Aiko City

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My name is Eirina Auteur, but feel free to call me the Librarian, 「Alice」, or simply the narrator," she introduced herself. "But worry not, I already know full well to whom I speak."
Satisfied, she gestured at some well-crafted wooden chairs behind the three.
"Please, have a seat, and I will explain everything."

"You're all currently in Aiko City. Life outside it, for mages, is absolutely nothing like what you shall find in here. For those of you who understand such things, the city just happens to be built directly on top of a mana spring of geological scale. For now, think of it as a sort of exhaust port for the mana of the Earth itself. It is far too contaminated for the planet to use at this point, but humans are very good at adapting to such things, so you will find mages from far and wide to be very taken with this place. On the other hand, this does have drawbacks. Creatures such as the chimera you saw will take form on occasion from the concentration of the tainted mana and form Mirror Realms, parallel dimensions that they hide in which can be hazardous to our world if left unchecked. Fortunately, that same mana crystallises in their bodies, and you shall find that exceptionally useful for use with your magic, so it is common practice here for mages to form hunting parties to deal with them.

But alas, the Catholic Church still has a great many roots in this country, and their witch-hunts have never truly ceased, merely removed from the public eye. The only reason this place is worth coming to in the first place is because the inquisitorial branch here was... inept. You shall find the longer you stay here that that has changed quite recently. Just this evening, in fact, although that's nothing to do with your arrival. As a matter of fact, if all goes to plan, that girl you met this evening may well soon become the new head inquisitor for Aiko City. Consider yourselves lucky. That paladin may prove terrifyingly competent, but at least she is merciful.

As for that man, leave him. If you wish to save him, you should have acted before his petrification. The way you are now, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. The crystal that paladin took, on the other hand, contains the soul of the woman the chimera devoured. There is an association of mages known as the Masquerade that operates in this city and functions as a governing body over the activities of the magic world. If you retrieve that crystal, you can bring it to them, and they have the facilities to at least partially save her. You will need to be quick, however, as the Church does not consider her savable at this point.

And as for me, you shan't need to worry. I am but a simple storyteller. You shall most likely see more of me, but will not need to worry so long as you do not get in my way; a course of action you would without a doubt find exceedingly difficult to even attempt.

Is there anything else you wish to know?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Before further questions could be asked the mirror realm seemed to speed up it's deterioration, the sky now a webwork of cracks and the mirror realm itself obviously beginning to shrink at a steady rate.
Staying much longer would lead to becoming trapped in the space between mirror realms and the real world.

Percival Emmerich

Percival was relieved when her intentions were made clear. She made chairs appear out of thin air, Percival was again surprised at her power. He remained standing then it hit him. "wait as we are now? so you can tell how strong we are at this point?" Percival cleared his throat. "I would like to know how to become stronger. my goal in life has become to stop the church from hunting down mages. I'd like to get strong enough to hold my own against the agents of the church."

Before Percival could get a response the ground shook as the mirror realm started to crumble. he looked up at the sky and realized they had only a short period of time before the entire realm colapsed. Percival grabbed Vi and threw her over his shoulder, he looked back and said. "We gotta go. swift!" He had cast another spell this one enveloping his legs giving him an increadably increase in speed and agility.

Percival ran straight tword Lakisha he grabbed her and continued to run to the border of the realm. he looked back at Alice and believed she could handle herself, although he wanted answers. answers to questions he had, answers to questions to come. Percival ran tword the edge and leaped out of the mirror world just in time, his swift ability had run out and he fell to the floor with the girls in his arms. he quickly rolled over off of them and bit his lower lip. Swift was a great spell to accelerate the user however Percival wasn't used to its effects, his legs twitched and convulsed as the huge amount t of mana left his legs. "Damnit."

After a minute of Percival groaning in pain he sat up, to watch the mirror world crumble and colapse. he looked at the girls. "sorry. I, didn't mean to just grab either of you but. as you can see." Percival motioned to the mirror world "it was an emergency."

Status
Not open for further replies.