Aliens in Fiction

Aliens.

• Humanoid aliens are reasonable.

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Species that are visibly inhuman, but generally humanoid are a fair compromise.

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Alien races ought to be unique.

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Humans are the scum of space!

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Meh. Humans. Pretty normal.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • The Imperium of Man shall rule the universe in the name of the Emperor!

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humans have no breeding season. They may procreate at almost any time, and strangely enjoy doing so.

Also: relevant.
Aliens are wusses. That's what I got from that video.

As for enjoying procreation, most animals that have brains do.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: SamIO
I actually relish the instances when a fictional alien is non humanoid. It kind of annoys me when people design their to resemble humans, and ours like, in this vast universe pic so many possibilities why in the world would aliens look like us?
Also, I don't think humans are supreme, I think that in most fictional instances, people depict aliens as being power hungry or generally evil and unwilling to understand because it makes humans feel better.

• Love
I actually relish the instances when a fictional alien is non humanoid. It kind of annoys me when people design their to resemble humans, and ours like, in this vast universe pic so many possibilities why in the world would aliens look like us?
Also, I don't think humans are supreme, I think that in most fictional instances, people depict aliens as being power hungry or generally evil and unwilling to understand because it makes humans feel better.
I also relish such... which is why I only play non-human/non-humanoid aliens like this. Much more fun. Oh... the alien guy in the pic is Deen, and he's anything but power hungry, generally evil or unwilling to understand. He has a mate, Thoee, and two kids... a daughter, Honalee, and a son, Peet. Which means he knows what being a parent is all about...

• Love
I think that in most fictional instances, people depict aliens as being power hungry or generally evil and unwilling to understand because it makes humans feel better.

There's two traps most writers fall into when writing aliens. One is making them one-dimensionaly evil, the other is making them one-dimensionaly good (such as the Na'avi).

Between the two, I'd argue the second is the more annoying.

• Love
There's two traps most writers fall into when writing aliens. One is making them one-dimensionaly evil, the other is making them one-dimensionaly good (such as the Na'avi).

Between the two, I'd argue the second is the more annoying.
HFY_Avatar.png

Humanity, Fuck Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.