Alone in the dark

Cassandra dodged another one of his attacks. "The book is safe from your reach." She watched him more deeply as she heard him speak about the angel. When the beast glanced at the door the book and Chad were in her eyes went wide. Quickly she ran over to the door block the beast way. "Her eyes turned into a deep dark red and wind began to swarm around the room. "Don't even think about it." She said lifting one leg high up in the air and landing it hard on his head. She watched as the beast fell. Quickly she got on her hands doing a hand stand. She grabbed him by the tail with her ankles and threw him across the room. She stood back up and turned to look at the beast. "Get out of my house."

The Beast didn't know what to do- it was The Book's power, possibly, or the girl's with the Angel's power. He growled, his nose bleeding from when he landed on his face. He jumped out the window, breaking it, and was gone.
Chad opened the door slowly, withdrawing from Cass's mind and sliding his arms around her gently as she sagged into him. "What was that?" he murmured, kissing her hair. "You were amazing."

Cassandra's body went limp in Chads arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck for support. "I'm not sure, but I bet the book would know." She said as she looked up at him. She was going to go downstairs to lock the door, but knew that the broken window would defeat that purpose. Instead she gave Chad a gentle kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, for giving me your energy. You don't have to do that. What if you have to fight with me one day too. You can't give me your energy like that." She said in a weak voice.