Already Dead

Whoever she was, she was serious with her threat. It was in her voice. Something in her voice held the conviction of a killer. They...she was different from him, and it was all because of that one crucial detail that made her a little bit scarier then the walking dead. Ice cold blood runs through his veins, making him feel equally as cold. But full of the fear that she invoked. His voice catches, a silent word stumbling -- stammering -- throat constricting as he tried to piece logic together through the throbbing pulse in his head, and the racing of his heart...A deep breath. Several deep breaths that he tried so hard to still keep silent. Even if it was futile. A part of him says the fear is irrational. Calls his entirety out for being weak limbed at the very thought of being shot by her gun, which couldn't have been worse then being eaten alive by them. But the fear was rational.
Fearing man was the same thing as fearing the dead.
". . ."
A deadly countdown, that he soon realizes his heart had fallen into sync with. Yoshi could very well die --
Be it survival instincts, or the reality of the situation sinking in...a breath of logic drew into his lungs, and spread throughout his mind. Bringing sense. A numb, thick feeling of sense.
Five. And he braces himself,
Four, and slowly he moves. No longer caring for being silent,
Three, his hand finds the closest branch, slowly establishing a tight grip on it, and the leaves of the tree shift and rustle ever so slightly with every move he made. He gave a foot a small shake, towards an opening in the leaves. His muscles are tense, but ready.
Two, as ready as he'd ever be.
One...He wondered what they looked like.
And when Yoshi dropped down, landing low on the ground. In a squat -- hands finding the ground, to steady himself. Ignoring the shot of pain that moves through his legs, from his ankles -- indefinitely stemming from his feet. The leaves still rustled, even now. And Yoshi? Well...Yoshi kept his head down. Ever so slightly perked up, so that he could catch the faintest look at his...aggressor?
She was still blurry - damn near-sightedness...
They were too close, even with this.
". . ."
The calm he maintained was nothing short of a miracle.

Nodding, Drake smiled at the girl. "I sure hope so! Thats what I heard from that helicopter before it got shot down, so I figured I'd check it out. I wouldnt mind have you as company either, if you wanna tag along." Smiling at the girl he eased up. If any of these people meant him harm, they wouldve surely done it as soon as possible right?

Joe Fox
Joe sat near a cliff behind some rocks, observing the forest to his left and what seemed like motel on the right side. There was too much activity in both places... as he laid between the rocks he aimed down the scope and observed the motel - two girls and a male, there was another figure there but he couldn't see a clear image of them. At the edge of his eye he could notice zombies heading for their location, four zombies were just outside of the window right were the people were. Most likely attracted by the noise that proceeded to come from the now very loud motel full of people, he bolted in his rifle and aimed down the first zombies head. Click and the bullet was away, the silencer attached to the rifle muffled the noise as much as it could... with a lighting speed he pulled the bolt then pushed it back in, ejecting the empty .308 casing and loading the other one, click and another bullet was away and yet the first zombie had not fallen yet, he repeated the previous action again and yet another click could be heard and by now the first zombie got hit, he aimed down the last zombie and the last click could be heard. The shots hit their mark; the heads of the zombies and they all fell to the floor like bricks... he retracted the bi-pod of his rifle and put his rifle over his back, he stood up making sure his figure was seen before moving behind the rocks. He sat on motorcycle the he had found in a chop shop some time ago and started it up, the muffler did it's job but it would surely attract some zombies. He shifted into hear and darted down the road heading for the forest where the military helicopter crashed in.

Reactions: the legacy.
Alisa; Rain Harbor Park; Outer Edges, darkred
Alisa kept the rifle trained on his forehead for a good second after he landed, before starting to move the hand with her knife in it to sheath it. The gun stayed trained on him, even as she pulled her pistol out instead, quickly switching to a grip with her right hand to fire again, letting the rifle fall against her, keeping it on him another second, before reaching in to grab her knife again. She closed in, the gun almost touching his forehead now, before she stops, the safety off, and the faintest glint of brass down the barrel. She wasn't taking any chances, but she didn't shoot him immediately, which was probably good news all things considered.

She shifted her stance some, before saying "Rest on your knees, arms out to your sides." She waited a few moments for him to do so, or not, before saying "Are you armed?" She let her eyes scan her surroundings again, not letting her aim drift however, before looking back at him. She was intent on searching him, both just for her own usual protocol, and for the sake of checking him herself for anything. "Are you infected?" She doesn't wait for his reply to this really, a hand going out to under his left arm, patting at him, gently to not cut him with the knife in her hand, but hard enough to check for anything, she goes up and down the arm, before switching to the other one, not moving the gun away from him in the slightest.

The requirement for her doing this did put her face rather close to his, serious, and looking for any indication he was going to make a move, careless for a bit of hair in the way. When she finished patting the other arm, she stopped there, stepping back some, and motioning with her gun, saying "Stand up." She shifted the grip on her pistol some, before saying "Give me your name. Then, tell me if you are alone, if you have supplies, and if you can walk five miles." It probably seemed like a strange barrage of questions, but she did have the gun. Apparently she didn't take the course on public sensitivity however, considering the gun still hadn't left him for a moment.

"I'm all for it," Anna spoke, tugging at her backpack straps. She glanced at the others. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm heading out with him." She looked at the man in front of her. "Speaking of which, names haven't been exchanged. I'm Anna," she greeted, sticking her hand out for him to shake.

M O M O .
;; YOU KNOW YOU'RE WRONG.
∞ rank;; survivor
∞ crush;; nobody
∞ sexuality;; lesbian
∞ age;; 17 years
∞ tagged;; ---

"Fuck!" a loud scream rang in the air, followed by a sickening crash. sounds of heaving breaths and flowing liquid soon took its place, and off in the city streets was a girl, hands on her bare, scraped knees, crimson spattered and speckled on her face. a body lay splayed out before her, knife slammed through it's right eye socket, teeth bared in a snarl as it gaped up at her. blood was oozing from the wound and the girl grimaced, kneeling down beside the body.

"nothing .." she murmured to herself as she checked for signs of life. the rotting corpse simply lay limp at her beckoning call. reaching down she grabbed a firm hold of the pocket knife, and made a heaving noise as she ripped it from the socket. a disgusting sound was made as the weapon slid from where it was lodged, blood spraying out as the wound was fully exposed. "ugghh. fucking disgusting." the girl spat as she rose to her feet, wiping her face so that the blood droplets were smeared.

As Joe rode on the motorcycle he heard a crash just nearby, he was supposed to get to the crash site of the helicopter to search for survivors but it occurred to him that if needed be he would break radio silence and search for the crash survivors on the military frequency, as he took a sharp rear brake turn into the street he leaned his bike in inches off the ground and then as the straight appeared before him he leveled back up. As he stopped the bike behind a wall separating him and the corner to the next street he got off and took out his assault rifle, he assumed a tactical cover stance behind the wall, slightly peeking out to see what and who was that figure in the middle of the road. As he took several peeks, he jumped the wall and continued approaching what seemed to him like a girl in the street... as he got in closer he peeked from another corner at her as she seemingly rummaged through a dead body, she seemed quite young and fragile... he revealed himself as he waved at her to silently come over to his position "You... come over here slowly." he said as he still aimed the assault rifle at her.

((OOC: Just to make it clear, my character is talking/near your character @the legacy. ))

Richard lay on top of the rubble, looking at Joe through the scope of his rifle. He was right to be paranoid, but not of the girl. The girl might make an attempt on his life, but that wasn't really a problem. That was a really nice bike. The kind you didn't either just find or have prepared. This guy was with somebody. Somebody big. If it was the military, Richard might be able to get some more toys. Perhaps some more ammo for his rifle. Maybe another grenade, or two. The thought almost made him drool, but he was able to focus down enough to see the infected clambering up behind Joe. Richard acted out of impulse and fired his rifle, wasting one of his precious bullets saving someone he was planning on killing, anyway. He coughed as dust was kicked up around him from the force of the shot. Great. If this guy was at all competent, Richards position was blown. He slung the rifle onto his back and tried to stay as still as he could, laying flat on his stomach, trying to be lower then the rubble he was concealed in.

As Joe was gesturing to the girl to get closer to him he saw a muzzle flash just above and behind the girl, near some rubble... immediately out of reflex he dove under cover to the wall to his left, he peeked out for a split second then returned behind the wall. It was a man, sniper rifle with a suppressor on it, explains the silent sound but straight muzzle flash he got on his knee in a tactical position and peeked out the corner again... he shot a short precise burst at the rubble and the person behind it, he returned behind the wall and saw a zombie fallen behind him... that was idiotic, he knew he did not leave a zombie standing as he clearly had scanned the area before approaching it, he was too long in the war game to miss checking a spot. He checked his clip and clicked it back in, he checked the detailed GPS for the streets to get a better look of the urban landscape and then stood up and hugged the wall again "Run girl... this man is either about to kill someone or die himself." he paused as he took out a smoke grenade and held it in his arm other arm "You would reconsider your stance at this point Mr. Sharpshooter because if you continue this path it will end in only one way, someone dying and trust in me and my abilities that would not be me, I promise you that." he said and paused.

Richard dropped down to a lower part of the rubble when the man started firing. How this was getting REALLY bad. If he kept this up, miles worth of infected were gonna be upon them. Even worse, one of them might be wounded, when it happened. He took the rifle off his back and took the round out of the breach. His best chance was to surrender now, before things got too bad. He slowly stood up, rifle raised above his head. As far as this guy knew, the gun was his only weapon. The knife shouldn't have been visible, and the grenade sure as hell wasn't. With any luck, he could get away good. He didn't say anything. He just stood there, rifle in the air, preying to god this guy wouldn't recognize all the stolen gear.

At least she didn't shoot him on the spot...That would have sucked, wouldn't it? Closer and closer she came. Striding with purpose, she wasn't just trying to intimidate him. Contact? Questioning? Or was she just intending to intimidate him?...Yoshi's eyes strain, the slithers of her appearance that he can see, he has to squint to get the best look at. (Which at least became progressively easier, as she stalks towards him.) ". . ." And she didn't just have him at gunpoint. There was no chance of her missing at this range. Close enough to feel the cool, terrifying metal that he'd always admired a little, nearly press to his forehead. Even if it wasn't touching. It made his body feel all the colder. Vulnerable and in the hands of a woman he didn't know.
The odds never beckoned in his favor, did they? And the only indication of the other person having a knife, was the hiss of one being sheathed, or unsheathed...Yoshi swallowed another solid, suffocating breath. Yoshi looked up to the woman. But that wouldn't make much, if any, difference. Trying to be as subtle with his movements as possible as he abides by her demand. Slowly dropping onto his knees, controlled and contained movements that were deliberately slow. Nothing too sudden, trigger her trigger. Yoshi's heart, ever so active and never once slowing down. He can feel it pounding against his chest, once more. Powerful, knocking a little wind out of him with every pump. "...Mmh." But he didn't speak. Shaking his head several times, his only answer.
His knife was back at his site.
Yoshi's body flinched away from her hand, but particularly from her knife. Standing with an equal amount of slow deliberateness, and his body just turns tenser. Ready to bolt, ready to do anything -- the moment that gun could just so happen to fly off of him, and onto something else. But that was wishful thinking. In her hands, close enough -- he can see she handles it steadily. That gun wasn't moving. Not so long as it was only the two of them...His heart feels seconds from jumping into his throat. Maybe that'd be for best. "...Yoshi." And from his voice alone, it was obvious to tell that he was a teenager. Grasping at the deep octave that his voice could embody. But didn't, quite yet.
Nodding once, in response to her third question.
...He shrugs the second time.
"..." And finally, nodding.
She most certainly did have a gun.
And guns didn't lie. They only told painful truths.

Oh god, is that bone really my humorous? Holy hell, i must have done something before i woke up... What was it? I gotta ignore that throbbing, pulsing, pain... *GROOOAAAANNN!!* "what the hell?" i say under my breath. I stagger away from the humanoid figure, ignoring- no, just filing away the noise for future reference, it reminds me of something i saw on television, what was it? *PLAP PLAP!!* Definitely gunshots, i know that much, i gotta run away, gotaa find my mom, my dad, GRAAH! why does my arm have to hurt so badly!?! "Mom, Dad... where am i? Where are you?" i said, but i shuffled up to a map, thank the lord, i'm near my home, but, by my guessing of what has happened, i'm near a major area of commerce, hot spot for panicked people, for the turned, this may not be so bad, on a max brooks scale a class 2, borderline 3, i cannot see any signs of humanity other than some far off screams and gunshots, and a sickening, dull, thud from behind me...

a cold, clammy hand is on my shoulder, which is bare because im in my undershirt-wife beater- and jeans. i punch the girl with a chunk missing right in the temple, caving in the petit, delicate skull of hers, i feel the bile rising in my throat... she falls, but she immediatly gets up, something falling from her pocket, a swiss army knife, and a match, burnt. I pick up the knife, and i jam it right where i punch, it pulls all the fragments of skull and it also peirces the brain, along with the small blade that i twist as i propell it into her skull, the blood and grey matter kind of like a meat gravy that my mom made a lot of. *Gasp!* i get a blast of my memories back, it was take your son to work day, a zombie walked by, probably patient zero, it was mid-afternoon, late, so not a lot of people were near, she shuffled on, going to the direction of a barking dog, it turned its head to us... It was my mom, my dad looked, he turned pale, tears in his eyes, he jumped out of the building... My mom chomped on his dead body, i threw up all over my dads fancy corner office....

my attention trned back to the present time, because i felt the girl fall, my blade- her blade- made a squishy sound as the vacuum was pressured and broke under the weight of the small, young, girl... i ran to a tall building, and i jumped up the stairs two at a time, i rummaged through the fridge of the second story apartment, and i ate an apple and an entire pack of good cheese, then i passed out in a probably dead persons bead, i had nightmares, and i woke up to intelligent speech

(*THIS IS A QUE FOR ANOTHER RPer*)

M O M O .
;; YOU KNOW YOU'RE WRONG.
∞ rank.;; survivor
∞ crush;; nobody
∞ sexuality;; lesbian
∞ age;; 17 years
∞ tagged;; joe, jason

momentarily, momo was left in silence. the only sound was that of her shaken breathing, and the shaky rise and fall of her chest. however, the girl froze as she heard the clicking of a gun, and a voice, "come here .. slowly." slowly, momo got to her feet, turning to the boy who was pointing an assault rifle at her. she furrowed her brow at him and lifted her hands in the position one would if they were being arrested. "calm the hell down." her voice rang in the desolate streets, as she slowly came forward. "i'm not one of them."

eyes narrowed into slits, she turned her sharp emerald eyes from one guy to the next. when he spoke of death every muscle in her body lightly tensed, as she though of her options. there's two of them .. it'll be a long shot, but i'll fight them if i have to. momo thought, gripping the pocket knife at her side so tightly her knuckles turned white. but as the second guy's joking humour came out she relaxed, letting out an exasperated sigh. "that's no way to talk to a lady." she snickered, waltzing over to the two and lightly brushing past them. "if you're hoping to get any ass from any girl during this whole shit show, you had better learn to watch your words."

{ this is a que for nova. & the ultra red zero.
}

Last edited:
"O-Okay, Hmm, first human interaction in a zombie apocalypse, Kill her, help her, or enlist her?" i murmur, one-handedly flipping through a mini notebook in my pack,part of my school supplies, which i woke with, "Ok, Hehehehe, This will be fun" i show her that i circled kill i said "Now, now, you might want to either beg for mercy, or join me... Mind you, Im a nice guy, but, if you choke up, i'll be presuming you will welcome death.." i said, fake chuckling evilly, might as well mess with her, i wasnt gonna really kill her! I waited for a while, there was silence, then i burst out laughing " I'm not a total psycho! i would never kill a person in cold blood, or not a girl, im from a bit down south, Hence the slight accent, although i am quite civilized, not like the stereotypical bumpkins of the south carolina wilderness..." i put down the gun and extend my hand, smiling charmingly, trying to be confusing and disorganizing, right when she reaches out, i throw a swiss army knife i pillaged from a girl, which kinda hardened me, but im still kinda screwed up about it, anyways, it hit the zombie right behind her, killing it, but getting a satisfying, very cute yelp out of her, i then winked "Got yer back, Sugar Buns." immitating a thick southern accent.

(BTW JASON IS A BASS, he has a deep voice)

Outer Edges, darkred
Alisa watched 'Yoshi' carefully, keeping her weapon trained on him a moment longer, before a bit of tension relaxes in her. She tucked away the pistol into the chest holster, hands moving to the AK-47 now, a fluid and practiced motion, and tucking it across her chest in a way she could bring it up if she ever needed to. Now Yoshi was a VIP in her mind, at least, for now, until he became detrimental to her survival. He didn't look like he had any clue of military training though, so she went with the 'normal' kind of route of briefing him to properly follow her in such a way that she was assured he was there, and not in danger. She looked from side to side momentarily now, making sure it was safe around her, before saying "Okay, get ready to move, we're going to the airport on the other side of the city. Evac will be there, and if we're not there, we die."

She wanted to keep it simple, keep it quick, and clean. Alisa wasn't about to risk her ass saving someone if they were putting themselves in danger, and as such, she wasn't going to let him really out of her sight and reach either, looking in the direction that she assumed Carver had run off in. Chances are there was a clear trail for her to follow, and as such, a good chance of finding a bigger group and increasing the sets of eyes they had on the lookout. She then turned to that direction, looking over a shoulder at Yoshi and saying [BCOLOR=#000000]"Put your right hand on my right shoulder, pat if you need to stop, if your hand isn't there, I will stop and look for you. If we have to fight, keep low, no matter how dirty it is, and play dead if you have to. Pat twice if you spot anyone, infected or otherwise, don't point. Stay behind me, and close, riding my ass if you have to be."[/BCOLOR]

She looked from side to side, now waiting for his hand to rest on her shoulder, not going without him, which might give him a bit of reassurance that she was turning her back to him for this long. It might even say 'trust' but her ears were open, waiting to hear the hiss of metal on leather.