All That Remains: Where We Began (Doomy x Aka)

ELLIOT

Elliot lingered silently in the door's threshold, watching Vincent as he explored his new room. It was a odd thing to watch, small hands softly brushing against the new surfaces, as if he was in a museum rather than his own room. Had Elliot been the same way? In all honesty, he could not shake the odd feeling of deja'vu; however, Elliot felt his reaction had been slightly more emotional. Vincent seemed more mechanical, and Elliot felt that would make it difficult to fully adjust to this life...These strange beings, their actions all based on emotion, rarely following the logical answers...Elliot was the same, so it had been rather easy...he hoped Vincent would not have too much trouble.

"Come in already."

Vincent's command snapped Elliot out of his momentary daze, the Jupiter alien lightly shaking his head and removing himself from the doorway, walking to the plush blue carpet and setting himself down upon it, cross legged with his elbows resting lightly on his knees. Elliot had never been fully comfortable on soft surfaces, preferring the hardened texture of the floors, rather than the odd furniture Adam's team had taken the time to pick out. He blinked up at the other, looking much more his age that usual as he poked at one of the bandaid's on his face. "Eh? What's up?"

"What do you do all day?"

Elliot's eyes widened for a moment, giving away his surprise of being asked his patterns so suddenly. In truth, Elliot's life was filled with study: studying human books, studying the tiny humans television, and studying the humans that poked and prodded at him most of the day. He was usually outside, finding joy in the hot sun and fresh air offered, but other than that Elliot did not do much. Vincent's question caused Elliot to contemplate that. Was that really all he did? He was often left alone and to his own devices, Professor finding it best to learn from him by monitoring from a distance.

He was a good cook, having watched Food Network enough to learn a few chosen recipes. He was also learning martial arts, Adam claiming it was good from the mind...

"I guess I'm rather boring..." Elliot mumbled aloud, eyeing the walls as he lightly scratched his chin. His attention was pulled back as Vincent asked about the humans and outside. Elliot felt confused himself as he thought about that. "Outside?..."

Elliot smiled apologetically, rubbing the back of his neck as he shrugged. "No idea there, Vinny...Professor Adam doesn't want us going out in public yet. He thinks we aren't ready to meet the masses, apparently." He gave an awkward chuckle, his hands quickly waving to cease any of Vincent's disappointment. "But I know lots about humans!"

He leaned forward then, head resting on his palms as he smiled knowingly. It was great being able to teach someone something...He was no longer the clueless one.

"Humans are very emotional creatures...like me, but not as cool!... Well, you see..." he paused, fiddling with the fibers on the rug. "They like to make specticals of themselves, believing in this idea of 'fame'....I think it means that if people recognize you, they throw money at you and take your picture a lot." He gave a small laugh then, continuing his lesson. "They have this sort of pack mentality, liking to hang out with like minds while warding off enemy packs with insults via text messaging and Facebook arguments. They call it 'throwing shade' or 'Jading that fool'. The younger humans have a language all of their own, maintaining the motto 'YOLO' as well as 'Swag'. Plus, they hashtag everything." He held up his hands then, creating a hashtag sign with his fingers.

"They also have am odd obsession with their bodies, some wanting to be super fat, to the point where they lack the ability to move. Some believe in expandinh certain parts of their body, usually the lowee body or chest. Others believe on working out until they have that 'V' and '6 pack'. I have it!~" he stood up then, pulling up his shirt to show the lines of muscle so treasured by this race, his smile only widening as his excitement rose.

Clearly...he knew a lot on this subject

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Vincent

Vincent was clearly attentive to the subject as he had swung himself around in his spot to face the other, watching with a small grin as the other began to discuss what he had gathered about the species they were outnumbered by, who they were revived by. A hand trailed up to push some of his bangs back from his face before his folded arms dropped into his lap. Elliot was clearly excited as he rambled on about humans and their obsessions along with habits. Vincent on the other hand sat quietly with an owlish look, absorbing the details like a sponge.

At the end, Which involved Elliot displaying his muscles, Vincent had a curious expression upon his features as he sorted through everything that the other had said about the humans. In his honest opinion, Vincent found little understanding about them. He reached up, scratching his cheek lazily. "So...Humans value their physical appearance?" He questioned himself before sighing. "Why exactly? It doesn't exactly cause variation between them, down to the basics, they are the same creature." He mumbled. It appeared that it was in his personality to over analyse what he discovers. "A difference between creatures would be like you and I, we most likely vary drastically due to our different planets of origin."

Noticing that he began to rumble with his criticisms, Vincent paused and turned back to Elliot, slightly startled. "Sorry, I didn't meant to ramble or anything..." He added quietly as he sighed. He rubbed his cheek softly before remembering one phrase. "Humans have pack mentality?" He questioned, propping his arms up behind him as he leaned back slightly. "Oh...I want to see that. It seems like an intriguing habit..."

Thinking about the humans habits, Vincent began to mentally question what habits were his own species once prone to and if they would reflect upon himself and his personality. He blinked lazily before yawning, only to gaze back to his company. Vincent was tired but questions seemed to keep his eyes from falling. "Ne...Have you learnt anything about your species Elliot?" He asked hurriedly, the covers curling within his closed grip as he stifled another yawn.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: DoomyCakez
Elliot

"My species..."
Elliot mused over that question, slowly releasing the hem of hos shirt and letting it messily fall back into place. He never gave his own species much thought, his only findings coming from what Adam discovered when he was actually allowed to morph into his alien form.

Elliot blinked, staring at the wide eyed Vincent is thought silence as he contemplated an explanation. He had npt imagined having a little brother would involve so much thinking...honestly, Elliot was getting a bit of a head ache, his brain working much more than usual; however, he smiled, lightly scratching the back of his head as he answered.

"The Professor said that my species is one of the eldest in the galaxy. They have come to nickname us "Sand Dragons" because we lived by traveling through the thick substances that make up Jupiter. We are large creature, about the size of an elephant and twice the length, with giant wings. My skin is protected by the element red, that solidified itself to our skin...one of The strongest materials ever created..." He stopped there, feeling as if he would confuse Vinny if he told him too much at once. It was hard to believe that Elliot was what he was...this giant beast unlike anything on Earth; however, his form was completely invisible, hidden by the tricks and traits of the human geniuses.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Vincent

The saturn alien listened with an attentive but slowly lowering gaze. Clearly exhaustion began to dominate curiosity as purples eyes became hidden repeatedly behind pale lids and dark lashes. He seemed by appearance to be paying attention to the most part. A yawn muddled his features as he reached up a hand stifle it. "You...Can show me that one day right, your other form?" He asked with a bleary gaze. "It sounds cools...mine is just...Its humanoid really..." Vincent described, though it lacked his usual long descriptions and detail.

Within seconds of his words, the brunet had reached over and pulled himself closer to the fluffy white pillow, mumbling words that barely seemed recognizable as he settled down his head, eyes remaining barely open. "Though...My other form looks like space." He pointed out, seemingly happy about that one feature. Vincent seemed to try to avoid sleep but it became harder and harder as soon he would not open his eyes, letting them rest. "Tired..." He groaned, bringing up his other arm to loop around the pillow, by this point encasing it within both of his arms, grip tight. "I...am going to sleep now...Secret hideout tomorrow..." Vincent was sure he missed out words from his sentances but it was a fleeting concern.

"G'night Elli..."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: DoomyCakez