Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jun

Tokyo 2017. The streets are overflowing with life and action. The newest trend, called Air Treck has captured the hearts of many young Teenagers, who use these electrical Inliners to do risky tricks and fight alone or in teams for higher ranks.
These so called Storm Riders try to get closer and closer to the sky, flying through the air like they were born with a pair of wings. For many of them, just this enough, for others it's their goal to reach the highest rank and become a so-called 'King', someone who's atop of most other riders.
A lot of young riders try to get there, but it's a long way until one reaches that level and even harder to achieve it at all.

Plot

Currently, the world of AT is on the brink of chaos.
An unknown person or Team has started to kill high ranking Storm Riders, mostly kings. The only sign they leave is their emblem on the dead body, a typical theater mask, half of the face smiling, half of it frowning. Their first victim was the Sky King, followed by the Fang Queen, the Thunder Queen and the Flame King.
From what were originally 9 kings only 5 are left and Riders all over Japan start to get concerned about their safety and what is about to happen next.
Then again, not all are like this, and there are several Teams who abuse this shift in power by trying to take the open spaces for themselves.
And this is where our journey to the sky starts. We are a new founded Team called 'Armageddon', most of us pretty new in the scene and met through an internet forum post or a flyer in the city:

Ks4pNwd.png

Current Kings

• [fieldbox="Sonia Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
    Thorn King Flash
    99R2Dr3.png
    Former Thunder King, Flash declared himself the current boss of the kings, due to recent events, gaining a lot of hate but equally as much of support. He gives himself usually calm on the outside and tries to find the ones who murdered his friends. His real name's unknown.
    His Team is called 'Thunderwave', their emblem is a yellow fox running on a wave which writes out the Teams name.[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Gaia Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
    Stone King Aaron
    sG4Qi3X.png
    Aaron, more often called 'Forest' is known as the biggest asshole in Japan. He tends to say out exactly what he thinks in a way that makes a lot of people hate him. No one knows his actual face, since he's always hiding it under a black hood. Also, he has a thing for sweets, he got lots of them on him pretty much at all times. He's often seen with his best friend, 'Joker', who wears the same coat, just in white. Aaron helps out Volkner currently, and after the Fang Queen was murdered he joined his Team to pose a bigger threat.[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Ring Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
    Pledge Queen Jamie
    ajdL27M.png
    Not much is known about Jamie, since she isn't actively riding anymore. She has a big shop selling AT's in Tokyo, even though it's pretty hidden and looks shady, most Riders know of its whereabouts. She doesn't tune for a single person anymore, but instead decided on doing it for everyone. Back in the days, people used to call her 'Flying Sea' due to her white and blue hair.[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Lather Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
    Water King Deep Sea
    jMGPgVm.png
    His real name unknown, Deep Sea has a mostly cold personality. He usually kills all of his challengers if they battle for his Regalia. The only person he ever left alive during such a battle was Jamie when he took the Regalia from her, reasons unknown. He's very infamous for his behaviour, but he doesn't really care. His Team's called 'Deep Sea' too, his Emblem's a Sea Devil, the name of the team is part of its body.[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Over Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
    Rumble Queen Cynthia
    LoC3n9j.png
    Mostly known as 'Mystic'. Since these accidents started to occur, Mystic left her Team, trying to find the culprit solo. She doesn't really care about Flash much less listens to him. She is very impulsive but kind at heart and always listens to others problems.[/fieldbox]

Deceased Kings/Open Roads
[tabs]
[tab Flame Road][fieldbox="Flame Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]Flame King/Queen
-Open-[/fieldbox][/tab]

[tab Rising Road][fieldbox="Rising Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]Thunder King/Queen
-Open-[/fieldbox][/tab]

[tab Bloody Road][fieldbox="Bloody Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]Fang King/Queen
-Open-[/fieldbox][/tab]

[tab Wing Road][fieldbox="Wing Road, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]Sky King/Queen
-Open-[/fieldbox] [/tab][/tabs]

Explanations for the ones new to this series
  • [fieldbox="Air Trecks, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]Air Trecks are a variation of Inliners, working with high end technology that is used all over the world. They have motors build in them so that far jumps and high speed are easily possible. Even driving up on buildings, jumping from one to another is possible. In later fights of the original manga, people could go so far as to jump from one jet to another. AT's have inbuilt cards that save the data of a rider, saving their progress for example for later analysis.
    AT's are made out ofvery different parts or rare so that it is possible to have very unique ones. ATs most commonly have 2 wheels, but there are also some built with 3 or 4 whels on each AT.[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Storm Riders/Kings/Roads/Regalias, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]Storm Riders are the people who use AT's in contests for different goals. They fight to get better, gain parts or even the so called Regalias. Most Riders develop a unique driving technique, their own 'Road' to drive on.
    Each Road usually has a king, a really skilled Rider equipped with a regalia.

A Regalia is a piece of machinery built in an AT that lets its user do unique Tricks, sometimes even things close to supernatural stuff as producing flames, controlling parts of the earth or sea. The possibilities differ from each Regalia, but are always incredibly strong.
    If a Regalia is won in a Parts War, that doesn't automatically mean, that a member could just use it and become a king, because to activate a Regalia, special tricks are needed, which are usually learned by the Storm Riders of the same road.
    A road may also produce subroads or even an evolution of said road, there are no real 'rules' to it.[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Link Tuner, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]In high class riding, Storm Riders start to need a Link Tuner, someone who can repair their AT's and tune them to a level that surpasses even A-Class. A high ranking team may need such a Tuner to keep their AT's in good condition and even improve them personally for a member. Most kings have their very own Link Tuner for their Regalias.[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Classes, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]The class system helps riders to teach them the basic knowledges of driving Air Treck. To progress to a higher class, either you have to win 3 Parts Wars in the same class or one in a higher ranking.

The basic classes are F-C, while the advanced are B and A. The usual disciplines for these classes are:

F-Class
    The normal dash is this class' discipline. These sprints are usually done 1-on-1 on a flat ground

E-Class
    Class E's challenge is called 'Hurdle'. It's a lot like class F, just with bigger structures like buildings and such in the way.

D-Class
    Class C is called 'Cube'. This Parts War is a 1-on-1 fight in a closed room. The size of the room isn't set specifically, it can be small or as big as a school gym for example. The first person to be K.O. looses.

C-Class
    The C-Class Parts War is 'Air'. This is a Teamfight on 10 platforms of unspecified size. The platforms are taken down one after another by time and the last team to stand atop wins.

B-Class
    The B-Class fight is called 'Disc'. The goal of this Class' fight is to get a set amount of points in 3 different sets. The disc has to be transported to a specific ares to gain a point. If one holds the disc, they may attack any person of the enemy team, while the enemy team may only attack the holder of the disc. Of course one can pass it on to a team member. If anyone breaks the attacking rule, the enemy team gets a point.

A-Class
    The hardest class, it's called 'Balloon'. This fight is usually a 5-on-5 in which each member tries to capture the balloon in which each teams emblem is stuck. Before the start of the battle, different roles are set for each member, though not all roles have to be set:

-Panther--> Only the Panther of a team may touch the balloon, if anyone else does, said team will be disquallified. It's best to keep the role of the panther hidden from the enemy Team.

-Decoy--> Pretending to be the panther to get the enemy teams' attention.

-Ultimate--> The attacker, fighting the enemy teammembers

-Middle--> Support for Panther, Decoy and Ultimate

-Keeper--> Tanking the enemies attacks, or blocking them. The shield of the team.[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Parts War, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]A so called Parts War is a contest between single Storm Riders or Teams between each other. They fight for different prizes, mostly for AT Parts, but there are also fights over the different Emblems of a Team. Loosing your Emblem means being instantly disbanded.[/fieldbox]

Charactersheet!
Appearance:
Describe their looks or link a picture.

Name:
Whatever floats your boat.

Storm Rider Alias:
Your nickname, if you got one :D

Something between 13-18, if you'd like to be older or younger, please leave me a message why.

Personality:
Tell me about what your character is like!

Talents:
What are you good at? Are you the strategist of the group? Are just strong or fast or a quick learner? What would you like to be your position in the Team?

Background:
Why and when did your character decide to become a Storm Rider? Were they in a Team before? Do they know about the things that are going on in the AT-world right now? Do they want to stop it? What's their goal as a Rider? What are they doing besides being a storm Rider? Build something with these questions in mind. :>

[fieldbox="Rules and other notes, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
- First of all, this RP will probably contain a bit of fighting, but I won't stop you from writing anything as long as it sounds reasonable and you're not godmodding.

- The second thing is that I took out ALL of the canon characters, pretty much because I don't want to interefere with the original world.

- I'm looking for about 4-5 more players here.

- If we don't get the needed amount of players, you may also have a second character.

- I'd also love to have either a Co-GM or people willing to design Parts Wars with different Teams, because I will also play a character in this RPG myself and it would be easier for me this way. Of course I will still lead the story progression, for example important fights or events, but if you want to start a subplot, just leave me a message and you can have the lead until then!

- That said, I don't mind if you make up subplots or NPCs or whole Teams, as long as you guys don't start 3 different things at once, if you know what I mean.

- I don't expect perfect or huge posts, since I myself am pretty new to writing long texts in english, but I do expect more than 3 sentences per post. I am native German, so excuse me if I make mistakes, if I do some really bad errors please feel free to correct me, I want to get better at this. :>[/fieldbox]

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask or if I didn't explain something properly, just say so.
If there are questions about character creations, leave me a message too :>
I hope that, whoever read this far is still in this with me! If you are, feel free to post a character sheet and lets enjoy the skies together!

Characters:
Ayato/Drop, by rechonq

Hiro/Spector, by Kurogane86

Jun/Dragon by Jun

Tilde/Dip, by Snowball

-Open-

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Senchiha
Alright, cool, if someone can give me a quick summary of what's going on I can make a post asap!

Alright, cool, if someone can give me a quick summary of what's going on I can make a post asap!

The team (Armageddon) was initially assembled under Dragon (Jun). After assembling, information was exchanged and Jun departed while our trio (Dip, Drop, Spector) had a friendly race to test each others' capabilities. The race was a bit much for Dip and Drop, Dip having to stop for pain and Drop's ATs burning out. The group decided to go to an underground meeting of Storm Riders/Parts shop. At this point, we meet the Assassin King, Shinobi, and an old friend of Spector. While Dip and Drop were handing this, a rider appeared and challenged Shinobi to a Dash. However, the rider spent the match attacking Shinobi openly before slashing open his throat. It comes out that these are the Killer Riders, and they ambush the meeting and begin attacking. As a group, our trio manage to pull Shinobi out and escape, but Shinobi was too injured. He passes away, proclaiming Spector the next Assassin King and passing on his regalia.

From there, we are onto the next day, our characters separated and occupied by their everyday lives.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kurogane86
ok so I know were all teens so at this point we don't know that we go to the same school so how should we find out? any ideas?

ok so I know were all teens so at this point we don't know that we go to the same school so how should we find out? any ideas?
Oh dang. I kinda forgot the ages and stuff. xD

Hmm, actually figured Tilde might be a drop-out or something before, but being in school is possible. Could arrange it that perhaps we're all going to end up in detention for some reason or another? Either some sort of accident, or being late, acting out, etc? I mean, Tilde can be a loose cannon, and I imagine Spector might have some feels after watching his friend go. o.o Alternatively, we can potentially retcon at least being aware of each other/noticing each other -- well, okay, Tilde is pretty self-involved-- but you know : P

Alternatively, we could all be thrown into the same cram class or some such. Tilde's a year older, but I imagine she's behind in her schooling and has to catch up after her hospitalization.

Hmm, the only one I'm a little unsure about throwing into the school mix is Kei... He's the same age as Tilde and waiting for an acceptance letter for uni...

Well, we have each other's numbers, so it could just be text and meet up after school. We do need to integrate Kei though.

Oh man I forgot about that. Ok how about just skip school altogether and go straight to the park where they first assembled?

ok so I'm gonna go ahead and post.

Just fast forward through school and meet up at the park. I'm gonna go ahead and establish that summer is a few days away so that way we can go without school for a while.

Reactions: Snowball
Sounds good, sorry I have been a bit MIA, school got me all kinds of messed up lol

I will postpone my activity on this. I will eventually post when the time is needed.

It's not that i am dropping this. I made a character for a reason and i just don't want to let it go to waste am I right? I ensure Yusuke is the spy kind that will make him follow you guys in the shadows. I also changed the face claim to more of an academic approach that will help me post better.

That's fine. We're having a second meeting now, so it's a good time to jump in the RP, but if he's still stalking, that's fine too.

Appearance:

e60af31898aafbec0f9b0ecd13d65dd9--anime-oc-boy-kawaii-anime-boy.jpg

Name:
Sammy Jacson

Storm Rider Alias:
Weasel

Personality:
Sammy was never good at social interaction, some may call him more book smart than street smart. He is ignorant to most things people would consider rude or antagonistic and always tries to keep an optimistic view on everything. He always tries to be there for others, sometimes to the point of annoying them. Sammy always means well though, social interaction was never really a huge part of his life. Due to his ignorance he can be overly courageous in the worst of times. He likes to brighten the mood with jokes, but they more often end in the people around him rolling their eyes and groaning. After countless times of being discarded, Sammy just wants to find a group who will accept him for who he is.

Talents:
Although socially ignorant, Sammy is very intelligent in the sciences and in tactical work. He would probably work best as the builder strategist for the team. He isn't very strong so any role where he would have to fight in close combat is not recommended.

Background:
Sammy was born into a healthy home life, some even called him privileged. But his family always tried to keep him close, limiting his social interaction. Most of his childhood was spent cooped up in his home. To combat the boringness of it all he did a lot of research on his computer. In his research he found out a lot about AT's and stormriders. He dreamed of becoming one some day, so he trained. He realized his body just couldn't handle intense physical exertion, so he focused on building and looking up battle strategies. Eventually he became a genius in both fields. When he was 12, his mother died, he saw it as more of a good thing because now he could explore the outside world. Little did he know the world wasn't ready for him, and without his mom to support him, he became quite lonely.

I posted lol I just feel like posting.

Oh Snap Im guessing I have to be invited to the actual RP Chat

oh shiet my bad i thought you meant OOC chat... people need to look over your cs first

Firstly thank you for expressing interest. I will have to ask that you please remove your post from the IC. @Snowball @rechonq and I will need to review your cs before you are allowed to post.

Upon reading your cs I have a few questions.
1. What is Weasel's current storm rider level F class being beginner S class being Pro.
2. in your bio it states that he is a genius at building and strategy, does that mean he is a tuner?

• Thank You
Reactions: Tempest
Status
Not open for further replies.