o_o. ... Tell me more?
Well, thinking back on it, I suppose most of those were only dream sequences or the like. But I still think it's kind of fucked up that they showed these things at all, dream sequences or not...

There was one where Ringo dreamt he was the captain of a ship and that John, Paul, and George were his crew members. But then the three of them committed mutiny (I don't even remember why. I don't think they had a reason. I think everything in this series just exists to make Ringo unhappy, even in his fantasies) and so they chained him up in the bottom hull of the ship and opened one of the portholes so that water started gushing in -- and they walked away with cheeky grins on their faces as they left him there to drown, ignoring Ringo's cries for help as he pleaded to be set free. ...I wish I was making this up.

There's also an episode in which a ghost possesses Ringo's body, which meant that Ringo's soul got kicked out of his own body and effectively made him a ghost -- and then the other Beatles realize that Ringo's a ghost and they just don't seem to care?? At all???? I mean it's not like Ringo becomes invisible to them or anything. Like, he's all stark white and translucent like you'd expect a cartoon ghost to be, but other than that they can see him just fine, and they just... give zero fucks about his predicament.

Another dream sequence episode: Ringo dreams about being royalty. ...During the French Revolution. It doesn't go well for him.

There's also an episode where Ringo is somehow forced into participating in a rodeo and riding a bull. ...Aaaand another episode where they take it a step further and put him in a straight-up bullfight.

And there's one where Ringo believes that he's jinxed and that it's his fault that it's rained the past four weekends in a row. And then, for some reason, other people around him also start to believe it? And then everyone readies their torches and pitchforks at Ringo for causing the rain (I wish I meant that metaphorically) -- and there was one person in that crowd scene who had a gun. O_o

So really I guess there aren't a ton of examples of the other boys trying to harm Ringo specifically -- at least none where the plot revolves around it -- but it does generally seem like the whole universe is out to get him...

Also!! There is one episode in particular that's really the perfect showcase of how fucked up the show can be sometimes:

Basically, the Beatles are asked about how they all met, and all four of them come up with wildly different stories as to how it all happened (and each with their own flashback scene to accompany it). That seems like a fairly tame premise, but, their stories become increasingly bizarre as they go on...

First they show Ringo's story. Ringo claims that he used to be a prestigious Shakespearian actor and that the other three boys were his adoring fans, and that they all met when J/P/G all snuck backstage to get Ringo's autograph or something. This is the only flashback scene in the episode that isn't batshit insane. And it also highlights the fact that all Ringo really wants is the respect of his band-members -- something that he can only ever receive in his fantasies... Or maybe I'm over-analyzing it.

Then there's George's flashback. In which George is some sort of James Bond-esque action hero, and the other boys are essentially damsels in distress that George has to rescue. There's not much else to say about this one. It's weird, but the last two really go above and beyond...

In John's flashback, he's a WWII fighter pilot (...kay). Paul, George, and Ringo are all German soldiers that John captures as prisoners of war. .....I suppose I should just be glad he didn't kill them, at the very least.

Speaking of which: In Paul's flashback, Paul is some sort of... scientist... I guess... and he needs test subjects that he can inject with some sort of serum he's created. But instead of using, I dunno, lab rats, or something -- Paul decides he needs human test subjects, so he calls up the local prison and asks them to send him a few "lifers". ...Who then turn out to be John, George, and Ringo. And then Paul injects them with the serum and they all die. ...It doesn't make any sense in the context of what the flashback was supposed to be about, but it's a thing that happened on screen.

Drugs probably.

Sorry guys x.x I can't post tonight, health took a downturn and I feel like someone's stomping on me ;w;

That's a bummer. I hope you feel better.

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
Drugs probably.
I blame the real Beatles' strange creative efforts on drugs.

But the shitty cartoon that they had almost no involvement in? I have no idea what happened there. I think it actually would've turned out better if the creators had taken drugs. Perhaps they would've better captured the spirit of some of their later songs. Instead, all I see from this cartoon is... sheer corporate laziness.

Also, when the real Beatles' were shown the character designs for their cartoon selves, John was so upset that he hid under a table. And I don't blame him. The character designs look like they just asked each Beatle what physical feature they're most insecure about, and then they emphasized that feature the most. John's head is huge and fat and makes all his facial features look tiny by comparison. George's jawline barely even looks human. Ringo's nose... oh, do I even have to say it?

Paul has the best-looking cartoon self by far, with nothing obvious to comment on like the other three. My theory is that Paul was also asked what he's most insecure about, but, instead of choosing a specific physical characteristic, he said that he doesn't like being known as "the cute Beatle" and that he's afraid he'll only be remembered for his looks rather than his talent.

So they made him into a pretty boy Ken doll character.

Hm, perhaps it's all a conspiracy to harm the Beatles in some way.

I finally posted! I'm terribly sorry for the delay, guys. *hides red face*

I finally posted! I'm terribly sorry for the delay, guys. *hides red face*
it's fine Sweetie :)

before I post Kaga, I was going to have Zito suggest trying a little healing on Darius, I know it's not on her CS so I wanted to ask you if that was cool first. She won't know anything spectacular but enough that she could heal something small (like fractured ear drums) but not like save someone from death

@Kagayours

• Love
it's fine Sweetie :)

before I post Kaga, I was going to have Zito suggest trying a little healing on Darius, I know it's not on her CS so I wanted to ask you if that was cool first. She won't know anything spectacular but enough that she could heal something small (like fractured ear drums) but not like save someone from death

@Kagayours
Uh yeah I guess that would be fine.

that doesn't sound super confident, I'd understand if you didn't want me to, since I didn't put it on her original CS
No really, it's fine. Healing is generally part of the package for earth magic-users. Zito might not be good at it, but they can at least try.

The only reason I sounded unconfident was because I'm all-over-the-fucking-place right now and didn't have time to give it a ton of thought. I'm pretty sure I only wound up in this thread at that moment because I got distracted when opening up my laptop to do something else, but I figured I should at least reply, because otherwise I would totally forget that your post existed in the first place.

No really, it's fine. Healing is generally part of the package for earth magic-users. Zito might not be good at it, but they can at least try.

The only reason I sounded unconfident was because I'm all-over-the-fucking-place right now and didn't have time to give it a ton of thought. I'm pretty sure I only wound up in this thread at that moment because I got distracted when opening up my laptop to do something else, but I figured I should at least reply, because otherwise I would totally forget that your post existed in the first place.
ah ok :)
yeah I was going to put in there that she doesn't have a whole lot of practice and she isn't sure how good she's going to be at it but figured it was worth a try
I'll post now then
Thanks Kaga!

Reactions: Kagayours
BEFORE I RETURN TO MY HOMEWORK

I JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL

THE BEST THING I'VE SEEN ALL WEEK:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-29%20at%2011.01.55%20PM.png

THANK YOU, GOODNIGHT.

• Bucket of Rainbows
How much knowledge of human anatomy does it take for a healer to heal something like a ruptured ear drum? Do they just point their magic and shoot or do they have to know what they're targeting?

How much knowledge of human anatomy does it take for a healer to heal something like a ruptured ear drum? Do they just point their magic and shoot or do they have to know what they're targeting?
that is a significant question
I suppose they would need to have at least a basic knowledge of anatomy of whatever they were healing, like what it's supposed to look like.
@Kagayours ?

that is a significant question
I suppose they would need to have at least a basic knowledge of anatomy of whatever they were healing, like what it's supposed to look like.
@Kagayours ?
Ehhh... I feel like knowledge of anatomy really isn't super necessary to heal minor flesh wounds, for example... but... I suppose it would be more difficult if you can't even visualize what you're supposed to be healing... hmm...

I'm on-the-fence on that one. :/

I guess one way it just shooting waves of healing energy, and the more tightly focused the "wave" is or the more oomph you put behind it can determine the severity or precision of the healing. She could just dump a bunch of healing energy at it for a few minutes and eventually heal it, which is what I imagine is what she'd be capable of as opposed to a surgeon who knows exactly what part of the body to target and can thus save time and energy. There's also the question of how does the magic heal the wound? Does it just speed up the body's natural healing processes? Or does it use the magic energy to fill in the gaps of rent flesh? Or perhaps healers have certain ways of detecting where the pain or disruptions in the bioorganism and are able to target it that way. Or maybe Zito knows what an eardrum is and point her magic at it and pull the trigger until it's healed.

Or it's just magic and she can heal Darius enough to get his hearing back but not his equilibrium. Yeah?

Update.

@Neobullseye @Zombie Turtle @Effort @Mahariel @Luma @Eruantien @PoetLore @Greenie @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

I guess one way it just shooting waves of healing energy, and the more tightly focused the "wave" is or the more oomph you put behind it can determine the severity or precision of the healing. She could just dump a bunch of healing energy at it for a few minutes and eventually heal it, which is what I imagine is what she'd be capable of as opposed to a surgeon who knows exactly what part of the body to target and can thus save time and energy. There's also the question of how does the magic heal the wound? Does it just speed up the body's natural healing processes? Or does it use the magic energy to fill in the gaps of rent flesh? Or perhaps healers have certain ways of detecting where the pain or disruptions in the bioorganism and are able to target it that way. Or maybe Zito knows what an eardrum is and point her magic at it and pull the trigger until it's healed.

Or it's just magic and she can heal Darius enough to get his hearing back but not his equilibrium. Yeah?
^^^^ Don't let me forget that this post exists. I still need to think through a reply...

Update.

@Neobullseye @Zombie Turtle @Effort @Mahariel @Luma @Eruantien @PoetLore @Greenie @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

^^^^ Don't let me forget that this post exists. I still need to think through a reply...
/me installs a chip in Kaga's brain to mace sure she can never forget about the above post.

• Useful