Airships and Steam Engines - Visual Novel Role-Play?

Will this float or sink?

• Not sure/Other [Give reason]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absyinthe_Artica

Creator of Worlds
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Everyday
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Sc-fi, Horror, Steampunk, anything really
My goal with this group role-play is to compile all of the participants post and rewrite them as a visual novel script to be recreated as a visual novel to go through and play! For those of you who don't know what a visual novel is, I suggest going here and here, to do a bit of light reading and catch yourself up to speed! Now, as the title suggests this group role-play will be under the fantasy genre of steam-punk. The players in this game will be able to choose a class and spend a certain allotted amount of cogs (points) on skills. If enough people are interested in this idea, than I'd be willing to do add more perks to the game as well. So, whose in? If you have any questions let me know.

Ooh, this sounds like a fun idea. VNs have branching plots though, so how would that work in a roleplay? Every time a major decision gets made, we make a new IC thread and have a whole ton of ICs going off at the same time?

More or less. I'd make sure that the plot would stay consistent with the story.

Oooooooh! I'm definitely interested. VNs are cool! And I'm always supportive in OLEVN productions. Is there anything specific you need participants to do?

Oooooooh! I'm definitely interested. VNs are cool! And I'm always supportive in OLEVN productions. Is there anything specific you need participants to do?
I can't think of anything at the moment, once I make the OOC and everything I'll make sure to note if participants are required to do anything for this role-play.

Awesome! With a few more people we can start.

What are you going to do about the character images? It'll be copyright to use the ones we find so do you have someone to draw pictures for the characters?

I can draw them myself, so yes! :D

Nice. I'm a bit jealous as someone with zero artistic ability except for highly stylised biro artwork :D

Practice makes perfect! ^.^

Or as a chinese parent might say: Practice can never make perfect: do it again!

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
I suppose you're right! xo

I like visual novels, and so do some of my friends. Although I would need to know more about the plot. I have a character in mind though if things work out. I love the cog idea. xD

Well I had an idea that the universe is called Clockwork, and the starting town is called Calces. This is the place you go when you die, and the "Clock-Maker" will give you an automaton body with a new heart. Each heart is a different species, and you choose what kind of heart you want in your new body. The main plot is you are sent on quests to find out how you got to Calces and why you are there. Does that give you enough information?

So would characters look like robots or like humans/elves/squid girls?

More so like humans/elves/squid girls, and so on. But when I replicate your characters for the Visual Novel I'll make them appear robotic!

Well I had an idea that the universe is called Clockwork, and the starting town is called Calces. This is the place you go when you die, and the "Clock-Maker" will give you an automaton body with a new heart. Each heart is a different species, and you choose what kind of heart you want in your new body. The main plot is you are sent on quests to find out how you got to Calces and why you are there. Does that give you enough information?
Seems like it would make for a good visual novel story so far. :0

I think it'd be cool if they had a few traces of mechanical-ness, but I wouldn't be able to engage with characters whose faces appeared mechanical so maybe avoid that?

Thank you! I truly hope so, I'm working on setting up the OOC. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.