. It'd be a real pain in the ass to survive such a close encounter only to get put down over something that seemed innocent at first. Still, she was willing to give things the benefit of the doubt until something seemed wrong.... though, she did resolve to herself to deal with the problem immediately if one arose.

Reactions: alias013