Hmm-mm.

But who's really going to miss having one of those savages around
I blame Ace for riling up the villagers against anything and everything Pyran.

Eh~

In IC news, I'll be waiting for a clay post till I post for Victarion.

I was actually looking forward to having a Pyran present for all of that. Oh well.

Ythania did mention that she didn't even want to play a Pyran, though, and that she only created a Pyran character because we didn't already have one... at which point I felt bad about her not playing a character she actually wanted, and told her she could totally play a Terran if she wanted to (which was her original character idea, but she scrapped it because we already had so many Terrans).

I don't think we heard from her much after that... Though I'm not surprised she left after making it clear that she really didn't have a ton of interest in her own character. :/ 'Tis a shame. She could've made for a nice addition to the RP if not for that misunderstanding...

I was actually looking forward to having a Pyran present for all of that. Oh well.
I do vote for making it a plot point of some kind though. Maybe someone could make a Pyran 'sub-PC' just so we can play out that scene, which in turn allows for both character growth and some plot dominoes (that is, this event causes something else to happen way down the road)?

EDIT: Also, yeah, I was referring to Clay and Tawny. I guess I glossed over their ages. Whoopsie XD.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
NPC Guard: "I'm standing guard here to protect the vault, but I feel my job is a bit unnecessary. After all, who would steal from the Almighty himself?"
Me: *whistles innocently as he walks in and loots all the shinies*

I love JRPGs. So much XD.

NPC Guard: "I'm standing guard here to protect the vault, but I feel my job is a bit unnecessary. After all, who would steal from the Almighty himself?"
Me: *whistles innocently as he walks in and loots all the shinies*

I love JRPGs. So much XD.
I'm pretty sure just seeing the word JRPG will reduce me to tears until Persona 5 comes out.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
Well I imagined it was some sort of rpg and since this is Iwaku I suppose the only possibility for the J would be Japanese? But is that all they are, rpgs from Japan?

Well I imagined it was some sort of rpg and since this is Iwaku I suppose the only possibility for the J would be Japanese? But is that all they are, rpgs from Japan?
Yesh

But then again, they do tend to have a particular style of them.

Yesh

But then again, they do tend to have a particular style of them.
Yeah. I've also seen the term "JRPG" used to describe games that are technically not from Japan but still follow the style of "authentic" JRPG's. Depends on how strict you want to be with your definition, I guess.

What are these JRPGs you speak of?
Think classic Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, that kind of stuff. The above bit comes from Dragon Quest 7, where you can indeed literally steal from God Himself.

*finally sits down to write a post*

*fire alarm goes off*

...No, you know what? I'm not going to waste my small window of focus standing the fuck around outside the building. *grabs laptop on the way out* I'LL POST OUTSIDE ON THE GRASS.

^ A brief summary of how my most recent post made it to you all.

I'm really glad I decided to try posting instead of taking a shower during this span of time. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to post outside -- instead I would be cold and wearing only a towel, and that wouldn't have been good.

The fire alarm gets pulled so often where I go that we play the game of "It's just some asshole or is this an actual fire"

In other news, *Taps finger on chin*. I'm planning on building a computer. Only problem?

I have no idea what I'm doing

The fire alarm gets pulled so often where I go that we play the game of "It's just some asshole or is this an actual fire"

In other news, *Taps finger on chin*. I'm planning on building a computer. Only problem?

And then the automatic fire alarm went off :P

It's really just a giant puzzle. Components are more or less simple enough to slot into place.

Or are you talking about what parts to buy? Could try looking at Tailor-designed builds. • /r/buildapcforme

Yeah, it's sort of a similar situation here -- except I tend to assume that any alarms that aren't real fires are instead the result of someone smoking in the dorms or doing some other thing that they aren't supposed to do because it makes the smoke detector go off. Which still falls under the category of "some asshole", but, you know, I'd like to believe people aren't pulling the alarm just for kicks. ...Unless it's one of those nights where the halls are filled to the brim with drunken party-goers. Then I guess that would be plausible.

In any case, the fire alarm has gone off so many times in the four and a half semesters that I've lived here -- that I have now trained myself to not immediately exit the building when the alarm goes off, because, depending on the weather, that will often leave me freezing to death in the cold -- especially if the alarm goes off at night and I'm only wearing PJ's. I'm now always certain to take a few seconds to make sure I'm wearing everything that I should in order to stay sufficiently warm outside. ...And I sometimes grab a water bottle, since I tend to get dehydrated really quickly. ....Aaaaand I like to open Pokemon Go on my phone and make sure the walking I'm about to do doesn't go to waste.

...Don't worry, this building is big enough that, even if it was a real fire, spending an extra 30 seconds inside really wouldn't put me in very much additional danger. :P

But yeah, it's always funny to hear the freshman complain about how many "fire drills" they're scheduling. Like, no, sweetie... there are only one or two drills per year. Everything else? Those are all legit -- at least in the sense that they're all actual cases of the alarm trigger getting pulled or the smoke detector catching something, regardless of whether or not there's any actual danger. So, don't blame the faculty -- it's your fellow students who are to blame. And this will certainly not be the last time that some pothead's stupidity is the reason you had to be woken up and marched out into the freezing cold at 4AM. :D