4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
FONT 1FONT 2FONT 3
Altered mAtter_

   uprising - uppermost

They tune in to their television sets, day and night, to watch them. They gather in the streets, braving every cold and hot day, to catch even just a single glimpse. For the people of Oceania, the soldiers aren't simply soldiers. They are gods. And like gods, they possess special powers.

For as long as anyone could remember, Oceania and Eurasia had been at war. It was an endless power struggle that came at a great cost. Many lives were lost. Many resources, depleted. But overtime, war became a source of entertainment. A brutal showdown to watch in the comfort of one's home, as millions of other lives were sacrificed in the battlefield. Entertainment was hard to come by these days. Life had become bleak under a dictatorship.

With war came great advancements in technology. Oceania's soldiers were each equipped with their own unique weapons, some of which might even cater to their personality and style. For the soldiers were also celebrities, and they had to look the part.

But Eurasia hadn't been idle, either. For years, it had been exploring the furthest reaches of the universe, in search of a technology far more superior than what could be reaped on Earth.

They found what they were looking for.

They called it "dark matter", a substance so mysterious it could not have any other name. It was but an ever-curling wisp of purple smoke; and yet, it held great powers. Powers that would soon become the world's undoing.

Dark Matter and Man merged together to form the strongest superheroes the world had ever seen. Yet, Oceania persevered. It recruited more soldiers, waged more wars. Until finally, Eurasia, unable to keep up, was defeated. At least for the time being. Oceania was all fireworks and celebration that day, for it had gained brand new territory as prize. And now, they had Eurasia's soldiers too, or at least what was left of them.

Eurasia's former soldiers were now slave warriors in enemy land; they had been brainwashed, experimented with, then brainwashed some more. But the public despised them still. Why should these foreign folk live in Oceania's country, and wield Oceania's banner in war? Dissent grew among Oceania's original soldiers also, but under such a strict dictatorship, they had no choice. For the moment, they must join hands and work together.

After all, Eurasia had not yet been defeated. As the years droned on, it schemed and steadily grew back into power.

Its newest monsters lay in wait.

NOTE FROM THE GM

There are two main character types to choose from: Eurasia's ex-soldiers, or Oceania's. Oceania's soldiers use weapons. Go wild with the technology, as long as it makes sense. It has to have a logical underpinning to it. Eurasia's soldiers, on the other hand, are essentially men whose DNAs have been altered with "Dark Matter". Their powers are mostly going to be paranormal in nature. I won't allow things like mind-reading, though, because this is going to be an action-packed battle-heavy role-play. Mind-reading is both a little too OP and unnecessary, imo. Ask away if you have any questions regarding this or the lore.

Also, I'm probably going to employ a dice system. Probably. Probably not. TBA. Update: No more dice system.

Desired number of players: 8-10
Posting speed: Semi-weekly/flexible
Posting expectations: Give 0 fucks tbh
Face-claims: Art only (No anime please. Semi-realistic is more what I'm aiming for.)

If you're interested, drop a reply below!
Revealed content
And click on the spinning triangle above. There's a surprise waiting for you. :D

Last edited:
How dare, how dare you, with that surprise.

11/10.

This is really intriguing. Not sure I’m up for a dice system tho.

• Haha
Reactions: Ardent
How dare, how dare you, with that surprise.

11/10.

This is really intriguing. Not sure I’m up for a dice system tho.

Got 'eeem

And not sure if I'm up for it either. Hue. I'm too lazy to come up with one.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Thunder
Are you intending any PvP, or will it all be PvE against the newly recovering Eurasia? Because a really basic, which-die-roll-is-highest system for PvP would be good to help ensure people aren’t power modding. Otherwise, I might suggest scrapping the dice altogether.

Are you intending any PvP, or will it all be PvE against the newly recovering Eurasia? Because a really basic, which-die-roll-is-highest system for PvP would be good to help ensure people aren’t power modding. Otherwise, I might suggest scrapping the dice altogether.

PvE at first, though it can very well turn into a PvP as the role-play moves forward.

I'll think on the dice thing some more. Will announce once I've decided.👌

Awesome. Meanwhile, what kind of expectations are you expecting from writers? Posting speed, length, detail, etc. I want to be upfront: I’ll be doing really good to post weekly, given a busy job and two toddlers.

Awesome. Meanwhile, what kind of expectations are you expecting from writers? Posting speed, length, detail, etc. I want to be upfront: I’ll be doing really good to post weekly, given a busy job and two toddlers.

I don't really care too much about length or detail as long as you give other players enough material to work with and don't break any basic role-playing rules. As for the posting speed, semiweekly, as stated above. So approx. every 1 and 1/2 weeks.

I added 'flexible' because I normally let people go on hiatuses if they need it (and if they inform me beforehand). Though I also have a limit on that.

As for the posting speed, semiweekly, as stated above. So approx. every 1 and 1/2 weeks.
... i totally missed that. My apologies.

Sounds bueno. Thanks much.

BEST. SURPRISE. EVER.

That’s like my favorite karaoke song! I know all the lyrics from having listened to it so much. 😂

• Haha
WELL I'LL BE, COLOR ME INTERESTED!

• According to Plan
Seems cool I'm totally gonna roll in.
Haha...I'll see myself out for that one now.

• Haha
Reactions: Esmeray and Ardent
Well, we have lost enough people that I feel the need to reopen sign ups again! We need more Eurasians!

Yes, more Eurasians please. I need back-up :bouncy:

Just curious, are you guys still seeking? I'm interested.
Hullo. Apologies for the late response, I was on a week-long hiatus.

Yes, we're still seeking new players! Here's the OOC thread if you're still interested.

I'll take a Eurasian if you're still accepting them.

Oh, I'm definitely interested! Set some time after 1984 I'm assuming?

Also, I hate you for that. UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

• Haha
Oh, I'm definitely interested! Set some time after 1984 I'm assuming?

Also, I hate you for that. UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

Apologies for the delay in response.

It's inspired by George Orwell's 1984, but isn't set in the same universe. You can assume that this is set in the future. :)

Oh, neat! It seems to be full of people already though so I'm not sure if it's still looking for players ;w;

Status
Not open for further replies.