@Edward Ok so, Willows gave us a fancy div box which SHOULD look like this:

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%204.22.18%20PM.png

Is this what you're seeing? Or is it not displaying for you for some reason?

Refreshing the page causes the corners of the div box to alternate between rounded and pointed... #ThePlotThickens

Refreshing the page causes the corners of the div box to alternate between rounded and pointed... #ThePlotThickens
If you look closely, there areactually small internal round corners in the pointed ones. Apparently there's another border around the border, or so to speak?

Awww shiii, time to get all borderception up in y'all asses

[bg=#f2f1d0]
[fieldbox=", black, solid"]

tumblr_nymu28A9SI1skyru2o1_500.png

Name: Valtr Hale Alden II, Master of the League, High royal of Altera
Race: Human
Persuasion: Swords
Element: Air
Zodiac sign: Aries
Appearance: A dark blue silk cloth button up long sleeve jacket that symbolizes elegance and chief hood, Long dark blue silk cloth pants to match his jacket and black simple shoes to complete the base outfit. For accessories he wears white gloves as all rich royals do and and waist length black silk cape to top it off. He has blonde long hair with a blonde beard and one eye which is one of the reasons why he wears a ironic cheap large can on his head for a helm.
Weapons/other combat abilities: A simple nobles cane, however inside the cane is a long sword-like blade that can be quickly unsheathed from the handle. Because he was once master of the royal guards and due to his air abilities Valtr is quite fast on his feet and can usually dodge or counter most moves delivered to him directly, power means nothing to him although he is quite powerful himself in the art of battle. Challenging Valtr in close range combat means certain death, known to be the most deadly warrior in close range combat in all of Altera therefore try long range.
Bio: Valtr Alden II was born in Altera and lived in a castle near the palace where the king took residence, Valtr Alden the First, Valtr Alden II father was apart of the royal guard and close friend of the king during his life time which essentially led to the Alden family becoming royals themselves. His mother, Selena Gabrielle Babette was also close friends with the queen to the point that they would spend hours together out on the town or perhaps in the gardens. It was a fair and just life till Valtr's mother died by an unknown virus when he was only 5 years old, Valtr's father took the loss hard, he mentally and emotionally broke down and was never the same good happy fellow he once were. Focused his life on his royal guard duties Valtr II had to be parented by the maids and butlers instead for the rest of his childhood to only see his father barely at all. On his 18th birthday he would be enlisted into the royal guard under his own father thereafter he would be trained by him and soon find himself a leadership role inside the sect at the age of 21. During his leadership his father took a break from the guards and took vacation inside the castle, it was then that Valtr took upon missions after missions of patrol or investigations. During his late middle ages, 28, he took a mission to investigate a cave near the outskirts of Altera, with him a small team of 3. In this cave lied several hostile ogres led by one giant red orc, bottom teeth large and spiked above his upper lip, eyes glowing red, and a long spear to boot. The 3 teammates died immediately by the aggressive forces of the Orc army due to stunning confusion to why their appearance was so odd in conjunction to the appearances documented. These orcs and ogres were large in stature, not skinny at all but huge, like giants for some odd reason and they're heads hit the roof of the cave. Valtr, the last man standing against the horde attempted to flee, however, the red orc caught him by grasping at his cape.... 3 years of torture later Valtr somehow escaped the cave by carving at the walls, His mental state barely hovering over the border of insanity he chose to never return to the royal guards and the places at which they hold residence again. The bucket that he wears is to hide his face, however he screams his full name out loud for all to hear which makes no sense if his trying to keep a low profile, this can be referenced back to the loss of his mental state during the 3 years of torture and the eye he lost during it. Now he walks the path of a traveler... a crazy traveler. Oh, and he calls the royal guards ''the league'' now, no one understands why.

[/fieldbox]
[/bg]​

Last edited by a moderator:
[bg=#f2f1d0]
[fieldbox=", black, solid"]

tumblr_nymu28A9SI1skyru2o1_500.png

Name
: Valtr Hale Alden II, Master of the League, High royal of Altera
Race: Human
Persuasion: Swords
Element: Air
Zodiac sign: Aries
Appearance: A dark blue silk cloth button up long sleeve jacket that symbolizes elegance and chief hood, Long dark blue silk cloth pants to match his jacket and black simple shoes to complete the base outfit. For accessories he wears white gloves as all rich royals do and and waist length black silk cape to top it off. He has blonde long hair with a blonde beard and one eye which is one of the reasons why he wears a ironic cheap large can on his head for a helm.
Weapons/other combat abilities: A simple nobles cane, however inside the cane is a long sword-like blade that can be quickly unsheathed from the handle. Because he was once master of the royal guards and due to his air abilities Valtr is quite fast on his feet and can usually dodge or counter most moves delivered to him directly, power means nothing to him although he is quite powerful himself in the art of battle. Challenging Valtr in close range combat means certain death, known to be the most deadly warrior in close range combat in all of Altera therefore try long range.
Bio: Valtr Alden II was born in Altera and lived in a castle near the palace where the king took residence, Valtr Alden the First, Valtr Alden II father was apart of the royal guard and close friend of the king during his life time which essentially led to the Alden family becoming royals themselves. His mother, Selena Gabrielle Babette was also close friends with the queen to the point that they would spend hours together out on the town or perhaps in the gardens. It was a fair and just life till Valtr's mother died by an unknown virus when he was only 5 years old, Valtr's father took the loss hard, he mentally and emotionally broke down and was never the same good happy fellow he once were. Focused his life on his royal guard duties Valtr II had to be parented by the maids and butlers instead for the rest of his childhood to only see his father barely at all. On his 18th birthday he would be enlisted into the royal guard under his own father thereafter he would be trained by him and soon find himself a leadership role inside the sect at the age of 21. During his leadership his father took a break from the guards and took vacation inside the castle, it was then that Valtr took upon missions after missions of patrol or investigations. During his late middle ages, 28, he took a mission to investigate a cave near the outskirts of Altera, with him a small team of 3. In this cave lied several hostile ogres led by one giant red orc, bottom teeth large and spiked above his upper lip, eyes glowing red, and a long spear to boot. The 3 teammates died immediately by the aggressive forces of the Orc army due to stunning confusion to why their appearance was so odd in conjunction to the appearances documented. These orcs and ogres were large in stature, not skinny at all but huge, like giants for some odd reason and they're heads hit the roof of the cave. Valtr, the last man standing against the horde attempted to flee, however, the red orc caught him by grasping at his cape.... 3 years of torture later Valtr somehow escaped the cave by carving at the walls, His mental state barely hovering over the border of insanity he chose to never return to the royal guards and the places at which they hold residence again. The bucket that he wears is to hide his face, however he screams his full name out loud for all to hear which makes no sense if his trying to keep a low profile, this can be referenced back to the loss of his mental state during the 3 years of torture and the eye he lost during it. Now he walks the path of a traveler... a crazy traveler. Oh, and he calls the royal guards ''the league'' now, no one understands why.

[/fieldbox]
[/bg]​
^^" Eheheh... well then... in an ironic turn of events... I can't read your CS. O_O I'm seeing white text on top of a very light background.

It's all readable in the quote box as I'm posting this message, though (which means I may very well use that to read it later), but uh, yeah, we should still probably sort out what's happening here...

^^" Eheheh... well then... in an ironic turn of events... I can't read your CS. O_O I'm seeing white text on top of a very light background.

It's all readable in the quote box as I'm posting this message, though (which means I may very well use that to read it later), but uh, yeah, we should still probably sort out what's happening here...
F***ing monkey s*** on toast i forgot to change the color of my text to black again.

Is it fixed now?

In this cave lied several hostile ogres led by one giant red orc, bottom teeth large and spiked above his upper lip, eyes glowing red, and a long spear to boot. The 3 teammates died immediately by the aggressive forces of the Orc army due to stunning confusion to why their appearance was so odd in conjunction to the appearances documented.
Ehhh... ok, first of all, there are no orcs or ogres in this universe, unless you're referring to Pyrans. And if they are supposed to be Pyrans, then I don't know what they're doing hiding away in a cave... although I suppose it wouldn't be impossible for such a thing to happen. And as for their size... well, Pyrans are big, so, the accuracy of that would depend on how big "giant" is. The only real description of height that you gave was that "their heads touched the top of the cave" and uh, to be honest, I don't really know how tall the average cave is... In any case, I'm sure Valtr would've seen a Pyran before, which means that this "giant" would be huge even for Pyran standards, which just... wouldn't happen. >_>

And all of that is assuming that you were just referring to Pyrans instead of orcs/ogres. ...As there are no orcs or ogres in this universe.

So yeah, the CS looks fine up until that point, but uh, this is a rather glaring issue with it.

Ok, so, thanks to Willow's help, I was able to edit the OP. I can't change the background inside the tabs to black, unfortunately, but what I did do is change all the text to a shade of purple that should be readable on all backgrounds. Yeah, it's a little dark on black, but, it's serviceable, at least. O_O

Hopefully this fixes things for everyone.

Batch two of my crazy, unconventional ideas:
  • Village-raised Orphan Aquan who was abandoned in a public fountain or pool with no (or very few) other Aquans around. Ended up being raised collectively by said village. Possibly wishes they were human or Avian due to being surrounded by them.
  • Hat-obsessed Terran who always looks for a hat-shop or for something to make an ornate hat out of if said shop isn't available. May potentially own magical-artifact hats that work as part of a street performance.
  • Avian Wannabe-idol with a desire to become a famous idol/singer. Travels around searching for new colored material to make feather-dyes out of. Probably envies Aquans for their (stereo-typically) beautiful singing voices.
Would you prefer I play a quirky character like one of these, or a more (relatively) normal one? I can probably sorta maybe do normality.

Village-raised Orphan Aquan who was abandoned in a public fountain or pool with no (or very few) other Aquans around. Ended up being raised collectively by said village. Possibly wishes they were human or Avian due to being surrounded by them.
This doesn't seem all too quirky to me. The only thing standing out to me is how they could be "collectively" raised by a whole village. That just doesn't make a ton of sense to me -- although maybe it could work with some elaboration...

Hat-obsessed Terran who always looks for a hat-shop or for something to make an ornate hat out of if said shop isn't available. May potentially own magical-artifact hats that work as part of a street performance.
I... what? XD I'm going to assume you had a female Terran in mind... since I feel like antlers would get in the way, otherwise. XD

Avian Wannabe-idol with a desire to become a famous idol/singer. Travels around searching for new colored material to make feather-dyes out of. Probably envies Aquans for their (stereo-typically) beautiful singing voices.
This one also seems like it could be done fairly seriously. The only thing that might not work out so well is just that, well, forum roleplaying is kind of a visual-only medium... which makes it difficult to ever focus on anything music-related, since it's not always easy to convey what it's supposed to sound like. (Hence why the existence of band RP's has always baffled me. O_O )

But um, you can do any character idea you want, really, so long as it makes sense in the RP and all... and really, the only one that comes across as super quirky is the Terran one. XD Although, with the Avian, I suppose there are a lot of ways to make that kind of character really quirky and over-the-top in execution... It just doesn't sound too weird as a concept. XD

This doesn't seem all too quirky to me. The only thing standing out to me is how they could be "collectively" raised by a whole village. That just doesn't make a ton of sense to me -- although maybe it could work with some elaboration...
This one's based off of an African proverb that goes "It takes a whole village to raise a child." It relates to the fact that pretty much everyone a kid spends time with while growing has an effect on the resulting adult. Maybe not the whole village, but basically a select few people would fill certain roles, like parents, mentors, friends, etc. It would make the character very culturally diverse and probably inject a bit of identity crisis in their persona for good measure.

I... what? XD I'm going to assume you had a female Terran in mind... since I feel like antlers would get in the way, otherwise. XD
Well that's why he's after the perfect hat to accentuate his antlers, while still being reasonably easy to put on his head. It's not an easy journey, but maybe someday Tenius will bless him with the perfect hat to compliment him...or it could just be female, that works too. Either way, this is another comic relief concept. xD

This one also seems like it could be done fairly seriously. The only thing that might not work out so well is just that, well, forum roleplaying is kind of a visual-only medium... which makes it difficult to ever focus on anything music-related, since it's not always easy to convey what it's supposed to sound like. (Hence why the existence of band RP's has always baffled me. O_O )
I think that's more of a personal thing. Technically speaking, forum roleplaying isn't visual either, we build the visuals from descriptions. I'm super musically-oriented, so I actually have an easier time coming up with music than an image via description (sometimes; depends on the day). I'd mainly focus on the character development of the music rather than the music itself though. Like a band RP might exist less for the alleged 'music' and more for the setting of being in a band.

But um, you can do any character idea you want, really, so long as it makes sense in the RP and all... and really, the only one that comes across as super quirky is the Terran one. XD Although, with the Avian, I suppose there are a lot of ways to make that kind of character really quirky and over-the-top in execution... It just doesn't sound too weird as a concept. XD
Depends on the group of main characters. If I play a peppy idol-bird-girl in a group of all dead-serious warriors, her very existence is quirky. I'm not opposed to playing that, I'm just checking to make sure no one else is.

To clarify though, when I say quirky, I mean they all defy a 'norm' of some kind:
  • The hybrid is...obviously a hybrid.
  • The pyran breaks the typical pyran-wands combo and tries to defy the stereotype of idiocy.
  • The inventor has unhealthy obsessions and considers humans inferior to avians.
  • The fountain-aquan is completely unaware of how aquans typically act and would behave more like a human or avian.
  • The terran is obsessed with hats while terrans don't typically care about clothes.
  • The idol-avian breaks the avian-swords combo, dyes wings unnatural colors and probably wouldn't wear the typical cloak.
Having spent so much time developing some very cool 'norms', I'm not sure how you feel about me going off on a tangent.

This one's based off of an African proverb that goes "It takes a whole village to raise a child." It relates to the fact that pretty much everyone a kid spends time with while growing has an effect on the resulting adult. Maybe not the whole village, but basically a select few people would fill certain roles, like parents, mentors, friends, etc. It would make the character very culturally diverse and probably inject a bit of identity crisis in their persona for good measure.
Ah, ok, that makes sense. Like, I get what the proverb means, but taking it so literally might be a bit much. I imagine there has to be at least one specific person acting as an adoptive parent and putting a roof over the kid's head. :P

I think that's more of a personal thing. Technically speaking, forum roleplaying isn't visual either, we build the visuals from descriptions. I'm super musically-oriented, so I actually have an easier time coming up with music than an image via description (sometimes; depends on the day). I'd mainly focus on the character development of the music rather than the music itself though. Like a band RP might exist less for the alleged 'music' and more for the setting of being in a band.
>_> Well, whether or not text counts as a visual medium, my point is that there's no audio, which is what makes conveying music difficult. In which case, I don't think you being "musically oriented" makes much of a difference. Just because you can easily imagine what a bit of music should sound like based on a description doesn't mean everyone else can -- nor does it mean everyone will be imagining anything even close to the same thing. >_>

But um, yeah, so long as the music isn't exactly a central point, I think it could work.

The terran is obsessed with hats while terrans don't typically care about clothes.
Hah, I hadn't even put that together! XD Maybe it's because I categorize hats more as an accessory than anything else...

Having spent so much time developing some very cool 'norms', I'm not sure how you feel about me going off on a tangent.
No no, it's fine! I put a lot of effort into norms because that's just something that comes with worldbuilding. In order to create a society, you have to establish what's 'normal' for that society. o_o That doesn't mean that those norms can't be broken, though! In fact, I'd say it makes more sense for our characters to break at least some norms. I mean, aren't the protagonists usually the ones that stand out and do their own thing? XD

Establishing norms just creates a background for these characters to exist in. If you're worried about respecting the rules for this world as I've established them, then all you really have to do is acknowledge that these characters aren't fitting in with what's normal, which you're already doing. :P

Reactions: Luma
  • The hybrid is...obviously a hybrid.
  • The pyran breaks the typical pyran-wands combo and tries to defy the stereotype of idiocy.
  • The inventor has unhealthy obsessions and considers humans inferior to avians.
  • The fountain-aquan is completely unaware of how aquans typically act and would behave more like a human or avian.
  • The terran is obsessed with hats while terrans don't typically care about clothes.
  • The idol-avian breaks the avian-swords combo, dyes wings unnatural colors and probably wouldn't wear the typical cloak.
Do all of them, make an army. We kill everything that we come across with the amount of characters.

Plot's solved, story's over, pack your bags and go home folks.

Do all of them, make an army. We kill everything that we come across with the amount of characters.

Plot's solved, story's over, pack your bags and go home folks.
Luma's Magical Band of Misfits. Yeah, I'll hopefully make up my mind soon-ish and pick one.

Luma's Magical Band of Misfits. Yeah, I'll hopefully make up my mind soon-ish and pick one.
I'd probably allow two if you really can't decide. :P

I'd probably allow two if you really can't decide. :P
Haha, thanks, but I should really limit myself to one starting out. If I manage to keep up with one, then I'd consider a second.

Reactions: Kagayours
Please let me know right away if you can't read my formatting. My goal is for it to be readable across all devices. And I'll be reading more tomorrow~

Reactions: Kagayours