Aiko City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fire ball slammed into the beast, seriously injuring it but even as it burned the beast seemed to become more resistant to the flames.
After a moment it roared again, and a beam of dark energy flew towards Percival.

Percival Emmerich

As Percival watched the beast take the blow he was disappointed to see it wasn't as intense as he had hoped. "Damnit, I guess one more." As Percival aimed ready to fire another fire ball the beast fired his counter attack. A beam of dark energy headed straight for the burly man. "Oh shit....um Swift!"

Percival's eyes grew bright as the light ran through his body giving him a sudden burst of speed. Unfortunately it wasn't sudden enough, although Percival avoided a direct hit the sheer force of the blast was great sending Percival flying. As he hit the ground he noticed the dark energy had grazed his left arm. The pain was similar to being burnt. He got to his feet and stood still, he knew a simple fire ball wasn't enough for this beast. "We need to immobilize it!" He shouted to the other mages. Percival knelt down and whispered "entangle." Percival's arm glowed as the light flowed from his arm to the ground.

All around the beast vines sprung up wrapping around its massive body. The vines were thick but still plants they could hold men but in truth Percival never tried them against a Chimera. He stayed in the kneeling position pumping magic into ground hoping to replace any vines the beast would destroy, hopefully the other two mages would take the opportunity to strike a powerful blow.

Suddenly, a gust of wind tossed Ameko off the creature, ruined her positioning. She clenched her teeth as she hit the ground rolling to break her fall. This seemed like the work of another mage. Not to her surprised, her suspicious were confirm by the lack of bright flame which struck the lion head. Now she was sure that she would have to hold off on taking the mages down. Still, her primary mission could still be complete.

After the beast launched its attack, Ameko used that recovery time plus the new mages vines to climb back on top the creature and ran for the snake head. Seeing how little damage her last attack did, she figure she bump it up to the next level.

Ant Strength

Magic infused her body with enhance strength tripling her attack power for a few seconds. This was just long for her to try one more slash at the snake head. [Japanese] "In the of my Lord, I shall repent thee from all thy sin!"

Reactions: Kurogane86
This time the slash cut the head halfway off, causing it to hang limply and blood to start gushing out, clearly it was on it's last legs.

Vi took the muscled man's hand and nodded along. "Hey Percy, my name's Vi. And yeah, I'll come wit'ye." She was lucky to have found a friend already, especially one so cute. This trip was already starting off on the right foot. Or, so she thought. She shook as a roar filled the sky. She looked in its direction "The fuck was that?!" She had never heard anything so loud in her life. "...people may be in danger." She looked back at Percy, concerned. "Yeah, but..." She contemplated what to do, but wasn't able to think of anything before there was a second roar, and Percy went off running. "Wait! Where are ye... Dammet." She ran after him, wondering what was awaiting them.

She stopped running when she found her answer. It was a giant beast, made up of three smaller beasts. She stood in awe and took in the scene in front of her. Not only was there the giant... thing, there was a girl with a scythe on her arm, another girl with a massive flail, and she was fairly certain her new friend just shot wind out of his hands. Other mages... Is this what they did? Fought giant monsters like it was a night out at the pub?

She watched the battle unfold, the fire, the vines, and mantis-girl almost taking the giant thing's head. She stood there, wondering what she could possibly do to help. She looked around, and saw a pile of rubble caused by the beam attack from earlier. She saw a decent sized rock and ran to grab it. She mumbled "Scrap Gauntlet" as she pressed it to her fist, covering it with the rock and turning it into a glove as hard as the rock it was made of. She sprinted to the beast and pulled her arm back. "Enhance!" She shouted. She focused the energy in her right arm, feeling the muscles become stronger, and the glove become harder. She leaped at the beast and swung at the head dangling off.

The dangling head flew off from the force of the punch, and the beast collapsed, it's many wounds and massive blood loss finally killing it, and as it died, it's body began to disintegrate.

Reactions: Kurogane86
Percival Emmerich

Percival watched as the girl with the scythe for an arm took advantage of his vines. She muttered another spell and was able to decapitate the beast. Vi his new friend made an appearance, she too appeared to be a mage. Vi struck the beast down dealing the final blow knocking the beast to the ground killing it. Percival stood slowly a little light headed from the use of so many spells at once. "The elder was right I need to work on my spell stamina."

Percival smiled at the other mages. "That was amazing. We did well working together." Percival smiled at Vi, "I'm happy my first friend in Akio shares similar interests." The good times were cut short when it dawned on Percival that there was a casualty. "We have to do something quickly." He looked around. "Does anyone know any healing magic?"

The beast finished dissolving and left behind a glowing crystal that clearly radiated power.
And any mages could tell that the woman's soul had been destroyed for raw power.

No sooner than the crystal had dropped to the ground did it freeze in place.
There it hung, its tip balancing curiously on the street in a physics-defying position.
It wasn't simply the crystal, either. The world seemed to cease to go by, entirely still, save the group who had just slain the beast.
The air itself seemed heavy, like water, but it didn't impede them in the least.

"Good evening, and welcome, fledgling mages..." said the girl in grey.

Without any warning or announcement, a girl in a grey dress had appeared.
Rather, perhaps she had appeared as the crystal was being suspended, but the world itself had simply paid her no mind.
She curtseyed politely, lifting her long skirt just a little, not taking that sly grin's eyes away from any of them.

"...to this staircase to hell."

Ameko jumped from the beast after another mage jumped into the fight. To think so many mages dared to gathered in one, no wonder she was called here. So much sin and even mirror worlds. It would be so much easier if everyone would give in and be purified. Even before that though, there where two things she had to take care of. That orb needed to be collected along with the statue before they turned up in the hands of sin. Though she personally never seen one, the church did explain how the sin from these beast held power energies that combine into a solid object. These objects could be used to empower a mage bring further sin to the body, should the mage be a sinner.

He had to do something quickly, but before she could act, the world suddenly changed. Was this another mirror world? Looking around, Amkeo saw the orb hovering above the ground. Following the phenomenon, enter a new threat. The source of all this weirdness.

"...to this staircase to hell."

Camouflage into Mantis Ambush

Ameko disappeared into the background after standing still and then activated her mantis ambush to move without breaking her invisibility. When she reappeared, she was standing with the orb in her arms. Her bladed arm pointed at the group of mages. However, she also positioned herself so that the new combatant was not out of her peripheral. "I am thankful for your help in ridding the world of that cluster of sin. As a servant of Kami-sama and a paladin of the Catholic Church, I offer you a chance to turn yourselves in freely to be purified and no harm will come to you." The magic on her arm dispelled itself as a jester of good faith.

"Please my fellow brothers and sisters of Kami-sama. I truly wish not to hurt you and I have another person special to me that I have to find before it is too late." A tear fell from her face as she remembered the order she was given. She did not think she could kill him now and only hoped he would see the errors in his way. Now was not the time for this. She backed up slowly very cautious of the new entity. If she truly was an agent of hell, then it was no point in fighting her. 10 seconds had pass by now so she still could disappear should someone try and jump her but she also had to try and save the statue. On an order of importance, she had to protect the orb first. However, she was always greedy when it came to the greater good.

Last edited:
Things happened a bit quickly - Lakisha had planned to jump in and coordinate, but she had been dazzled by the various magics she saw, and couldn't act. Their incredible works made her enchantments seem mundane. It was like when she cast her first illusion all over again. She stood back to observe, taking a moment to study her fellow mages techniques.

But before long, it was over. A jewel had appeared, followed by a girl in a grey dress, and then Ninja-Nun-Crusader snatched the jewel and was chanting about her opinions on God. That was sickening.

"Hell no," she muttered.

She figured the others would have Hell-Girl covered after that stunning show, so she made for the Ninja, intent on both kicking the self-righteous kunoichi's ass and collecting that jewel. Lakisha sprinted across the battleground, using her Vitae to enhance her athleticism to the extreme. She still had a good amount of time left on Vitae, and she intended to get some use out of it. Lakisha could easily intercept the Ninja with her Vitae, and she came out spinning her flail.

"You think you have the right to condemn a dude to this place or that, just because you listened to a dude's opinions on the subject? Them's fightin' words, yo, and right now, I'm in a bad damn mood, ya dig?"

Percival Emmerich

Percival's cries for help were ignored thanks to the new player that arrived. He stood there watching as she said they were to descend into hell. Percival wanted to know more about the new arrival so under his breath he cast an ability spell called. "Beast sense." His eyes glowed and suddenly he could hear, see, taste, smell, sense things like a wolf. Percival suddenly felt nervous, his senses were telling him this new person wasn't friendly and was a worth opponent. Percival shuffled slowly tword his new comrade.

"Vi?" He whispered. "Vi? I don't like this. I'm getting a strange vibe from..." Just then one of the mages disappeared and reappeared with the crystal the beast left. Percival suddenly forgot all about the new mage when she introduced herself as a member of the chirch. "The. Church?" Percival walked tword her. "Hurt me? Your orginazation already hurt me 17 years ago when you killed my mother." Percival's eyes started to glow brightly as his mana started to flow. "I will never join any organization that wants to kill people cuz they won't fall in line." Percival's fists were clenched as his anger was causing him to lose control of his magic. Sparks started shooting off of his hands.

Percival spoke again. "I just don't get how someone who is a magician can work with people who kill our kind on a daily basis?" He watched as she clutched onto the reliC completely ignoring the victim of the beast. "You don't even care to help those in need. WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT!!!?" Percival accidentally released a spell, a cold powerful wind flew in from behind Percival tword the agent of the church and the other mage who had already started to fight.

Vi was lost in everything that was happening. Who was this girl in grey? Where did she come from? What did she mean by 'staircase to hell'? And what was the bug-ninja going on about? The Church? She had no idea what a church would want with mages. And she didn't like the sound of that purification. Sounded painful.

She was about to tell the nun-ja where she could shove that crystal of hers for telling her what to do, but she was cut off by the other two mages running and shouting at her. "Um, guys? I can tell that you're angry, but are we just going to forget about, ya know, the girl who literally appeared out of nowhere?" First a giant monster comes and attacks everything, then a girl appears out of thin air, now everyone's attacking each other. "Feck, I could use a drink."

Reactions: Unyielding
Ameko figured as much. Sinners were normally not understanding of the Church's role. As such they always fought back against fate. Had events been different, Ameko would have been happy to engage in this fruitless fight of believe. Sadly she needed to disengage due to this servant of hell at her door steps. This needed to be reported right away to sister and she already had her hands full with the jewel.

The girl with the flail came charging at her in a blood thirsty rage and the hunters wind magic was following suit. They had too much ground to cover with their offense, forcing her to forgo any hopes of recovering the statue. Ameko disappeared, ducking under the fail girl's attack and then activated her second magic.

Flea Leap

Magic filled her legs and she jumped into the air out of the hunters wind spell and onto a building. she would reappear mid flight but after landing she disappeared again and started running to the church. Though her objective of keeping the jewel safe was a success, she still felt like a failure for being unable to save the statue and leaving the sinners with that figure of hell. Who knew how much warped their souls would become after hearing those sweet words of Satan.

The things those mages stated did confuse her. While she was aware that people who could not be brought back to be purified in japan where killed, it was only to prevent monsters like that from spawning. In fact, she had never personally murdered anyone in her life span. Still, it did not matter what they said. They were sinners and needed to be purified.

As the mages fought against each other, the removal of the catalyst began to have an effect as the sky began filling with cracks and buildings crumbled, the mirror world was beginning to break down.

Percival Emmerich

Percival watched as the other mage engaged in battle against the agent of the church. Percival lost his control and watched as his icy storm flew tword the two. Percival suddenly came out of his rage hearing Vi's cries for order. He looked at Vi then at the church's dog just in time to see her run away. He looked upset that she left but then looked upset he was embarresed that he had lost control like that.

Percival walked tword the others however something quickly grabbed his attention. It was if the world had split the magic that was filling the shy had suddenly started to crash down around them. He looked around to make sure people were ok, that is until he saw her. The mage from before the one that threatened them to hell, suddenly the weight of the situation had hit him. "This mage feels bad, her way of speaker, her presence the whole thing just screams bad guy." He made his way to his new companion all while keeping on eye on the new mage
"Hey, thanks for calling out earlier I was able to regain control. We should probably get going this mage is throwing off some intense vibes."

Percival looked at the mage that fought toe to toe with the agent of the church. He wondered if she was a friend? Could she handle herself? Could she take on this dark mage?. He shook his head to regain his composure he motioned with his head that the mage with the flail should be aware of the dark mage who was before them. It was then when he saw the statue, "damn it. We should try to save that person." He looked at his new friend, Vi. "What do you think? Can we reclaim the victum?"

"Tut, tut," the girl sighed. "All of you in such a rush. I shouldn't leave quite yet if I were you."
She lowered herself down gracefully onto the chair.

...The chair?
Just like that, it had happened again, as if the world was so focused on everything else that it had forgotten to include the chair within reality until it suddenly became relevant.

"After all, I'm sure you have a great many questions regarding what has just happened," she smiled coyly.

The damn ninja just jumped off through a building! Frustrated at the loss of the jewel, Lakisha turned her attention towards Devil Girl. The way she acted and caused things to occur, it was as if she was some eldritch protege to some thaumaturgist or something like that. It seemed the girl was bending reality to her will...

"What in the Hell... Questions? Yeah, I got questions. You got beef, little girl?"

It wasn't so much a dare as it may have sounded - Lakisha didn't relish the idea of hurting a kid, but this one was obviously demented. If it came down to it, Lakisha might have to bust some ass. Moreso, however, she was interested in the dude that came after the Cathedral Ninja with her - which may have sort of foiled her plans. Or maybe those gains would've happened either way. She was sure she'd meet Nunja girl again soon.

"Actually, you know what, I'm just wondering where I am, to be real. I came flying out of an airplane, I still ain't got my bearings."

That crucial detail had been left out until now. Already, she drops out of the sky, sees some amazing shit, and tempers flare. It was nice seeing other mages, but she needed to know what was going on.

Vi finally got around to removing the stone glove, when Percy approached her. She turned toward him as he thanked her. "Oh, yeh, no problem. I think I want to stay, though. I have quite a few questions about the shite that just happened."

Back in Detroit, none of this would've happened. There wouldn't have been any other magic people, no giant monsters, no shattering sky. She would've fixed up cars for gang members, gone to the bar, gone home, and that'd be it. This was so completely new to her, she didn't even know how to react. She just stood, hoping something would happen that made sense.

Percy had just asked her about, what? Reclaiming the man who was turned to stone?
"Wait, what? What do ya mean 'reclaim'? He's solid rock na'. What the hell is going on here?" She turned to the strange girl. "Hey, could ya please explain what's happening? I came 'ere for a vacation, hoping I could find out a bit more 'bout magic, and I ended up punching a lion's head off a three-headed creature. What was that? Why is that man stone? What does a church want with mages? What's happenin' to tha god damned sky?" All she needed was some answers.

Percival Emmerich

Percival was shocked that His new companion knew less than he and that the other mage who called herself Lakisha weren't aware of the grave situation. It must have been due to his Beast sense still being in effect that he was more aware of the dangers of the more powerful mage. He faced her and stood infront of Vi trying to protect her from whatever was coming. He spoke to her as he moved, "i don't know of any healing magic but still we can't let him die or even if there is a way to save him don't you feel we have to try?" He spoke to Vi as he kept his eye on the high level mage, suddenly she sat down and chair materialized out of nowhere.

"Wait, don't you need an encantation? how did you? out of thin air?" Percival's attention was brought back to Lakisha as she started mouthing off. he called out to her "ssshhhhh, don't do taunt the stronger foe. Let's just relax and stay sharp. we don't know her intentions." Percival called out to the seated mage. he cleared his throat. "My name is Percival Emmerich. May I please have your name? Also what is your intentions with us?"

Status
Not open for further replies.