Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
I am open to all types of genre's, my main ones however are Sci-fi Horror and Action. The only RP's I'd rather not due are any threads dealing with any type pf homosexual themes or manga or anime type RP's.
@Cosmic Penguin @Kurogane86 @CherryRoseLotus @Dooley @Duchess @Snowflake

He really couldn't believe that they were actually holding hands again. It had been a little over a month ago when they broke up. Now it seemed like old times. Darrian smiled wide as Allison squeezed his hand tightly and leaned in for a kiss. He missed her lips, the smell of her lilac scented perfume, but it was all his again.

"I can't tell you how much I missed that..." he said after their lips break contact.

"Me too Darry" said Allison as her bright smile flashed once again.

Than, out of nowhere it seems, her demeanor changes. Her face goes dead serious and she intakes a sharp breath.

"Ali what's wrong?" asks Darrian.

"I have to to go."

"What are you talkin about?"

"Let me go Darrian." says Allison as she swiftly pulls away from Darrian's grasp.

"Ali what's going on?" asks Darrian again before a loud shattering shriek causes him to shield his ears in pain. Darrian drops to his knees as the noise intensifies, than, just as quickly as it had begun, the noise stops. The young man opens his eyes, only to find Allison gone. In her place stands a tall shadow like being, it's features obscured by a large black sheet draped over it body. Darrian stands to his feet, his face mixed with disbelief and anger. "What the hell are you, where's Ali?"

The figure stands silent...

"Where's Ali!?!?" Darrian yells.

Than, an eerie disembodied voice responds with only two words "It's late..."

At that moment Darrian jolts awake, his cell phone blaring on his night stand. He wipes a few beads of cold sweat from his face and struggles to get control of his labored breathing. After a few more seconds he reaches over to finally answer his phone, which had sat ringing for what seemed like several minutes.

"Yea?" said Darrian, his voice still out breath and groggy.

"Dude, where the hell are you?" asks the voice on the other end.

"What?" asks Darrian, still trying to fully wake himself.

"Bro, Manny is flipping his shit man. You better get here quick."

"Josh? Dude what time is it?" asks Darrian as he glances over to his wall clock, which registered 8:30 AM "Oh shit, I over slept."

"Bro this is the third time in a week, are you trying to get fired?" asks Josh on the other end.

"Look tell Manny I'll be there as soon as I can." says Darrian.

"Alright man, but you better..." Darrian abruptly hangs up.

He tosses his phone onto the bed beside him and rubs his eyes in frustration "Goddamit..." He was an hour and a half late for work at the body shop. He looks down and takes note that, save for his shirt, he had fallen asleep in his clothes again. He wasn't quite sure what time he had made it home last night. His shoulders and arms were quite sore from the intense workouts he was putting himself through from the past few days. Darrian was in pretty good shape, but he had been hitting the gym extra hard in the the last two or three weeks and it showed. However it was taking a toll on his sleeping habits as of late. He would spend two or three hours pumping it hard at the gym, get home a little past midnight or later and sack out from exhaustion. This was his way of coping with the breakup.

But what had hurt even worse, was the slight glimmer of hope she had given him just a week and a half prior. Yea they were both drunk and it could technically be considered a one night stand, but Darrian saw it as an indication that they would be getting back together. But his repeated attempts to hang out with Ali from that point on were just met with flakeyness and her telling him that she "needed time"...whatever the hell that meant. In any case, it was causing him great distress. He checks his phone's recent texts and sees that she still hadn't responded to his request to see a movie, which he sent her two days before.

"How damn hard is it to reply to a simple text?" he mutters to himself.

Darrian walks over to his bedroom window and looks outside to the large leaf strewn front yard of the old house he was renting with Ali and two other friends. He sees Ali's beat up old Sedan that was still sitting in the elongated driveway after her transmission had blown a few days ago. She had been bumming rides to and from work. The day was gloomy overcast and Darrain took note of the peculiar feeling that washed over him.

Twenty minutes later, Darrian quickly showers, brushes his teeth and heads downstairs, yet on the way he passes Ali's room in the hallway and took note that it was empty. Strange thing was, her bed was unmade. Now one of Ali's habits would be to always make her bed in the morning before heading off to work at a local hair salon in town. Not thinking to much about it he makes his way towards the kitchen but stops slightly as he notices Nora standing next to the coffee maker. For the past few months that they all had lived in the house, he and his old crush had gotten along well enough. However there were random moments when things would get awkward between them considering their past history. When Darrian had been dating Ali, he noticed Nora had become colder towards him, even though she had rejected him the first time around. He zipped through the kitchen, grabbed a protein shake from the fridge and walks towards the side door.

But before exiting the house, he turns to Nora "Hey if you by chance see Ali, tell her to answer her goddamned texts, will ya? Later..."

At that, Darrian bolts out the door, gets in his black Chevy Camaro and hurriedly speeds off to work.

• Love
Reactions: Snowflake
Heidi woke up with a gasp, clutching her chest. She closed her eyes, drawing in a deep breath as a way to attempt at calming her now racing heart. Another strange dream about Allison, but somehow this one felt real. When she opened her eyes, she quickly realized she wasn't in her own room but in one she didn't recognize. Glancing around, she took in the random band posters and half-naked models that littered the walls. "Please, be cute," she whispered to herself as she slowly turned to peer over her shoulder. She took in the soft features of a young Asian man who couldn't have been more than thirty and slept soundly at her side. Mentally, she raised her fist in triumph like the character from "The Breakfast Club" that she couldn't be bothered to remember the name of as she slipped out from under the sheets. Grabbing her underwear, she slipped it on before grabbing a random shirt off the ground, "Much better than what I wore last night," and threw it over her head. Picking up the far too short skirt for winter, she wiggled it on, then grabbed the lacy top she had on the night before. Slipping her shoes onto her fingers, she somehow managed to locate her keys and made a beeline for the door.

"Please, for the love of whoever resides above, don't have roommates."

The moment she opened the door, her face fell and she tried to smile as she awkwardly waved at the two guys and one girl who currently resided in the kitchen. She knew how loud the sex she had when she was sober, she also knew how loud she was when drunk and still managed to remember it, but she could only feel sorry for the three people sitting at the kitchen island. Raking her fingers through her hair, she laughed, "So, um, I'm Heidi, hope I didn't keep you up last night."

"Not at all. I mean, unless you count hearing, "Fuck me harder, daddy," every other minute." The petite blonde girl said. One of the guys sitting next to her nearly spit out his coffee as Heidi ran for the door.

Yelling over her shoulder, she said, "I don't have daddy issues."

Sunlight blinded her vision as she raised a hand to block the early morning sun. Finding her phone still in her pocket, she cursed as she noticed the missed calls from her boss. It was a perk to work from home, but the number one rule was that you never miss a phone call. Dialing her boss back, she realized she wasn't too far from her apartment or the house where Allison lived with their other friends. Of course, Allison would go out with her on most nights to make sure that she didn't get kicked out of one of the five bars in town, but she hadn't responded to any of her texts within the past few days. Heidi spoke with her boss for most of the walk but decided to stop by to see if Allison was home. She watched Darrian run out of the house, however, she didn't have a chance to even wave before he was speeding away to what she assumed to be work. Letting herself in, which was customary, she called out, "Allison?"

His fingers whitened as their grip strained around the slick porcelain of the sink. The overhead light flickered, the dim fluorescent yellow making him nauseous. He hadn't been sleeping lately. Splashing water on his face Joe finally looked up into the mirror. If ever anyone had truly looked like Hell, it was him. It felt like he was going through mild withdrawal, but Joe had been clean for months. He had to be. Buck swore he'd fire his ass the next time he caught him high. So what was this? When had it started? Joe locked eyes with his reflection, the bloodshot gaze staring back doing nothing by unnerving him.

For the past couple of nights Joe had been shaken awaken around three in the morning. It felt like he was choking, and he'd always awaken in a fit of coughs. He'd gone to the doctor before work today. The fear of it being cancer of some other ailment brought on by his bad habits worried him desperately. Joe had thought it ironic. Finally kick the habit only to be done in by it in the end. Yet when the doctor brought back his scans everything was clear. He said it was most likely allergies and should pass in time.

Joe hoped that would be true. This, whatever it was, couldn't continue. Not if he wanted to keep his job. Taking a deep breath, Joe straightened his shirt out and headed back into the shop. As the door to the bathroom closed and the light flickered once again a light clatter erupted. Only when the light came back on did it reveal a broken mirror.

• Nice Execution!
blazer-and-jeans-men-look-jpg.170308

Brian Stevens

Brian awoke to the sound of Darrian yelling and running around the house. "Its called an alarm clock Darrian. Fuck! Some of us had a long night." Brian was thinking about the benifits of getting his own place when he remembered the shitty night he had. He remembered the long night at the coffee shop talking up a storm with a few intellectuals that he met. Brian was a well read man but like a 12 year old kid on the internet hated when people were wrong about something he was passionate about. Their arguement carried off till closing and ended up at a bar where things escalated. The night really turned when a drunken brian was so tired of hearing the so called "intellectuals" miss quote a famous pop culture icon that he stood up got in theor face and yelled out. "You don't know shit about dick, motherfucker!"

Brian rolled over in bed revealing a black eye and red puffy nose. After he yelled at the group he was with, he remembered going outside and got involved in a fist fight over the outburst. He sat up in bed and groaned looking at the wall that connected his room with Allison's. "Ally!!" He yelled out. "Ally! It happened again." He said as he sauntered over to his door, opened it and knocked on Allison's door. "Ally, come out and compfort me im hurt." He said as he knocked on her door again. "Shit." He said as he sat infront of her door, she still wasnt back.

Ally was always his BS buddy. She would tag along and always back his word no matter what he said. She was also the one to remind him to let the small things go and to just relax and stay cool. Without her, he gets really into his arguments and loses his cool. He banged his head against Allison's door, as he did he heard the door swing open and their other room mate walk in. He looked up as she yelled out for Allison. "Sorry, Heidi. She ain't here."

• Haha
Laura McGrath

All the shouting and running had not been welcome this early in the morning, not if Laura had something to say about it. First it was Darrian then Brian and then Heidi. Cumulatively it was just enough to shake her awake and leave her in that state where she knew she won't be falling asleep again but had just enough energy to last a few hours. At the top of her voice she decided to add in onto the cacophony of shouts. "Fookin' 'ell, ya bastards! Y'know I work night shifts!" Cussing was something she picked up from her father a man who had a distinct Scottish accent that Laura only seemed to exhibit when shouting obscenities.

With only a tanktop and a pair of shorts on she slipped on a pair of slippers and pushed her way out of her room only to see Brian and the source of his shouting. It did little to cool her off, but all of her friends knew it was just the way she expressed herself, there was rarely a time when she was actually bad at them for waking her up. "Jaysus, Brian. What'd you do, trade a book club for a fight club?" She reached down and picked him up off the ground with one hand and dragged him along down to the kitchen. "Hey Heidi." Laura said as he sat Brian on one of the stools in the kitchen and after rummaging in the freezer slapped a bag of frozen peas against his face not even bothering to be gentle. "So what happened? You weren't mugged were you? So, who'd you piss off and why?" She moved around the kitchen making herself some instant coffee with sugar and milk then quickly taking a large gulp downing a third in an instant. "Out with it, I wanna know if this was your fuckup or if I gotta call Jo to help me crack some heads." As if to contrast her scolding nature she heated up some milk and offered Brian a mug of hot cocoa. Taking a seat next to him she rubbed her face with both hands as if trying to rub the fatigue away.

"And you!" Laura turned to Heidi as if suddenly remembering she was there. "What are you doing here this early? Shouldn't you be at home, working?" She narrowed her eyes inquisitively at her two friends. "Sometimes I think I'm the only adult one in our group." Standing up she moved to the fridge. "What'll it be Heids, coffee, juice, cocoa?" While she waited for the answer she noticed herself in the mirror and realised what a mess her hair was, there were two half-hearted attempts to fix it with her hand before she gave up entirely.

((Posted from phone, pleasy excuse the lack of quality))

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
@Kurogane86 @Snowflake @Duchess

The day was perpetual overcast as Darrian slowly made his way on the sparsely populated early morning roads of Gavin. He casually grazes his hand over his front pocket, when he suddenly realizes he doesn’t have his wallet.

“Oh shit, don’t tell me.” he says as he pulls to the side of the road near a public bus station.

“Goddamit…” he mutters as it dawns on him that he left his wallet on his bedroom dresser. He grabs his phone and frustratingly exit’s the car and in annoyance dials a number. “Josh, it’s me…listen just tell Manny I’m taking a fuckin vacation day. I’m just not in the mood.”

Well what should I tell him…” Darrian abruptly hangs up.

“I really don’t give a shit what you tell him.”
the young man intakes a deep breath and suddenly stops as he takes a notice of a hooded figure dressed in a black hoodie standing off in the distance. The figure is standing about two hundred yards away behind a chain link fence in an adjoining basketball court. The figure is eerily still, it’s face being obscured by the hood. A feeling of disquiet washes over Darrian as a knot begins to form in his stomach “What the hell?” he whispers to himself as the figure continues to just stand silent and stare. With every second that passes, Darrian feels more and more anxious.

“Hey Darrian!” a voice from behind shrills, startling the young man as he snaps his head to the side in the direction of the voice “Jesus, fuck!” he stammers as a pretty young brunette makes her way into his field of vision.

“Oh I’m so sorry… ”giggles the young woman.

Darrian breathes deep “Jesus Cassie you scared the shit outta me.” as he immediately darts his head over back toward the basketball courts only to find that figure is now gone.

Cassie continues to giggle “My aren’t we jumpy today.”

"What are you doin here?”

“Catching my bus, my shift starts in twenty.”

Cassie was another part of the social circle in Gavin that Darrian had had a brief fling with some years before. She had always been chasing him around, a very attractive young woman by all accounts, however her flightyness had always been a turnoff for Darrian, resulting in him not ever pursuing a relationship with her.

“Listen um, I know it’s kinda weird for me to ask, but you know what’s up with Ally?” asks Cassie.

“Come again?” asks Darrian.

“Well she was supposed to help me get ready for my final beautician’s exam, but that was like two days ago and she just never showed. I’ve been calling and texting, but nothing. I figured since you guys live in the same house, you’d know what was up.” says Cassie.

“I’m sure she just got busy or somthin, you know how Ally can be, she’d forget her fuckin head if it wasn’t screwed on.” says Darrian a lump forming in his throat.

“Is everything ok, you seem nervous?”

“Yea, I’m cool, just a rough morning. If I see Ally, I’ll tell her to hit you up.”

“Ok great, well there’s my bus, we should catch up sometime.” Cassie says with a flirty wink as she rushes of to board a city bus that had just pulled up.

Darrian swallows hard as he just stares on blankly as the bus pulls away, the warm puffs of his labored breath becoming visible in the cold morning air. Something was definitely wrong, now it wasn’t just him that couldn’t get a hold of Allison…and just who was that mysterious figure he had seen a moment ago? With his anxiety building, Darrian jumps into his car and begins to speed a few miles down the road until he pulls into a small strip mall plaza. After getting out of the car, he makes a B-Line to a small salon named “Celine’s Boutique”. Ally had been working full time at the salon for about a year and a half and most of the salon’s employees, including it’s owner, knew Darrian fairly well as he used to stop by frequently when the pair were dating. Darrian swings open the front door and hurriedly walks inside, hoping to catch a glimpse of Allison at her usual station.

“Hey stranger, long time no see!” says a jovial black woman behind the front counter. This was Celine Davis, owner of the boutique.

“How’s it goin Cel, Ally isn’t here by any chance is she?”
asks Darrian, the apprehension rising in his voice.

“Funny thing you should mention that, we were just about to call her. She was supposed to open the shop up about an hour ago.”
says Celine.

A sinking pit begins to form in the young’s man stomach as the realization sets in that everyone was apparently looking for Ally, and couldn’t find her.

“Is something wrong Dar?” asks Celine with concern in her voice.

Darrian takes a few shallow breaths “Um no, Ally has been having car problems. She’s probably at another friend’s house and just forgot to call in that’s all.” he says desperately trying to convince himself of his own words.

“You sure everything’s alright hon? You look awfully pale.” says Celine.

“Yea I’m fine, when I find Ally, I’ll tell her to give you a call.” he says, barely finishing his sentence as he bolts out the door. He couldn’t get into his car fast enough when he fires off a text to Allison’s phone…

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?????

He tosses the phone on his passenger’s seat and burns rubber out of the plaza back towards the house. As he speeds down the road, his heart is now in his stomach, panic rising with each passing moment. Than just a few blocks from the house, Darrian again spots the mysterious hooded figure he saw near the bus stop. This time, it waits by the side of the road, ominously standing under a telephone poll, blankly staring out into the street. As he speeds by the figure, Darrian wipes his face “Just what in all hell is going on?”

As he swiftly pulls into the long winding driveway that leads to the house, he scoops his phone up and checks his messages…nothing. Without wasting a minute he begins to dial her phone, all the while walking up to the side entrance that leads into the kitchen. The phone rings twice before going to voicemail.

“Hi you’ve reached Ally, I must be out there workin my grind so leave a message…”

“Ok look I don’t care if you don’t wanna talk to me, but goddamit just let somebody know where the hell your at! You hear me Ally, this shit ain’t funny no more!” he says as he hangs up.

He opens the door to the kitchen and is taken aback to the commotion that greets him. His other two roommates, Brain and Laura were in a scuff about something, Heidi, another mutual friend, seemed to be standing at the edge of the kitchen looking up the adjacent stairwell. Darrian slams the kitchen door, which immediately gets everyone’s attention.

“Where the fuck is Allison?!?!?
” he yells.

Kimiko Mori:

*Ba-TING!*

Kimiko minimized the video she was working on and brought up Facebook. Social media could be annoying sometimes...well, a lot of the time...but it was her bread and butter. And it beat being trapped in a cubicle somewhere. The post was from somebody calling themselves @11is0nCh4in3d; hopefully a fan or better still, a new Patreon.

She dragged a finger across her tablet's screen to scroll down. A picture; black background, then sinuous silvery strands of platinum blonde hair in striking contrast. The hair was arranged in Art Nouveaux swirls that shimmered in the light. An art pic? Maybe somebody wants to do my next album or book cover? It's not bad, actually... Kimiko thought, then glanced at the subject line: "For You And Your Friends." Huh.

She continued to scroll down. The strands all started to merge...

They met at a piece of scalp glistening with blood. Ruby drops were artfully drizzled around it.

"Aagh! Freak!" Kimiko said, her face a mask of disgust. "Eyewww. Blocked aaaand deleted." She closed out of Facebook and tried to return to her video editing software, but couldn't shake a feeling of foreboding. Her little studio apartment was feeling claustrophobic and lonely all of a sudden.

"OK...I'll go to Allison's and do the bridge," she muttered to herself. When Allison found out Kimiko was a musician and YouTuber, she let her set up a mini studio in her garage. Besides, it'll be good to see Alli. Haven't heard from her in awhile. For a moment, Kimiko had to think back: had she missed any replies from her? There hadn't been anything from Allison on Facebook, and she couldn't remember getting any texts.

*Ba-TING!* Kimiko glanced at the tablet. Go Zuck yourself, she thought, deciding to stay clear of Facebook for now. She woke her phone and checked for texts; no new ones, thank goodness. Alli hadn't replied to hers either, but that was OK. Kimiko could get going on something--or to be more precise, several somethings--and completely forget to reply to texts for days on end. So, she could certainly cut Allison plenty of slack.

Kimiko leaned into the corner on her Solowheel* and swerved onto Allison's street. She was wearing a white A-line Mod minidress with black trim, white patent leather calf boots and matching opera gloves. The right glove had a slipcase that held her phone to her forearm with the screen available for use. Her Eigenharp** was slung across her back like a ninja's sword. She leaned back to slow the Solowheel as she reached the house, then turned up the driveway, stopped, stepped off, and picked it up by its handle.

Approaching the door, she felt the Awkwardness Field try to push her away. She liked Allison's roomies well enough; she just wasn't so sure they felt the same. One, they were all in their twenties, not verging thereon; two, they all seemed so...normal, with a Byzantine tangle of interrelationships Kimiko could never follow in real-time. She was just about to knock when she heard a voice from inside yelling "Where the fuck is Allison?!" Her gloved hand hesitated. She considered just backing off and returning another time. Allison had given her a key, so she could just come in once they were all at work. But if he's mad at her...maybe I can help? she thought, climbing over her nervousness to knock on the door.

Edit -- Soundtrack:

OT:
*Solowheel :: Inventions :: Inventist
**Eigenlabs

Last edited:
Kimiko Mori:

After waiting awhile, it became apparent that no one was going to answer the door. Well...I have a key, why make them get up and come over anyway? She opened the door and leaned in. "Uh...hi, it's just me..." she said before coming the rest of the way in. Leaving the foyer, she noticed the others were gathered in the kitchen, looking tense. "Awwwwkwarrrrrd! " she thought, then blushed when she realized she'd muttered it aloud. "Is...is everthing OK?"

Last edited:
~~Laura McGrath~~

One after the other things just kept getting more and more loud and annoying. All this before she even had the time to let caffeine take effect. She didn't even get an explanation as to what happened to Brian and already there was even more noise coming from the kitchen entrance and then the door slammed shut followed by even more yelling from Darrian. Yelling that she didn't even want to dignify with a response and instead she stared him down eyes two venomous slits like a snake watching its prey. Obviously, she wasn't home, though it was unusual for her to just up and disappear like this without talking to anyone at all. It wasn't like she owed them anything, but Laura hoped they were good enough friends so as to talk with each other. Darrian did bring up a good point but he was far too out of line for Laura to admit that and let him just yell at them all like that. Before she could open her mouth to berate him back there was a sound from the front door. Another one of their friends, Kimiko, she happened to show up at just the right time to defuse the situation. With a sigh, Laura shook her head and finished what was left of the coffee.

"Yeah, someone just decided it would be a good idea to start shouting early in the morning. Come in, Kimiko, would you like something to drink? Cocoa seems popular." She patted Brian on the shoulder and took a look at his bruise then gently pushed the 'ice-pack' back against it. "Keep it for a bit longer, nothing is broken it seems and you didn't get cut so it should be fine in a while." After giving everyone a drink she leaned forward onto the counter table and looked towards the two new arrivals. "Seriously, can we all just calm the hell down now? I haven't slept nearly enough to be dealing with everyone's problems right now. Darrian, Alie is not here, you saw as much this morning." She turned to look at Kimiko next a face full of hope and pleading. "Please tell me you're not also here because you have a problem that only Allison can fix." It occurred to Laura at that moment that perhaps they all held Allison up as something greater than any of them, that perhaps she was too important for their group. She kept rubbing at her face still wishing she didn't get out of the bed, but she had the coffee now and there was no point trying to go back. "Is there anything 'I' can do to help? I don't know where Alie is or where she went. Best you could do is just wait for her here. That said..." She turned towards Darrian with a stern motherly expression. "Shouldn't you be at work?"

Everyone and their Grandma was shoeing up looking for Ali. Brian was scooped up by Laura and ushered to the kitchen where she smacked frozen veggies on his eye and served him cocoa. "Geez, Laura" he whined as he felt the sharp cold hit his sensative eye. "Aly wouldnt be so rough....and shed add mini marshmellows to my cocoa." He whined as he started to tell everyone of his rough night. "So long story short after he misquoted Robert Frost for the 4th time i called him on it and then one thing led to another." He said as he took a sip of his drink. "Oh, i might have called him a retarted hipster with a fat nose and an even fatter girlfriend."

He could feel the eyes on him from that last comment so he defended himself. "Guys he misquoted Robert Frost. He might as well have dug him up and took a shit on his chest. Anyways after that we fought and i got this." He said pointing at his eye." Darrion suddenly enters screaming for Allison. "Calm down big guy. She aint back yet." Kimiko showed up next. "Apparently not Ali is A wall and we arnt handling it well."

Everyone just stands stoned faced for a moment at Darrian's sudden outburst...

"Well don't everyone all speak at the same fuckin time, huh?" retorts Darrian frustratingly as someone knocks from the outside of the kitchen door, but this goes largely ignored.

"Calm down big guy. She aint back yet."
said Brian.

"You don't understand, no one has seen her in damn near two days, alright!"
shouts Darrian as he walks over to the kitchen table.

Suddenly the door opens and enters in Kimiko "Awwwwkwarrrrrd! Is...is everthing OK?"

Darrian suddenly whirls around to face Kimiko "No, everything's not OK, nobody can fuckin find Ali!" he hurriedly rushes over to Kimiko and gently puts his hand on her shoulder "Do me a favor and gimme some peace of mind. Please tell me you've heard from Ali recently."

"Apparently not, Ali is A wall and we arnt handling it well." says Brian, addressing Kimiko.

Seemingly ignoring Darrian's frantic state of mind, Laura just continues to sip her coffee "Yeah, someone just decided it would be a good idea to start shouting early in the morning. Come in, Kimiko, would you like something to drink? Cocoa seems popular."

Darrian angrily turns to face Laura "I'm telling you, something is wrong here and it's not just me! I ran into Cassie at one of the city bus stops and she told me Ali has been out of contact since at least Monday. I just came from the boutique and apparently Ali was supposed to open up the shop, but never showed. Her boss told me they've been trying to get a hold of her since this morning, but nothing. Now she may not wanna talk to me for obvious reasons, but when has she ever dropped off the goddamned grid like this?"

"Seriously, can we all just calm the hell down now? I haven't slept nearly enough to be dealing with everyone's problems right now. Darrian, Ali is not here, you saw as much this morning."

"Well Jesus Laura, remind me never to call you in a fuckin emergency since you tend to take these things so goddamned seriously!" retorts Darrian.

Still sipping her coffee, Laura turned to look at Kimiko next a face full of hope and pleading. "Please tell me you're not also here because you have a problem that only Allison can fix."

Mistaking Laura's statement for more sarcasm, Darrian glares at his roommate "I swear to God, if you don't start taking this seriously, I'm gonna ram that fuckin coffee cup down your throat." he says in a low but menacing tone.

Laura kept rubbing at her face still wishing she didn't get out of the bed, but she had the coffee now and there was no point trying to go back. "Is there anything 'I' can do to help? I don't know where Ali is or where she went. Best you could do is just wait for her here. That said..." She turned towards Darrian with a stern motherly expression. "Shouldn't you be at work?"

Darrian scrunches his face in a mixture of disgust and disbelief "What are you now, my goddamn den mother? Can we get back to Allison?! Now Kimiko, I'll ask again...have you heard from Ali?"

Kimiko:

KImiko found herself walking into the debris of some emotional explosion. Brian was...holding frozen vegetables to his face?...and Darrien was wound up tight enough to bust a mainspring. Did they fight? she wondered.

"Yeah, someone just decided it would be a good idea to start shouting early in the morning. Come in, Kimiko, would you like something to drink? Cocoa seems popular," Laura said, strangely calm given the apparent circumstances.

"Apparently not, Ali is AWOL and we aren't handling it well," Brian said.

"I'm telling you, something is wrong here and it's not just me! I ran into Cassie at one of the city bus stops and she told me Ali has been out of contact since at least Monday. I just came from the boutique and apparently Ali was supposed to open up the shop, but never showed. Her boss told me they've been trying to get a hold of her since this morning, but nothing. Now she may not wanna talk to me for obvious reasons, but when has she ever dropped off the goddamned grid like this?"

Kimiko felt worry start to creep in like a cold draft slipping through the crack of a door.

Laura turned to look at Kimiko with a face full of hope and pleading. "Please tell me you're not also here because you have a problem that only Allison can fix."

"Actually, I just came to--"

"I swear to God, if you don't start taking this seriously, I'm gonna ram that fuckin coffee cup down your throat," Darrien said. Kimiko's eyes went wide. She had no idea what she'd do if he started getting violent. Laura's attempts to calm the situation obviously weren't working. Then he turned to her: "Now Kimiko, I'll ask again...have you heard from Ali?"

Kimiko opened her mouth, but no words came out. The countdown was ticking down its final seconds--cut the red wire, or the green wire? It didn't help that she hadn't the faintest idea how to go about defusing this particular sort of bomb. Then, like an unwelcome guest arriving late, came a flash of memory: shiny platinum hair against a black background. Kimiko paled.

"...No...but I did receive a creepy post on Facebook from some wackaloon with one of those 'leet haxxor' numbermess usernames. It was a pic of shiny platinum hair...attached to a piece of scalp. It was bloody and--but I don't think it was Allison's hair," she added hastily. "I'm not even sure it was real hair or a piece of wig and not CGI. It wasn't frizzy like Allison's. But...the title on the post was...'For you and your friends.' But I get weird stuff on social media all the time," she said, hoping to keep Darrien from exploding.

~~Laura McGrath~~

It wasn't Darrian that had to be stopped from exploding, he was already doing it, no it was Laura who was now fully awake fatigue fading quickly as nearly all hair on her back stood straight and she brought herself up to her full height rather than leaning against the counter weakly. No one talked to her that way, not her drunken customer and most definitely not her friends. She bit down her lip to try and keep herself from saying anything but her nostrils flared with aggression very clearly. She may have been a woman but she was far from incapable of defending herself. She didn't choose to work the late night shift at a bar without something to fall back to. No, if it came to violence she could take care of herself, but that wasn't the problem here. The problem was Darrian's extreme obsessiveness and insistence that matters are so serious they should all be panicking. Luckily before she lost her cool Kimiko started speaking and Laura simply crossed her arms and gently shook her head to dissuade herself from certain thoughts.

If this was how he was acting then perhaps he deserved to get dumped and ignored by Allie, but again she did acknowledge that Allie was not seen in a long time, that said staying calm would be the best course of action and not whatever it was that Darrian was doing. What Kimiko was saying was unlikely to calm him down, if anything it might push him even further over the edge and that is not something she could handle right now. How was it that he was so blind to his actions to this extent, was he truly so obsessed with Allison that he lost his mind?

"Darrian, take a seat, calm down. I'll call the cops." The fact that Allie was not at work and that she wasn't answering along with the mess in her room was likely more than just circumstantial evidence that she was, in fact, missing or worse, kidnapped. It was insulting that he even thought she wasn't taking it seriously, she was concerned from the moment she saw Allie's often impeccable room being a mess, but that alone meant nothing. She could've simply gotten home late and haven't had the time to clean up before having to leave for work.

"Kimiko I'm afraid I will have to ask you to stay, what you mentioned seems too much a coincidence for it to not be related." Her hands were trembling and her knees felt weak but she walked calmly to the phone picking up the landline and calling the emergency service to report a missing person. To think that Allie was hurt or worse yet while she was safe at home sleeping with a smile on her face infuriated her. Her cheek twitched twice but she fought hard to suppress it all.

Kimiko:

After she finished speaking, Kimiko suddenly noticed that Laura's interrupted-sleep vibe had vanished, replaced by something akin to 'Hey buddy, you tawkin' t' me!?' She was standing straight and tense now, nostrils flaring, daring Darrian to make a move. Briefly, Kimiko considered interposing herself, but she was sure she wouldn't be much of a speed bump to either of them if they started swinging. Thankfully, Laura crossed her arms and shook her head as if to clear away an inner targeting reticle that would have been drawing a bead on the site of her first punch.

"Darrian, take a seat, calm down. I'll call the cops," Laura said. Kimiko felt her guts turn to ice. "Kimiko I'm afraid I will have to ask you to stay, what you mentioned seems too much a coincidence for it to not be related." Kimiko nodded in reply, her heart sinking like a stone. Laura walked over to the land-line phone, perhaps to put some distance between her and Darrian, then picked it up to make the call instead of using her cell.

"Oh no! I deleted it!" The words spilled out of Kimiko's mouth, addressed to no one in particular.

Last edited:
  • Love
Brian's intense headache seemed to get worse and worse as this conversation seemed to go on. Darrian was freaking out and yelling at everyone trying to convince them all that something strange was going on. "Dude relax, Ally is a free spirit. She probably just met some people and got really into figuring them out. You should know how she is better than any of us." he said as his words were overshadowed by Darrian's threat against Luara. "oh shit." he said under his breath as he looked back at Laura who was probably in the worse state to be yelled at like that. Thankfully she kept her cool.

Darrian then spilled the beans that Ally had been missing since Monday. "ok, ok, Maybe it's a little more serious than we thought. Lets just relax." Laura then stepped up and offered to call the cops to report her as missing. "good Call Laura. it's been at least 24 hours they should get right on it." Kimiko then dropped a weird bomb that seemed to put everyone in a state of panic. "holy shit Kimiko." Brain said somewhat startled "Why the hell would you bring something that morbid up right now when were concerned about Ally?"

Luara stayed calm and asked Kimiko if she could show them the picture. "I don't want to see that shit." He said as took a deep breath trying to get that mental image out of his head.

• Love
Kimiko:

Kimiko's eyes went wide at Brian's accusation. "But...everyone was asking....what if it has something to do with...like a hostage note?" she stammered, then immediately regretted those last four words. "Did anyone check Allison's room? Maybe she left a note?" she said, grasping at any slim hope that Allison might be OK and they were freaking out over nothing.

"Wait, the cops are gonna want to bag-and-tag everything," she said, then, struck by sudden inspiration, abruptly took off for the garage and went to the big Rubbermade bins where she stored her video equipment. Kimiko returned, her arms loaded with a camera drone, its controller, and a portable blacklight. "I could fly this into her room to check it out and get a video record without disturbing the forensics. They use these to look for--" she cut herself off from saying 'cleaned-up blood stains'--"fingerprints and stuff, right?" she said, gesturing with the black light. "I could tape it to the drone. Does anyone know where her car is? Does it have dedicated GPS or OnStar or theft protection that could be used to locate it?" Her words came out at machine-gun speed. "What about her phone?"