Allergies

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ElBell

Hey all! This week I decided to take a break from the WAM Challenges and drop something over here in the Institute to mix it up. This is also only my second attempt over in this area, so please bare with me and be gentle if it's a bit different or could use some work!

This week, the challenge is to flesh out a character or a few characters by describing their allergies. Below are some sample questions to maybe keep in mind as you answer (no matter if you make a paragraph post or answer each question on its own), but there are no rules or requirements pre-set besides making your post's focus about a character with some allergies, rather it's from this planet or another race! ;)

• What are they allergic to?
  • Are they aware of the allergy/ies?
  • If they are aware, when and how did they learn about their allergy/ies?
  • Is it life threatening, or just an annoyance?
  • What are the symptoms that result from a reaction to the allergy/ies?
  • How long does it usually take for them to recover from a reaction?
  • Do they live in a region which contains the allergen(s)?

And that's what I have! I hope you all enjoy this challenge!

Hmm. I'll take this challenge. If you agree to RP with me if you like my submission >.> *Needs to start a new RP or will suffer from withdrawal*

Iron
Yes, very.
They were in prison. Every time they touched the Iron bars of the cells, He'd react to it.
Both. In some situations, he can avoid it, but otherwise, it can kill him.
His skin burns, kind of like a rash, when he comes close to Iron, but if he touches it, his skin begins to melt away, and will not heal for several hours after he get's away from the Iron.
Well I already put it up, but it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
Considering they're currently in prison ((I'd start an RP with him being released)), yes, he is always within 30 feet of the allergen.

Okay, so let's get the Character sheet put up. Don't mind the lack of elegance, I don't know how to do any fancy framing or all that jazz.

sample_4fc588aaebadaa8d864fe8d7cced99176ef54b8f.jpg
Name: Father Jeremy Schroeder
Height: 6 ft even
Eyes: Hazel (probably will never be seen though)
Hair: keeps it shaved, but his hair is blonde.
Bio:
Jeremy had grown up in the care of the clergy. He was abandoned by his mother, after giving birth to him. His birth was under odd circumstances. In this world, there are humans, and there are 'them'. 'they' are humans, though they have either willingly given, or had their bodies forcibly taken by the beings of Heaven and Hell. Demons and Angels cannot physically leave their individual planes of existence, so they use proxies. These proxies are always humans. Their bodies are used by their possessor for as long as they are needed. Once they are of no further use, they are supposed to be executed, since the human bodies retain the powers and abilities of the creatures that possess them. Jeremy's birth father was, in fact, one of the possessed. When he was born, Jeremy had two small appendages sprouting from his back, one was a deep black while the other was an angelic white. The doctors, who had worked for the clergy, clipped them off. The clergy figured that, if they could control the child, then his 'abilities' wouldn't cause any issues. Jeremy was raised, at first, to be a Priest for the clergy, meant to be transferred to the vatican to serve as a researcher. The world today knows much about the angels, demons, and the possessed. They have become a triage of feared races, even though neither angels nor demons actually harm, or wish harm upon humans while they spend time on earth. Jeremy was the first human child to be born of a possessed one's seed. The appendages that were on Jeremy's back upon birth, were the only proof as to who was possessing his father. The theorized father of Jeremy, the only beings who was, at one point in time, was both an angel, and a demon, were fallen angels. There was a number of Fallen Angels thrown from heaven to hell before the Demons first sprouted out, so there's no definite thoughts on which one could be his father, but nonetheless, one had to be his father. Once Jeremy began showing signs of combat skills (He got into a fight with a bully at school), the clergy changed their plans for him. They then transferred him to the Exorcist Program. The Exorcist Program (EP for short), was a military program, training members of the clergy in the art of killing humans who were once possessed, who their possessor had neglected to execute. Jeremy was taught about his origins early on, as the clergy thought it best. Upon graduation from EP, the head Priest, who had raised Jeremy, presented him with a gift. Jeremy was given two Japanese-style swords. One was a ninjaken, and the other a katana. The Priest explained that each of the blades was made using the appendages clipped from his body at birth, which were revealed to be wings, one angel and one demon. The ninjaken held the devil wing, and was titled "Devil Fang", the Katana held the angel wing, and was given the name "Justice Bringer". After graduating, and receiving the swords, along with two standard Exorcist pistols, which were both standard 45 Glocks, Jeremy was given a position as an Exorcist. After a few weeks of Exorcising, Jeremy had an incident. He had accidentally killed a human, one who had never been possessed, and wasn't even a possession target. The clergy held a strict policy about such mistakes. He would still be prosecuted for murder, but as he was vatican military, and the vatican had it's own laws, he would only serve a shortened sentence of three years. Throughout his sentence, Jeremy had to be careful. Not very many people knew his secret, and the Iron Bars of his cell and window would burn him whenever he'd get close. So he suffered like that, for three years. He made sure he was put in lockdown as often as possible, which didn't have any iron inside, so that he wouldn't have to be near it. Now, three years are just about up, and Jeremy has already began to prepare to fight for the vatican once more. He promised himself, and the Priest who raised him, that he would never make a mistake like that before. Jeremy awaits, with a smile, for his approaching release date.​

Sorry ^.^ I got really into his character development.

• bright lights / loud noises
    • not that much as they think they are
    • they are not aware
    • life threatening
    • loud ringing in the ears, pale eyes and bleeding on skin
    • 3-5 weeks
    • Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.