1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, Noir, apocalyptic, Grimdark, yaoi, yuri, anything really.
I'm currently working on an RP that will be up in February or March.

It will be a Dark Fantasy. Here's a teaser:

In the world of Akehla, there is a country named Nataly, ruled by an old king, Elysisium, and his radiant queen, Nafalta; there are many things wrong. The world is filled to the brim with deceit and anger. The kingdom has more secrets than the rest of the world and some of the most deadly.

There is even talk that the recently born heir of Elysisium, Laklyn, is not even his son, but that of one of the royal guard.

Not much is known about Elysisium or Nafalta. About twenty seasons ago, Nafalta had come to the kingdom from other parts, not a word of information is known more than the fact that the second the king saw her, that was when the Nataly started to suffer.

It has right races in it, one of them being human, and it's got steam punk tech, regular tech, and magic in it. There are Oracles, fights and wars, and shit hits the fan more than once.

There will be at least five plot lines. If you get left behind in the plot, or are unable to post for a while, I'm pretty damned sure you'll be able to catch up.

I'll post up the chars here soon.

^.^

RACES

Tan skin, golden eyes, light-colored hair that’s never cut during their entire lives, usually born with vividly colored birthmarks on some part of their bodies as well as a small to medium-sized pair of light-colored feathered wings, usually tightly folded up to their back that are more or less useless, most have them pierced or make a fashion statement of them. They are tall, usually around 6’-8’, females usually being smaller than they males. They usually adorn themselves in dark colors, thick cloth and quite a bit of jewelry, and usually only stay around one another. Most of them believe that outsiders are infesting their once-glorious country. They can perform some feats of magic, though they are not nearly as good as Miritians, and usually tend to be in the upper class of the country. Their jobs range from luxury jobs to politics and they usually are a ‘no-nonsense’ species. They have long, floppy ears, leading to poor hearing. Their proper given name is usually three to five names long. Huminoid species w/ wings. Their way of getting around is by way of carriage drawn by horses.

*Mutations might include: Having one eye be a chocolate brown, Short but pointed ears, unfolded, or slightly bent. One wing be a different color than the other, being over 9’ having a bridge of short, small downy feathers between the wings, having almost ‘glittering’ birthmark or none at all, Wings being larger than normal (In most cases, these pair of wings are deformed in some way, the muscle structure or the bone structure will not allow it to fly like a Litillitian. The most looked down upon mutation would be to have some trait that might be seen as a trait of a Miritian. The most strived for mutation is having a ‘glittering’ birthmark.

Light skin, dark hair that’s usually kept short, blue eyes, long, upright ears almost the exact opposite of the Natalians, their wings can be a range of dark colors, but some have a beautiful coloration where there’s a mix of white they are far more petite than Natalians, usually around 4’ to 5’, with the females usually being taller than the males. They hail from the country of Mirita, which borders the Nataly on the west. They have dark tattoo-like marks somewhere on their skin. They wear revealing, loose, usually sheer cloth, some going completely naked at times, and wear far less jewelry than the Natalians. They are highly social with most, and are highly imbued with their instincts and needs. They usually are not as proper, and aren’t as respected as the natives. They are middle class, and usually are company owners at most, but it’s common to find them in low-paying jobs as well. Miritians are more of a magic-based race, they are the second most advanced with magic. Their eyes are usually their weak points, and more than half have problems with sight. They usually have two names in their proper given name. Humanoid w/ wings. Get around by walking.

*Mutations might include: One eye that is purple or green, short but pointed ears. One wing being a different color than the other. Being under 4’, Having a small bridge of feathers between the wings, No birthmark or a “glittering” birthmark, wings being larger than normal, though useless. The most looked down upon mutation would be to have traits of a Natalian. The most strived for mutation is having a ‘glittering’ birthmark.

Dark skin, white hair, purple eyes, horns (That can be the following colors: bone white, black or dark, or brown) and they are usually some of the tallest of the races, 8’ – 10’, males and females are usually equally sized. Males will have a more extravagant set of horns than females, both have cloven, goat-like hooves for feet. They have traveled from Siani, a country that is very far from Natalia, but still, quite a few reside in this country. They usually adorn their horns and their hair is usually quite done-up and braided. Their clothing more or less keeps them civil, but only to the bare necessities. They are a working class, with many jobs that are necessary for the land, such as construction of buildings, farmers, middle to lower class citizens. For someone in this race to get rich, it’s a big deal, and usually it’s talked about all over the town if it happens. They are a stubborn species, very work-oriented. They use what they can to get a job done, If that requires technology or magic or otherwise, they will use what is ordered. They don’t care for socializing much. Due to their work, and their size, their backs and their necks are usually their weak points. Their skill in magic and technology is ranged, though it is usually not revered as much as their drive to work using what skills they know. Their proper name is composed of seven names. Humanoid with oxen features. Their transportation is walking.

*Mutations may include: Light skin, black eyes, metallic-looking horns, Being shorter than 8’, Females having horns more similar to males, having hooves that are not cloven, but more similar to a horse’s, having a tail *Which would be similar to an ox or a cow’s, short fur until the tip, where longer hair is found, Having dark hair. The most looked down upon mutation would be to have a tail similar to that of a horse. The tail will be the same color as the Sin’s hair.

No known area of origin. Their name has been given to them since they have become so prevalent. Marbled skin, heterochromia (different vibrantly-colored eyes), they might have bright birthmarks or tattoo-looking designs, and their height is usually between the ranges of Natalians and Miritians. Ears are more elven- like. Jobs range assassins to entertainment. They are usually in the darker walks of life. It’s common to see them poor, it’s common to see them rich, but it’s uncommon to see one that isn’t tainted or in a bad way. There are reports that they are a race forged by the combining of Natalians and Miritians, but unlike either of the two, they are one of the only races with wings that for flight. Their style and customs differ from Litillitian to Litillitian. They have quite a few problems with their wings though, which is believed to be the cause of the custom to wrap their wings up against their bodies, or to get piercings that will pin them to their backs. But, if used, their bodies make no sounds in flight. They have a knack for socializing if they wish. They are a magic and technology based race, using what’s necessary, thought they are surprisingly good with technology, they might arguably be one of the best races with it. Their proper name is around ten names. Humanoid w/ wings , owl-like. They get around by using cars.

*Mutations may include: Having only freckles, or one or two spots of differing color on their skin. Having the same colored eyes, having no mark at all, or having a ‘glittering’ mark. Having small wings. Having a bridge of feathers between the wings. Their most looked down upon mutation is to have talon-like nails on their feet. The most strived for mutation is having a ‘glittering’ birthmark or their birthmark to be larger than four square inches.

Their origins come from the country of Ranivos. Fur covers patches of their skin, their ears are reminiscent of cats, their eyes are green with slit pupils. Their actual skin color can range from pale to dark, and the fur color is likened to the range of colors on a domestic cat. Their hair is usually the same color as their fur, and normally it is kept quite short for men, and women sometimes grow their hair out, but keep it tightly pulled back and out of their way. They are a smaller species, usually only growing to 4’ at highest, with males being larger than females. They have claws and a tail, and their clothing is usually skin-tight and dark-colored, children of this race are usually adorned with jewelry that will ring or jingle when they move so that they can be easily found, though this race normally disproves of piercings. They are a sneaky race, and can be skilled assassins if properly trained. . They are a technology-based race, they are the second best with technology. They socialize with mostly their own race only. They are usually a middle-class or a poor race, their jobs are widely ranged, going anywhere from nurse, to dancer, to low-ranked politicians. Their weakness is their curiosity. Their proper name is usually five names long. Humanoid, cat-like. Carriage.

*Mutations may include: Having no fur except for on their ears and tail, having no tail, having silver eyes, , having no claws, having fur all over their body, Having whiskers, having ‘pads’ on their palms, fingertips, and the balls of their feet, being taller than 4’. Their most looked down upon mutation is to have no tail. The most strived for mutation is to have silver eyes.

From the deserts of Kaeti. Scales similar to a snake’s cover their backs, wrists and ankles; the colors of the scales can range from brown or white, to vibrant colors such as blue, green, or red. There can be a mix of colorations as well. Their eyes are usually black. Their height can be somewhere around 6’ to 9’ at most, females are usually larger than males. They have claws and their eyes lack normal eyelids, but have something more reminiscent of reptiles, they also lack ears, merely having holes on either side of their head. They usually lack hair. Their body temperature is dependant on the climate, and they will hibernate in the cold. They are somewhat abrasive to all races, mostly anti-social. They will wear enough to keep themselves comfortably warm. They wear bright, metallic jewelry. They are mostly lower class, but will find themselves in jobs in police or security. They use technology, but it’s more similar to steam punk technology, they are good at that type of technology and nothing else. Their weakness is their body temperature. Proper name is usually only one syllable long. Humanoid, reptile features. Walking.

*Mutations may include: having black scales, or large scales that can be raised or lowered, having no claws, having a scaled tail, having a set of human-like eyelids while still having their reptilian eyelids, having a ridge along their spine or along their forearms. Having pink eyes. Their most looked down upon feature is to have pink eyes. Their most strived for mutation is to have black scales.

These are an odd race, no one really knows where exactly they came from, but they drift in and out of Nataly. They are merely silhouettes. You can vaguely tell the features, depending on each one. They can range from almost completely see-through, small and intangible, to dark and tall with clear features in contrasting bright white, some growing to be over 10’. Coloration determines their abilities. The almost completely see-through cannot communicate, but you’d be able to have a normal conversation with the darker ones. They turn darker the older they grow. Due to their unusual traits, they are not usually working any jobs, though some work as historians, as there’s never been a recording of any of them ever dying. They are seen as a respected race, and it is good luck to be able to be graced by a conversation with one of them. It is unsure if they have genders. Unsure of weaknesses. They usually have no name until they mature. The darker they get, the more names they add. Some have over ten names for their proper name. humanoid, ghost-like. Walking

Mutations may include: Being white still, as they grow older, older one that are less than 10’. No bad or good mutations.

They may not even exist, they’ve become something of a legend. There are rumored to be only seven of them in existence, if there really are any. White, Black, Blue, Red, Green, Gold, and Silver. Magic-based race. They apparently took refuge in the mountains near Nataly. Most are uncertain of what they even look like. Humanoid, dragon-features.

No mutations.

Your garden-variety human. Can use magic or technology, Have limitless ability for either. Depending on their amount of study of either technology or magic. Their culture depends on the races around them. They can only grow to 6’ or 7’ at most Their proper name can be four names at most.

Mutations may include: Albinoism, different colored eyes, having strands of differently colored hair. No good or bad mutations.

Awesomeness! *Does a jig*

'At's a lotta races. o_o; That said, I like the favorable/unfavorable mutations add on, so we know who the soulless fantasy gingers* in the room are. Also, I like the idea of playing a cow-person for some reason.

*I have nothing against gingers. Kari is hot.

lol, That one I got more of the idea from that race on WoW.

....I don't play it but my brother played it enough that I kinda thought it would be interesting.

And the mutations lead to whether your character gets a good job or not, or at least improves its chances. In this time, it might not always help.

I'm working on a map of the fantasy world right now, and there will be a secondary one for a close-up of Nataly.

I am in too!

But you already knew that!

If you weren't, we might have problems.

I'm in! looks like you spent a whole lot of time preparing this, no way it won't be awesome

Awesomeness.

Also, just in case its not widely known, this will not be a dice game, due to the fact that not everyone on Iwaku (Including me >.<;;;) knows how to use those processes. I want this to be open to most everyone. A join-at-any-time kinda game.

Think of most of the races as mostly humanoid, Save for the Conistanians, which are more like humanoid silhouettes. The one that would look the most inhuman would be the Kaetimians. The posture of all of these races would be in likeness of humans too, though the sins might have a bit more of a humped back and a thicker neck. Their legs would be thicker too to accommodate their posture.

I should be done with the maps soon. once that's done, and the rest of the written portions are done, I'll have it up.

Done inking the first map, will be coloring it soon. I'll put that one up here when it's done. When the second one is done, I'll put u the OOC

Color me interested. I'm gonna post in Blade's then I'll start making the character for this one.

Ok, colored the Seas and Oceans.

img042-1.jpg

Also, I apologize, my scanner is weird, so it didn't catch everything, and it put it on a tilt. I'll state the names that were cut off near the bottom.

Let's go through them! Ones that I think are of high importance, I will list information on.

1. Celena Sea
2. Frozen Salt Ocean - Got its name from the fact that it's extremely cold, which is due to the fact that it surrounds a mass of ice so cold that no one's willing to even step upon it or give it a name.
3. Floating Sea - One can easily swim from Nataly to Kaeti within two hours, but not get tired because it's extremely buoyant. It's impossible to drown in this sea.
4. Ocean of Souls - It is RARELY traveled due to happenings that would be comparative to the “Bermuda Triangle”, but amped up a couple times.
5. L’vantine Ocean
6. Sea of Hope - the waters are known for healing properties and is held with good fortune to those who manage to touch its waters
7. Mayna Ocean
8. Sycho Ocean - these waters, too, should be avoided, due to the madness it incurs.
9. Sea of Anima - for some unexplained reason, there is a large store of metal-like ore- particularly, a substance known as Animalutium, or, shortened to “Anima”, which is comparable to titanium and Kevlar, which is one of the hardest substances in Akehla.

Also, the names that got cut-off, here they are, starting from the left: Uptop, there's Ranivos, below it is Mirita, On the bottom, there's Crendos, up top again, that mass above Frozen Salt Ocean HAS no name.

Questions? Comments?

CLIMATES AND EXAMPLES OF LANDSCAPES FROM AKEHLA

Ranivos:

nelleke-pieters-photography19.jpg

Ranivos is affected by the proximity of the mass of ice and the Frozen Salt Ocean. It's cold, not as cold as the mass of ice, or Crendos, but still quite chilly. It's quite inhabitable though, more so than Crendos.

Mirita:

nelleke-pieters-photography14.jpg

Foggy and bleak, Miritia is almost always a little chilly, but never as cold as Ranivos, though it's never as warm as Nataly. It's the rainiest continent in Akehla. Storms are frequent.

Nataly:

beautiful-landscape-everywhere.jpg

A fertile landscape with plenty of water and resources, Nataly is one of the most inhabitable places. It can get quite cold in the more frosty seasons, but not for too long.

Crendos:

nelleke-pieters-photography13.jpg

The second coldest place, Crendos is much more inhabitable. During warmer and more fertile seasons, the layer of snow will melt away to reveal a humble amount of foliage and trees.

Kaeti:

2005-03-31-359-Grand_Canyon-Desert_View_Watchtower-girls-1.jpg

certainly the driest and hottest land in Akehla, water is scarce. It rains only twice in a season at most.

Siania:

wallpaper-fantasy-forest-in-depth-1280.jpg

Lush, fertile and a lot of foliage, but not too tropical. In the colder seasons, it's only lightly dusted with snow, if at all. Some may say that the conditions of Siania are due to the Sea of Hope being on its border.

Unnamed mass of ice:

le-conte-glacier_6772.jpg

Obviously this one sets the record for the coldest place in Akehla, with its only defining picture being a huge mass of ice.

The majority of these pictures are by a talented photographer named Nelleke Pieters.

Ok, first map is done

img043.jpg

The light areas are ice and snow, cold areas the brown ringing next to it would be more like permafrost. The lightest green is parries and fields. Darker green is forests. The reddish brown over Kaeti is desert. The darker brown is swamps. The yellow is beach and red is tropical areas.