Alice in Dreamland

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]Backfire suddenly flashed, turning back into a Pikachu and hoped up into the air, flying towards Penelope.

"Penelopeeeeee!"

Bam. They smacked together and Penelope fell over, giggling as the little Pikachu snuggled up to her. She was glad to see that Backfire was safe, as well as Jasper. Backfire felt the same, and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Fin and Zachery were there with Penelope. Everyone was back together, which means they could all make it out together as well.

"Let's go everyone," said Penelope, getting up off the ground with Backfire in her arms. "Let's get out of this place and get on our way to forming a stronger team. We want to be prepared for Akuma, don't we?" She grinned, knowing that once more people join, they would be unstoppable.

And so... towards the exit they went. Although... it was strange. It didn't seem like an exit at all. All that stood there seemed like an empty room. Penelope turned back to the rest of the gang and smiled. "This is the exit. It might not seem like it but trust me, it is. Just follow my lead." Penelope then, with Backfire still in her arms, went through the very back wall of the room. She went clear through it, like Shadow did when he escaped. The walls rippled like water as she went through, just to end up on the other side, which was the Distorted Reality of Florida. It was night time. Perfect. They made it through, and didn't have to go back either. Everything went accordingly... and now they could go on their way to Bliiten. But first... she wanted to stop by one place.

Someplace she knew about since she was only a little girl...[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary Jasper, white, dashed, 10"][bg=#404040]Finnick was taken aback when Penelope went through the wall, but Jasper lunged after her, grinning like a mad man the whole way. The ride was like a roller coaster to the kamikaze.

Zachary grabbed Fin's hand, and the two stood before the wall. The masked male knew Fin wasn't particularly brave, so he waited patiently while the former took a deep breath and readied himself. When his heart stopped beating like a drum, and the wall stopped rippling like a tide, the two jumped in, hand-in-hand.[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]Penelope grinned out at the little street they were on. She felt so excited to be back in the place where she first came to dream land... the place she first became an Alice. With her eyes bright and cheery, and a spring in her step, she practically skipped forward like a little girl in a candy store.

"Come on guys! This way!" She started to run to the right, toward the direction of her old school, or rather the distorted version of it. She felt so happy to be back, and couldn't contain herself. Backfire seemed pretty happy too. She always loved running in the field, climbing the trees, and hoping into patches of tall flowers. She recalled playing hide and seek with Penelope when she was only a little girl... Penelope giggled as she hide behind trees or spotted Backfire hiding in a patch of flowers or a bush. Ah... and Haku was there too, making sweet flower crowns with Penelope and teaching her about the world and beyond. He was so wise and knowledgeable, even for appearing so young. This were happy memories.

Now... everything is different. Penelope finally took a step out of her comfort zone... which was staying here with Backfire and Haku... and has come to see that dream land isn't such a happy place. At least now she has the ability to fight back. She can only get stronger from this point onwards.

"There it is!" Penelope squeeled in delight as her old school came into view. Vines and moss covered the walls of her school in her dreams... and strange and exotic plants were everywhere. The school was out of a fantasy book almost... except for the structure. With that, she stayed true to the original. She pranced into the parking space of the school and saw that the electronic gates to the school's field was open. "Let's go in! Just for a minute..." Without further hesitation she went in, looking around, spinning... she felt good to be back. Suddenly, something stopped her from twirling. A firm hand on her shoulder. She turned around, and gasped. It was Jay.

"Hey Penelope! Long time no see gurl.~" The nightmare smiled a toothy grin at the girl before him, and was given an equally large smile in return.

"Jr.! Oh wow it's been forever... How have you been?"

"Ah... pretty well. Actually... better than ever." He seemed to be recalling a pleasant memory in his mind as he sighed dreamily.

"Oh? What happened?"

"Girl... you won't believe this." Jay sounded almost like a teenage girl who was getting ready for some juicy gossip. "Haku appeared here. Well sorta... Well... yeah he was here!" He seemed a little conflicted about what he wanted to express to Penelope.

"W...What?" Penelope was to shocked by the news to know how to respond. How was that possible? She thought Haku surely would never show up again... especially in a place like this. "You're... you're joking... right...?"

"Sit down Penelope... and I'll tell you everythi-... oh? Who are these people here with you? The three males." Jay turned towards them. "Uh... well allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jay... you can call me JJ or Jr... i-if you want. And you all are...?"

Backfire smirked. "That's Fin and Zachery. The other is Jasper..." She leaned in to whisper, "He's a real buttmunch. The other two guys are alright though I guess."[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary Jasper, white, dashed, 10"][bg=#404040]"Woah," Finnick looked around, fascinated by the sights around him. Zachary followed after Penelope, chuckling at her cheery mood.

"H-hey, wait!" But Jasper was having a tough time following the group. His enhanced regenerative abilities seemed to have stopped working to some degree, and he felt woozy. Each step was a bit uncertain. Zachary turned around and studied the larger male. Jasper's tail was dragging behind him, his ears were limp and all previous energy had vanished from his face, leaving him looking a bit sick. "How's about a piggyback, hmm?"

"Yeah right," the male's ears flattened against his head, and he sent the masked figure a malicious glare. But he could feel the genuine worry expressed by the smaller male, and when he looked up and saw two masks instead of one, Jasper surrendered and said, "Actually, sure. That might not be a bad idea, as long as you can carry me."

Being a former Nightmare, Zachary was much stronger than he looked. He caught Jasper just below the knees when the man leaped onto his back, and felt arms wrap around his neck. He could see the pointy claws of the other hovering as far away as possible from his neck, and Zachary took a moment to be grateful that Jasper was very mindful of his claws. "Huh... you're lighter than you look. Maybe that's why you're such an acrobat, hehe."
As they walked behind Penelope, Zachary could feel something warm running down his back, and it worried him greatly. Jasper was clearly not human, and definitely possessed some form of powerful regeneration as he seemed to be unconcerned with the wound. But for some reason, it clearly wasn't working like it should be.

The group followed Penelope into the school building. Finnick smiled and waved to the entity Penelope clearly knew well, and Zachary gave a cut nod and a giggle. Jasper looked completely unamused, limply hanging onto the other male, and merely growled when Penelope whispered to JJ. "I heard that, you know." He loosely ponted to his ears.
"Oi, and who's this Haku to you anyway?" The male pouted like a baby, furrowing his eyebrows.[/bg][/fieldbox]

~~~

"That's where you went..."

He felt the doorway ripple around him, and he took a deep breath as he passed between worlds.
Florida is such a nice place in the Dreamworld. He smiled.

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]Backfire stuck out her tongue at Jasper, not caring that he heard what she said. Penelope only sighed at the two. They surely are natural rivals. Penelope looked back to the man known as Jay, curious as to what he had to tell her.

"Not yet Penelope. I have one rule here in this place, and that is if you're an Alice... you need to go into Alice form to prove it." Penelope gave him a surprised look and he just slowly shook his head. "Sorry, but I can't give you information on Haku when you could be some person disguised as Penelope. Certain people are out after him, and he said it's now a rule to ask for any Alice's to prove themselves to me." Penelope furrowed an eyebrow, deep in thought.

"Yeah well... what if you're an impostor."

"E-Eh!?"

Penelope smiled a little, explaining herself. "Prove yourself to us first, then we'll do the same. If you're really the Jr. I know... you can go into nightmare form, right?"

"R-Right... okay.." Jay cleared his throat and took a few steps back from the group. Dark energy began to swirl around him, and his body turned completely black. He began to grow bigger and bigger, until he was quite large, not too large since he was still a nightmare in training, but pretty large. He had horns, and strange fur covered his mutant body. He looked like something straight out of hell, which was the point. He was a nightmare after all.

367113.jpg

[glow=red]"Satisfied?"[/glow] He croaked in a demonic tone.

"Very," Penelope stated plainly. "Then I guess it's my..." She looked back at Fin, remembering that he too is an Alice. "... Our turn."

Penelope stepped up first into the space between Jay and the group, making sure to stand extremely still. Soon, a force coming from her started to pull things gently toward her... petals from the flowers on the trees... fallen tree leaves... even small pebbles on the ground. It felt like a wind was blowing past everyone, but that wind then went to Penelope. Her body began to spark with electricity, and soon enough the sparks grew, starting to spin around her, engulfing her in a giant ball of electricity, it spun fast and faster, until you couldn't even see her... and then it suddenly burst, releasing Penelope from it's confines. She had Pikachu ears and a tail now. She wore black and yellow gloves, black high-heeled boots, A yellow top and bottom which had brown striped on the back, and her cheeks were more red than before. Her hair was short as well, boy-short, but still kept in an elegant style.

"Looks like I proved myself. Your turn, Fin." She turned to the blond haired male with a smile.[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary Jasper, white, dashed, 10"][bg=#404040]A sudden wind picked up around the group, and Finnick could only dwell on how nice it felt running through his hair. Then the electricity started, and startled him out of his respite.
Jasper watched with a mixture of awe and concern, for he wasn't really sure what might happen to Penelope.
The result of the transformation only became clear when the electric bubble burst- causing the group to flinch away. There was Penelope... Jasper's eyes widened and he wolf-whistled at her, then grinned like an idiot.

Finnick looked a little nervous.
"I... It's m-my first time... I'm front of a-anyone else..." He was quite nervous, and this was reflected in his unsteady footing. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and swung his yellow backpack off of his shoulders. "Alright... here we go."

In the background, Zachary silently cheered him on, smiling under his mask.

He grasped the zipper of his backpack by a water-drop charm, and pulled it open, quickly retrieving... a gallon bottle of water from its depths. He uncapped it and spilled it's contents onto the floor unceremoniously, waiting for it to fully drain before dropping the plastic container and holding out his hands.
He looked serene, almost blissfully calm.

The pool of water around him began to drip upwards- as if gravity had suddenly been reversed and only Finnick could remain like stone, unchanged. The weightless droplets of water froze in space as they hovered closer to his body. First, Fin's hair began to suddenly grow longer- in seconds it was almost past his hips. Next, gills were suddenly cut into the flesh on either side of his neck, and flaired to life as Fin took another breath.
Then, somewhat obscured by the water rapidly generating around the boy, his legs fused together and blue scales pushed past his skin, all the way down until they reached a long, frilly merman tail. Fins likewise grew out of the male's back and from his elbows. His ears elongated and tapered into pale blue fins.

The final result was a man turned into the prince of Poseidon, a trident-less king of the sea, with waves lapping at the tail his torso was precariously perched upon. Fin's eyes were still closed, but he could feel his new, long hair billowing around his body, and he knew the change was complete.[/bg][/fieldbox]

(( Hahaha, everything went from OH JESUS DEMONS to KAWAII DESU ))

Last edited:
((OH MY GOD IS THAT WHY HIS NAME IS FIN? MIND BLOWN. Also I have to go to bed so I'll respond tomorrow. Just telling you so you don't wait for me all night. O.o BUT YES SO KAWAII ERMAGERD))

(( Nah, first came the name, then the pun xD

AWWW NOOOO D: AAAAH ))

[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]Jay turned back into his human form and smiled. Backfire, now on Penelope's shoulder, seemed to be in a state of awe at Fin's new form.

"Wow... dang..." Backfire thought the boy was so breathtaking and majestic.

Jay nodded at the group. "Alright, you have proven your worth. I'll let you guys in on a secret then. Follow me!"

The nightmare winked at everyone and lead them towards the tree that Backfire and Penelope were so familiar with. It was in full bloom, blossoms covered the branches of the tree and petals gently float down and twirled in the breeze. Jay stopped right in front of the tree before turning around to address everyone.

"So yes... Haku was here. He's still alive and well... and he's still looking out for you Penelope." Penelope's shocked face made Jay chuckle. "I know, you probably thought he was gone but... he has been here all along. He's even interfered... changing your dreams to help you along the way. Didn't you think it was strange Penelope... when those four nightmares attacked you..? You couldn't change into your full form to fight, and so coincidentally you managed to find a knife laying nearby which wasn't there before..."

"Yeah I guess that was strange..." Agreed Penelope hesitantly.

"Or how about when your dreams warned you of things that would happen in real life?"

Penelope grew silent. So, Haku has been altering her dreams to help her all this time? He didn't even stop at helping her in dream but out of dreams too? It made sense but at the same time it didn't. Not everything was adding up.

"Why did he leave me then?"

Now it was Jay's turn to get silent. He wasn't sure how to tell Penelope... or rather how to explain it so she would understand.

"I think... It would be best to ask him that yourself."

"W-What?" She looked over at Backfire who just shrugged her shoulders. Backfire was just as puzzled about Jay's cryptic messages as Penelope.

Jay sighed. "Look... Haku isn't in this area anymore, but by the way he spoke, I think he'll show up some time. Possibly when you'll be in great danger and need his help. I can't be sure though... Just... I have this feeling that soon you'll meet again."

Penelope nodded, feeling a little disappointed that Haku wasn't here to see her right now. She wondered when he would reveal himself. Hopefully Jay is right and he will... otherwise maybe she will just never see him again. The thought saddened her... but she just had to accept it.

"Alright Jr... thank you." She turned to the group. "Do you guys have any questions for Jr? He knows quite a lot too. Heck I think he's been here longer than Jack even."[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

((Btw both dreams that Jay mentions are actually true for me. Last night I had a dream that 4 nightmare entities attacked me and I couldn't really force myself to get stronger or something like I usually could in my dreams but then I found a knife and well... yeah I kinda killed them. o.o uhhhh dark emmy is dark. And then my dreams did warn me about something. You know... ex-boyfriend. My dreams told me about how he is and then I found out it was true. Really freaky.))

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary Jasper, white, dashed, 10"][bg=#404040]Finnick's tail suddenly grew a split down the middle, and the two halves were suddenly morphed into human legs, albeit scaly and semi-blue tinted ones. Fin found this made it considerably easier for him to walk around on dry land.

The three boys listened intently to Penelope's conversation with the Nightmare. Jasper, at one point, piped up and said, "This Haku means a lot to you, eh?" Before growing quiet once again. Fin was glad that Penelope would probably get to see her friend again. Zachary chucked, sensing Penelope's romantic feeling for the mentioned man.

Then they were asked if they had any questions. Both Finnick and Zachary shook their heads. Jasper hesitated, and lifted his nose to the sky.
There it was again... He sniffed the air, and looked around quickly.
There was a clean, mellow scent on the wind; it reminded Jasper somewhat of pine needles. "Yeah, I have a question. Do you know someone called January? Has he been through here? If it helps, he has bright, white hair."

While almost abnormally good at hiding and staying anonymous, January surely wasn't a ghost. Jasper still desperately clung to the memories he had of his friend as he once was long ago; funny, kind, innocent- his January.

But the white-haired male had obviously changed since then. January was a silent figure only sometimes making his way through these lands, and bore the aura and appearance of a specter stepping over its own corpse. The male's name was often barely a whisper on the wind among tight-knit circles that had seen his power first-hand and lived to tell the tale. His appearance- long, black cat with leather decal, black face-scarf covering his nose, mouth, and slung over an ear to cover his left eye, and the shock of white hair above all of the black was hard to miss, but even harder to follow or approach.
Because of this, he is often known as the Kantai Ghost, or the Eyepatch Ghost, to those who have seen him in their back-alleys and simply couldn't understand...[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]Jay looked at Jasper, then put a hand under his chin, making it appear as though he was thinking. He nodded from time to time too for about a full minute before finally looking up at Jasper again.

"Nope! Never seen him!"

Penelope laughed a bit nervously. "Well... I guess that solved THAT problem."

"Yes, quite. By the way Penelope, why are you here? Did you just come to visit?"

"No, actually we're looking for more people to join our team. We're looking for someone and this person is really strong. If we don't form a stronger group then we might not be able to face them..."

"Oooo so you're like... going to lead an army into battle? Awesome!" Jay said gleefully.

"Oi!" Called out an angry voice. "Jr, what are you doing over there?"

A man stormed over, having the same colored hair as Jay but with red eyes instead. He was taller than Jay and seemed quite older. He was obviously irritated by something.

"Jr, you're supposed to train for becoming a full fledged nightm- ...YOU!!" The man yelled, pointing at Penelope. "Not you again! I thought you wouldn't return but you have!" The man seemed to be... growling? "Did you come back here for a fight? Well bring it on sister!" The man then got into a silly-looking stance, holding up his fists as if getting ready to fight. Penelope only sighed and facepalmed.

"Well everyone... meet Jr.'s father... Shadow."

Backfire hissed at shadow. "You don't want to fight us, bro. We'll kick your ass!"

Jay seemed to be embarrassed. He blushed and hunched over, trying to hide himself. "Dad, please just calm down... you're causing an embarrassment."[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary Jasper, white, dashed, 10"][bg=#404040]
"Damn..." Jasper cursed under his breath.
Finnick was grimly silent, sure that January wasn't alive and that Jasper was being too much of an optimist.

Zachary chuckled at the scene unfolding before him, and shifted his weight around a bit in an attempt to make carrying Jasper a bit more comfortable.

"It's a pleasure, Mr. Shadow."

Jasper grumpily mumbled something, and Finnick smiled nervously.[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]Suddenly, Penelope sharply inhaled and held her head, almost as if she was in pain. Memories started flowing back to her. She remembered what happened in the house when they were coming here. First she saw possessed Haku... and then Shadow came in and ripped something from her stomach. Shadow and Jay looked at each other, confused as to why Penelope suddenly seemed to be in pain, Jay expressing a bit more concern than his father. Suddenly Penelope shot up and charged at lightning speed towards Shadow. The male didn't have time to move or even react to what was happening before Penelope grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him close.

"What the F*CK did you tear out of me in that house back there?" She snarled. "I'll give you 3 seconds to hand it over, or else I'll be taking a part of YOU with me this time."

Shadow raised his hands to show he meant no harm. "Whoa! What are you talking about? I don't have anything of yours! And what house?"

"The one linking this area to Halloween Town!"

Jay decided to but-in before Penelope would hurt his father. "Girl, he's been with me this whole time. There's no way he was in that house with you."

Penelope looked up at Jay, eyes widening a bit. She looked so confused, so baffled as to who that could have been then. She let go of Shadow, and backed up a few steps. Brushing himself off from Penelope's assault, Shadow spoke to Penelope, seeming a little angry now... not at her though.

"You mean... someone else is after your dream-energy? Bastard! That's my job! No one takes Penelope's dream-energy without my permission!"

Jay covered his face with one hand and groaned. "Dad... stop..."[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

Everybody was worried when Penelope suddenly clutched her head and appeared to be in pain, but Finnick reacted first. He reached out a semi-webbed hand, trying to comfort her, however the girl was already gone and charging at the Nightmare. "Oi!" Finnick called after her, afraid she might start a fight.

"Huh, so it was you that I had chased at the house..." Zachary exhaled, it sounded like a disappointed sigh. "In that case, it isn't a pleasure."

Finnick lost his smile, and asked, "Yeah, but all the stuff in that house was an illusion right? Penelope didn't actually get hurt...?"

But Jasper cut in, annoyed that the blonde had forgotten his injury. "Hey... it might have seemed like an illusion, but look-" He leaped off of Zachary's back not-very-gracefully, stumbled a bit, and pointed to the wound on his stomach, still oozing blood. "That means that Penelope's dream-energy was definitely stolen. And whatever it was, it was strong. This isn't healing like it's supposed to for me."

"The entity that is possessing that house might have done it. I doubt someone from the outside came in just for that." Zachary put a hand to the chin of his mask, appearing to be deep in thought. "I have no idea what kind of curse lies in that place..."[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]"From what I remember, only part of this dream-energy was stolen..."

"Yeah, they couldn't have stolen all of her energy because otherwise she would be a completely emotionless zombie." Shadow said, beginning to smirk. "Without part of your energy Penelope... you will be weak. You can't use your powers to the fullest."

"W-What!?" The girl squawked. What the hell did he mean she couldn't use her powers to the fullest?

"Yes... so I propose something."

"No." Penelope didn't want to hear it. "I'm not making any deals with a guy who tried hurting me for many years over and over again. No way in hell!" She crossed her arms and turned on her heals, turning her back on him.

"I know Penelope... but... you're after someone... aren't you?" Penelope turned back around again to face the nightmare, surprised. She hadn't told him anything.

"I know you... and I know you're after someone very strong... very powerful... your friends could get hurt, and you won't be able to do a thing about it. Is that what you want? To watch friends die before your eyes and be unable to help? Useless?" His words struck hard. He knew that she's all about protecting her friends... the thought of watching them die, one-by-one, and being unable to stop it terrified her.

"Fine... what do you.. propose?"

The male nightmare grinned. "You know how I would try and take your dream-energy and replace it with dark energy to make you... one of us? How about I give you some of that just to fill up the missing space. It'll give you power... and it won't make you a nightmare, because you still have some of your dream-energy left. You can return the dark energy to me once you get the rest of your dream-energy back."

It sounded like a risky decision... but did she really have a choice? It didn't seem like it.

"What do you have to gain from this?"

"Nothing," Shadow stated plainly. "Let's just say I have a feeling I know who you are out to kill... and I wouldn't... mind if she was dead. So I'm willing to help."

Shadow knows about Akuma and wants her dead? Well that's new. Penelope wondered what was the history between the two and why Shadow wanted her dead in the first place.

"Fine. I accept. But keep your word, demon. I'll have an army gathered... and we'll destroy you if you don't keep your end of the deal."

"Deal. So give me your arm..."

Penelope did as told. Shadow took her arm and began saying some sort of incantation while hovering his hand above her open palm. Soon, a black substance started to fall from his hand and onto hers. It sank into her skin, and she could feel it going into her veins and to her blood stream. Once Shadow was done, he let go of her.

"There. All set. Now go... and good luck to you."

Backfire grumbled to herself while on Penelope's shoulder... mumbling something like, "Yeah, whatever b*tcheloid."

So the group began to leave the school... what shall happen next, I wonder? Maybe something good... maybe something bad. Who knows.[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

((That was a really crappy way to end my post but I didn't know how else to end it! >.< hurgh))

"I have a bad feeling about this," came a warning from Fin, who nervously shifted his gaze between Penelope and the Nightmare. But what could he do? It was Penelope's decision if she wanted the power or not.
Jasper was back on Zachary's back, and weakly offered, "Hey, it might even be a good idea. I mean look at the friendship One-eye and his former Nightmare share... I wish more people could be like that."

Finnick wasn't flattered even one bit. "Stop calling me One-eye, you asshat!"

They filed out of the building, and by then, Finnick had turned back to normal and collected his empty, plastic gallon. It was always draining using his power, and the blonde grew silent as he waited for his energy to recharge. But then, Jasper offered the most wonderful idea he had heard so far, "Hey, why don't we find a hotel or something, eh? I could really use a rest. By morning I should be all nice and healed, and hopefully we could eat something... I don't know, it's just a suggestion."
Finnick beamed, "I like the hell out of that idea!"[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]Penelope grinned from ear to ear. She liked the idea too. "Yeah! Let's find a place to stay!" She looked around. "Uh... lead the way? I haven't been to any hotels in this place so... I don't know where any are. Ehhh sorry?" Well that's just lovely.

Backfire sighed in annoyance. "I think I know of a place... follow me." She hopped off of Penelope's shoulder and began leading the group towards a hotel.[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[fieldbox="Hanson, White, dashed, 10"]He watched as the group started walking towards a hotel... and found himself curious and impatient. He wanted to get to know the group better... and waiting was no fun. He thought about possibly going into the hotel to see what they were up to, since he couldn't hear what they were talking about from his current position. It wouldn't hurt, right? After all, he was in a new body. No one should recognize him... right? He wasn't sure. He thought about just getting slightly closer to find out what they are up to, then quickly leaving so that no one would catch onto him.

Yeah... maybe he'd do that.[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

The boys followed Backfire with haste.

Zachary was growing tired of having Jasper on his back, and combined with the heat of Florida and the heat of the boy's body, he began to sweat under the mask. He hoped wherever they were going, it would be close.

Finnick was smiling- he liked the tropical look of the place, and he silently prayed they could stay here a bit longer. The sun was bright and warm, and big palm trees bore shuddering massive fronds in the wind. He wondered if there would be a beach nearby they could go to, even though the though sparked guilt in his gut. Finnick had spent long enough avoid the Nightmares and not fighting. He figured it was about time he made a stand against the darkness residing in the Dreamland.[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Backfire and Penelope, White, dashed, 10"]Penelope checked in with the front desk and got a key. She looked back at the boys and called over her shoulder to them.

"Do you guys need another key or are we all staying in one room?"

As Penelope was asking the guys some questions, a tall male figure walked up beside her, checking in and grabbing a key as well. Backfire, who was in Penelope's arms, looked up at the man who smiled gently down at her, his eyes sparkled in the light. He had a strange aura about him... one that told Backfire that this was a very kind man. He felt oddly familiar... the way he smiled, the way he spoke, the way he moved... she wondered if they hadn't met somewhere before. Penelope didn't happen to notice the man herself, and before she could, the man walked away. Backfire studied his features. He had lavender and pistachio colored hair, which was unique but also beautiful. He wore some sort of uniform... maybe he was a guard to the dream land gates, or was working for the dream land express.

"Hey! Earth to Backfire!" Penelope raised an eyebrow at the little Pikachu. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah..." Backfire said softly, her eyes still wandering after the man until he disappeared from sight.

"If you say so... anyways, let's go and take a rest. It's been a wild journey so far... and we should probably treat Jasper's wounds since they aren't healing."

"Right..."[bg=#404040][/bg][/fieldbox]

(( Skipping to in the room ))

The room was rather spacious, and came with a small kitchenette for cooking purposes. White walls and minimalist curtains made the whole place feel clean and modern. There was a king sized bed, and two separate queen-sized beds at the other end of the main room. A flat-screen T.V. was mounted atop a wall, and in front of it were two arm chairs and a love seat- it was like a mini living-room in the corner of the big, main room. Opposite the mini-living room was a big wall of glass, and a sliding door leading to the balcony. The kitchenette was hidden behind a half-wall, and was composed of a small over and burners, two oak-wood cabinets, a fridge, and a water-boiler.

Finnick practically squealed in excitement when he entered, nearly imploding Jasper's eardrums. "This place is amazinggg~" He immediately tackled the love-seat, while Zachary let Jasper plop off his back and into onto of the queen-sized beds. "Shit, I'm gonna get blood on this... Eh, whatever." He reclined back, crossing his legs at the ankle.
Zachary went to the kitchen and retrieved a carving knife. Seeing the sharp blade in his hand, Jasper panicked a bit. "H-hey! What're you gonna do with that?" Zachary chuckled. "I'm cutting off your temporary dressing. Being someone who regenerates wounds almost instantly myself, I believe I may be able to understand problems regarding instant regeneration better than the others."
With a swift flick of the dainty wrist, the 'bandages' were off. Zachary began to lift the blood-soaked shirt off of the wound, earning him a pained groan from Jasper. "Oh, this will hurt a bit. It seems the shirt is stuck to the wound."

Without a second of hesitation or worry, Zachary ripped the two apart, bearing Jasper's yell of pain and thrashing.
The wound now exposed, Zachary turned to the group politely. "May someone bring me some water?"
[/bg][/fieldbox]

(( Ouch. Poor Jasper. >>" It hurt to write this, LOL. ))

Status
Not open for further replies.