Agents Temporalis (non-serious meta-VRMMORPG )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Hopeless Romantic
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Premise
Agents Temporalis: A genre-bending, full-dive VMMORPG where the players are part of a special group of soldier. The Agents Temporalis, a taskforce created to protect the timeline from the time-travelling Temporals, an alien race hoping to colonize Aurastia for themselves. The Temporals travel into the past to change history to weaken the Aurans in the war that is happening in the current time. And so the agents complete quests (in standard MMO fashion) that protect and put history right to keep the balance as it is.

The Players will be a small group of friends who play the game together, knowing each other in RL. Even though it is an MMO, each player or group has their own instance of each would, with the Nexus being the place to meet, group, and trade.

Times

Bronze Age (Ancient Rome )
Feudal Age (Medieval Europe)
Powder Age (Colonial America)
Steam Age (Industrial Revolution)
Network Age (Modern Times)
Cyber Age (Cyberpunk [Matrix/Robocop Tech])
Ascension Age (Medium-tech Sci Fi)
Nexus (High-tech Sci Fi)

Combat/Mechanics
During all direct combat scenarios and actions against the enemy will have overall structure from me but the details will be up to the players (i.e. I'll write something like "you can kill three guys, or two and strike at the mini boss" or the such, and allow the player to improvise how he kills them). If players would like to take some sort of direct action not offered, simply run it by me in I'll give you the possible results of that action.

Mooks (Untitled enemies) Are able to be killed to the number given. Titled enemies, {Elites ; Minibosses ;Bosses ; Megabosses} Are all enemies that you must post strikes, bolded attack attempts for, rather than outright killing them. Your characters can also take wounds. Wounds will be emoted by me in combat posts, and will be bolded like strikes.

Gambits
are high-risk, high-reward maneuvers that can turn the tide of battle if successful, or seriously hinder you is they don't work.

The players accept quests from the nexus to gain rewards and experience, as well as advance the story. Or, once level five is reached, the party can go into a specific time and area to do dungeon, grind for loot, etc. The party would be allowed 3 deaths a mission/hunting trip before being kicked out and penalised with the fourth.

Loot is in the form of crafting materials, which every character gets one copy when it is picked up, except for rare loot which will be distributed by the players. Weapon and armor upgrades will be crafted between missions and/or game sessions, made from loot and handled OOC.

Equipment/Classes
Most types of weapons, including swords, axes, bows, guns, polearms, etc.
Armors From fastest to Strongest: Speed Armor, Flight Armor, Fight Armor, Tank Armor

The look of the equipment will be chosen by the player {For swords: [Feudal Style (European Longsword)" "Feudal Style (Asian Katana)" "Sci-Fi Style (Plasma Blade)" Etc.]} in order to personalize the character, the skin being the same no matter what time they go into. The weapon and armor stats would be influenced by which materials are used to create it.

Each player will have two 2 weapon sets and a secondary. However, you will be locked to 1 set for the first ten levels.

Each set has 2 hands. So for a ranged class with 2 sets, you can take a rapid-fire weapon and a precise weapon, or a close-ranged gun and dual pistols, or dual pistols and a explosive weapon, or a pistol and armshield, and a rapid fire weapon...

Also, depending on the subclass you choose (unlocked at level 10) you will begin to gain skills and such that will make certain types of weapons better choices.

Frontline (Causes most damage) [Fight Armor]
Tank (Can take most damage) [Tank Armor]
Ranged (Causes most precisely damage & best crit. hitter) [Flight Armor]
Supporter (Healing & Buffs) [Speed Armor]

And each class will branch in 2 talent trees.

Frontline into full-attack DPS (dual-wield or two-handed) or Cavalry (gets a battle-mount)
Tank into Mobile Fortress (1H weapon + Tower Shield; or Tower Shield two-handed) or Balanced (1H weapon + Shield)
Ranged into Gunner (Bow & Arrow, automatic weapons, etc.) or Destroyer (Crossbow, Missiles, Sniper Rifles, etc.)
Supporter into Bio-Engineer (heals ppl, also has poison stuff and stim-packs) or Robotics (set up automated turrets, other traps and use other technologies such as mobile stealth fields, shield generators, etc.)

How Leveling works-

When you Level (Generated purely by narrative) You gain 1 point. For the first 10 levels you only have the base class tree, unlocking the sub-class trees at Level 10.

You can spend your single point on any of the talents (Active Skills) or traits (Passive Bonuses) that I come up with. The trees will evolve based on your actions and skills, So, in theory, two characters will not get the same trees, even though they are both Ranged classes.

Also, the more you spend on a tree, the better the choices will be for that tree.

Skills will be given per character, at a choice of three picks per level, given in OOC. Cooldowns and effects will be handled by me.

About Rezzing:
Rez spell, or recovering the spirit stone out of battle, or reincarnating at the nearest portal

The spirit stone emerges out of a dead body, and can be interacted with after battle to rez without using items.

About Damage to bodies IRL and IG:

IG body Damage: The virtual body feels it, but no damage or pain gets transferred IRL
IG Severed limbs and such: What happens is the divegear locks down any waves going to that arm, and doesn't transfer them. Therfore, no moving a non-existant arm
IRL body Damage: The game comes up with a warning stating that your body is compromised, and gives you an emergency logout option, saving what loot you got from the mission and getting you out quick

Despite all the rules, this is not a serious RP. It is somewhat comedic, for fun, with ability to meta in the game, and plan stuff for the game in the RL scenes. Romance between characters is not forbidden. Please be able and willing to post at least once a week and be active in OOC.

~Characters~

IRL Character
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Looks-
Personality-
History-

In-Game Character
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Looks-
Class-
Equipment-
CS SHOULD INCLUDE
  1. Weapon Set 1
  2. Weapon Set 2 (After level 10)
  3. Secondary Weapon
  4. Talents and Traits [Preferably in Spoiler]

Last edited:
Reactions: Quiet One
@Esper

Thank you for your interest! I'm very much hoping it'll be fun too!

Interested. Trying to decide between Bronze or Steam age. On the one hand, a heavily modded Roman legionnaire could be fun. On the other, I'm a huge fan of the steampunk aesthetic.

What tech level would you classify Shadowrun as? (Fully functional and articulate cyber limbs, etc.)

What tech level would you classify Shadowrun as? (Fully functional and articulate cyber limbs, etc.)
Shadowrun would be the cyber age, I do believe. It's actually a Cyberpunk game in and of itself. :D

But yeah, the area in the cyber age would be similar to the tech and such of a thing like shadowrun. Ascension age would be something similar to a space-age semi-utopia.

The Nexus is about similar to this
utopia_city_1_by_tlbklaus-d7rfzg1.jpg

So the ascension age of Aurastia would be just slightly less advanced, I think.

@Esper

I had a friend once tell me that it's against the rules to have CS's in an interest check. So with that, I'm not sure. ><

If you want, though, you could perhaps PM me your character? Oh, and by the way, a picture or description (or both) is fine for any of the looks, for character or equipment. Should have added that in. :-)

@Esper @Quiet One

I have added in some things that I realize I should have before. If you ever have questions, feel free to ask!

Each player will have two 2 weapon sets and a secondary. However, you will be locked to 1 set for the first ten levels.

Each set has 2 hands. So for a ranged class with 2 sets, you can take a rapid-fire weapon and a precise weapon, or a close-ranged gun and dual pistols, or dual pistols and a explosive weapon, or a pistol and armshield, and a rapid fire weapon...
How Leveling works-

When you Level (Generated purely by narrative) You gain 1 point. For the first 10 levels you only have the base class tree, unlocking the sub-class trees at Level 10.

You can spend your single point on any of the talents (Active Skills) or traits (Passive Bonuses) that I come up with. The trees will evolve based on your actions and skills, So, in theory, two characters will not get the same trees, even though they are both Ranged classes.

Also, the more you spend on a tree, the better the choices will be for that tree.

Skills will be given per character, at a choice of three picks per level, given in OOC. Cooldowns and effects will be handled by me.

About Rezzing:
Rez spell, or recovering the spirit stone out of battle, or reincarnating at the nearest portal

The spirit stone emerges out of a dead body, and can be interacted with after battle to rez without using items.

IG body Damage: The virtual body feels it, but no damage or pain gets transferred IRL
IG Severed limbs and such: What happens is the divegear locks down any waves going to that arm, and doesn't transfer them. Therfore, no moving a non-existant arm
IRL body Damage: The game comes up with a warning stating that your body is compromised, and gives you an emergency logout option, saving what loot you got from the mission and getting you out quick

Actually, I didn't understand the leveling up system at all. :( Could follow the part about the guns, though.

Actually, I didn't understand the leveling up system at all. :( Could follow the part about the guns, though.
Said in non-gaming terms.. when you level up, I give a choice of 3 skills and/or traits in OOC. You pick one, and then it goes into your CS.

Also it seems like sometimes my second quote breaks >< just in case...
How Leveling works-

About Rezzing:

That touches on something I think I might have missed - the players are in some sort of VR system? I'm not too surprised, but I wasn't expecting the gameplay to be somewhere between Oculus Rift and The Matrix. Just looked back and didn't see that in there.

Have you ever watched Sword Art Online? It's a full-dive system which means that

No anime, so no. I don't have the money!

@Esper @Quiet One

How would you two feel about starting the OOC with just us three so we can get our characters up?

As well, do you have anything against a GMPC? Finally, feel free to tag and invite anyone you know who might want to join. :smile:

Hey Mythy, it's good to see you again.

How many characters per person?

@Crow

Hello again! :-3

Well, technically two, but literally one. That is.. I would prefer for each person to have just one character, to keep it as a small group of friends. Though at the moment I guess an exception wouldn't really matter right now..

Anyway! Yeah, I am thinking one character. Also, just fyi what it seems like we're missing is a support. Though you can be anything you want. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.