Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late to express interest? Cuz if not I'm very interested

All right! So first thing first -
As of this post this Roleplay is not accepting anyone else.
If you posted before this message (or were tagged) - you're fine. This got a lot more interest than I was expecting. Which is wonderful. But in order to keep things manageable, I'm going to cut entry now. If there is anyone else particularly interested you can still drop a message here/to me and I'll let you know when a spot opens up.

If it's not too late, I'm definitely interested in this!
Hi hello, very interested.
IM INTERESTED!!!!!
Is it too late to express interest? Cuz if not I'm very interested
Welcome, all. ^^

The character that I have in mind for this role-play is a dragon rider, and all of the magic that she does possess is due to the fact that she has a special bond with this dragon. It's like a connection between two souls, two living spirits. If that makes sense. Asa channels the magic into her rapier, and actually uses her rapier as a wand to cast certain types of spells such as shields and projectiles. This character is highly dependent on the whether or not you even allow dragons in this role play.
Unfortunately, dragons are not going to be something for characters to ride.

When it comes to magic in general, I like the idea of it being genetic and these people go to certain schools of magic to master a certain art. It's easy to write about because genetics is something that we have all learned in school. We are scientifically able to understand it, so I find it easier to write about.

I never really understood the utilizing of mana, and how it really worked because it's not something that I can scientifically comprehend. I don't understand utilizing mana because I never really know where it comes from and how it is replenished. Is it like world of war craft where mana is a liquid found at "mana springs" or "mana wells"? Is it just an "energy" in the atmosphere like in the anime Magi? This is something to consider when talking about mana. Where does it come from? Is it easy access? How do you replenish it? Is it a natural resource that can be diminished? Is it man-made? Does your body naturally replenish its mana levels?

Spirits and demons are not from the physical world, so this could be done in several ways. Some could argue that since they are no longer on the physical plain that they do not have to worry about "limitations". However, if you have ever watched Supernatural, freshly made spirits have a hard time making themselves known because they have to travel from limbo to the physical plain. It takes a lot of concentration and energy. Often in order to maintain their energy levels, spirits will attack and drain the "energy" of others to surpass these limitations.

Whenever magic becomes a topic for discussion in world building it is best to ask the "who, what, when, where, why" types of questions. I also believe that Brovo or Jorick created a lesson on magic for world building. I will link it here!
Thank you for all of your input, as well as the guides. I've read a couple of them before - as well as many other guides around the site. At this point, however, the magic ship has set sail.

To Everyone
I know I said I'd get the OOC up this week but I overestimated my own capabilities. That said, it's very close to being done now. Thank you all for your patience and apologies for the delay.

Finally I have made both a Skype group and Discord server for ATKM - if you'd like to join either, let me know. You can add me as greylingwind on Skype and as Rook#9751 on Discord.

Unfortunately, dragons are not going to be something for characters to ride.
That's fine! I will play my bard instead <3

Which chat is most active? Skype or Discord?

Which chat is most active? Skype or Discord?
Neither is very active yet (lack of people) - but probably Skype by a little? That said - Discord is less taxing for my computer and I am a bit more active there.
Rook prefers Discord over Skype.

I just downloaded Discord for my laptop. My screename is Jhuton. I'm gonna go ahead and add you. Or send you an add request XD. However it works

My Discord name is xxTripwire#2528. Feel free to add me.

c:

I don't have either. Is it necessary? xD

@kimsim12 It's actually not that hard or stressful to get on Discord, I downloaded it and created an account in like 5 minutes.

#DiscordMasterRace!

Seriously doe, Discord web app is really smooth, but the actual downloadable application is AMAZING. It takes so little energy from your computer, even when you are in voice chat. You can pin messages and tag groups of people instead of one by one (but you can do that too).

All in all, Discord is the new TeamSpeak+Skype meshed and sprinkled.

my discord name is Violaceous. I dunno how to add people.

Discord name is FrostedCamel, I requested you a day or two ago

@Vio

NMVuiVG.jpg

I'm helping!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lysander
I created one! It seems easy enough. xD I've got the same username (yay for simplicity)

EDIT: Ah, I see there's this number thing. My FULL one is kimsim12#6696

Last edited:
I just PM'd 3 of you + Rook with an invite link for the group server :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae and Esmeray
Status
Not open for further replies.