Are you still accepting people into this? I have been reading (not done yet) but what I've read has my interest!

I'd like to create a female, air, sword, Gemini if she can fit your plans.

Thank you! I am going to read all of this even if you don't accept me. I am SUPER curious!!
Hi there, new person, and welcome :D

Also, I think this has been mentioned before in discussion with another member, but I'm pretty sure there's no rule that says that you can only play as underrepresented races, suits or whatever. In other words, even if literally everyone else was a female/Air/Sword/Gemini, you would still be allowed to make such a character yourself. Just to put this out here (Kaga, please don't bop me if I am wrong D:)

Hi there, new person, and welcome :D

Also, I think this has been mentioned before in discussion with another member, but I'm pretty sure there's no rule that says that you can only play as underrepresented races, suits or whatever. In other words, even if literally everyone else was a female/Air/Sword/Gemini, you would still be allowed to make such a character yourself. Just to put this out here (Kaga, please don't bop me if I am wrong D:)
Nah, you basically hit the nail on the head. Anyone can play as any combination of alignments they want, even if the ones they want have already proven to be rather popular.

Nah, you basically hit the nail on the head. Anyone can play as any combination of alignments they want, even if the ones they want have already proven to be rather popular.
Also, speaking of alignments; I just noticed that Victarion's element is apparently 'wind' rather than 'air' :P

Words hurt you.

So do rocks.

And very small cows being thrown at very high speeds
Fight-like-a-dairy-farmer.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Haha you guys are so amusing. Love the Monkey island ref.

Name: Roxanne Azimuth
Race: Human

Persuasion: Swords
Element: Air
Zodiac Sign: Gemini (June 11)

Appearance:

Roxanne is 5'5" tall with riotously curly red hair that fall to her waist in a mass of wild abandon. She is what might be considered sturdy in that she is neither fat not slender but rather, purposely framed. She has bright green eyes that are by far her most attractive feature according to her father and uncle. She has a noticeable birthmark on her right ankle in the shape of a bird's wing, if you look at it just right. Much to her chagrin, she has pronounced dimple in her left cheek that she attempts to conceal at all costs.

Her normal attire consists of black men's leggings, a loose light green blouse with full sleeves that is covered by a darker green tunic that laces in front with leather laces. She wears above the knee boots in a soft tan color as well.She always wears green because her father once told her he loved the way her eyes shone when she wore it. Since his death, she feels the color keeps him near her side and gives her a feeling of safety and comfort. Her bow can generally be seen slung over her left shoulder and her quiver hanging just below her left arm. She made this special because the back quivers were allowing the arrows to become entangled in her hair. She also always carried a thin knife that is safely sheathed inside her left boot, for easy access. There is if one is close enough, a medallion hanging about her neck with the exact likeness to her birthmark, which was a gift from her father and which she never removes.

Weapons:

Bow and arrows, knife, hand to hand combat.

She can use raw air magic to direct her arrows around corners, through dense underbrush and make them fly with more force than her physical strength can afford. She can also use raw air magic to aid in hand to hand combat by using her open palm as a point of impact that pushes her attacker away from her, sometimes far away depending on how angry or threatened she feels.

She is learning to cast spells but is far from adept. She can cast an auditory spell that enables her to use the wind to hear things from far away which is the only spell she feels 100% comfortable casting.

She is also learning to make artifacts, and takes every opportunity to read about or watch better techniques.

Bio:

Roxanne has has an atypical life. Her mother died in childbirth and so she became her father's entire focus and the apple of his eye until his untimely death when she was a mere six years old. She was then sent to live with her only surviving relative, her father's brother Malcolm, who had never married nor had any children. Her uncle was understandably less than thrilled to be burdened with a young child, much less a female child but he resigned himself to accept his duty and settled for the first time in his life in the small village of Atvance.

Roxanne spent many years work hard, training along side her uncle, doing whatever he asked of her without complaint. She was determined to prove to him that a girl was just as valuable and useful as a boy. She grew strong and spirited and had a voracious desire for knowledge. She devoured any reading matter she could get her hands on and because of her above average intelligence, was able to retain much of what she read. She was a diligent student and eventually came to be dearly loved in her uncle's eyes to the point that he now considers her his real daughter with pride.

He taught her to defend herself and how to harness the air magic that was his affinity as well. The two became a well known fixture about the town, which considering his formerly nomadic lifestyle was something of a miracle. Her work ethic, quick mind and somewhat unintentionally comic view of the world have made her an interesting and complex young woman.

Hope this is the right place to post this...

She can cast an auditory spell that enables her to use the wind to hear things from far away which is the only spell she feels 100% comfortable casting.
I'm so glad someone else thought about this. I considered this spell right after Kiri's CS was accepted and it's been bugging me ever since xD

Name: Roxanne Azimuth
Race: Human

Persuasion: Swords
Element: Air
Zodiac Sign: Gemini (June 11)

Appearance:

Roxanne is 5'5" tall with riotously curly red hair that fall to her waist in a mass of wild abandon. She is what might be considered sturdy in that she is neither fat not slender but rather, purposely framed. She has bright green eyes that are by far her most attractive feature according to her father and uncle. She has a noticeable birthmark on her right ankle in the shape of a bird's wing, if you look at it just right. Much to her chagrin, she has pronounced dimple in her left cheek that she attempts to conceal at all costs.

Her normal attire consists of black men's leggings, a loose light green blouse with full sleeves that is covered by a darker green tunic that laces in front with leather laces. She wears above the knee boots in a soft tan color as well.She always wears green because her father once told her he loved the way her eyes shone when she wore it. Since his death, she feels the color keeps him near her side and gives her a feeling of safety and comfort. Her bow can generally be seen slung over her left shoulder and her quiver hanging just below her left arm. She made this special because the back quivers were allowing the arrows to become entangled in her hair. She also always carried a thin knife that is safely sheathed inside her left boot, for easy access. There is if one is close enough, a medallion hanging about her neck with the exact likeness to her birthmark, which was a gift from her father and which she never removes.

Weapons:

Bow and arrows, knife, hand to hand combat.

She can use raw air magic to direct her arrows around corners, through dense underbrush and make them fly with more force than her physical strength can afford. She can also use raw air magic to aid in hand to hand combat by using her open palm as a point of impact that pushes her attacker away from her, sometimes far away depending on how angry or threatened she feels.

She is learning to cast spells but is far from adept. She can cast an auditory spell that enables her to use the wind to hear things from far away which is the only spell she feels 100% comfortable casting.

She is also learning to make artifacts, and takes every opportunity to read about or watch better techniques.

Bio:

Roxanne has has an atypical life. Her mother died in childbirth and so she became her father's entire focus and the apple of his eye until his untimely death when she was a mere six years old. She was then sent to live with her only surviving relative, her father's brother Malcolm, who had never married nor had any children. Her uncle was understandably less than thrilled to be burdened with a young child, much less a female child but he resigned himself to accept his duty and settled for the first time in his life in the small village of Atvance.

Roxanne spent many years work hard, training along side her uncle, doing whatever he asked of her without complaint. She was determined to prove to him that a girl was just as valuable and useful as a boy. She grew strong and spirited and had a voracious desire for knowledge. She devoured any reading matter she could get her hands on and because of her above average intelligence, was able to retain much of what she read. She was a diligent student and eventually came to be dearly loved in her uncle's eyes to the point that he now considers her his real daughter with pride.

He taught her to defend herself and how to harness the air magic that was his affinity as well. The two became a well known fixture about the town, which considering his formerly nomadic lifestyle was something of a miracle. Her work ethic, quick mind and somewhat unintentionally comic view of the world have made her an interesting and complex young woman.

Hope this is the right place to post this...
Yeah, this looks good. Consider your character accepted -- I'll officially edit her onto the character list later.

I'm so glad someone else thought about this. I considered this spell right after Kiri's CS was accepted and it's been bugging me ever since xD
...Dammit, this would've been perfect for Alicia too, even matching her character and whatnot >_<. Welp, there is nothing preventing us from teaching spells to one another (except for possibly time), right?

Reactions: PoetLore
...Dammit, this would've been perfect for Alicia too, even matching her character and whatnot >_<. Welp, there is nothing preventing us from teaching spells to one another (except for possibly time), right?

We can definitely teach each other things! What are friends for eh?

This is a very useful thing! Stolen from my old D&D days...

Reactions: Luma
Greetings everyone. I am currently undergoing some character processing in my brain, Kaga seems cool with the core concept so now I'm attempting to flesh it out a bit more. I had some interesting ideas for how he would use his powers and what not so I'm may troubleshoot with Kaga a bit before everything is ready to post. Mostly I'm trying to make sure I understand how everything work and trying not to go overboard with any abilities. Feel free to lend your opinions.

So my dude's name is going to be Darius. He doesn't much like fighting, he instead wants to enhance every day life either with magic or with a mundane substitute. When it does come to a fight though, and he needs to use magic, his go-to is pulling water from the atmosphere to create a multi-useful blob orb thing. Darius causes the outside of the blob to hold the rest of the water in, effectively making it a water balloon. A water balloon that can be used to block and deflect attacks! When struck by an intrusive force, the glob will condense as a reaction scaling with the force behind the blow, effectively becoming solid against that attack. Alternatively the glob can be turned into an offensive force in a number of ways, Darius could slam the glob into his opponent, controlling it with magic, or I guess just brute force even. The same condensing property would then apply as an offensive force, kinda like hitting water from a really long drop. You may be ready to ask, but Effort why don't you just use ice as a shield and to pummel people with?

Well I feel like a blob could serve more utility, perhaps to be used to help avoid attacks altogether, or cushion a fall or to wear on the lower half of the body and bounce or roll around. I don't know maybe I'm just putting too much thought into it, heh.

So my dude's name is going to be Darius. He doesn't much like fighting, he instead wants to enhance every day life either with magic or with a mundane substitute. When it does come to a fight though, and he needs to use magic, his go-to is pulling water from the atmosphere to create a multi-useful blob orb thing. Darius causes the outside of the blob to hold the rest of the water in, effectively making it a water balloon. A water balloon that can be used to block and deflect attacks! When struck by an intrusive force, the glob will condense as a reaction scaling with the force behind the blow, effectively becoming solid against that attack. Alternatively the glob can be turned into an offensive force in a number of ways, Darius could slam the glob into his opponent, controlling it with magic, or I guess just brute force even. The same condensing property would then apply as an offensive force, kinda like hitting water from a really long drop. You may be ready to ask, but Effort why don't you just use ice as a shield and to pummel people with?

Well I feel like a blob could serve more utility, perhaps to be used to help avoid attacks altogether, or cushion a fall or to wear on the lower half of the body and bounce or roll around. I don't know maybe I'm just putting too much thought into it, heh.
Maybe he can teach Calder this blobby trick. It sounds pretty cool so far.

Reactions: Effort