Almost Like a Mirror

"I would," affirmed Kayle. "I've saved more people than any normal apothecary or medicine man. Yes, I've lost some people...but so have the apothecaries and medicine men. And I actually show for the work I do, unlike many others who try to heal without being healers."

Keeping a placid look upon his face, he dared to lift a single brow when the man was finished. "Does that keep you warm at night then? It is not the apothecaries or medicine men who attain the reputation of demon touch. They are not gifted in the ways of manna based healing, but rather build there status up from the ground with nothing but the strength of their backs and the curse on their tongues." Rune pointed a finger to him, "Healers have a terrible reputation for the very seed of life is buried within themselves and yet when it comes to the dire moments of perhaps either saving themselves or those they work on, they choose themselves over the rest. No, the healers have attained there dispise honestly. For healers seek glory but they do not offer there lives. They want to be held up on a pedestal but you cannot attain such a glory without at least some healers proving they do not fear the repercussions of their own abilities. It was you who chose this way of life and yet it is you who do not try to show that mercy sometimes comes from another's life."

Rune moved down the cobblestone street, "Until the day comes when more of the healing men and women are willing to sacrifice themselves for another without considering the act of their own death, you will be constantly hounded by those you may call brethren and patrons. It was the hand you were dealt when you accepted your fate, you cannot chance a single mans mind. Only he may do that."

As the man spoke, Kayle grew more and more angry. That wasn't how healers were at all! Sure, some were, but many of the healers that Kayle had known were always caring of others. Kayle had always done his best to save those he can, while preserving his own life so that he could help more people. He had paid for every person he had used his magic to heal, and still had the scars from it, inner and outer, so why couldn't the man understand? Had he ever had to make the decision to save a man or lose his own life, had he ever needed to watch as someone was healed, while at the same time a wound appeared on him?

Frowning deeply now, Kayle shouted, "If you're going to speak to me that way, then it's obvious that your lady doesn't need me that much!" With that, he turned, running down the street, nearly running into a couple people.

He probably could have outrun the man, since that claymore obviously wasn't light, but he had barely made it down the road before he was on his hands and knees, breathing heavily. His heart, which he had traded for a dying man's, could only take so much, and it was a trouble just going up and down the stairs. Right then, he felt like his heart was going to give out. Placing a hand on his chest, he struggled to get his heart rate back to normal, his breathing ragged and uneven.

Peering across his shoulder downwards to that of the man letting him have his own monologue, in truth he wasn't overly concerned about having the gent trot off. It wasn't hard to track him the first time and it proved even more fruitful when it became obvious he wasn't as healthy as he might claim to be.

Heavy plated boots turned to close the extended distance until he was crossing his arms over the broad chest looking down upon the man. "If this how you behave when someone gives you the truth of nearly half the populace, you ought to strengthen some of your pride." Rune raised his brow, "Secondly the lady does not need you, she requests you. I am surprised you haven't figured it out yet for someone that appears to be intelligent." Rune slipped a foot back before shrugging. Either the man was extremely new the lands or just had been relatively locked away a lot in his house. Most citizens knew the term the Lady, specially when it was spoken on the tongues without ever giving a name. While he had never been akin to being a hired man for the woman, he had come to relax and work independently with the Lady of the Elemental Wind. One of the four high beings that were much like deities across the span of the lands, Aura was the one who reigned silently on this section of area. When she became interested in someone or something, it was usually a high honor. He knew better than to speak her name to the man, partly he had been told not too as he was suppose to let the man figure it out, and secondly, he hadn't thought about laying it on a bit thicker.

Tipping his head, Rune smirked a little. "Do have a good evening if that is your final choice."

Who was this guy? First he threatens to hold him at sword-point if he didn't go quietly, and now he's saying that his lady doesn't need him? Frowning, he was silent until his heart rate was back to normal, listening to the man.

When he was able to find the strength to stand once more, he brushed the dirt from his clothes, frowning. However, he soon realized who the man was talking about. That Lady. Not a lady, but that Lady. Kayle had come from the lands to the west, where they held to the ten Old Gods, and he was still trying to understand the four deities that they held to here. Kayle had always thought that the four deities were nothing but myths, and he sort of enjoyed the idea to finding out if they were real or not.

Running a hand through his hair, he sighed heavily before muttering, "Fine. I'll see this lady of yours."

It seemed well baited honestly. Everything nearly seemed to be coming to fruition from his lady's words. Playing his cards in an disordered fashion only to seem like he was a trite bit confusing had some sort of double meaning that he himself really didn't understand but decided not to overly fawn about.

"Dare I ask what changed your mind." Rune smirked, already knowing the answer to that.

"No," answered Kayle simply, deciding that if he was going to see the lady, he would, but not happily or politely. In truth, it was curiosity more than anything, whether or not the deities really existed or if they were just lies spread to keep the populace of this country in check, but he wouldn't give the man the satisfaction of letting him know that. Straightening his clothes, he gestured for the man to lead the way, frowning.