Akwardness

S

Slyen

Original poster
So I figure that the counseling section is the best place to seek counseling. Maybe I'm wrong but I think I could use some right about now. Here is my issue:

Akwardness.

Lets make that a bit more clearer for those who don't care for walls of text or red text. Douglas Adams (may he rest in peace) should be happy with this...

AKWARDNESS

This word (and all forms of it) seems to be the bane of my existance. Why? It is used as an excuse by women for not going an extra step with me. But its just not me, but several people I have known. Why is this? What the fuck does it matter? Have you thought that you might just have destroyed the friendship you were so desprately clinging to? I mean to me it seems like in some case this is worse than the bullshit line about still being friends that is handed out at the end of a relationship.

So anyway the point is simple: Why the fuck should it matter?

(Awaits stoning and quips about being put into the friend zone)

Hmmmm, I see.

I dislike awkwardness too. But for me, if t a situation is awkward, it's usually because someone clearly doesn't know me beyond rumors.

Awkwardness huh? Well just off the top of my head I can say that it can matter a lot actually. If you're awkward it ultimately lends itself to the perception that you're not confident in yourself or where you are at that given moment. That tends to kill the attraction most of the time, and more quick and stealthy than a ninja could hope to.

I don't really have any great advice on this, aside from "stop rushing." Enjoy yourself, enjoy each others' company. Don't try to build things; let it grow instead. Take it slow, take it easy, let them see your goods first. But above all, relax.