Alpha & Omega (Clem & WritingOwl)

"Come on!" Maddie laughed and ran off. She soon found the remains of an elk carcass. She pulled the meat from the bones and ate it happily. She ripped a piece off and nudged it to Blakely. "I hope my daddy didn't say anything to yours. He can be mean sometimes. If he did tell me so I can yell at my daddy." She smiled and licked the pups head.

Blakely ran after Maddie, glad to have someone to run with. When the found the elk, she sniffed it carefully before taking the meat she was given. She was about to respond to her new friend when her daddy picked her up by her scruff. "Come on, Blakely, we're going home." Abel said, moving to take Blakely away.

"But I was playing! Bye Maddie!" Blakely squirmed a little, but let Abel take her back to the den where the rest of her family was sleeping.

"Bye!" Maddie squealed. She looked over at her own den where her father slowly laid down. She ran over and jumped on him. "Daddy were you mean to her dad? She was just playing." She gnawed on his ear. "I told her to come sleep with us. She was lonely and cold."

Kane rolled over and snuggled Maddie against her. "Daughter, you will learn one day there are things called Alphas and Omegas. You are an Alpha, she is an Omega. There are times to hang out and times not to, but you are higher in the chain than her." He licked her face, sticking her fur up in all directions. "Get some sleep." He released her and she rolled onto her side and closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of him.

Blakely was put down in the middle of her brothers and sisters as her daddy moved to sleep next to his mate. She squirmed, not really tired. She wanted to play, not sleep. The sun was coming up so her siblings were also waking up, starting to move to tackle each other and wrestle. Blakely tried to get in on the fun, grabbing onto any available tail or even moving to try and bite an ear. She was pushed aside quickly, however. When their mother woke up they immediately fought for her attention, only for her to laugh and start licking each of them, trying to calm the excited pups. They would be able to go out and play soon enough.

Maddie squirmed from her father's grasp when she heard him snoring. She whined and soon fell out of the den. She already slept! She ran around the land, running as fast as she could. She loved to see how fast she could do it. One day she would have to hunt, so she needed to learn now. She ran, kicking up dirt behind her. She stumbled at one point, going into a roll. She skidded to a stop and looked around.

Soon enough the pups were allowed outside the den, their parents keeping a close eye on them. Blakely ran with them, falling behind before seeing Maddie. She immediately ran toward the bigger pup, tackling her and pulling on her ear. She growled playfully, her tail wagging. She was ready to play. Abel kept an eye out, watching as his pups ran about and practiced with their instincts. Though his gaze kept lingering on Blakely, making sure she didn't overstep her boundaries too much.

Maddie squeaked and growled, tackling the little pup beneath her. She licked her face before taking off again. "Pretend I am a deer! Chase after me!" She giggled and ran. Maddie skidded around a corner and stopped, waiting for Blakely so she could tackle her. She pounced and landed on her, sending herself rolling. Maddie skidded to a stop and looked up at Blakely. "Why do our parents not like us hanging out?" She asked quietly.

Blakely was having so much fun until Maddie asked that question. She blinked, tilting her head. "You're an alpha. Alphas don't play with omegas or runts." Blakely never felt like an omega. She felt like a beta, through and through. Bored, Blakely nipped at Maddie's tail, wanting to wrestle again. She moved, readying to tackle Maddie like she was a deer or another prey animal.

"That is stupid. Wolves are wolves." She whispered before playing with Blakely again. She jumped over her before taking off again. She ran and skidded across the water before falling in. She squeaked and soon began to doggie paddle her way back to the beach. A low howl erupted across the den, the call for the hunters. "Ooh. Hunters are going out."

Blakely was worried when Maddie fell into the water, but quickly moved back to lick her face when she got back out. Hearing the howl, her tail wagged in excitement. "Let's go see them! Let's go, let's go!" She took off, wanting to watch the hunters leave the pack to go get their food. Her parents were rounding up all of the young pups, keeping them in line and making sure that they weren't getting into too much trouble as the hunters got ready to go out hunting.

Maddie ran off to the hunters and frowned when she noticed her mother getting ready to go out with the pack. "Mom, where are you going?" Maddie asked, running up to her. Her mother nuzzled her.

"I will be back. Don't worry. They need extra help today and your father wasn't feeling well. Now go stay with the pups." Maddie had a bad feeling about it and tried to warn her mother but she was already heading out. Maddie ran over to Blakely. "Something isn't right. I need to keep my mommy safe." She said before darting away from the pack.

There was a back path she could take that would lead her to the hunters path. She tore off down it.

Blakely tilted her head when Maddie said something was wrong. She quickly followed the pup, struggling slightly to keep up with her. "Won't the hunters keep your mommy safe? Everything should be alright." She wasn't sure if they really should try and follow the hunters. Pups weren't allowed to go on hunts until they were older, but seeing hunters in action would be a cool thing. However, it seemed dangerous to go after the hunters. "This doesn't seem like a good idea... We're too small."

"No, something is going to happen. Something is wrong." She yelled back and skidded to a stop. "You don't have to come, but I have to save my mommy." She licked Blakely's nose and took off again. That was when she heard it. Gunshots echoed across the air. She looked over at Blakely, fear in her eyes. "What was that?" She whispered, her ears going all directions. She heard a howl and then more gunshots. "No.. No." She took off, racing down the path to her worst fear.

Skattered across the green grass were red stains and wolves laying still. "Mommy?!" She yelled and ran over, looking for her mom. She found her and nuzzled her, trying to get her to wake up. "Mommy?"

Blakely had followed until she found the wolves lying still. She backed up, looking around. "I don't think we should be here..." She whimpered before trying to howl for help, the sound only coming out as a small yipping noise. They had to get help for the wolves. Maybe the alpha could come and wake them up. The black pup stopped when her howl cracked, leaving her unable to call for help. Instead she ran over to Maddie, licking her head and trying to comfort her. Her mommy was just sleeping... she had to be just sleeping.

A rather loud howl escaped Maddie. She even surprised herself when her father let out a call. She continued howling, mostly in pain. She looked to Blakely, her sadness showing. "I knew something was wrong..." She whispered before nuzzling against Blakely. She then took off, running as fast as she could. She didn't care where she ended up. She didn't care about anything. She just wanted to run.

Her paws dug into the earth beneath her as she ran. Low whimpers filled the air around her as she skidded across the ground, moving easily around the trees and rocks in front of her. She ran as fast as she could, her heart beating hard in her chest. This couldn't be happening.