Alagaesia's untold story (Wipeball & One Must Wonder)

"No, I don't," Seith agreed with Eragon and then shifted her eyes to Nasuada. The leader of Varden's tried to hide her discomfort. Something was going on and she didn't have any control over it. It almost felt like something important was slipping through her fingers and she hated such a feeling. A deep frown appeared on her face and she looked away. Seith didn't want to go against her because she sensed power from the dark skinned woman. A power that was immense for such a young creature. Few moments past before Nasuada regarded them with a discontented look.

"I am not satisfied with the way that such an important information can't be told aloud in here," Nasuada started and the frown once more returned. "However, Eragon and Saphira have my full support and faith," after taking a deep breath in, she continued, "for I have to believe you as well," her face didn't ease at all. It was like the words, Nasuada was saying, were poison that she was spitting out.

"But no matter how much I believe in the dragon and rider, I want you to give me your oath of loyality. That way, I will be sure that you do not mean us any harm,"after this exclamation Seith expression stiffened. Yes, she half expected it but hoped that assurance from Eragon would be enough to let her stay in the camp. Seith tightened her grip on the staff. It was only a little movement that couldn't have been seen by anyone else than Saphira. Nasuada and Seith were looking into one another's eyes for a long time. It almost looked like the match of mages when they were trying to seize the mind of their opponent. However, Seith was the first one who broke the connection. She lowered her head and a sad smile formed on her face.

"Leader of Varden," she started with a voice full of regret and sorrow, "I can't give you my oath of loyality for that would be only one-way assurance for me. However, I can give you an oath that I will speak the truth in terms of my mission here and that throughtout my stay in your camp I will not cause any harm to you nor to any of your soldiers," it was the best that Seith could come up with. It still bound her more than she would like. Knowing that the first part of her oath would collide with the one she gave to dragons, Seith had to think of a different way how to present the information without braking any of her promises. However, elves were always good with beating around the bush so it shouldn't be that big problem. After Seith's answer Nasuada obviously considered her proposal but still wasn't quite satisfied with it.

"You will give me that oath of yours but before you will let Blodhgram to search you memories so that we will know for sure that your oath will be true," Nasuada's voice was firm again. She didn't like when someone refused her so many times in a row. If Seith would have disagreed once more, Nasuada swore to herself that she would behead the elf woman standing in front of her. Such a disrespect towards her authority was unbearable. Maybe to Nasuada's surprise and relief, Seith nodded.

"As you wish."

Eragon let out the breath he didn't he'd been holding when the she-elf agreed to let Blodhgram examine her memories. He had seen the look on Nasuada's face and knew the elf was walking on thin ice with the Varden leader. The Rider also knew that Blodhgram would not tear through her mind like the Twins had done to him when he had arrived at the Varden.

Walking into the tent, Blodhgram eyed the new female elf curiously. She looked familiar but only distantly; he could not place where or when he had met her. If had indeed met her before. Turning to her, the blue furred elf decided he would only skim her memories and examine the ones that looked the most suspicious more thoroughly if he found any.

Taking a breath, Blodhgram went into the stranger's mind.

Seith eyed Blodhgram. She knew the name but when she left those decades ago, he had possesed different look. Resisting the urge of smiling, Seith's face remained still. As Arya's mind was full of melodies, Glaedr's mind felt like a vast space, Seith's mind felt like water. You had to drown first to reach her consciousness. It was only good that Nasuada chose an elf to search her mind for Seith couldn't imagine human mage being able to experience the feeling of drowning without receiving any psychical harm. Once Blodhgram passed this defenses of her consciousness, Seith let him see what she had been doing recently. It all went retrospectively. Starting at the battle of Feinster, going back to her journey through Alagaesia towards the Varden and finishing at the point when she was leaving the place far from Alagaesia. Her oath to the dragons didn't allow her to show the blue elf her memories of the land where those mighty creatures lived. It all appeared grey and shapeless.

Blodhgram internally shuddered as he drowned. He would be fine he knew, but it wasn't a particularly pleasant sensation. Going through her memories, Blodhgram found nothing that would link her to the Empire. Retreating out of her mind and back into his own he blinked. "She means us no harm. She's not connected to the Empire or Galbatorix in any way."

Eragon sighed in relief. He would not have enjoyed the aftermath of what would have happened if she was a spy for Galbatorix.

Seith nodded and then without any further delays she turned to Nasuada and in the ancient language gave her an oath of speaking the truth and no attacks on her soldiers. After that, Nasuada was still a little bit suspicious and the frown on her brow remained yet once it all was done there was no way back, was there.
"Very well then," the leader of Varden said mostly to herself and then shifted her eyes on Eragon. "As you've brought her here Eragon, for today you are going to arrange for her a tent where she could rest. You will also introduce her to everything else needful for living within the camp," she said and then motion them to leave. Seith bowed only a little bit and then looked at Eragon with a questioning look in her eyes. She was curious how he would do all that.

Eragon nodded "Very well, but there is something Saphira and I have to tell you first. It is importan and cannot wait." He glanced at the new elf wairly, should he tell her about the Eldunar? Sure she'd had given them her oath, but it was sensitve information that should not be shared lightly.

'We can trust her with this Eragon' Saphira told him.

'If you're sure...'

'I am.'

Eragon sighed and then preceeded to tell them of Oromis and Glaedr's deaths and of the Eldunar, pausing every now and then so Saphira could add to the tale.

Seith listened closely. Even though she tried her best not to react in any way, her expression stiffened. However, deep inside she was hurt, she wanted to run to Uru'baen and slay Morzan's son and his dragon with her own hands. How did they dare to kill someone so powerful?! How could they?! Yes, it was in public knowledge that Oromis's magic powers were weaker than they used to be, but he was still the best swordsman. Her grip tightened around her staff once more. Nodding her head, Seith acknowledged the information she was given.

"May...may I talk to Glaedr?" she asked Eragon and then looked at Saphira.

I think that the information I have might reach him and brighten his sorrow, she explained to the blue dragon. However, Seith partly knew that such a loss can drive a dragon mad and that usually they did not retreive from their madness, but Seith had to try because in the future he would be needed.

(I am sorry for the quality of the post but I don't have much time to check it)

Eragon thought for a minute, the mighty dragon was grieving and it would be a good idea to let him do so in peace. He was about to say no, but Saphira stopped him.

"It would be a good idea to let her at least try, little one, she has information that might help him."

He sighed, but nodded and went to go get the Eldunari from Saphira's saddle bags. "You can try," he told the elf when he reentered the tent. Careful not to touch the Eldunari he placed it on the table. "He may not respond, he just lost his rider, his grief is great."

(That's fine :) )

Seith wasn't quite comfortable with talking to Glaedr in front of everyone. She felt vulnerable yet didn't show it to anyone. Her respect to the dragon was immense. As Seith reached the table, she put her staff on it and was looking at the Heart of hearts for few seconds. She heard about it but had never seen it. This one looked like a golden marble piece of stone. Being scared of what might happen if she touched it, Seith just reached out with her mind. The place where she appeared was like a vast space where wind howled. It was grey, filled with sorrow. Cold breeze covered her body and Seith felt the sadness that the mighty dragon felt. Her face immediately gained a grim expression. Her hands clenched into fists.

'Glaedr-elda,' Seith thought but it was hard to overcome the grief that now flew within her body. 'Mighty dragon, it is me, Seith the Mad traveler. Decades ago I left our land in search for others of your race. I found them.' Seith waited for any kind of response. However, all those feelings that Glaedr 'cherrished' made it impossible for her to keep the connection. Seith withdrew. Holding back her tears, Seith took her staff and shook her head because she couldn't trust her own voice.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-CA</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]--> Eragon understood and picked up Eldunari, careful not to touch it, and placed it back in the saddle bag. He had not expected Glaedr to respond to the elf, but part of him wished the dragon had; Saphria had sounded so delighted after the elf had told her whatever the elf had told her that he had been hoping it would at least lessen the gold dragon's grief, even by just a small amount.

Walking back to the tent, he smiled at the new elf. "I'll show you around now, if you'd like."

((Sorry it took so long and that it's not very long DX I've gotten sick again. First the flu, now a cold. I can't seem to win))

((Take some pills and fight as a dragon would. Tear the cold apart ;D Anyways, don't worry about it. I was quite busy myself ;) ))

During the time Eragon was putting away the Eldunari, Seith took control over her feelings, tears and voice. However, the hope that suddenly rose within her assured Seith that Glaedr would end his sorrow. After all, he still had a student that needed his guidance and as far as Seith knew the golden dragon, he wouldn't abandon his duties. Looking at Eragon, Seith nodded in agreement. There was no more she could do and she was tired from the run. Also, her stomach started to complain quietly.

"Thanks for your hospitalty and I hope that our alliance will last peacefully," Seith said as she turned towards Nasuada who was still sitting down and suspiciously looking at the newcomer. After Seith's note, Nasuada just nodded but otherwise remained silent. It was time to go, so Seith put on her hood and walked out of the tent. The guards outside looked at her as supiciously as their leader did. She didn't mind, she got that from elves when she was in Du Weldenwarden so she was used to such stares. While Seith was waiting outside leaning on her staff, she closed her eyes and thought about Glaedr's mind again, how it felt. The sorrow lessened by now but it was still great. Even though, for Seith it was something she couldn't comprehend, she sympathized with the great dragon.

Eragon sighed softly and walked next to the elf. He wasn't exactly sure what to say, and he was rather tired, though he knew he could rest soon once he got the new elf situated with sleeping quarters and such.

'You should ask her name, little one.' Saphira said, flying silently above them.

Eragon nodded and looked at the hooded elf walking next to him. "You have me at a disadvantage, you know my name but I don't know yours. Perhaps you could tell me?"

When Saphira took off to fly above them, Seith gave her a look of respect. The blue dragon looked majestic and fearsome at once. Seith loved the combination for it always sent chills down her spine. However, lowering her gaze, she examined her surroundings - tents, soldiers. Some of them greeted Eragon and the rest gave them a curious look. It was probably usual. After all, Eragon was a dragon rider, it was only right that people showed him some respect. Once, the young rider asked her for name, the corners Seith's mouh turned slightly upwards. Should she keep her name as a secret? Should she reveal it? After all, what harm would it do? He probably had never heard about her before, because as she saw that reaction of Arya and the blue elf, they were confused and didn't recognize her.

"Knowing you name, given to you by your parents doesn't give me any advantage as knowing your true name in ancient language," she said, after all deciding to remain a mystery. "Not that I do know your true name, Shadeslayer," she added once she recognized how her previous sentence might have sounded. Few more steps passed before Seith spoke again. "But throughout the land I am known as a Mad Traveler. This name given to me be elves themselves although they probably forgot by now."

Shrugging, Seith pushed to the side one of the small stones on the path using the end of her staff.