Alone, but not lonely

• Thread starter LagunaFairTribal
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anastasia shook Kenny's hand politely.

"Nice to meet you Kenny..." She leaned in and whispered "Last I heard, those aliens just wanted a hug." She smiled jokingly "But no, that's pretty cool that you're interested in that stuff." She turned back to Brute.

"So... what is it you guys do here anyway? Do you just sit around and read? I'm not judging or anything. I'm a bit of a reader myself. I just wanted to know if we had an agenda or anything."

Kenny laughs at Anastasia's joke "You're funny!" He smiles "Nah, thats just one of the options, you can draw, play games, chat, sleep whatever you want. This is just a place where kids can go and relax."

Brute nods "We also offer many educational offers as well, for the ones worried with that kind of stuff." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

She listened closely, genuinely interested. She definitely liked the idea of sleeping. She started to think about Liu again.

"Would I be able to invite friends here? Also, what games do you have? Is it mainly card games and stuff like that? Oh, and about those educationally offers; what do they include? I'm really starting to like it here" She gave her regular smile to both of them. Things were starting to look up today.

Brute nods "We have games systems, like Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation...Kenny often brings his Atari. But we do play card games like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokémon, or Magic."

"For the educational stuff, we have a list of sites that gives away scholarships with tons of money just by filling out facts and stuff." Kenny goes to his bag and removes a piece if paper "Here ya go."

Brute smiles at the mention of friends "Yeah, the more the merrier! "

Meanwhile Liu sighs and heads to the library to start on his project.

Ana took the paper from Kenny and began reading. All of these sites seemed so useful. She suddenly had that feeling that you get when you are no longer worried about the future, and she gave them both a hug.

"Thank you both for this!" She beamed. "If you dont mind, I think I'll look up some of these sites now. Um..." She looked around for a few seconds, then found the row of computers on the far side of the room. "Ah, there we go. Thanks again, guys!" She waved and ran over to the computers. Only one was vacant so she sat down and pressed the "on" button, buzzing with excitement. She didn't have any kind of computer at home, so she wasn't really all that used to using one.

She waited for a short while longer, then heard a sigh. Next to her sat a girl with long blonde hair tinted pink at the fringe. She leaned over and pressed a little button on the tower next to the screen, and the screen lit up.

"Have you never used one of these before?" the girl said with a slightly sassy tone. One of her pierced eybrows was raised as she looked Ana up and down.

Anastasia blushed. "N-No... I haven't. I'm sorry. But thanks for helping me." The blonde girl rolled her eyes and went back to her own computer.

She waited a while longer, until the login screen came up.

"W-wait... you need a login?" She paused for a moment, studying the screen for anything else that might help her. Once again, the blonde girl leaned over and tapped a peice of paper that was stickytaped to the keyboard, keeping her eyes on her own screen. Anastasia sighed with relief. "Phew... Thanks again." She typed in the username and password, then waited for the computer to finish loading. She sat back in her seat, then looked over at the other girl.

"What's your name?" She said inquisitively.

The girl stopped typing and looked at her, with her eyebrow still raised. "Um... Charlotte?" She looked at Anastasia for a short while, unsure of what to think, then went back to her work.

Ana's screen loaded up, then she started to work on getting into the internet. "That's a lovely name." she said, smiling. "Mine's Anastasia."

Status
Not open for further replies.