Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
WOULD YOU RATHER...

Be able to speak every language that exists and has ever been

OR

Talk to all the animals in the world?

Animals, of course. Then maybe I could figure out why my dog barks at nothing at all.

Animals, of course. Then maybe I could figure out why my dog barks at nothing at all.

Dogs bark at things you can't hear, but they can. Haven't voted in the poll... though, technically speaking, if I could "speak every language that exists and has ever been", then I'd be able to speak the language of all animals as well as all people. Because your poll didn't specify ONLY HUMAN language. Though the second choice implied such.

while I would love being able to talk to animals, I would be able to get soooo many jobs by knowing every language :o so for my wallets sake, I say all human languages.

Reactions: LunaValentine
As much as I love animals, I'm going with all the languages. It's a tough choice, though. I'd love to be able to convince my dog that when I leave the house, I really am coming back. Then maybe he wouldn't scream so much when I get home lmao.

Reactions: foodforpigs
all languages

and i can still have oodles of fun talking stupid-human-lingo at people's cats and dogs

I really enjoy learning about human languages, their history, and how they vary among different groups of people. Still, a lot of it boils down to the same uses and communication needs. It's great to broaden your horizons by learning other languages so that you can communicate with people you might not otherwise understand. What you end up finding in the end is that most people are all fundamentally the same. Speaking the same language helps people to navigate the differences that do exist by being able to talk about them.

My opinion is if you've ever talked to another human being, you've already experienced the vast majority of what human communication has to offer. So I think it would be a lot more interesting to be able to talk to animals. That could open you up to experiences that are completely new and unheard of, especially from animals that inhabit environments that are vastly different from where humans live like deep in the ocean or at high altitudes.

All the languages. Most of what animals have to say revolves around the subject of food, look how big and tough I am you don't want to fight me and WANNA DO SOME FUK. I can live without that in my life. Especially when I could have basically a license to print money knowing every language.

I am fascinated by people and to be able to speak to anyone, anywhere, any time would be AMAZING!! And yeah, animals are working in survival instinct so their 'thoughts' are pretty basic. Purr and a tail wag are good enough for me on that front.