What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Is Discord required?

~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya~^^!!

As much as I'd like to have a more intermediate writing level, I really want to be inclusive for everybody. I want people who want to join this to be able to enjoy themselves by taking part in this even if they aren't the best at writing, or whatever the circumstance. So I'm not going to give a minimum writing level requirement. As far as post frequency is required, I would at least like to see three or four posts a week at least, but I understand that writer's block, a busy life, lack of motivation or what have you can get in the way. I realize that things pop up and shit happens, so I'm at least just hoping for a three post per week minimum.

I really don't mind if we are using real, anime, cartoon or comic book face claims. That's one I've never been too picky about, but if we all want one specific style then we can discuss it and work something out. I've pretty much never had this level of interest in a group roleplay before, so I'm not too sure what a decent limit of writers could be considered.

Discord is not a necessity, as I don't even use it myself. A dice/stat mechanic would probably be useful for something like this, but I haven't taken the time to write one out and come up with something that would work. So I think for now we are just going to stick with focusing on the storytelling and narrative. Player versus player combat could probably benefit from a stat/dice system, honestly.

Okay folks, I'm working on getting a bunch of related threads ready for this roleplay. I'm very excited to be getting this rolling with you guys! In terms of story-line, our multi-player mode is going to start before our all star superhero team, The Hoods & Capes has been formed. We are going to be starting during the dawn of true chaos, crime had just risen significantly. I'm developing a main villain for our first story arc who will cause our heroes to have to unite together, and form a team by the end of it.

Since this is going to be taking place in DC we are going to have some content revolving around the president and threats made toward whomever is in office. I really don't want to have to use Donald Trump as the president in our little universe, so should we use a real presidential candidate or should we just fabricate a president?

Fabricate a president. Make him over the top cheesy, make everyone love him. I'm super excited to see how this RP goes!

Could make it a twist, everyone loves him, but he is actually evil and corrupted. So excited!

I kind of like a mix of Lex Luthor and an Ozymandias sort of character for the office. I like the idea of an ex hero turned president who ends up as almost like an anti-villain. Someone who enacts an objectively evil plan for a subjectively "good reason".

So Seductress, would you be ok with a character being a bit of an antihero?

Of course! Anything goes here! To an extent of course. As long as your antihero isn't some sort of god created from the burning gas of the sun, then we're good.

A dice/stat mechanic would probably be useful for something like this, but I haven't taken the time to write one out and come up with something that would work. So I think for now we are just going to stick with focusing on the storytelling and narrative. Player versus player combat could probably benefit from a stat/dice system, honestly.

I've been thinking on this, and I had the thought that maybe it would be doable to use the Mutants & Masterminds RPG system as a baseline for a dice/stat mechanic, but simplified to a point where people don't have to spend the ridiculous amount of time it takes to build a character in that system. Just an idea.

Alright ladies and gents!

Here we are: OPEN SIGNUPS Hoods & Capes Signups/OOC

The Night Watcher's bio gives a few subtle hints behind our first story arc, and may or may not have set up the main plot line for the beginning of our story together.

So I had this as a sort of framework for a stat/dice mechanic. There's a lot it doesn't account for and I'm not even going to call it anywhere near finished, but it's a start to try to make PvP more reliant on chance if people desire. Any feedback is welcomed and I'll be sure to add my own tweaks as they come to me:

Dice mechanic = d20 + Ability modifier vs d20 + Defense

Stats range from -5 to 5; -5 is next-to-useless, 0 is average, 5 is truly super.

Players have 6 points to distribute amongst their Abilities and Defenses. Abilities and Defenses begin at zero. Points can be subtracted to add to the pool for redistribution.

Fighting (governs physical fighting ability)
Dexterity (governs ranged fighting ability (including powers))
Intellect (governs psychic powers' effectiveness)

Dodge (vs ranged attacks)
Parry (vs melee attacks)
Will (vs mental attacks)

Each character can fail a defense roll three times in one combat before being considered defeated.

If we cap it at 6 points early on there should be a way to gain more.

I feel like missions should give points to spend, or at least some sort of experience points toward getting points. It would be a great way to promote PvP, and a great way to make intense, two sided hero V villain battles. I like it.

Oh goodness. I have plenty of RPs as it is, but this is far too good for me to pass up... That's it. I'm in. I've got an Avenger/Anti-Hero idea floating about in my head and would love to take her out for a spin!

Go for it! Post #31 has the link for the signups/OOC.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Awesomesauce! I should have my character up soon!

• Sweet
Reactions: Seductress
So I had this as a sort of framework for a stat/dice mechanic. There's a lot it doesn't account for and I'm not even going to call it anywhere near finished, but it's a start to try to make PvP more reliant on chance if people desire. Any feedback is welcomed and I'll be sure to add my own tweaks as they come to me:

Stats range from -5 to 5; -5 is next-to-useless, 0 is average, 5 is truly super.

Players have 6 points to distribute amongst their Abilities and Defenses. Abilities and Defenses begin at zero. Points can be subtracted to add to the pool for redistribution.

Parry (vs melee attacks)
Will (vs mental attacks)

Each character can fail a defense roll three times in one combat before being considered defeated.

That's a very linear probability distribution, with stat points granting a maximum of 50% of the random probability range. This will lead to a situation where it's not only possible but actually relatively likely for a total scrub to beat a top-tier character. Probably not what we want in a supers game.

I'd suggest using FUDGE/FATE dice rolling and stats/skills, where the die roll is essentially 4d3 and stats range from 0 to +4 or +5. This gives a strongly centre-biased bell curve with the stats being significantly more influential on the result. So it's not likely that, say, someone on the level of the Punisher would win a fist-fight with the Hulk.

Sorry for nerding out on this, but structures and rules matter. They shape the world in which the characters operate, and they determine how characters interact. So getting it right is crucial if you're going to use them at all.

Reactions: Lazeration

Parry (vs melee attacks)
Will (vs mental attacks)

That's a very linear probability distribution, with stat points granting a maximum of 50% of the random probability range. This will lead to a situation where it's not only possible but actually relatively likely for a total scrub to beat a top-tier character. Probably not what we want in a supers game.

I'd suggest using FUDGE/FATE dice rolling and stats/skills, where the die roll is essentially 4d3 and stats range from 0 to +4 or +5. This gives a strongly centre-biased bell curve with the stats being significantly more influential on the result. So it's not likely that, say, someone on the level of the Punisher would win a fist-fight with the Hulk.

Sorry for nerding out on this, but structures and rules matter. They shape the world in which the characters operate, and they determine how characters interact. So getting it right is crucial if you're going to use them at all.

No worries; like I said, this isn’t anywhere near a finished system, so it definitely could stand to have things added and balanced out. I was mostly whipping up something for groundwork before going to sleep last night.

I’m not too familiar with FATE, so I’ll have to read up on it. This little mock-up here was an attempt at simplifying the Mutants & Masterminds system. I’ll definitely be putting more work into it later on.