Alice in Dreamland

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Penelope and Backfire, White, 10"][bg=#404040]Since Michi had put Jay down, as to not hurt him in battle, Backfire and Penelope ran over to him and hauled him up, putting each of his arms around their shoulders. It made it hard to move with him, but they still managed to go pretty quickly through the door. Once everyone was through, everything went white. It was such a bright day out outside. Marley reached up to shield his eyes, and so did Backfire.

Penelope, meanwhile, grinned. They could progress.

"We made it!" She bellowed, then her smile quickly faded afterwards. "Is everyone here? We aren't missing anyone are we?" She quickly did a head count, remembering to include Felicia since she was a new member to the party... then let out a sigh of relief when she saw everyone was there, expect for Michi and Hunter. She knew that they'd stop fighting once they realized everyone has already gone through the gate. They were too close to each other to keep fighting on.

"Okay everyone... We must head to out next destination now. We can either rest first or go through this next gate. The dome gate. It's a gate that's much much easier to pass through... but if you still want to take a break after everything that has happened in this gate we just passed through, I understand. I am quite tired as well." She paused to wait to hear what everyone had to say. Then Backfire spoke up.

"If we want to rest, we can rest at the school that is close by to the dome gate. It's really large and has many rooms that we can use. So what are we doing guys? Are we resting or moving forward and THEN resting? We can rest after passing this gate too. The gate leads to Xonnen... and I'm sure Calix will let us stay at his place."[/bg][/fieldbox][bg=#404040][/bg][bg=#404040]

((I forgot Michi was carrying Jay lmao))[/bg]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
((I guess I will then pause everything with Penelope and the gang to introduce some new characters and start another story line that happens along the original))

[fieldbox="Shiro, White, 10"][bg=#404040]Plowing through the snow, wrapping her scarf around her face to keep the cold from biting her cheeks, a lone Alice wanders a desolate part of dream land, in search of something. By her side, a furry creature with big ears and fur as pure and white as the snow around them. It looks up at her with it's big blue eyes and twitches its nose at her. She gives it a half smile, not really trying. She couldn't bring herself to smile right now. She was too tired. Her neutral had vanished without a trace. She had to find them.

All Alices are capable of finding a neutral. Some find friendships in former nightmares or dream entities. Rarely nightmares. But for some reason... in most cases, neutrals were attracted to the presence of the Alices. She couldn't point out why. It was just a phenomenon that happened.

The white haired girl came to a halt and dropped to her hands and knees, exhausted. Her sudden collapse startled the creature that followed by her feet, and it quickly scuttled closer to her to make sure she was alright.

[GLOW=Aqua]"I'm fine Snowbi... I just... need a break."[/GLOW] The creature's ears dropped in response.

[GLOW=Aqua]"We'll... we'll find him. I know we will. He can't be that far now, right? After all, we did look in every area... well unless new areas opened up."[/GLOW] She pet Snowbi's head and let it cuddle up to her.

[GLOW=Aqua]"I hope that's not the case but what else can we do but keep looking?"[/GLOW]

I won't stop. Not until I find him.[/bg][/fieldbox]

((Jea, I'm just introducing this character for later. Drop your character into any part of the dream world and I'll make characters from that area interact with them... pick wherever you like! ^.^))

At first, all I can see is darkness, but then a small glimmer of light appears, slowly enveloping the darkness. I assume the light will overtake it, but then I notice they combine, combine into a silverish grey color. I feel comfortable with that thought. I wonder where I am, who I am, where I've come from, and why I'm even able to think right now.

Water? I say as I hear the sound of water around me, I open my eyes for what feels like the first time. Water? I say again a bit confused. I'm in a wooden boat, flowing down a river. I feel like I know where I am, but the name eludes me. I'm at a gate? Why do I seem to know this? I have a lot to learn, but it seems the river is taking me where it wants to. Maybe this is Fate leading me to help me find the answers that I'm looking for.

I close my eyes and lie back down as the river flows me towards where my journey will begin.

[Water Garden]

18590d2a40bbc1baad47a5d58622619a.jpg

[fieldbox="Jack and Ayumi, White, 10"][bg=#404040] A loud splash then came from the side of the boat, followed by a loud screech.

"Jack! Oh jesus are you okay!? I told you to not go that way you moron!"

A male with light blue hair then emerged from the water, coughing and shaking his head. Once he recollected himself he grinned up at the girl and gave her a thumbs up, showing her that he was okay. She let out an annoyed sigh before looking past the male to see a boat with a man in it.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! We nearly knocked over your boat." The blue haired male looked a bit uncomfortable for some reason. "A-Ah! Jeez, I'm the moron now for forgetting... Jack lost his voice so he's mute. I'm sure he would apologize too but... Well I'll just have to do it for him. We're both really sorry!" She said as she pulled a soaking wet Jack out of the water. "Hey... you aren't from here are you? Um... what is your name? I'm Ayumi and this guy right here..." she said, roughly patting Jack on the back, making him cough and choke on the air. "... is Jack. We're both former-nightmares but we decided to travel a bit outside of Halloween Town which is where we live. It's nice here, isn't it? Really pretty... especially with all the dream entities that dwell in the water. It makes me sometimes wish I was a dream too..." Ayumi sighed dreamily before shaking her head, coming back to reality.

"So sorry for daydreaming like that. May we ask what you're doing here?"[/bg][/fieldbox]

When he arrived, he was never expecting this.

A HUGE castle with what looked to be diamond and quartz stairs, with a magnificent fountain in the middle of a broad, glorious courtyard.

"Welp, In all of the two years I've been in the dream world, I... have no idea why I haven't been here." The boy stuttered in awe. He had never been to this part of the dream world, so this was uncharted territory for him. He sensed many different types of waves around him, some he couldn't even depict yet. He glanced down at the orange stone on the gauntlet he'd found two years earlier.

I wonder who I'll encounter here... He thought to himself silently. His mission? To find out as much as he can about the dream world, and protect his friends from... them. Well uh, friends... he hadn't really made many friends at all... I mean, well, there were people he helped out here and there... but, ya'know? No people he could stick around with.

He didn't know what was coming for him. AT ALL.

[fieldbox="Umi, White, 10"][bg=#404040]"Waaaaaah!" A girl with short blue hair came charging towards Mikhel, flailing about. She wasn't looking where she was going and ran straight into Mikhel with a loud 'oof!' before falling backwards onto her backside.

"Owww...." She groaned and held her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "That huuurrtt..."

The girl looked up and gasped, realizing she also knocked the boy she ran into back as well. Quickly, she got up and began apologizing frantically.

"I'm so, so, so sorry! I wasn't looking... I... I didn't mean to..." She stopped apologizing for a second to look at the man on the ground and then shyly held a hand out to him.

"U-Um... Hi... I'm Umi. I'm sorry for bumping into you like that. I was running from-" Her eyes then widened with the realization that she completely forgot that she was running from someone.

Once Mikhel was up on his feet she swiftly went around to hide behind him.

"P-Please help me. It's Patrizia. S-She found out that I covered up for her partner Italo... He's supposed to be hunting with her but he wanted to slack off a bit and go talk to Marley. H-He told me he would be back soon but it's been so long since he returned. Patrizia found out that I lied about where he is and now she's m-mad."

Mad? More like furious. Enraged. Patrizia was making her way around the castle, stomping hard onto the ground with each step as she made her way to the place Umi and Mikhel were currently standing.[/bg][/fieldbox]

Mikhel was just a little bit phased by Umi knocking him over. His first reaction was anger, but the girl looked like she neded help. He snickered a little.

"Ha ha! Nah, you're fine! Although are you ok?" He said with laughter in his voice. Then, he noticed something else, fear on her face.

"So, who's this Patrizia girl? You said you had lied to her, so I'm not surprised shes mad... maybe we can work things out with her?" He tried to compromise, but he didn't know if it was any use.

Suddenly, he got the best sounding idea to him.

"Well i don't know, but does this girl you speak of like practice battles? I could give her a hard time there!" He said with confidence.

He tried to say his greetings to Patrizia, but he didn't know if it was any use.

((*Randomly leaps in gracefully, and twirls around like a handicapped ballerina* I AM BACK. DO NOT PANIC.

ALSO MY CHARACTERS ARE DIFFERENT \(;w;)/ ))

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary and Jasper, white, dashed, 10"]Finnick offered up a gentle smile. "Er, I personally think we should keep going - ow." Finnick felt a glancing blow to the top of his head, and looked up to glare at Jasper, who's tail was swishing around angrily behind him. He had karate-chopped the blonde boy in the head. "Hell no, come on. After all that shit with the weird kid with the scythe, I think we need to relax for a while."Finnick fixed his glasses before pouting, but said nothing in response.

Zachary suddenly clutched his chest, and hissed in pain. "That... That kid isn't sitting well with me...." Yeah, well, technically Zachary had eaten the boy. All of a sudden, the masked man's voice rose up from the surrounding sounds of the city-streets again, "His name was Aloysius. He had a strange sister." The black-haired male suddenly clutched the straps of his backpack and stiffened. Worry welled up in Fin's stomach - what was happening to the former nightmare?
[/fieldbox]

(( Sorry for the meh post, but I need to get my bearings lol. ))

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Umi & Patrizia, White, 10"][bg=#404040]"Out of the way, boy! I have business with this girl." Patrizia boomed as she stormed up to the two of them. This caused Umi to shrink back and shudder behind Mikhel.

"P-Patrizia I'm really sorry please don't hurt me!"

The other girl scoffed and smirked. "Hurt you? No I wouldn't do that." Then her expression turned sinister. [GLOW=White]"I'm going to fucking kill you for letting Italo sneak out. Oh and don't worry... I'll punish him too later once I find him."[/GLOW] Patrizia then laughed insanely before getting out two pistols that she held in each hand. She twirled them about for a moment before pointing them directly at Mikhel and Umi.

"Come on, don't hide behind someone. Fight like a true warrior!"

"I-I don't fight! Waaahhh! Help meeeeee!" Umi squealed behind Mikhel, pushing him forward a bit to confront the angry girl in front of him.

"Eh!? Come on... fine. I'll fight this guy then. I'll have to warn you though. I'm a demon hunter. I like to play rough. So watch out." She smirked once more, devilishly.

"Bring it on, punk!"[/bg][/fieldbox]

((Patrizia kind of reminds me of Undyne a bit lol))

[fieldbox="Penelope Backfire Felicia Jay and Marley, White, 10"][bg=#404040]Backfire looked at Zachary and frowned. "You knew who that was? And... his sister too?" She looked down at the ground, lowering her voice. "Who was he and why... why did he attack us? Is it just because we're with two Alices? He just wanted to kill them? And is his sister going to come after us now since we... we..." She didn't like the idea that they killed someone but that's exactly what they did. Sure, he was a bad guy. But still... it didn't sit well with Backfire.

She jumped when she felt Penelope lay a hand on her shoulder, and looked up into her emerald eyes. They were so soft and kind. "Backfire... It's okay. I know this was hard but... Well... we still have more of the journey up ahead. So just hang in there, okay? We'll try keeping a low profile so this doesn't happen again."

That doesn't necessarily guarantee that it won't happen anyways, but...

Jay then spoke up, sounding quite tired. "Let's just rest. I'm tired after using so much of my energy as well... I never really used my nightmare form like that. So... it took a lot out of me. And I'm sure everyone else is just as tired. It would be best to find a safe place to rest. Shall we find another hotel or...?"

"Well... There is a school here. It's near the next gate. There are a lot of rooms in the school actually so we can rest there and then go straight to the gate that is right outside of this school."

"Then lets go!" Marley belowed in excitement. Shortly after...

Gurgle gurgle.

His stomach began rumbling.

"Ugh... I'm hungry too. Is there food there? Maybe some fish?" He asked as one of his cat ears twitched at the thought of some delicious smoked salmon. Penelope giggled in response.

"Of course. So, let's go everyone."

~~~

Meanwhile, Felicia was observing the group. Everyone seemed so happy... but something about Backfire, had caught her attention. She wasn't sure what it was about this girl, other than the fact that they are very similar entities... but something was... off. Behind Backfire's smile and energy, was something she was keeping hidden. Felicia decided to keep observing Backfire as they made their way through dreamland.[/bg][/fieldbox]

((Get ready for some feels yo! Also I can't find any pictures that look like Penelopeeee the one I put here is the closest I got to how I imagine her. Just minus the cat ears lol.))

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary and Jasper, white, dashed, 10"]Everything seemed to be going well. Jasper was beaming his fanged grin, and Zachary was being as enigmatic as always.

Finnick glanced around curiously, noting the beautiful architecture of the distorted land around him - he could tell that the city was old by the flourishes in the carved stone, and old cobblestone streets. Finally, after rounding a corner, they came upon a large building. It looked like a school, and it must have been - judging by the green banners hanging outside of the door.

Jasper's tail flicked up and whipped in the air, moving to signify his excitement. "This looks like an important place..."

Finnick shrugged. "It's a school. A place where people go to not end up dumb, like you."

"Shut up, one-eye! You're the one that's dumb!" Jasper growled, reaching up to karate-chop Finnick again. "Ow~! Stop that!"

Zachary suddenly clutched his chest again, and stumbled away from the rest of the group. Something was serious wrong - it felt as if his heart was on fire - it bubbled in his chest like a witch's brew, bubbled with some wicked, wyrd strangeness. Finnick yelped and clutched his hip. "Ah... My scar..." He looked up and glanced at Zachary just in time to catch a glimpse of the sloshing black, tar-like substance fleeing from under the other's mask, out of his mouth and down the front of his shirt. "Z-Zach?!"[/fieldbox]

Mikhel had a smirk on his face, "Welp, see ya sucker." He threw an energy ball at Patrizia.

"You're gonna WISH you hadn't messed with me!", He smiled and charged another.

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Penelope Backfire Felicia Jay and Marley, White, 10"][bg=#404040]Everyone turned their attention to Zachery now, eyes all widening in horror at the sight of black goo coming out of the former nightmare.

"Z-Zachery!" Backfire screeched in unison with Finn.

Both her and Felicia ran up to Zachery to see what was wrong. Felicia seemed to be a bit confused as well. Then an expression of realization spread across her face. She looked back at the rest of the group and began to speak, giving everyone orders.

"Quickly! Lie Zachery on the ground and have him on his side. Make sure he can cough out the substance and not possibly inhale it, otherwise he won't be able to breath. Marley, go inside and see if you can get something for him to drink and see if anyone is inside the building who can help." She turned back to look at Zachery who was now being laid onto the ground.

"I think this might be a side affect after eating that nightmare... maybe... this stuff is the energy found in nightmares..."

Penelope could feel something inside her pulse to life. It was a small feeling... but a feeling non the less. She brushed the feeling off as just being scared for Zachery's well being, although that isn't what that feeling was...[/bg][/fieldbox]

((HINT HINT MIGHT BE CONNECTED TO ZACHERY. Maybe... Maybe maybe.))

[fieldbox="Umi & Patrizia, White, 10"][bg=#404040]The blow hit Patrizia and knocked her back a bit, but she dug her heels into the ground so she wouldn't fall. Dust kicked up from the ground as Patrizia's smirk grew.

"Alright tough guy. Let's see how you hold up against this!"

Her eyes flashed a brighter ruby red color before her body faded into a darker black color. Her appearance glitched before she vanished into thin air. Running around invisibly, she ran behind Mikhel before reappearing and round house kicking, aiming straight for his lower back.

Umi gasped and covered her eyes, not wanting to see if the blow would hit Mikhel or not[/bg][/fieldbox]

((Alright everyone. I'm updating the OOC page with something pretty important as well. It's going to be an update of the original first post. The one of Zachery and Finnick and all. I'm going to transfer some information to the original post there, shorten things up, organize it, and add RULES. Now, the reason why I'm adding rules is not to restrict a whole bunch of stuff in the roleplay, but rather to make sure that maximum fun can be achieved! I know that sounded corny lol. They aren't really strict rules so you don't need to worry about that. This is just to make sure that no problems arise really since more people are now in this roleplay. ;) So yep! Make sure to read that when I'm done! I'll let ya know when its finished guys~ Happy roleplaying!))

The blow hit Mikhel with a loud smack. It hurt him, but he recovered quickly.

"Well, a simple vanish... I can deal with that."

One of his eyes flashed a ruby red color, like hers. Then, he vanished.

"You're waves are VREY simple to replicate... you should try working on that."

He aimed with a punch across her face and kicked right for her legs attempting to knock her down.

He reappeared behind her and then threw an energy ball at her. Then smiled and said "A little of you're own medicine huh?"

He chuckled and taunted, "What's coming next?"

[fieldbox="Umi & Patrizia, White, 10"][bg=#404040]Patrizia bent backwards and away from the punch but couldn't avoid being knocked to the ground. She pushed herself off the ground and landed back onto her feet acrobatically. She quickly spun around to see the ball of energy being flung straight at her. Her eyes widened and she tried to dodge but it hit her in the shoulder, knocking her only the ground once more. She rolled a few feet away, kicking up dust once more.

Umi screeched and ran up in between the two. "Stop! Please! An Alice shouldn't be fighting against a dreamer! Aren't Alice's meant to protect dreams, dreamers, and the land that we are all in? You both shouldn't be fighting!"

Patrizia sat up off of the ground and looked passed Umi at Mikhel. "Yeah! What she said.~"

"You too Patrizia... you shouldn't be attacking an Alice. After all, Alices protect our world, and people like you who enter it!"

Patrizia puffed out her cheeks stubbornly. "Psh... He isn't really Alice-like if you ask me...." She mumbled under her breath. Umi sighed in response and turned to Mikhel.

"S-Sorry about this... She's a bit hot-headed b-but she's really a nice person when you get to know her!" The blue haired girl leaned in to whisper. "Her bark is worse than her bite, trust me."

"I heard that!" Patrizia piped up, sounding irritated.

Umi chuckled a bit. "See?"

Umi then held out her hand to shake the hand of the man before her. "Maybe you caught our names already but I'm Umi and she's Patrizia. And you are?"[/bg][/fieldbox]

((I know you like the idea of battles Mikhel, so I had an idea for something epic that could happen. Would work better if you have Patrizia and Italo with you though, so that's why I'm doing this ;D))

[fieldbox="Finnick and Zachary, white, dashed, 10"]Zachary let the others lays him down, and he coughed and spluttered against the fluid until his head was turned to the side, and it finally flowed freely. Finnick pushed his way past the other to kneel beside the male, and prepared to take the defensive in case anyone tried to remove the former nightmare's mask.

After all, it was the only thing keeping his darkness at bay.

"Oh shit," Zachary cursed, and reached up to hold onto the cloth of Finnick's pants. "Mon dieu, It hurts." The blonde boy pouted in worry and fear, and grasped the tightly balled fist in his shaking hands. "Hold on Zach, it'll be ok..." And all of a sudden, like a scene from Alien, something burst forth from Zachary's chest and splattered Finnick in black ooze - a pale hand, small like a boy's. It grasped the air, and Zachary cried out as ooze bubbled and broiled out from around the foreign limb. Was it Alloys, back from the dead like some kind of terrible revenant? Finnick screeched as the hand reached up and suddenly grasped Zachary's mask.

And tugged it off.

In a second, a horrible, horrible aura - the feeling one would get if they stood in their own, mossy grave, emitted forth from the male and drowned Finnick. Such deep darkness... His hip - oh God, that pain! But before he could focus on it, the unmasked face of the male captured his attention. He had never seen Zachary's face before - he was handsome, despite his jaw clutched tight with pain, and mouth blackened from paint-thick sludge. "Finnick! My mask!" It was too late - the hand had retreated back to wherever it had come from, and the ask was nowhere in sight. "It's gone, what do I..." He trailed off as the other's eyes suddenly changed - black holes, with two yellow, ember-like irises smoldering in their sockets. They settled over Finnicks face with a hungry, vampiric look - it was too late.

Something needed to cover Zachary's face... Anything. "Oh crap..."

As a last-ditch effort, Finnick reached up for his glasses, took them off, and placed them over the bridge of Zachary's nose. The demonic-looking male blinked in confusion before the yellow irises receded and the tarry-dark eyes became normal again. "How the hell did that work...?" He asked, and Zachary suddenly barked in relieved laughter.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Penelope Backfire Felicia Jay and Marley, White, 10"][bg=#404040]Penelope and the others froze when Zachary's face changed like that. It even scared Backfire so much that she converted back into her pikachu form and hid behind Penelope's legs.

"W-Wha..." Penelope stuttered, trying to find the right words to express what was currently going through her head. "What was that? Why did...? Z-Zachary... Are you alright?"

"Holy hell Zach, is THAT why you have a mask??" Backfire pipped up rather loudly. "Whoa..." Backfire took a better look at Zachary's face before mumbling, "you're pretty hot actually..." to herself.

Marley then came back with water and ruffled up hair. "I got... huff... the water... haa... Do you know what happened when I entered the building!? Everyone turned to me and started petting me... the nerve of these people!" It took a few seconds for Marley to notice a certain difference in the current scenario. "... Whoa wait is that Zach?" He knelt down beside Finnick to look at Zach's face. "So that's what you look like... huh..." he commented casually, paying no attention to the black sludge that was everywhere. Ever so calmly, Marley handed Zachary the water before getting up and walking over to Jay. As if nothing happened.

Jay face palmed at how oblivious Marley was and whispered to the other male, "Welcome to the party, you dingus..."

Felicia seemed to be deep in thought. "What was that hand just now...? Was it the foe you fought back at the gate? Or was that a product of this nightmare energy that seems to be flowing within Zachary? He is a former nightmare, yes? So he should already have some within him... so then... how come this seemed to have affected him? Maybe... this isn't what I think it is..."[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary Jasper, white, dashed, 10"]Zachary coughed as he slowly sat up, and as he lifted his hands to touch the new glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose, the black sludge began to evaporate into dark tendrils of smoke, rising into the air. Finnick coughed and backed away - the stuff tasted like soot in his lungs and made his head ache. Zachary turned to Felicia, "Like I said, that runt didn't really... Agree with me," He sighed and wiped his mouth on the back of a pale hand.

"I guess I have some explaining to do..." The male then uttered as he took the water from Marley with gentle gratitude in his eyes. "That mask... Is something I was forced to wear long ago. I could take it off at will... But, when I hurt Finni- Fin," He quickly corrected, almost uttering the males true name, "I lost control of the energy, and it became the only thing keeping me... Relatively human. I guess it wasn't the mask... I guess I need just need something to cover my face, and that's all. If I had known sooner, I wouldn't have had to wear that... Mark of the devil." His meaning was cryptic, and only the male knew what he truly meant by those words - all members of the White Rabbit's Court were to wear such masks in the presence of the Alices... And now, without the damned thing on his face, Zachary truly felt free from the darkness of that organization.

Finnick stood up and reached down with a hand to help Zachary up. "Well, it's a good thing we're taking a break now, I guess."

Jasper stood glowring in the corner, and sheathed his sword before crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Geez, that was flippin' terrifying... I thought I'd have to fight again without taking a nap first..." The male turned to Felicia with a trademark frown. "What do you mean? What'd you think, that these two weren't going to constantly find themselves in some kind of weird-ass trouble?"[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Penelope Backfire Felicia Jay and Marley, White, 10"][bg=#404040]"I see..." Felicia remarked, still deep in thought. "No no, not at all. I suspected that they would run into danger. Most of us here are subject to the dangers of dreamland. I just didn't expect a nightmare to affect a former nightmare so negatively, since former nightmares do still have at least some amounts of the same energy as normal nightmares do. Hm..."

"Well, it doesn't matter now. We should head inside and rest... and maybe Zachary could take a hot bath after that episode of his. He might need it." Jay was still sounding as calm as always despite everything happening around him. "We all need this rest. We've been through a lot so far. So, let's find a room and then head to the gate that leads to Xonnen."

"Yeah, I want some good fish to eat too..." Marley said, slightly drooling at the thought. Jay responded by sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose. Why on earth was he friends with this guy again? Well... he knew the reason... It happened by chance a long time ago when he had somehow 'wandered' from dreamland and ended up in a very dark and dreary place. He had thought he was in the nightmare realm, but it had a different feeling to it. He found a castle... and Marley was inside it... The boy lead him out and back to dreamland.

"Jay?" Penelope's voice called out gently, snapping the male out of his reminiscent daydream. "Are you alright?"

The boy shook his head and smiled back politely. "I'm fine, Penelope. I was just remembering something from a while back. It's nothing important though. Come... let's go inside, shall we?"

The girl nodded, still grinning from ear to ear at Jay before turning on her heels and moving towards the building with the others. She helped Zachary up with Fin to carefully lead the tired former nightmare inside. Jay watched on, smiling to himself. He's made such a strange cast of friends over the years. An Alice... a demon... and a demon hunter. He perked up for a second at the last thought. Demon hunter. That's right. He hasn't seen Italo for a while. How strange... maybe he was busy doing something? He shrugged the thought off and followed the others inside.[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="???, White, 10"][bg=#404040]Off somewhere, a man smirked to himself as he watched the group enter the school.

"My my... So this is what you two have been up to. Heh... Man... You guys are sure not a lot of fun, leaving me out of such an adventure. Welp, there's only one thing to do now..."

He spoke to himself, twirling a gun around his fingers as he continued.

"I'll just have to crash the party.~"[/bg][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Finnick Zachary Jasper, white, dashed, 10"]Zachary sighed at Felicia, shaking his head. "It's because I'm older than I remember. I ate too many of those things already - I'm a little bit more nightmare fuel from being a full-blown horror story."

When they were finally inside of the school, Finnick took a moment to look around with clear curiosity in his azure gaze. "Huh... How ironic, that we're trying to 'rest' at a school." Zachary chuckled in response, the shut his seafoam eyes for a moment as he felt Jay's gaze pass over the odd group of people around him. What a colorful cast of characters, he thought to himself. Zachary never would have imagined that he could feel anything but mild curiosity towards other entities, and here he was - each of these people had a place in his heart. This, the desire for this, was why he had left the White Rabbit's Court.

He knew it would come back to bite him in the butt one day... Especially because of what he stole from them - what he had in that precious backpack of his... That could never fall into the wrong hands. If it did, the realm he loved the most would be lost.

Finnick suddenly looked up at Jay, and offered the male a sincere smile - he always had a sense for what people were feeling. He said nothing, there was no need. "Oi, so this is a school... I don't remember being in one of these before."

Finnick giggled, "Yeah, I can tell."

"Shut up, loser!" Chop.[/fieldbox]

((I'm making a flashback because I got this idea a little while ago as to why Marley is in two stories of mine. Tell me what you think! ^.^ If you like it I'll make another flashback in a bit to explain some things further.))

[fieldbox="Jay, Purple, dotted, 10"]He could remember the time when he was only but 14 and he fell out of the dreamworld. How? He couldn't recall. He had found something strange... he reached out, touched it, and it sucked him in. Maybe it was some sort of gate... a portal to the 'waking world'. He woke up, feeling cold and alone. No one was around and darkness surrounded him, followed by a couple of old and decaying trees. He called out to his father. Nobody came. He called out to his dear friend, Penelope, who he had recently grown very fond of. She didn't come either. Maybe the 8 year old girl wasn't sleeping... Or she was somewhere else. She didn't travel anywhere else though. She was still too weak and afraid to leave the distorted reality area that he himself lived in. Jay grew desperate. He called out for Haku, who he was sure would hear him... nobody came.

He wondered if he was in the nightmare realm. No... this place was different. It had a different aura. Something he had never experienced before. Getting up and dusting himself off, he began to wander, searching for some way to return home. He walked and walked... wondering if he would find anything. He continued on for quite some time, and he was growing tired. Jay was ready to give up... but then, he saw something in the distance. A shimmer of hope leaped into his heart and danced around in his soul. It appeared as a castle, and without further hesitation, he began to run towards it. He believed it was the castle of hearts, but as he drew closer, he began to realize that is wasn't. Yes, it was a castle, but none like he's ever seen before. Parts of it were torn down and broken. Destroyed and abandoned. Forgotten. That small hope he had began to fade as the realization sunk in that no one would possibly be in such a broken down castle. But... despite that logic, something told him to go inside anyways. No one was at the gate, so he easily got in.

He wandered around inside, calling out into the darkness to see if anyone was there. Suddenly, he caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned around quickly, only to catch sight of a long, black tail disappearing into the darkness.

"H-Hello? Who's there? A-And what are you doing here?" The little nightmare called out, hoping to get some sort of answer.

"... I should be asking you those questions." Came a boy's voice. The person sounded young like Jay. Soon enough, a young boy with jet black hair, cat ears and a tail, stepped out from behind a pillar and crossed his arms. He stared at Jay with sky blue eyes that pierced the darkness. They were so bright, they almost seemed to glow...

"I... I'm Jay... W-where am I?"

"Huh? You're in hell, dude. Man... I wonder what you did to end up here!"

"H-Hell? What's that?"

The other boy seemed shocked by Jay's response. "Eh??? What do you mean, 'what's that'?? You're. In. Hell." The boy took a few steps closer to Jay, inspecting him. "Ohhh I get it! You're a new born demon, aren't you? It would make sense!"

The boy drew really close before wrapping an arm tightly around Jay's shoulders, making him wince.

"Here, I can help you get used to life in this place! Your job is to pretty much tempt humans, got it? You have to be intimidating. Bad to the bone!"

Jay put up a hand, stopping the boy. "I have to stop you right there. Did you say 'humans'? Like... people in the waking world?"

"The waking world? What's that?"

Now it was Jay's turn to look shocked. Then it dawned on him. Maybe he himself, was in the waking world.

"Listen, uh... What's your name?" Jay asked the boy.

"Marley. Marley Magnolia. Sorry, I got so excited I forgot to introduce myself!" Marley said, as he let go of Jay and bowed to him in a silly manner. Jay couldn't help but smile a bit at the other male's shenanigans.

"Okay, Marley... I need your help. I need to get to the waki- uh... to the humans... I need to find one human in particular. I don't know their true name. I only know them as Penelope. But I HAVE to find them."

"Oh? Wanting to terrorize some humans already? Well golly, aren't you an ambitious one! Alright then. I can lead you to the human world. But... if you don't know their true name, how will you find them?"

"I... have my ways." Jay knew that at this point it would be pointless explaining how he could smell Alices. He didn't even think that Marley knew what an Alice was.

"Okay! Then let's go!"[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Penelope and Backfire, White, 10"][bg=#404040]Backfire continued to poke Jay with her nose and saying his name over and over again, hoping to get his attention, but he was daydreaming way too much. Penelope giggled at the sight of Jay in such a trance that nothing seemed to snap him out of it. Not even Marley running his tail down Jay's spin did anything, besides making Jay shudder for a moment.

She couldn't help but wonder what on earth he was thinking about so intently.

She sighed and decided she would talk to the others while Backfire and Marley continued to try and get Jay to respond. She walked over to Fin and Zachary to see how they were doing.

"Hey... how are you two holding up?"[/bg][/fieldbox]

Reactions: Desu Juice
Status
Not open for further replies.