Alone in the dark

She gave a shrug of her shoulders. "Umm...i don't know. What's your favorite color? What's the one thing you've always wanted to do, but never did? What do you do to pass your time? You know things like that." She walked over to a drawer and pulled out a pizza cutter. "Like my favorite color is purple. I like to dance every chance I get. I want to visit the Niagara falls before I pass away." She turned to him a gave him a short nod that meant it was his turn and then began to cut the pizza.

He moved closer to her, leaning over her shoulder as she cut her pizza. It did look good, he noticed, but he really wasn't hungry, which was a shame. He considered her questions. "My favorite color is blue," he said. "I've done a variety of things over these years I've lived, but something I love to do is sing and currently play guitar, although I've played many different instruments." Something took him over then, like a pulsing energy, the same that had affected him in the hallway. Maybe it was just her aura, her loneliness, that his body and soul responded to. He reached around her and took the pizza cutter from her, gently, setting it beside her on the counter. He turned her around, his face very close to hers as he whispered, his face feeling like it had been lit on fire.
"The one thing I've always wanted to do, but never did, is to kiss you."
He did that then, his lips light and gentle, closed but waiting for her to respond. He had been afraid she would push him away, but he didn't care. She would either accept it or be stuck with him.
Either way, you're stuck with me.

She was still cutting the pizza when she felt his gentle yet rough hands grab it from her. Before she could say anything he gently turned her to face him and she looked up at his face. When she heard his words she tried to push him away, but it was to late. His lips touched hers and her hand flew up as if she was going to slap him. Although she knew deep down inside she wanted to do the same thing as well. So with that the hand that was meant to slap him wrapped around the back of his neck. She closed her eyes and pulled him closer to her kissing him back. Her mind going fuzzy with everything that had happened. Slowly she pulled away and turned her face away from his. Trying to hide her blush she glanced at the pizza. "The pizza is getting cold." She said in a whisper.

"It'll still taste good," he murmured in reply, but didn't advance on her again. His veins were flushed with a heat unknown to him and it felt like the essence of life itself. He decided, although he wasn't hungry, to try her said 'Perfect' pizza. he finished cutting the pizza with smooth, easy strokes of his arm and lifted a stiff, well-cooked piece to his lips. He closed his eyes in appreciation.
"Mmm," he said. "Delicious."

Cassandra was still a little shocked. She had never been kissed and she never thought it would happen that way. She watched as he finished cutting the pizza and took a bite. When he commented on how good it was she simply smiled. "Yeah...well..it was my mothers recipe." She glanced at the pizza before running her fingers through her hair. "I..umm..should..well make sure the doors are locked." She gently brushed passed him and headed into the living room. She walked over to the fire place and began to start a fire. Sitting in front of it she closed her eyes and began to hum. Soon finding herself in her own little world and forgot about everything that had just happened. Or at least tried to. She couldn't help but feel how her lips tingled for more.

Chad finished his piece quickly, then walked around to double check that the doors were locked, lining the doors and windows with salt so nothing impure could get inside. There were some things, though, that could get past, so he carved a few runes on or below all entrances. He could feel the heat of a fire changing the temperature of the house with his inhuman senses, and followed the heat to where he found Cassandra sitting there and humming to herself, her eyes closed as if in meditation.

Feeling oddly mischievous, he sat behind her on his knees, his lips close to her ear. "Cassiel," he whispered.

Cassandra eyes were closed and when she heard Chad whisper in her ear she was surprised she didn't jump. Instead her grew even warmer than before. She smiled when she heard the playfulness in her voice. Eyes still closed she smiled. "Yes my angel Chad." Her eyebrow was arched and she fought the urge to bite her lip. Secretly thinking of how delicious his lips tasted. Her mother always wanted her to find a man, and now she had her own personal angel. Hopefully he wouldn't leave her the same way her mother did. "Will you promise be something." She said with her eyes still closed.

His heart leaped as she called him 'her angel'. He moved closer to her, sitting behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. His chin rested on her shoulder; his lips brushed her cheek when he spoke. "Anything," he murmured truthfully. He didn't feel so alone, now, with a fire going and a girl in his arms, one who knew what he was and didn't turn away in fear or towards him in worship. He didn't do anything, or attempt to- he just sat there, holding her and feeling as if the world could end and he would never care or notice, just as long as his earthly angel was in his arms.

This time she turned to face him looking him deeply in the eyes. "Promise me you won't leave me. No matter how hard this gets with the book and everything. No matter how ugly things may seem. Will you promise not to leave me?" She had a feeling that his answer would bring tears to her eyes. So she turned her gaze to the floor. She didn't have to see him to hear his answer.

Chad took her chin gently in one hand, turning her head up to meet her eyes, his own holding a knowledge that seemed to strange to reside in his eyes, a knowledge of everything yet nothing. "I swear upon my own life- hell, I swear on your life, as I care for you more than I care for my own life, that I will never leave you, no matter what happens." His face was very close to hers. "Maybe it seems odd for me to love you as much as I do so soon, but that is the nature of the Angels. We find someone we love enough to be our partner only once, and when we know is when we look into their eyes." He paused. "It's hard to explain, but take it in this sense- there are human soulmates, angel soulmates, and human-angel soulmates."
He kissed her softly, soft as a feather.

"You're stuck with me, remember? But it is because of love and the way of the Angel mixed into one, and a thousand times stronger."

Unsure what to say Cassandra simply smiled at Chad. Hoping that a simple smile would explain how she truly felt. Feeling overwhelmed with everything he just said and where the day took her she laid her head on his chest. Closing her eyes and enjoying how peaceful it was for the moment. "I guess I should go get that book now." She said in a quiet voice.

Chad had automatically wrapped his arms around her and was reluctant to let go. She smelled nice, of lemon and something he couldn't quite place- a mixture of scents. "Let's just enjoy this moment, for a little while," he murmured, kissing her hair.

She smiled and nodded. Closing her eyes as she laid deeper on his chest. Feeling warm and safe in his arms. If only every moment she lived could be peaceful like this. It was then that she heard a knock on the door and she glanced at Chad. "I never have people over here." She said giving him a concerned look before looking at the door.

He frowned lightly. "Never?" he murmured. "I don't sense anything unusual. Whoever they are, they're just a normal human being." There was another knock, louder and more demanding. Chad stood, pulling up Cass with him gently. "Let's go see who it is, then," he said.

The next knock made Cassandra jump but she took his hand and followed him to the door. When she opened it she saw a tall muscular man about the same age as her mother. His face was dark as he stated down at her. "I'm sorry..May I help you?" She said moving closer to Chad feeling a little unsure of this man standing before her.

Chad wrapped his arm around her automatically, letting go of Cassandra's hand to do so. He felt her unease, and, to his surprise, nothing from the man- his energy was there, of course, but he had no emotion. None at all. He frowned slightly, then realized the man was hiding it from him. Odd. The man didn't speak for a moment, just stood there. "Is your mother home?" the man asked her, finally. Chad tensed slightly at his nervous tone. "Do you recognize him?" he muttered to Cassandra. "At all?"

She glanced up at Chad for a quick moment to shake her head. Giving him a somewhat worried look. She then glanced back at the man. "I'm sorry no she's not." When the man tried to peek inside the house she pulled Chad to her and closed the door so he could only see their faces. "Why..How do you know my mother?" She watched as his eyes grew big and turned around. The book was glowing on the counter she turned to see the man start to shake and a low growl come from his mouth. It was then that she realized who it was. She quickly grabbed chads hand. She ran and grabbed the book before she lead him up the stairs closing the door behind her. "That's the creature that attacked me from before." She said. In the back of her mind she thought about what her mother said. On how she will be able to fight when the time was right. Was this one of those times. She glanced at Chad. "Look I know your not going to want to do this, but I need you to stay in here. I have to take care of him myself." The book was still glowing as she laid it on the floor and headed out to face the beast.

(You want to play the beast. Do a little battle scene)

(Ah, possibly? I'll try)
Chad frowned, reaching out to her, but she was gone. He sat cross-legged on the floor, closing his eyes and giving her his strength, feeling it flow through her veins. He hoped it would be enough.
"So," the Beast growled as she returned. "Where is the book?" He tried to open the door, and, seeing it was locked, punched through the glass on the door and turned the knob. His cut hand didn't bleed- the skin hung off his hand like a ripped glove, and underneath was the sickly white skin of his true form.
"Well?" The Beast snarled, stomping towards her. "Are you going to give it to me, or will I have to kill you like I did your pathetic mother?" He grinned, a terrible, animal grin of bloodlust, and lunged at her.

(sorry it's short D: )

Cassandra was beyound afraid as she faced him. Although when she heard him talk about her mother she found strength she didn't know she had. It was as if it came out of now where. It was then that she heard her mothers voice in her ear. "Don't be afraid. Chad is giving you some of his strength to help win this battle. Just follow your instincts and you will be ok." When the voice faded Cassandra snapped back to reality. Quickly she turned in a spinning motion dodging his attack. "Don't talk about my mother." She said in a dark voice.

The Beast laughed hideously and said in reply, "I can talk about anything, little girl." He leaned in close to her, breathing on her breath that smelled like old blood and rotten meat. His eyebrows grew closer together. "Where is the book?" he snarled, lunging at her and missing. "Goddammit, hold still!"
Chad smiled, his eyes closed- that thing wasn't going to hurt Cass. No matter what.
The Beast sniffed the air and growled in annoyance. "Angels." He swung at her again.