All's Fair in Love and Terrorism

Status
Not open for further replies.
She stood there in business casual clothes and gave him a soft smile. "I can handle it from here please leave" she turned to the guard who wakes her into the cell and looked between them before walking off to do his rounds. "Hello Mr.Zaman...I assume their treating you well here...hopefully..." She still felt mixed about their last encounter but she couldn't bring her emotions into her place of work. She had one job and her one job was shutting down this operation so she could stop this attack. But even when telling herself this she still remembered the way he looked at her as he was taken away and the way he seemed as if he wanted to tell her something.

"It's been about two days since we've last seen each other huh...and I'm glad to see that there have been no more attacks issued, don't know if I thank you for that or some higher up...but I'm pretty sure that you know what I'm here for Zaman..." She said softly crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hello Ms Hunts. I assume you're here to demand the location of the cells that are due to activate shortly?"

In reality, Fatin was not sure exactly why she was here. He had expected her after the next attack, not due for at least a few more days. But, strangely, he didn't find her presence disturbing. He was almost glad to see her. Why was that?

She bit her lower lip and nodded her head at his answer. "Ding ding ding...Look Mr.Zaman it's clear to me that I can't change your mind and make you stop these attacks, but I'm getting desperate here" something she would never tell anyone that she was interrogating. Natalia placed her back against the cell door thinking about their last encounter.

"I need to stop this attack before it happens...look, I don't care about finishing your organization cause that's honestly not what's on my mind right now...I care about stopping this attack so that innocent people who have no idea what's going on right now don't get hurt..." She turned and looked at him her eyes staring deeply into his. "I need you to put yourself in my shoes for three seconds Mr.Zaman...and I need you to help me here..."

"Ms Hunts, I'm sorry. But I can't stop the next attack. It's already in motion." He studied her face. She seemed concerned, maybe even actually desperate. Something was pushing her harder than before. Something else, besides the attacks.

"Are you alright, agent? You seem to not be." He asked softly, almost concerned. "If it helps, the attack will have no direct casualties. Any that would have been necessary would have occurred by now."

Well great, there was going to any direct casualties...at least he had the heart to tell her that. But she didn't have the option of going back to her boss empty handed. As much as she disliked that man, he had the power of firing her just like he had the power of putting her on this case. So Natalia knew that she had to show some respect for him.

"Don't...I'm fine no need to ask..." She got hostile with his question, and honestly she hadn't known why. Maybe it was the lack of sleep she got last night and on the way over here, or maybe it was the fact that she hadn't eaten since last afternoon...and that was only because the person who invited her out to lunch forced her to each. "And if you really want to help Mr.Zaman...you'll tell me where this attack is happening...can you do that for me instead of worrying about my wellbeing" she crossed her arms over her chest frustrated with the whole thing. At this point she wanted to put some other agent on this case.

It was clear to Fatin that she was not near ok. Although that of course could be on account of the impending attacks, but he sensed something else in the background, not just him. "Ms Hunts, please sit. You look so very tired. I didn't get much sleep myself on the journey here and i doubt you did either."

He looked at her, for some reason, genuinely concerned about why she was upset.

"Ms Hunts, as I'm sure you can imagine, I get exceedingly bored with sitting in these cells all day long. There is only some many hours one can spend watching paint dry or rather, bars rust. Instead, I offer you a game. You want to know more about the upcoming attacks, I want to know more about you."

"You answer a question of mine truthfully, I'll tell you one of the locations of the attacks. Sound fair?"

"If not, you could always send me out of country and 'interrogate' me."

Why had he cared so much, it was questionable...he was probably using her with his kindness to get out of the cell. Or maybe he had genuinely cared...that was a huge no. Why would he care for the person who got him thrown in this old rustic cell that smelled of stale piss and blood. Natalia looked at him through the cell then looked around before moving away from the cell then walked back the way she came in grabbing a chair from the barracks she had passed on the way in.

After she had the chair in her hands, cause she refused to sit on the floor, Natalia made her way back to his cell and placed the chair right in front of it sitting down. But as she sat down all the stress and tiredness sat down with her making her lean back into the seat.

"Okay...I'll play your little game though I can't imagine why you would want to know about me..." Unless he was going to find some way to use that information against her. Natalia couldn't figure out how she felt about this game, but if he was going to tell her the information this way then she would play his stupid game.

"Just don't ask me any stupid questions that you know I can't tell you..." She moved up in her seat and say up straight converting her mouth for a yawn.

"You sure do know how to treat a lady Mr.Zaman...but are you sure you want our first date with you in a cell?" Natalia teased with a small smile, and pretty curious as to why she said that in the first place.

"Beggars can't be choosers I'm afraid. Although, something tells me this isn't your worst example of a first date, to use your term." Fatin said, surprised by her almost-playfulness. "Shall we start then?"

He crossed his legs on the cell's cot and leaned against the bars opposite Natalia, his face shifting from joking to serious, "I'll go first: Houston Texas, and before you make your phone call, wait for all of them."

"Now, if you could, please try to answer truthfully. I really am curious and I really do swear to the truthfulness of my own replies. Ms Hunts, how are you, really? I can't imagine what demands all this must put on you."

Houston, he just told her the location of one of the attacks so easily...and all she had to do was answer some of his questions. And he had no way of telling if she was lying or telling the truth. Had he really trusted her that much, she imprisoned him, and he trusted her with this much information.

"This is a really big gamble Mr.Zaman...are you sure that you can trust the woman that put you in here to actually tell you the truth." She asked him then sighed pushing some hair out of her face. He asked her how she was, had he really cared this much. "You're lucky I'm an honest woman..."

Natalia thought about this and bit her lower lip. "No Me.Zaman I'm not fine...I haven't slept fully since you were put in here, the last meal I had was a grilled chicken salad with a fruit bowl on the side, my boss is killing me about you and this case...I just have a lot going on right now..." She said with tired smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.