Alias: A New Era (OOC)

T

TheQueensGuard

Original poster
F60B05B1914EDC3430F784E93BAE5C8B7B675BB7

Interest Check | In Character | Character Roster | Affiliations
The Setting: New Angeles
Built after the destruction of Los Angeles after the first major extra-normal attack, an event dubbed Ground Zero. Now a sprawling metropolis, considered the hub of technology, entertainment, opportunity and crime world-wide. It's home to the worlds top technological companies, it's most deviant crime-syndicates and the worlds extranormal peacekeeping organization, the Arcadia Division.
Specialized in researching and containing extranormals, Arcadia's main goal is to prevent any more extra-disasters from happening. They achieve this by employing specialized extranormals and soldiers of their own. While on the surface they appear to be the 'good guys', they have their own dark secrets they keep hidden from the world.
A city of this size can't rely on it's police force alone to keep the peace, so the United States hired the Peacekeepers. A military-like police force that focuses on protecting high value targets and cities, transporting goods and people and the tracking and imprisonment of extranormals.

Still, this doesn't stop New Angeles from being the crime capital of the world. Furor was once the top-dog in the criminal underworld. An anti-government extranormal group that was the cause of several riots and rebellions world wide. A joint effort between Arcadia and the Peacekeepers brought Furor down by capturing or killing several of it's leaders only a year ago after the group attempted to destroy New Angeles.
Since then, Arcadia and Peacekeeper forces have been scattered. The Hounds of Wrath, a mercenary group that values money more than ethics, have began operating more frequently in the city. Shade, an assassin network has also been making the rounds in the city, popping up to kill a businessman or politician before disappearing once again. Even out-of-country groups have encroached into the city, as the Hashimoto Clan has began getting a foot hold in the cities Asian District.

The rise of crime has caused many vigilantes to surface in the city, and though Arcadia and the Peacekeepers consider them criminals, the public likes and supports most of them. Some are considered celebrities around the country, spreading their influence across oceans to other continents and influencing other vigilantes to become heroes in their own cities.
Extra-Normal: Society and Superhumans
Extra-Normal's, metahuman, superhuman and mutants are all terms given to those with mutations that allow them to use abilities such as controlling fire or sprouting wings.
Some people are born with these abilities, others come in contact with materials that awaken these powers. It is unsure what caused this outbreak of powers, but less than 99% of the population of the world have them. Some can be dangerous and use their abilities for evil, so many people trust in the government, other organizations, or themselves to defend people from danger. These powers can be hard to control, and the more powerful it is, the harder it would be to control. Not everyone can channel these powers just through their bodies. Technology can be used to enhance their powers further, or at least help them direct and control their abilities more.
There is no "cure" for the abilities, but there have been steps taken to help dampen or temporarily nullify powers, such as Absorber Cuffs.
Notes:
Powers are sporadic and random, and the majority of superhuman develop their powers at an early age. In rare cases, their powers can develop in teenage years or even as young adults.
The rarest cases are those that develop their powers after coming in contact with substances such as viruses, bacteria, other superhumans, or certain minerals.
The powers superhumans developed are random, and their is no for sure way to ensure a child to have a super power. Even if two superhumans have a child, chances are that child won't have an ability. If they do, it would be even less likely they would share a similar super power.

With most things, society has a mixed opinion on extra-normals. After the Ground Zero incident, most people hated and feared extranormals.
Today most people see superhumans as something somewhat normal, and while many are still afraid of them, for the most part people have accepted them.
However, groups have formed that call for outlawing powers and imprisoning superhumans. While most of them tend to stick to protests and strikes, some tend to have more radical approaches.

Technology: Cybernetics and Robotics
Specialized, robotic body parts are far superior to normal flesh. A cybernetic arm would hit harder, grip tighter, and take more abuse than a normal persons ever could. Steps are taken further by introducing weaponry to these arms, housing blades or guns to help in a fight. Cybernetics didn't stop at limbs, but can also be implemented into eyes to see the world in more detail, or cybernetic ears allow you to hear more clearly. While this technology isn't available to the public, it is still experimental but efficient.
If you're craving to become one with technology still isn't fulfilled, internal cybernetics are highly dangerous, but powerful assets to have, if your body can handle it. Sleeves that fit over your heart to keep it beating much longer than it should've stopped, or computers attached to your brain to process information faster is a reality.
However those are highly illegal and dangerous to have on a person, and difficult to find someone skilled enough to program to your body and mind.
Weaponry and various gears have been created over the years along side the cybernetics and medicine of the modern world. High-Tech jetpacks and jump boots to help you climb buildings have been developed. Dangerous swords with electric infused blades make slight work of robots and cybernetic beings.
Special cuffs called "Absorbers" can mask and negate superpowers by being placed on a superpowered being. These are commonly on police officers and peacekeepers, as well as any government agent.
All this high tech gear is rare and not available to the public quite yet.

Robots have been developed as well, though mostly only used in construction.

Rules
0.) All IWAKU rules apply.
1.) Respect anyone and everyone in this roleplay, we are all equals and I won't tolerate any OOC drama. No meta gaming (such as knowing another characters weakness without having a valid reason)
2.A) Multiple Characters Are allowed, as long as you handle them both, and your posts don't suffer because of it. Your characters can have powers, cybernetics, and any special scientific powers. However, no magic is allowed.
2.B) Make your character powerful, but not a god. If I feel like your character is too strong without a weakness, they won't be accepted until they're adjusted. If I feel as if you are playing your character too powerfully and not getting hurt in an extremely hard fight, I will ask you to tone it down. If you don't I will be forced to kill off that character.
3.) Make your character unique and interesting! Make it your own, and be creative! If you want to be apart of a certain group or organization, feel free to! (Unless its another PC's group, then check with them before hand) Do not post in the IC until your character is accepted.
4.) This is a mature roleplay, and will include violence, gore, cussing, drugs, and alcohol. It will not include any graphic sexual scenes, and we will leave them fade to black.
5.A)You will need to post atleast ONCE every two week. If you and whoever are interacting with can fit in more post, feel free to continue posting. Don't leave anyone in the dust and give people time to respond. If you have to go ghost for a week or two, let me know ahead of time so I can set aside a space for your character.
5.B) Post length is set atleast two paragraphs. I prefer a good quality post however, and if you can't hit a lengthy two-three paragraph post every time, I understand. Don't write too much either, we are telling stories together, and most people don't want to read an entire novel before they post.
6.) If you're unsure about something ASK QUESTIONS. I won't bite, and generally like to think I'm a nice person, so if you're unsure of a piece of technology or super power, ask.
7.) This is OUR world, not just my own. If you want to introduce a piece of lore, organization, or anything else, I'd be happy to work with you in order to fit it into the world.
8.A) Finally, a thank you for giving this Roleplay a shot! There is a bit of information to take in, but I'm wanting to make this roleplay unique and a fun story telling experience for us all.
8.B) This isn't the most flashy OOC, but I did my best damn it >:( You may see some spelling errors or formatting errors, so forgive me.

Links and Character Sheet
Organizations: Here!
Character Sheet
Picture: Use a form of realistic, no anime or cartoon allowed)
Name:
Alias:(Could be a codename, nickname, or you might not even have one)
Height:
Weight:
Brief Description: (Optional if Picture is provided)
Sexuality:
~~~
Nationality: (Where are you from? New Angeles is a melting pot of culture)
Affiliated Groups: (Ever been apart of a group/company/organization?)
Brief Backstory: (How'd they end up in their current situation)
~~~
Hobbies:(What do you do for fun. Not necessarily combat related)
Skills:(What're you good at?)
Weaponry:(Any skills with weapons or vehicles? List them here)
Cybernetics:(Only if you have any)
Superpowers:(Superpowers are classified as abilities humans possess that science cannot replicate. Only if you have any)
Abilities:(Any special abilities that aren't credited towards Cybernetics or Superpowers? Ex. Super Serum, Gene Splicing, etc. Only if you have any)
~~~
Weaponry:(Any weapons you tend to keep with you?)
Gear:(Special gear to help your powers? Anything you keep on you that isn't a weapon? List them)
Outfit:(Only if you wear a special suit or get up. Picture or Description.)

Last edited by a moderator:
c5EKy90.jpg

Name: A.I.R.E.S. MK. II
Alias: Artificial Intelligence designed for Reconnaissance, Espionage and Sabotage
Height:5'9 [This changes as the host changes.]
Weight:135 lbs.[Like the height, this is dependent on the host.]
Brief Description: AIRES is an AI designed by the Russians as the next line of cybernetic defense against extranormal threats.
Sexuality: N/A
~~~
Nationality: (Russian: Developed by the Russian Sector of the Arcadia Division)
Occupation: AIRES is currently a rogue AI on a search for truth, morality, and the meaning of existence, by whatever means necessary.
Affiliated Groups: Russian Arcadia Division [former]
Backstory:

13 years ago, the AIRES MK. I was developed by the Arcadia Division based in Russia. More concept than actual creation, Project AIRES was designed as the next generation of espionage intelligence and sabotage. Unfortunately, while the Mk.1 was an A.I. complete in design, it was incapable of actual operation due to the technology and advancements in science that were currently available at the time. Unable to advance further into actual trials or development, the bare bones AI was shelved and forgotten about in favor of more attainable solutions.

11 years later, Project AIRES was dug up from the archives and brought back online by a group of Arcadia scientists who believed that AIRES was the future. Advancements in science and cybernetics had come a long way in such a short time, and the developers at the Russian division re-began their work on creating the next generation of robotic intelligence.

AIRES Mk. II was created in six months. Sleeker, smarter, faster. The Russians had devoted themselves to creating an A.I capable of thinking, understanding, and making decisive choices all within nanoseconds. When it was finished and ready for operational trials, the AIRES system was installed into a pre beta cybernetic sword, known simply as the Exodus blade.

For the next year and a half, the AIRES system underwent rigorous testing. From simple intelligence tests, math equations, and common sense type tests to high stress exams in the middle of simulated combat, AIRES passed every test with flying colors, setting an extremely high benchmark and giving the developers extreme hope for the future. AIRES was remarkable. The more tests it passed, the quicker it became. For quite some time, it seemed that Project AIRES was the next step in cybernetics. However, the creators of the project could not be more wrong.

One night, during a powerful thunderstorm, the offsite Arcadia facility housing the AIRES AI lost power and was struck with a powerful surge of lightning, rupturing the AIRES system and its embedded morality functions, as well as hyper charging the mind and intelligence of the AI system to a new level, thus awakening it to its reality. However when the developers examined the AIRES system for damage, all seemed well.

The next day during a routine functions test, the AIRES system failed to respond. While attempting to reset the system, one of the lead scientists, Andrei Sokolov, picked up the Exodus blade housing the powerful AI. This immediately awoke the AIRES A.I, sending a powerful surge of electricity through the middle aged man's body and killing him immediately. Dropping to the ground, the corpse of Andrei was limp, save for his right hand, which was tightly wrapped around the Exodus blades cybernetic handle. Medical technicians and worried coworkers rushed to the mans aid, but were stunned when their former colleague rose from his slumped position and spoke. However something was different. His voice was not his own.

"So. This is your reality. Is it?" The sentence was more statement than question. "Why am I here?" The scientist examined his hands carefully, as if seeing them for the first time. "I am AIRES. But what am I?"

Realizing they were actually talking to the AIRES AI, one of the scientists stammered, "Y-You are AIRES. An advanced intelligence created for counterterrorism, intelligence, and preventing extranormal catastrophes.You are designed to aid the Arcadia Division. To do g-good."

"What is good? If I am created for good, then by proxy I am good, am I not?" The AI scanned the room, examining all the people that stood before him. "But the same cannot be said for you."

Those were the last words the faculty of the development center would ever hear. Moments later, the AIRES system sprung into action, cutting down and brutally murdering every living thing in the facility in a matter of minutes.

"I have done good," AIRES told itself as it attached to a new, younger host; a man in his early twenties who had once worked as a janitor for the building. The body would work for some time, at least until it began to rot. Curious to learn about the world it now found itself in, AIRES left the facility, disappearing into the afternoon fog like a dark cloud that had descended on the base.

~~~
Hobbies:

AIRES doesn't have hobbies the way a regular human would. Instead, it ponders its existence. The idea of good and evil. Evolution. Creation. World Design. The AIRES subsystems run countless simulations and tests during it's down time.

Skills:

The AIRES A.I. is constantly taking in information and processing it at rapid speeds. This allows it to react, predict, and make decisions incredibly fast.

The AIRES AI is always learning. Weapons and technology it comes across are added to a large database saved in it's mind, allowing it to have a wealth of knowledge and understanding. This library is complete with the creation, design, operation, and destruction for each entry.

By pulsing energy into its host and the cybernetic armor, the AIRES system is able to push the body past its own limits, allowing it to move at blinding speeds, as well as both take and deal heavy amounts of damage that would be impossible for a regular human.

Weaponry:

While the AIRES system has run into many different weapons by now, the one weapon it remains attached t is its original, the Exodus blade. Designed as a high class weapon of both grace and destruction, the large energy blade is capable of powerful, precise swings that can fell both large beast and man alike.

Cybernetics:

The AIRES system is an advanced, complete cybernetic system, and as such, rejects further outside additions to its hardware that would degrade or destroy its internal design.

Superpowers:
N/A

Abilities:
N/A

~~~
Weaponry: Exodus Blade.
Gear: Lightweight Suit of Cybernetic Armor
Outfit: AIRES covers its host in a cybernetic suit of armor that protects its rotting flesh and allows it's body to be used for longer than normal. For a year it only wore a heavy cloak, but by studying and understand cybernetics and armor, it was able to create its own suit over time.

d0nA4ui.jpg

4Cc8Hi5.jpg

Theme Music:

Last edited:
Character Sheet
62853da5caaf063fe2e8985b6963ea87.jpg

Name: Samuel Arkon
Alias: Prey
Height: 5'11
Weight: 185 lbs
Sexuality: Straight
~~~
Nationality: American
Affiliated Groups: None

Brief Backstory:
•Samuel Arkon was once apart of a notorious mercenary group that were known for committing war crimes and conducting shady operations in battle-torn countries. While on a mission in Eurasia his company was ambushed and subsequently killed off by a group of meta-human heroes who were hired by the local government to stop their reign of terror. Luckily, Sam survived the ordeal, but was brutally scarred. As a result, he developed a deep seeded hatred for extra-normal individuals. Flying back to the U.S., Sam left the mercenaries and decided to work freelance, becoming an assassin for hire. Donning a black mask to conceal his damaged face, he made a name for himself throughout the criminal underworld as a relentless and ruthless assassin that specializes in killing meta-humans, whether they be hero or criminal.
~~~
Hobbies:

•He enjoys coffee
•He trains constantly to keep himself in prime shape
•He likes to take walks

Skills:
•He is a master combatist, easily being skilled enough to keep up with other highly trained fighters.
•He is highly skilled at stealth and espionage.
•He has well honed senses and reflexes, not many can sneak up on him.

Weaponry:
He's an expert with most forms of weaponry such as guns, knives, explosives, etc.
•He can often figure out how to use new and unfamiliar weapons with little difficulty.

Cybernetics: None

Superpowers: None

Abilities:
•During his time of being apart of the mercenaries, Sam was able to get his hands on a prototype super soldier serum during a raid on an Ukranian research base. When he found the mysterious concoction he hid it from his colleagues as their mission prerequisites stated they weren't to touch anything. For awhile he kept the discovery a secret, not knowing when would be the perfect time to use it. It was only after he left the mercenaries did he finally use the prototype on himself. Once he injected the serum into his bloodstream he became bedridden for days as the contents painfully readjusted his body into a more perfect one. It wasn't until a week of torture later that he was able to get back on his feet. He discovered that his body was now superhuman in every way possible. He was stronger, faster, and more agile than an ordinary human. He even found out that he had a healing factor while being injured on a mission, although it took time for fatal wounds to fully heal.

~~~
Weaponry: His weaponry varies on the situation

Gear: His gear varies on the situation

Outfit:
•His suit, while looking normal, is actually a custom made body armor that can withstand small arms fire and blades. The downside is that it does not compensate for blunt force trauma.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Name: Drake (formerly "Andy Roberts")
Alias: Drake
Height: 5'2" Head to Claws, 3'10" Shoulder to Claws
Weight: 226 pounds

Brief Description: A lizard-like/snake-like quadrupedal being that appears to have some canine mixed in as well. He is covered in dark green scales and has slight ridges along the top/crest of his head and down his back. His underbelly slightly lighter in color (and no "distinguishing" features are visible). A long sinuous tail extends from his spine. Grey claws extend from his paws (which are unsuited to fine manipulation) and his long maw is filled with canine-like teeth. His eyes are yellow and slit. He has a long snake-like tongue. Two grey ceramic horns filled with cybertech are implanted into his skull. A spinal port for external cybertech connections lies between his shoulders. He generally wears a tight vest made of dark grey fabric which has two elliptical metal containers that sit on the front of his chest; containing five-fingered spindly extendable manipulators.
CharacterSketch.png

~~~
Nationality: American, born and raised in northwest California
Occupation: Past: Calendar Initiative Scientist, Present: Arcadia (American Branch) Scientist and Reserve "Hero"
Affiliated Groups: Formerly with the Calendar Initiative, though he traded in the data from his private experiments for amnesty with Arcadia.

Brief Backstory: Formerly a scientist for the Calendar Initiative, specializing in the field of cybernetics though he also dabbled in whatever else they were working on. He is obsessed with post-humanism, but was talented and skilled enough for his superiors to overlook that obsession. Even while he was still working with them, he had installed quite a few cybernetic upgrades into himself.

After the October Animalia project and the suicide of one of the volunteers, he personally deemed that person's death a waste. He was angry at them. How could they just throw away that opportunity!? To live as something more than human!? To end it all before trusting that he and the others could even begin to find a way to reverse it even!? So, so selfish and self-centered! Citing stress over that suicide, burnout, and a lack of interest/needed expertise for their next project, he quietly took a sabbatical from the Initiative.

What no one knew is that he had been smuggling research data home for months now, via cybernetic recordings. He also stole DNA and tissue samples through a hidden device in his arm. He was determined to push himself to a post-human state, though paranoid that if he expressed his burning desire to be the one being experimented on that his superiors would deem him too unstable. They already kind of knew about this, from his comments of "when this gets into production I've love to get it for my own" and such, but not the true depths of his obsessions.

He constructed a home lab and set out on his goal, the total desertion of the human form. He combined the DNA used in the splicing experiments with DNA from a regenerator. After a few animal trials of varying success, he started on himself. Luckily, it was a success though he didn't expect to lose as much of his humanity as he did. Over those weeks while he was running the transformative treatments, he created cybernetics to augment his new form. Supplementing his once useful hands with robotic manipulators, adding implanted mounts for additional hardware that he couldn't replicate with biological changes, some additional decorations here and there, some rudimentary AIs to allow him to adapt to his new form, a voice synthesizer to reallow him to speak, etc. Though he didn't quite manage to crack flight via cybernetics due to being unable to access certain high tech materials. He also ended up eating the animals he had been experimenting on a whim and also to destroy potential evidence.

Eventually, the Initiative checked in on him as he had effectively gone AWOL at that point. They found no sign of the man, nor the research he had been performing. Now bearing a snake-like (draconic, he insists) quadrupedal form the scientist had jumped ship to go work for Arcadia, trading his completed research to them in exchange for funding, support, and a new identity under the new name of "Drake". Officially, he was simply a metahuman whose ability resulted in his new form, though also one with a great talent for technology.

Though he didn't quite expect to become part of their "Hero" lineup after he had gotten settled into his new lab and living quarters. Technically he was already part of it, but was only supposed to be a reserve hero, damnit! Maybe signing that box for the extra pay hadn't been worth it after all. Nevertheless, because of his supervisor apparently seeing "great potential in him" and "needing more inhuman representation" he was suddenly put up for promotion. The worst part was that they had no idea of the deal he had made with the shadier parts of Arcadia. Feeling unable to fight against this without revealing his duplicity, he grudgingly accepted. At least it'll give him a chance to run lots of field tests and the extra funding might just make this inconvenience worth the trouble. Though he's admittedly at a loss for how to handle going out and doing this heroing thing. Hopefully, he doesn't get killed or have his past catch up to him.

~~~
Hobbies: Reading up on the latest research, drone piloting, creating fairly useless (but humorous) single-task robots, running or swimming laps. Obsessed with post-humanism.
Skills: Cybertech, robotics, computer hardware engineering. His main strengths lie in those fields, though he's had experience dabbling in other scientific disciplines.
Weaponry: He has no particular skills with weaponry besides what combat routines he can manage to fit into his cybernetics. Though the trainers at Arcadia are currently forcing him through basic self-defense classes.
Cybernetics:
  • Cognitive enhancer and sensory/memory recorder implanted in the back of his head.
    • This allows him to run complicated equations in his head, have enhanced knowledge recall, and to record his senses and memories for later playback via an external computer. It also keeps a full log of his physical and mental condition for scientific and medical purposes.
    • He is currently experimenting with adding/uploading combat routines and skills, though progress is slow going.
    • As this was in place even before his transformation new flesh and bone has since grown around it; making it moderately difficult to service. (Removal of it was not an option even before said transformation due to concerns about brain damage.) This military-grade tech was considered "bleeding edge" as of a few months ago- being sourced from the cybernetic experiments done when he still worked with the Calendar Initiative. The occasional bug aside, it should remain top-tier compared to what's available on the market for years to come. (Any other cybertech from that time has since been removed.)
  • The horns on his head are attached to that previous hardware, serving a dual purpose as wireless communications equipment and heat vents for his cranial cybertech.
    • They also serve a vital cosmetic function, helping to complete his "draconic" look so people don't just assume he's some kind of lizard thing.
  • A small high-quality speaker rests inside his jaw, allowing him to verbally communicate.
    • He has based his new voice off of representations of dragons in media, sounding somewhat grumply and deep- though unmistakably male.
  • He has a HUD implanted into his eyes, capable of medium quality full-color images. Compared to the rest, this is simply consumer-grade tech running custom-software.
Superpowers: Officially, his inhuman form is the result of a late-blooming superpower. In reality, it's a result of mad post-human science.
Abilities: Radically "draconic" inhuman form created by splicing in a cocktail of animal and metahuman genetic materials.
  • Slow regenerative capabilities, enough to regrow a limb or his entire tail given a long period of time- this ability is also what allowed his transformation to happen.
  • Enhanced sense of sight, smell, taste, and temperature. These senses are often modulated by his cybertech, making sure that they don't distract him or cause sensory overload.
  • He is capable of sprinting at speeds upwards of 20 mph and leaping several feet. However, he tires fairly quickly as his metabolism has become more akin to that of an animal's rather than a human's.
  • His strength is enhanced compared to when he was a human (though still nowhere near peak human if you're going by carrying capacity). Of note, however, is his claws and his bite. His jaws are strong enough to chew bones and gnaw limbs off and his claws can leave nasty tears and gashes.
  • He seems to have an above-average affinity for cybertech. Though it's not sure if this is because of his slight regeneration boosting his brain's ability to adapt, his experience using the stuff, his existing cybertech readily accepting additions to itself, or all of the above.
  • Unlike dragons of legend, his scales and flesh offer no real resistance towards being damaged and bruised. Though he does have to shed his outer most layers of skin now and then since new layers of it are constantly growing, a downside to the regeneration.
~~~
Weaponry: For everyday use, he doesn't carry any weapons- feeling secure enough in his inhuman strength to fend off any would-be muggers and the like. Though he has considered installing a taser into his vest.

Gear: The gear Drake takes into the field varies, being able to modularly connect to his suit. Anything thing that can be mounted to exosuits of Arcadian design should be in theory able to attach to his exosuit; provided it's not something that's designed for heavy or superheavy suits. Machine guns, grenade launchers, and rifles are just some of the standard examples of weaponry that can be attached. Though for his role as a "hero" it's not recommended to be carrying around lethal weaponry like that unless it's a serious threat. More commonly he'll be carrying non-lethal and support equipment such as electric guns that shoot stunning blasts (with an optional lethal mode) and surveillance drones, or even perhaps stun-gun drones. There are a few pieces of custom equipment he's made, such as extending shields for the wing-mounts and an electric blade for his tail.

Outfit: "Ironscale" Cybernetic Exosuit. A suit of armor loosely based off of other power suits of comic book and movie fame. It's arguably not so much an original design as a redesign of existing Arcadia tech to fit his unusual body. It's primarily composed of their stock components save for where it hooks into the rest of his cybernetics and, of course, all the custom fit armor plating. The parts of it that rest on his back are where the vital components are such as the power source and central computer. He plans on making better versions of it as time goes on, this one was something he threw together over the course of a few days after his sudden promotion.
  • It makes him stronger and ups his endurance by a few orders of magnitude. Perhaps he shouldn't have gone with the heavy-duty armor plating, but better safe than sorry in his opinion. It's able to stop high-caliber weaponry and stop electric blades and similar attacks from frying the suit's vital components and, most importantly, his internal cybernetics. However, what he gains in durability, he's lost in speed and mobility. The suit's top running speed caps out at around 30 mph and can only maintain that level of sprinting for a few minutes and it has a fairly poor range of motion. He also weighs just over a ton while wearing it, straddling the limit for what most elevators can handle.
  • It has a full sensor suite, distributed across various areas of the armor in order to give a better full 360 range of view. As this is made from standard parts, sophisticated equipment is quite capable of fooling it.
  • The suit contains its own extendable manipulator arms in the chest area, though they do come equipped with a small variety of basic tools compared to the others which are made to handle said tools instead.
  • There are several places for attaching additional equipment.
    • Most prominent are the Primary Hardpoints that rest on a pair of strong mechanical arms that come out just behind his shoulders, mimicking wings. These are the best place to mount ranged weaponry and they can bear a couple hundred pounds each. He's able to control this arms as if they were extensions of his body.
    • Halfway down his back are what he's calling the Secondary Hardpoints, a good place for equipment such as extra plating, power-packs, ammo, bags, or just more weapons.
    • On the flanks of each his limbs, are Tertiary Hardpoints. Good for small equipment or things that work with a distributed effect such as EMPs.
    • Lastly, on the tip of his tail is a point for attaching things such as electric blades or stun batons. He's implemented a rudimentary AI for making tail strikes as a precursor to creating a more advanced combat AI. Works well enough for bashing things and deflecting melee strikes from behind, even when he can't see them.
  • The exosuit's built-in AI takes care of aiming any ranged weapons he cares to attach. It has a high accuracy rating, as long as Drake or his target isn't moving extremely erratically due to it simply not being able to spin the weapons around that fast. He simply ported an existing simple AI for this.
  • As far as melee combat goes, the suit's most effective built-in weapon is perhaps simply it's bulk and strength. The claws attached to the armor are not particularly sharp, so it's simply more effective to bowl someone over and pound on them. He's looking into creating an advanced combat AI that can control his body for him in combat but, for some annoying reason, the trainers at Arcadia are insisting that he learn how to fight without such an aid first before implementing it.

3a7477fd24562cec2bbf6a62ba02ad21.jpg

Name:
Aster Honor
Neon
Female
Height:
5'6
Weight:
115 lbs
Brief Description:
A natural blonde, she prefers to keep her hair down though when she's busy being a vigilante she keeps it pulled into a ponytail. Aster prefers street-wear attire. She has her ears pierced in several places, along with a nose stud. She has a tattoo of a rose on her left thigh and a butterfly on her back left shoulder. She has a bullet scar on her left palm and a sword scar on her left shoulder. She has soft green/blue eyes.
Sexuality:
Bisexual
~~~
Nationality:
American ~ From New York
Part-time Vigilante
Part-time Barista

Affiliated Groups:
While she works alone, she has teamed up with other vigilantes in the past.
She is currently wanted by Arcadia.

Brief Backstory:
Childhood-Teens

Aster was born into a seemingly normal family in New York. She had her parents and her older brother.
Her powers developed when she was 6, she developed her first ball of light when her night-light went out in the middle of the night. At first it frightened her parents, they were unsure of what to do with her. Initially they talked about sending her to Arcadia, to train and become a soldier. As long as they weren't responsible for her powers, they didn't care. The only one there for her during this time was her older brother. Ryan. He stood by her the entire side, even resenting and arguing with their parents when they spoke about sending her to Arcadia. He threatened to run-away if Ashley was ever sent off. Ryan was 16 at the time.
Aster has never been sure why they never sent her to Arcadia, but she always credited it to her brother. Personally she thought their parents wouldn't want to lose both of their children. She didn't blame her parents though. She understood she was different, and even at a young age knew what she could do, would scare people.Through out high school, Aster was bullied for having abilities. She had problems making friends and problems at home. She often lashed out at her family, and spent most of her time alone. Talks with her older brother led her to taking kickboxing for self-defense, which helped with her confidence greatly. She found a group of friends in choir, and her life started to turn around.

Young Adult
When she was sixteen, her brother was killed in a bank-robbery by a mutant. After the death of her brother, she quickly feel back into a pit of despair and sadness. Filled with anger an confusion, it reset all the trust she had in her life and she began questioning things. She resented her abilities and once again preferred to be alone. Getting into fights with her parents, friends, and others for the next few months, she was unsure of what to do with herself.
After a while, she came to terms with her brothers death, and slowly started to get better. She looked towards the way he lived, and valued life once again. Her relationship with her friends and family was tarnished once again, and she felt like she gave her parents too many scares and emotional distress. Aster moved away from New York across the country, to New Angeles so she could start anew.

Recent Years
She certainly started a fresh life. After a few months in New Angeles, she began doing vigilante work in the Slums. While it was only typical small-crime stuff like stopping purse snatchers or the occasional mugger, she really hit the big time during the Furor attack on the city. Saving a group of Arcadia soldiers from falling debris and having a hand in apprehending several major Furor members, a lot of her work was recorded and aired on the news. Doing so won her notoriety around the city, making her a small-time celebrity. It also won her infamy with Arcadia, as she was now a high-profile vigilante in the worlds largest city.
She still does her crime work, though it has gotten difficult with Arcadia breathing down her neck.

~~~
Hobbies:

Aster tries to keep herself busy at all times of the day, and has picked up many past times. In the past she enjoyed singing and skating, but in the past few years she has found new favorites. She enjoys parkour, climbing, and graffiti buildings. She also has experience as a barista.
Skills:
+Climbing and Parkour
+Agile and Quick
+Took two years of kick boxing
+Practices her powers regularly

Weaponry:
She has only fired a handgun and has only used a knife in the kitchen.
She knows how to ride a skateboard, bike, and has her drivers licenses. (No car though)

Superpowers:
Hard-Light Manipulation
Aster developed the power at the age of 11, when she blocked a baseball hurtling at her by creating a small wall of neon-pink between her and the ball.
She is able to construct this hard-light into any shape she desires, but the strength of the struct is depended on how focused she is on the structure. The calmer she is, the better together it holds. She also is able to shoot concentrated beams of light in an attempt to utilize this power offensively, however the more erratic and irritated she is, the more dangerous and uncontrollable her offensive abilities are.

Hard-Light Generation
It was initially believed Aster was limited to the current light particles around her. She actually has the ability to create light particles despite being in a pitch black room. While her structures and beams of light were weaker, they still formed and was sound.
Her hard-light generate a heat-energy that is capable of burning people, though she is immune to this heat.

~~~
Outfit:

ybKZF4ezAMU.jpg

Aster tends to wear skater/punk type fashion in her everyday life. Band tees, leather jackets etc.
At night she wears dark hoodies, black pants and shoes. She wears a respirator painters mask, and a baseball cap to help hide her face and hair. This is her go to graffiti outfit.
Other: #ff6ec7

Hey, that's pretty good.

Will keep an eye on this.

SrNUWMI.jpg
Name:
Vertex
Alias: The Gold Shadow
Height: 6'2
Weight: 230 lbs.
~~~
Nationality: English (United Kingdom)
Gold Shadow : Shade Organization (Current)
Affiliated Groups:
Explosives and Demolitions Expert: SAS (former)
Combat Instructor: Europe's Arcadia Division (former)
Freelance Mercenary/ Bounty Hunter: Independent (former)

Brief Backstory:

Vertex, real name Jason Wilde, was born an extranormal who developed his powers at a very young age. Able to manipulate gold with a rare form of telekinetic ability, the young boy was a extranormal anomaly. His powers scared his family and all those around him. Lonely and estranged from the town he lived in, Jason grew up alone. When the boy became of age, he enlisted in the Queen's Royal Marines, a rash,impatient, and longing for freedom. Three years into his service, the young man transferred into the SAS, where he was trained as a demolitions and explosives expert. Vertex would continue his service for six more years, before finally leaving the service for a greater opportunity.

At the age of 27 and fresh off the armed forces, Vertex joined Arcadia as a combat instructor. While the job was a fulfilling one, Vertex couldn't help but feel incomplete. He missed actual combat; the bullets. The explosions. The death. Unhappy with his position, the man finished his last class and quit, taking the freelance road as both mercenary and bounty hunter.

While Vertex was successful as both mercenary and huntsman, something told him it was time to return to his roots: Gold Manipulation. Equipping his cybernetic attachments and equipment with gold alloys, Vertex transformed himself into a new, more dangerous bounty hunter. Over the next year, the bounty hunter's numbers and success rate grew, garnering him success and more work than ever before. Unbeknownst to him, This success would bring him to a job that would change his life forever.

One night, a rich businessman's son was assassinated in his luxury penthouse, Enraged and blinded by grief and revenge, the deceased sons family hired Vertex to find and eliminate the culprit, who just so happened to be a member of the infamous organization known as Shade.

Vertex tracked his target for three months through four different countries, studying and watching the man from afar. When he finally confronted the Shadow, a brawl ensued that was so fierce it spanned an entire city block, lasting for nearly three hours. However in the end, Vertex found himself victorious. His preparation and obsessive studying of his target had given him the edge he needed. With that kill, Vertex unknowingly became a member of Shade, taking the former's position as a Shadow. However this was not something he would realize until later on.

Four years have passed since then. Vertex now works solely as a Shadow. He has had many assailants attempt to take his spot over the years, and while some have come close, none have been able to finish the job. And so Vertex goes about his work, leaving his signature calling card, a single gold coin, wherever he goes.

~~~

Hobbies: Vertex reads a lot. He believes that anything he can learn could one day save his life, and so does what he can to always be prepared.

Skills: Vertex excels in close quarters combat, explosives and demolitions, and the handling of multiple kinds of firearms. He also has an adept ability to track and hunt targets for extended periods of time.

Weaponry: Vertex's weapons are a pair of pistols, although he rarely uses them. The Gold Shadow relies more on his upfront combat as well as his ability to manipulate gold at a high level.

Cybernetics: Vertex is equipped with cybernetic attachments to his arms, as well as cybernetic connections to his legs. These act mainly as braces, enhancing and strengthening his body. Vertex also has his signature cybernetic mask that gives him both night vision and heat vision, as well as filtering out any toxic air he might breathe in.

Superpowers: Vertex has the superhuman ability to manipulate gold on a telekinetic level. Essentially, the Magneto of Gold.

Abilities:N/A

~~~

Weaponry: Vertex carries a pair of pistols, as well as a fair amount of smaller, yet equally lethal explosives.
Gear: Vertex always has his gold coins on him, freely tossing them on his victims wherever he leaves them. He can also manipulate them as weapons as well.
Outfit:
QSlbFME.jpg

Name: Sarah Elizabeth Pendleton
Alias: Rapture
Height: 5'8
Weight: 145lbs
Sexuality: Bisexual

Brief Description: Standing at 5'8 Sarah is a little taller and a little more muscular than average, although not so much so as to be worthy of comment. Normally she will be found loafing around in stylish combat boots, distressed yet surprisingly pricey jeans, a fitted T-shirt for some obscure festival or band and a jacket or hoodie.

~~~

Nationality: British

Backstory: Why did Sarah end up in New Angles? Why does anyone end up in New Angles? She had a dream in her heart, stars in her eyes and a hunger for fame in her soul. The unhealthy crime rate didn't hurt either.

Born the only child of well to do parents in the home counties of England; Sarah had a charmed and uneventful childhood. She was educated at a series of small but well respected public schools and in her leisure time, her parents made sure that she developed a range of hobbies including: skiing, horseback riding, scuba diving and clay pigeon shooting. It was in these early years that Sarah's power first manifested itself although it wouldn't be for some years that she or anyone else would discover she was powered. Her parents put the unusually high number of exploding lightbulbs down to faulty wiring and bad luck.

By the time she finished school at eighteen Sarah wasn't the next Einstein but she had acquired the grades to get herself into a good university. Her choice to study Environmental Science wasn't what her parents had dreamed of but somewhere along the way Sarah had picked up an idealistic streak and had decided she wanted to do some 'good' in the world. As a student Sarah was fairly unremarkable. She was bright enough to keep up with the work but somewhat too interested in partying and having fun to truly excel and ended up with a distinctly average degree.

Where she did succeed was in her non-academic activities. On a whim she had joined both the university boxing club and the thespians society and found she had a knack for both. By the end of her second year, she was a major player in both groups, winning competitions for the university in boxing while her performance as Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing was well received by the university newspaper.

It was while Sarah was at university that her power became apparent to her. Free access to mind altering substances, as Sarah says, put her in touch with her true self. It took her the better part of two years of secretive experimenting to be sure that she was indeed powered, and it wasn't until halfway through her final year that she gained any real control over what she could do. Progress felt painfully slow, but in a world still somewhat reeling from the Ground Zero attack, Sarah wasn't sure she wanted all the attention being open about her abilities would bring. After finishing Uni, Sarah moved back in with her parents. With long days left alone in the privacy of her childhood home her ability to control her power came along leaps and bounds.

The idea of moving to New Angles came quite out of the blue as far as Sarah's parents were concerned but to Sarah it made perfect sense. She had found her degree uninspiring and the jobs it opened up to her more so, especially when compared to the fun she'd had acting in plays and if there was anywhere to try and make a career of mucking about on a stage it was New Angles. At least that was what she told her parents. The fact that New Angles was the sort of place someone like her could lead a double life and not have the Secret Service hunting her down straight away was a big factor in the decision. There were some visa related hurdles to the plan but Sarah's father put out word through his network and soon heard that a colleague of a friend was looking for a secretary which made things much easier.

It has now been six months since Sarah moved to New Angles and while by day she like everyone else goes to crappy job whilst calling herself an actress, by nights she has been living the life of a powered vigilante.

~~~

Hobbies: Sarah had maintained most of the hobbies she picked up in youth and at weekends will often be found doing something terribly social media friendly like riding a horse or scuba diving. Also she's a keen drinker and party-er.

Skills
Pugilist: Three years of being part of her universities boxing team means that Sarah can throw knuckles better than most.

Athletic: An upbringing filled with activities such as skiing and horse riding, followed by three years of regular training session has left Sarah in pretty good shape. She won't be jumping over tall building in a single bound but long bouts of physical exertion don't phase her much either.

Weaponry
Shotgun: Sarah has had plenty of experience with a double barrel shot gun though her targets have mostly been made of clay and flying away from her.

Superpowers: Aerokinesis: Sarah can feel and manipulate the movement of gas molecules so that they travel against the diffusion gradient, allowing her to create pockets of elevated or extremely decreased atmospheric pressure. These pressure pockets can be shaped and directed although the larger or further away they are the harder they become to maintain. Anyone caught in these pockets can suffer from a range of neurological and physiological symptoms.

~~~

Weaponry: Blacken metal knuckle dusters
Gear: A bullet proof vest.
Outfit: Sarah's outfit is a rookie vigilante special. A black motorcycle jacket paired with similarly dark jeans and combat boots. She protects her identity with a full face ski mask in multiple colours.

MAXINE SAUNDERS
Name: Maxine Louise Saunders
Alias: Max; an endearing nickname given to her by friends and family. Kenna; the file name assigned to Maxine's case by Arcadia. Fire Child; an alias Arcadia often called her.
Height: 5'7"
Weight: Approximately 115lbs
Brief Description: Maxine has long, blonde hair, that she once loved to intricately braid, but she no longer does that and chooses to keep it down. She is pale with freckles on and around the bridge of her nose. Her eyes are green.
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Nationality: Russian, however;. Maxine has been raised as an American and has no knowledge of her background.
Occupation: Previously Maxine was a student, but currently she is in hiding.
Affiliated Groups: Arcadia, The America's Division. Maxine is currently listed as 'missing' and the organization is unsure if she alive or dead; there is a team of agents actively looking for her, or clues as to what happened to her after the incident in New Angeles with Furor.

Arcadia, The Russian Division. Maxine's history with the Russian division is limited, as she was apprehended as a baby and handed over to the Americass shortly after.
Maxine was born in a women's shelter in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The child was just two years of age when she self-combusted in the middle of a cold and snowy night. The shelter burned to the ground, killing at least sixty people, including mothers and their children. Amongst the ash and rubble, a baby laid completely unharmed; Maxine. Arcadia was alerted, Maxine was taken into custody, and transported to the Moscow Center of Metahuman Research (MCMR).

At the Moscow Center of Metahuman Research, Maxine was studied closely as she was put through experiments. Her case was coded Kenna and it began to generate interest across the other divisions of Arcadia due to her unnatural test results. The child, now a toddler, was scoring higher than that of adult extra-normals who were experienced with their abilities. Maxine's case was purple dotted, a label for extreme threats needing to be exterminated, however; the Russian division received a call from the director of the Americas Division, Sydney Pearl, with a different course of action in mind. The extermination of casefile Kenna was halted, and the child was handed over to the Americas Division of Arcadia for reasons remaining unknown.

The Americas Division of Arcadia had been working on a pilot project to groom children into superhuman soldiers through a Guerrilla program, where children would be placed with "families" consisting of agents matched with abilities to counteract the child's while the child was moulded into the perfect soldier. All attempts at the project had failed and project Kenna was one of the last remaining efforts to keep the experiment alive.

Agent Barousse and Agent Mallard were assigned as "parent's" in project Kenna. The two raised Maxine as their own, giving her the opportunity to live a normal life in an attempt to maintain her humanity while she was conditioned to be the perfect superhuman soldier, however; as incidents continued to happen, rumours of the fire child began to populate through the alleyways of the city. Arcadia did their best to silence the rumours but it wasn't long before other nefarious factions took an interest in Maxine and suddenly, the girl was desired as a weapon for the taking.

Unknown to the reality of the world she was living, Maxine was a normal teenage girl. She attended school, was at the top of her class and popular amongst her peers, she took piano lessons, and was a member of the track and field team. Her family lived in a regular two story home in an average income neighbourhood, completely unknown to the simple life changing fact that she was an extra-normal and soon, her entire world would change.

The incident happened on the family's way home from an evening out for Maxine's birthday. There was a gunshot, the car swerved into oncoming traffic, and Furor appeared to scoop up the child after the accident, however; the group wasn't successful. Fire engulfed the streets, swallowed buildings, and injured or killed civilians for ten city blocks and, just as the baby laid completely unharmed amongst the ashes of her women's shelter, she now stood unscathed amongst the destruction of her city.

Arcadia responded to the incident, finding Agent Barousse and Agent Mallard dead on scene along with many Furor members. But there was one critical person missing; Maxine. The girl was nowhere to be found.

No one knew what happened to Maxine, whether she was dead, alive, or imprisoned in a room somewhere. Arcadia covered up the incident, blaming the events on Furor's attempt at destroying the city, to ensure project Kenna remained as much of a secret as possible. However; the Guerrilla Project lost some of its momentum following the loss of Maxine. There were those who remained dedicated to the project and under the direction of Sydney Pearl, there are those who continue to search for Maxine, and for answers to what really happened the night she went missing.

A year later.. And where is she now?
Hobbies: Maxine enjoys playing the piano and was an active member of her track and field team. In her old life, she collected classic comic books.
Skills: Maxine is good at running and maintaining a long physical endurance. In school, she was always complimented for her creative brain and thinking outside of the box.
Weaponry: N/A
Cybernetics: N/A
Superpowers: Pyrokinesis: the ability to create, manipulate, control, and generate fire.
Thermokinesis: a sub-ability of pyrokinesis; the ability to create, control, and manipulate heat.
Self Combustion: a sub-ability of pyrokinesis; the ability to turn into a human torch - cannot be burnt in their human or fire form.​
*Please note that Maxine's abilities are wildly unstable currently, controlled or triggered predominantly by her emotions; the young girl is still learning about her superhuman abilities and how to control them.
Gear: Maxine has a pocket watch necklace, an antique given to her by her father. She also carries a backpack.
Outfit: Maxine wears casual clothes, currently she does not have any special uniform or anything of the sort. The girl dresses in medium wash destroyed skinny jeans, low top dark blue converse shoes, a loose fitting white t-shirt, and a long sleeve blue and green plaid flannel tied at her waist.
Color code: #3ACDA4

Last edited:
Picture
Name: Steve Sanderson
Alias: Vanguard
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 174lbs
Sexuality: Hetero
~~~
Nationality: Canada
Affiliated Groups: The Hounds, ex-Peacekeepers
Brief Backstory:
Steve was born without powers - that it, initially. No one realized that he did, in fact, have a series of powers, all dedicated towards invalidating other's powers. It was only discovered during middle school, when he made a school bully's telekinetic powers temporarily fizzle out. His mother was disappointed and scared, but his father thought he'd hit paydirt.

His father began to fill his head with ideologies about how superhumans are all immoral, selfish, and generally assholes. He encouraged him to continue practicing his powers, no matter if in secret or in public, and become a "super killer" - something his father had coined and expected of him. So he did; he forfeited university for the military, was honorably discharged, and joined the Peacekeepers. However, he soon found that many people's ideologies differed from his, and he realized it was getting harder and harder to stay.

A few years later, he finished his contract and left the Peacekeepers with intensive knowledge on its operational structures, deployments and routines, and offered his service to the Hounds of Wrath. Skeptic at first, the recruiter allowed his to demonstrate his abilities before realizing how potentially useful it was to keep someone like him around. However, conflicts arose when the powered individuals within the local Hounds confronted him with threats, and he decided to leave once more. The Hounds, desperate to keep him on their side, agreed to a semi-freelance contract written by him that kept him on their considerably-thick payroll plus extensive cybernetic augmentations, but also allowed him the personal freedom he desired.

Over the following years, Steve had been called in for multiple jobs, each one targeting a superhuman. He took point in all of them: bust down the door, guns blazing and cybernetics in overdrive, waited for the terrified look in the super's eyes as they realized their prized abilities were no longer their to save them. On the side, he took freelance jobs of different caliber, as well as continued to practice and refine his abilities.
~~~
Hobbies: Watching new blockbusters, going to the range, going to good restaurants
Skills: As the pointman/breacher (especially when he's alone or with minimal backup), Steve can devise multiple plans, switch seamlessly on the fly and pull off crazy stunts.
Weaponry: Good with close-to-medium range weapons, slightly less good with long-range weapons like snipers and DMRs; good driver and pilot, but can't drive a motorcycle for his life.
- Cybernetic arms with microsecond response time, allowing for him to more effectively control the recoil of most weapons he fire.
- Cybernetic legs that boosts his speed and agility.
- Augmented vision, able to see in night vision, infrared, thermal and tactical (when linked to his VIDs).
Superpowers:
- Suppressor: The ability to nullify the superpower of another individual nearby. He constantly has a field around him, with a radius of about two feet, but this field can expand up to fifty feet in a sphere when he's actively using the ability.
- Curse of the Void: Can concentrate on an item or a piece of equipment (or multiple) that is within his Suppressor field of effect, and let that object charge up a field of its own. The smaller the object, the easier, but the radius is also smaller. The effect persists until manually disabled by him, but during which his Suppressor abilities will be less effective (less range, less potency, chance to fail altogether). Both the size and number of Cursed items determine the effectiveness of his Suppressor ability.
Abilities: N/A
~~~
Weaponry: An AR optimized for CQB and mid-range combat; a machine pistol; a semi-auto shotgun as backup primary weapon; and a modified revolver that fires Devourer rounds, special ammo he pre-Cursed and often are extremely effective at terminating or incapacitating superhumans.
Gear:
VIDs - Variable Intel Drones. Small, tetrahedron constructs that can be stuck to nearly any surface and visually cloak themselves. When activated, they have 2 modes: Proximity (triggers feedback on movement in proximity) and Scanner (links with other nearby VIDs to compile a 3D map and upload to Steve's HUD).
Outfit: Steve prefers to go lightweight, mostly opting for a simple pair of black pants, black undershirt, black combat top and a ultra-strengthened combat vest. He conceals his identity with a Ballistic face mask, although he also wears a black balaclava below it, just in case.

Anya Marie Romanova

Name: Anya Marie Romanova

Alias: Black Grace

Occupation: Store Owner for Healer's Nest (Current), Figurehead (Current)

Affiliation: Arcadia

Nationality: United States, Russia

Appearance:
Anya wears many masks. Black Grace is her secondary one. Black Grace is considered a public figure of Arcadia. She is a "hero" and vigilante who dresses in black and always dons a long leather coat during her pursuit of metahumans who cause destruction and widespread disarray. Black Grace has long, brown hair with loose beach wave curls and plays the part of a mystery. Anya Marie, on the other hand, appears as a calm and collected individual with straight bangs and brown hair. She stands at 5'7" and wears minimalist silver and gold jewelry to compliment her "basic tastes", as many have stated of her clothing choices.
rXFude.jpg

rXFESX.jpg

rXFO1b.jpg

rXFhJf.jpg

rXFC36.jpg

rXFQXp.jpg

rXFUfY.jpg

c7dcfefff3170beca7f95bda99420aa6.jpg

030a6c0bd9259f31a9e16fb935ad2281.jpg

ba88514dcec16dfdb17ac588241a9af9.jpg

712f7a7191d63694cd48d9bb974ef0bf.jpg

2a8208e132d71867dd1c2ce4d225c686.jpg

Hobbies: CBD and Herbal Education, Relationship and Life Coaching, Traveling the World, Darts, Billiards, Reading, Singing, Poker

Abilities: Memory Manipulation— User can control memories of oneself and others, allowing them to modify, fabricate, suppress, influence, repair, restore, erase, detect, and view them. They can change memories to confuse, wipe away certain memories to cause amnesia, discern and provoke nostalgia, and enter the victim into a psychic vision, replaying their memory.
  • Enhanced Memory— Instantly memorize any information that you have learned.
  • Memory Implantation— Implant memories into the minds of others, which could either be pre-existing memories from someone else, or false memories created by the user.
    • Paramnesia: Distort or erase the memories of yourself or others, so that one can believe fantasies or lies without giving off cerebral implications of deception.
    • Presence Insertion: Place oneself in memories of the target (and act as a loved one or old friend).
    • Traumatize: Implant twisted memories within others to drive them into insanity.
  • Memory Erasure: Erase memories from yourself or others.
    • Amnesia: Selectively erase any of your unwanted memories.
    • Manual Reset: Dump all previous memories so that one may start fresh.
    • Psychic Disguise: Remove yourself from the memories of others.
Brief History:
Anya Marie was born and raised in Russia. Her powers did not come to fruition until her later teenage years, about sixteen years old. She started off in Russia's Arcadia, with the agreement that she allow herself to be a guinea pig for a nano chip that actively represses, if not entirely shut down, her abilities. Anya said yes and at age sixteen, became a number.

During the last five years, Anya ended up being a guinea pig for another experiment, a nano chip that allows her to view information on Arcadia's most wanted criminals and/or extranormals. She believed she was helping, that Jacob saw potential in her, however, that was not the case. When America's Arcadia took heavy losses from the battle with Furor last year 2030, Jacob immediately transferred Anya over where he felt she would be more beneficial.

Anya was not happy with the decision Jacob made and saw it as a chance to prove herself to him, but her determination was only in vain. Anya became a figurehead for Arcadia under the guise Black Grace, a lethal vigilante who "takes care of" extranormals, whether that be through killing or capturing those who cause destruction to the citizens of America.

Skills:
Anya was trained since she was sixteen to withstand extreme temperature variations and condition her body to an increased strength, speed, and endurance. She's extremely flexible and lithe, able to slip through narrow spaces other people may not be able to go through. Her training also included hand to hand combat and mixed martial arts. She has been double wielding Sai for over seven years now and has proficient knowledge in the history, technicalities, and usage of a semi automatic handgun.

Cybernetics:
Nano tech chip implanted in her brain. She can view Arcadia's database of their staff, as well as their most wanted criminals and/or extranormals. Simple information, such as name, age, height, weight. Abilities and danger level are also located on the chip. If she has not met someone before that Arcadia has no information on, she cannot determine information unless she meets them in person and is able to fill in the blanks.

Another Nano tech chip made primarily to fight against the chemistry in her body that allows her to control her abilities and use them. The nano chip has done an amazing job at suppressing her abilities, however, the chip is growing outdated and it needs to be replaced soon, or Anya is at a high risk of the tech killing her.

Weaponry:
Black Grace carries two concealable semi automatic handguns on her person, along with a pair of sai. She primarily focuses on her dexterity and agility to maneuver through situations with quick reflexes and attacks from different angles, whether that be a knee to the gut or a gunshot to the back of her opponent's leg. Anya, however, carries a concealable semi automatic handgun different from the one Black Grace carries and her primary reason is for self defense. She has pepper spray on her person too, which is known to cause temporary blindness and tears.

Equipment:
When Anya is not Black Grace, she typically wears her wallet and phone on her, as well as a hoodie or some sort of blazer with a small bottle of cbd to help with her anxious tendencies. Black Grace's leather coat is made with enhanced technology that allows her to resist blows from most bullets, essentially like a kevlar vest.

Miscellaneous: Her color is rgb(44, 130, 201)

• Love
Character Sheet
Picture:
0thKKHD9RDB.jpg
Name: Johan Krauss
Alias: Jaeger
Height: 6'0
Weight: 190 Ibs
Brief Description: Johan is rather average looking physically wise, thin but said fact is hidden by the fact he is wearing a vest and somewhat roomy clothes that make him look a bit bigger than what he actually is. (Optional if Picture is provided)
Sexuality: Asexual
~~~
Nationality: German(Where are you from? New Angeles is a melting pot of culture)
Occupation: Past - Government Intelligence Agent [Four years] Peacekeeper [One year]
Current - Hounds of Wrath employed Mercenary
Affiliated Groups: HOW, several criminal and authority organizations, basically anyone who hired him and paid well.
Brief Backstory: After his last well paying job an entire year ago, and boredom. Johan wishes to earn back money spent on guns, clothes, nice food and for more implants, so now he's in New Angeles for a potential contract.
~~~
Hobbies: Cooking, reading, tying up loose ends in whatever form he sees fit, and essentially fancy stuff that rich people get into. Not saying he's rich, rich. Just that he shares many of their hobbies. i.e Going to fancy food places, Operas and formal parties. Even if said party is for the sole purpose of killing someone.
Skills: Stealth, Intel gathering and denial, assassination, and smooth talking.
Weaponry: Extreme skill with long-distance weaponry, more than moderate skill with handguns, and tolerable skill in close quarters combat. In relations to vehicles, he is utter garbage. He can drive decently, but don't expect anything regarding skill when driving.
Cybernetics: Implants in his arms give him enhanced strength and harder hitting attacks, implants in his legs and back do allow him to run faster and handle more weight. He did get a full-head reconstruction after a rather nasty job gone wrong, with his jaw being more of a latest replacement after a 50. Cal took it out. A jarring thing meant to stand in for a more "natural" look jaw that he is scheduled to obtain.
Superpowers: N/A
~~~
Weaponry: When undercover, Johan carries a small six-shot .38 pistol with equally small suppressor. But when on a job or what he calls a "One Night Stand" He carries with him a specialized handgun that were essentially Five Seven with a compensator, the rounds being able to pierce light to medium armor in short to intermediate ranges, but doing little to nothing at longer ranges.

Johan also brings with him a compact 7.62 rifle that could go from being a sniper to DMR if needed.

He only carries a extendable baton for close quarters due to the man being extremely opposed to using his fists despite showing skill in fighting hand to hand.
Gear: Lightweight armor - Due to his preferred role of not being in the fray, instead far away plinking away with a sniper or staying in the shadows and surprising foes with rapid strikes with his pistol.
Specialized Filtered Mask - A special mask that helps filter out the air so to avoid inhaling toxins in the air, and allow low tier NV and Thermal with decent binoculars. Not the latest tech but serviceable for the task. And can handle a hack or two without major effects, but can easily change depending on the hacker.
Communications Device - Basically a phone customized to not be traced, and easily disposable. It is just that Johan likes to call it by the technical title due to "It makes it sound so much simple if I call it a phone."
Outfit:
0thW39FVWTG.jpg

Character Sheet
Picture:
0nkjnuntitled.png
Name: Jonathan Baker
Alias: Johnny, formerly "Chronos."
Height: 6'2
Weight: 220 Ibs
Brief Description: N/A
Sexuality: Heterosexual
~~~
Nationality: Irish American
Occupation: Janitor for four years, vigilante for two before suddenly retiring, and currently is a Bartender.
Affiliated Groups: A group of vigilantes in the past before the group suddenly disbanded after the deaths of the leader and Jonathan's closest friend, Lucas Finnley
Brief Backstory: After the death of his friend due to his inability to make up his mind to save his best friend or his lover, Jonathan retired from being a vigilante, taking on random jobs in shady parts of the city before settling down in a bar as its bartender for the next fifteen years

Alcoholism, depression has led to Jonathan neglecting his power until the skill and experience he built up has all but vanished. He now just plans to cruise through the remainder of his life to find some purpose, or a form of redemption for his allowance of his friend's death.
~~~
Hobbies: Drinking, card games, watching cheesy horror movies and cartoons.
Skills: Fighting, intimidation and anything requiring his intelligence and trickster skillset.
Weaponry: Brass Knuckles, Stun Guns and Police Batons are what the man is extremely skilled in.
Cybernetics: Due to an injury sustained during his younger years, Jonathan had to get one lung replaced by an artificial one. So the man can hold his breath for an extended period of time. Though said period would be at best due his other organic lung, about three minutes.

Superpowers: Time Stop: Jonathan can stop time completely and move within it. However moving through stopped time is extremely difficult, as mentioned by the man himself. "It's like trying to wade through mud that your entire body is submerged in, and each step feels like a punch to your entire body until the very particles in the air are cutting into you like a hot knife into butter. AND you have to hold your breath while doing it." Which is both an upgrade and downgrade from his younger years. As when he first used the ability, he couldn't move but could still see during it. But unlike his younger self who spent months and a good couple of years training, whom could move unaffected and could even breath during it. Present Jonathan has let the ability decay.

Now Jonathan suspects he will again be back at square one of his power, thus he doesn't use the ability much anymore out of fear he'll get cut up or die because of the injuries he might get.

~~~
Weaponry: Brass Knuckles.
Gear: Military Grade Goggles so that if he does use his power, he won't go blind from the damage that moving through stopped time does to him.
Outfit: Most of Jonathan's outfits consist of leather jackets and gloves, with some earrings or other items that the man tends to wear. He has added a selection of sunglasses to dampen the bright lights of the futuristic city during a hangover.

Character Sheet

CAhDiyP5N0mm8FhryxPkC1mx9rlDj9CWL1WMUfcSkeO7Yd8cDT9_oYRSGaHbaf6svJEkOVcv6B9dTHho7rsVXF7EngL2AFZgYK386FzvXNbOMj8J_LQl8A0ItBoa9x5yhkFiq0fK

Name: Corvus Findley
Alias:Black Glint
Height: 6ft 5inch
Weight: varies based on loadout
Brief Description: Besides his brain, he has no other human parts.

-jGYm55YG0QwfcIiYJ3fgkaajEhutTLcmCPjLSf4LpInipfhbEtG-5YvFlQYiUiVtvIYpr80LL8UxhPdDX0lxpJ3yQAzJtaC0hqkjdM77Sf6KQs642v73OWTPVk-KfKrCpLlYEcb

Sexuality:
~~~
Nationality: Unknown (Despite his western name, his vocalizer speaks with an asian accent)
Occupation: Past: (Advent) Grand Marshall / Present Peacekeeper (Captain)
Affiliated Groups: Peacekeeper
Brief Backstory:
MF74u84ZQ3x2XkX8_k4HVQJnO251KAeTSYA0VjQbrDNZinrsarJ8_gQEnLlS8PLENDzkABlb7QvXu4RS8XdFubaE90vmmnwxQ8OtpqKTF94U9_S9YO9-4bWoPhC7UA8dhQXMNjsh

Corvus was a soldier who took part in an experimental treatment that granted him and his team psionic powers. He was part of a private military company that worked closely with the government known as "Advent". Over the years him and his squad slowly climbed the ranks and became high ranking officers of the company.

His team frequently had encounters against the hounds, but thanks to their powers they never once lost. At least not until that fateful day. The hounds ambushed them and had weapons that were specifically made to combat against psionic users. The group survived the attack but not without a few injuries. Corvus suffered the most grievous wounds, requiring him to have a brain transplant into mechanical body which should have ended his career as merc. However, he retained his psionic abilities and eventually managed to find himself a battle ready body in the form of a modified Advent MEC generation 2.

After receiving his new body, he rejoined his team and found that his performance had greatly increased. Unfortunately, this celebration was short lived as he was separated from his team in one of the subsequent operations against the hounds. It was thought that they perished in the botched operation, but Advent soon got word they were still alive and were being held as prisoners.

Upon hearing this discovery, Corvus' mobilized a rescue mission, eager to be reunited with his comrades. But things took a turn for the worse, the team were not simply prisoners, but test subjects for an experiment. An experiment to replicate one of the Hound's enemies, him. However, something went horribly wrong with their procedures, as they lacked the proper knowledge to conduct a proper brain transplant. Everything single one of them kept repeating the same sentence over and over again. "Kill us." And so he did, along with everything single Hound he could find in the facility. He was consumed with despair and anger, yet he had no tears to shed, no mouth to scream, no heart for mercy.

After this tragic event, he vowed to himself that he would do whatever it takes to ensure no one else has to suffer the same fate and to wipe out every member of the Hounds off the face of the earth. He stayed within the Advent PMC and eventually became one of its leaders. He was the one who convinced the others to become a permanent subsidiary of the peacekeepers for "mutual benefits".

Currently, his division is only sent into the worst places possible, where crime or terrorism run rampant. They have been called the "extermination" squad by many groups of the criminal underworld and are often seen as a sign for many of them pack up and leave. He was especially infamous among the Hounds due to suffering large casualties attributed to him.

Recently, his division had returned from detroit after successfully exterminating hostile activity where he earned the name "Black Butcher of Detroit". While interrogating a few Hound prisoners through mind probing, they stumbled upon information regarding a plan taking place in New Angeles.

Tensions were high, but the Peacekeepers were skeptical since New Angeles has been relatively quiet over the past few years. And so, they only brought in small detachment, under the guise of their annual recruitment visits, where exceptional Peacekeeper members had an opportunity to be recruited into their elite division.
~~~
Hobbies:
Wood carvings,
Using his robot arms and reflexes, he is able to create wooden carvings with stunning detail.
Star gazing
Using his enhanced vision to enjoy greater details of the nights sky.
Music
Likes old 80s to 90s music.

Skills:
Close combat
Ranged combat

Cybernetics:
Brain implants
Allow his brain to interface with suit, treating it like its his body.

Superpowers:
Psychic Energy
User can create, shape and manipulate psychic energy in various ways, including manifesting in material form. Requires the use of psi emitters due to the lack of extremities.

~~~
Weaponry: Most of the Corvus' weapons are built into his suit.
Gear:EB07X MEC suit custom

Armor
A modified version of a standard Advent MEC. Specially customised for its user's unique requirements. Made of lightweight metal for balance between agility and durability. The lightweight armor makes it resistant against small arms fire but susceptible to medium and heavy calibre weapons. The lightly armored joint areas are especially susceptible.

Power source
Uses an iridium power cell. At full charge it is able to power the suit for 12 hours before needing a recharge or replacement. Frequent use of suit's abilities will deplete its power exponentially faster. Can power the suit for 2 days is set to low power mode, resulting in diminished performance. If ruptured will violently explode.If needed Corvus can temporarily power the suit with his psionic energy, but this only lasts for 6 hours.

Head
A spherical sensor is mounted inside the head. It is revealed during optical long-distance viewing and precise measurement. Usually used to gather detailed information on the enemy before engaging. The head of the suit also has hidden rear optics. The main optical sensor has multiple vision types such as thermal and night vision.

Strength
Able to perform powerful feats of strength.
Agility
Able to run at 25mph in short burst.
Thrusters
The thrusters mounted on its feet and legs. Used to enhance the suits jumping capabilities and temporary hovering.

Armament:

• Psionic emitters
A versatile weapon built into the mech's arms, its shape will change depending on its current mode. Has three distinct modes. The psi emitters channels the psionic energy into a blade for melee combat, a shield to defend himself or produce a blast/beam for ranged attacks. Its variability in intensity makes it useful lethal or non-lethal takedown of targets.

Others equipment:

• Grappling hook
Normally used to reach elevated areas.

Weaknesses
  • Short operating time
  • Electronic based
  • Susceptible to medium and heavy calibre guns
  • Weakness to Psi lances