AHS Stolen Abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you be getting your intro in soon Milky? Everyone else has posted their's.
I will work on it, i just have to figure out how to get out of this straight jacket so i can type and look at the same time

I will work on it, i just have to figure out how to get out of this straight jacket so i can type and look at the same time
Great news! Hopefully it will be up tonight.

~~~

Everyone's intros so far were really great! I had to love them all :heart:

Reactions: RiniPinja
Update ~
I added another rule to the 'Rules' section and made a change to rule 1.
I didn't realize how small a post (two paragraphs with only 6 sentences each) would be.
Please review the new rules when you get the chance!

Alrighty! I read the new rules and changes to rule #1.

Just to let you guys know, I'll be gone like all tomorrow. :smile: going to universal studios with my family! I'll be reading posts on my phone, but it'll be kind of difficult to answer. I'll try my best to post again when I come home tomorrow night though!

As far as the paragraphs go, do you mean the paragraph HAVE to have 10 sentences each? Or would having 20 sentences span out through several paragraphs also count? :D

That's perfectly fine Twilight! I hope you have a blast - I've always wanted to go there :)
Addressing the paragraph thing: Yes, that is acceptable. As long as there are at least 20 sentences :P

Here's an example of how a post would look if the rule stayed 6 sentences minimum for 2 paragraphs:

[dash=red]Aella is an unwilling medium and she sees dead people whether she wants to or not. She is also able to communicate with spirits, but she avoids doing so normally, because it scares her. Aella sees her mediumship as a curse, and she wishes she didn't have it. Her secondary ability, a gift, is Sight Sharing. Aella is able to see through the eyes of another person or share her own sight with others (including sights they can't normally see in the worldy dimension). She keeps her "curse" and "gift" a secret from the people she does not trust.

Aella is an unwilling medium and she sees dead people whether she wants to or not. She is also able to communicate with spirits, but she avoids doing so normally, because it scares her. Aella sees her mediumship as a curse, and she wishes she didn't have it. Her secondary ability, a gift, is Sight Sharing. Aella is able to see through the eyes of another person or share her own sight with others (including sights they can't normally see in the worldy dimension). She keeps her "curse" and "gift" a secret from the people she does not trust[/dash]

Here's how it would look with around 10 sentences each for 2 paragraphs:

[dash=green]Aella was adopted by a Greek mother, Barbora Bernier-Lamelle, and French father named Antonin Lamelle. Her mother was unable to conceive a child and so she and Aella's father decided to adopt a precious baby girl. Little did they know that Aella was a special newborn who would discover her psychic abilities as she would grow older. Within the first week of bringing her home, her mother and father experienced what they believe to be a haunting in their apartment in Toulouse. Aella was never discovered to be the reason of the frightening incident until years later. Her parents first realized that their new baby wasn't normal when she was only two years old. She would point at corners of a room or stare into mirrors for long periods of time and cry at random moments unprovoked visibly. As she grew up, Aella never really encountered a murdered spirit or evil one. She always found the ghosts that she would find to be rather pleasant and friendly; ghosts that died of old age and only had positive unfinished business.... until she would be captured by the cultists and realize that not all ghosts are friendly.

On the normal side of her life, Aella was homeschooled by her father who studied philosophy and worked from home as a successful web designer. Her father was surprised and very proud of how easily she learned and applied things. However, her parents were worried that she wouldn't be able to fit in well with other kids, because of her strange behavior and talk of seeing people that weren't around. Aella was taken to child psychologists would couldn't diagnose her with a clear cut disorder besides the possibility of schizophrenia, but she was way too well behaved to seemingly have it. Surprisingly, Aella got along well with other kids and knew how to deal with them in a beneficial way. She got use to her friendly ghost experiences, and promised herself that she would try and accept that she wasn't like the majority of other kids. Aella never really knew that she could help the ghosts find their way to the other side and she never really knew how to help. One day, her mother's close friend revealed that she was a medium as well and that Aella reminded her of herself when she was little.[/dash]

The latter clearly shows more effort. However, you can space the sentences however you like!

Like this for example:

[dash=yellow]Aella was adopted by a Greek mother, Barbora Bernier-Lamelle, and French father named Antonin Lamelle. Her mother was unable to conceive a child and so she and Aella's father decided to adopt a precious baby girl.

Little did they know that Aella was a special newborn who would discover her psychic abilities as she would grow older. Within the first week of bringing her home, her mother and father experienced what they believe to be a haunting in their apartment in Toulouse. Aella was never discovered to be the reason of the frightening incident until years later.

Her parents first realized that their new baby wasn't normal when she was only two years old. She would point at corners of a room or stare into mirrors for long periods of time and cry at random moments unprovoked visibly. As she grew up, Aella never really encountered a murdered spirit or evil one.

She always found the ghosts that she would find to be rather pleasant and friendly; ghosts that died of old age and only had positive unfinished business.... until she would be captured by the cultists and realize that not all ghosts are friendly.

On the normal side of her life, Aella was homeschooled by her father who studied philosophy and worked from home as a successful web designer. Her father was surprised and very proud of how easily she learned and applied things. However, her parents were worried that she wouldn't be able to fit in well with other kids, because of her strange behavior and talk of seeing people that weren't around.

Aella was taken to child psychologists would couldn't diagnose her with a clear cut disorder besides the possibility of schizophrenia, but she was way too well behaved to seemingly have it. Surprisingly, Aella got along well with other kids and knew how to deal with them in a beneficial way. She got use to her friendly ghost experiences, and promised herself that she would try and accept that she wasn't like the majority of other kids.

Aella never really knew that she could help the ghosts find their way to the other side and she never really knew how to help. One day, her mother's close friend revealed that she was a medium as well and that Aella reminded her of herself when she was little.[/dash]​

Last edited:
Phew, yeah, that's an awesome example!!! (The writing was also a lot more exciting in the longer example. :D)

• Love
Reactions: True North
Thanks for clearing that up with that awesome example :3

• Love
I posted my first IC, how bad is it?

For paragraphs I've always tended to try to stay away from too much in one paragraph for being too bulky. Sometimes a paragraph is meant to end where it's at. So I think personally, a range of sentences should be best. For example, a paragraph has to have a minimum of three sentences to be considered a proper english paragraph. But where dialogue is concerned, sometimes it could be as short as one sentence or even two. 10 is a little on the long side, especially if you've got longer sentences strung together with commas. Perhaps it would be better to say an average of 5-8 sentences per paragraph?

Last edited:
  1. All members will be expected to post a minimum of two 6-8 sentence paragraphs (spaced how you like). Failing to do so will be accompanied by only one friendly reminder.
There, that's my final revision of that rule.
I don't want to hear one complaint if someone's posts are minimum sized every time though :P

Reactions: Melia
Hey everyone, I've been really busy today and I start night classes tonight at college. I may not post a reply tonight, but if I do it will be late!

Have a good first day/night! :3

• Thank You
Thank you! This semester is starting off strange, but I'm hoping it goes well. I will have a reply up tonight :)

Reactions: Twilight Starseeker
Hopefully my post is enough for you guys to reply to. It's been a long day, and I'm ready for bed!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.