3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!

PSX_20180809_160134.jpg

~| The 'Rewiring' BSB | The 'Rewiring' IC | AGENT 94 | The 'Descending' IC | The 'Descending' BSB |~

| Ada | Bella | Conway | DeeDee |
|
Euler | Jaycie | Keijo | Sabai
|

This is The Panther.
jetpanther.jpg

• ~THE PREDATOR

ID: Agent 94.

Sex: Female

Predator Type: Panther.

She is a big, black cat yet she is even larger than a normal panther. In her animal form, Agent 94 is 11 feet long and 370 lbs. Her eyes sometimes do glow bright yellow and her hide is nice, shiny and sleek. Uses her tail to point at things. And normally seen rolling her bright yellow eyes. There are wound marks and scars all over her body. Of note: Nape of neck, under chin, left flank, left rear leg and right forepaw. These however do not show up in her Sapient form.

Years in the BLOCC: 81 days.

~PERSONA

• Intense and Attentive - Does not say much but when she does, she is curt, to the point and oozes with a 'never-back-down' attitude. Eyes always bright and glinting, stares a lot, quick to glare.
    • Aggressive - Quick to attack yet always willing to fiercely protect. Does not hold back in a fight.
    • Loyal - Will keep her word, never betray and follow orders like a good little soldier yet loyal to herself first and foremost.
    • Up-keeps Appearances - always clean and well groomed, yet sometimes pushes her grooming standards upon others too often.
    • Combat Intellect - Takes training seriously and knows routines, drills and procedures and can dish out much punishment.

Praise, Physical combat, Physical training, Cats, Treats, Climbing, Swimming, Getting groomed, Night time.

Disikes:
    Disorder and sloppiness, Frailty (physical), Dogs, Fire, Being called: "Kitty," being woken up from her little naps, large parties or gatherings (10+ individuals), deeper than superficial interactions.

• <~<>~>

~THE ARROW

Nearly 6 foot tall. Blue eyes with vertical slits, turning a glowing yellow every so often. Short, soft, jet black hair. Well muscled. She is hiding her tail in this picture. Speaks with a soft French Accent.

You are a 'Dex.' This is a 'Scar.'
    They call you 'Muppet.' This is called an 'Arrow.'

bc6ec2445b02247f714f0a01727ee7bc_d5fk0mt.jpg

• <~<>~>

~THE PREY

Jaycie ~ Blue Jay
    ~The Smooth Sounding Bluebird~
    What a bloody fool. No, really, she thinks she can protect everyone by just acting like she's a brick wall of 'emo support?' Stupide birdie. She has more feels than brains, I'll give her that. At least the she feels. I don't care. Lucky for her, I was just on the end of my shift or else she would have gotten what she deserved. But I saw it. She's Marked too. She'll be useful too, I guess. I wonder if she knows she can make 'em go all Aggro too. Tout ce que vous voulez... Little weakling Jaycie will comfort the other little weaklings once they see the really, real world out there.
    A bit of a retraction. Over time I've noted that she is not so much stupide as she is gullible; easily manipulated. Yet she is quite the team player and morale booster, no? She has been one of those Marked that has been selected and we will take her from here. The confrontation went better than expected. A gun to her head and she did not scream nor panic. Stumbling block in that she genuinely does like it here, but a few choice words and name drops and she was instantly turned to favour escape. MindSpeak reception was flawless; she will pick up BCT rather quick, however, I discovered that she will not be able to transmit since she is still a fresh find. But Fauna form spiritual integrity is quite intact. In touch, for sure. Welcoming, daring and smiling, she will serve well to keep spirits high and keep them together, regardless that her survival is doubtful during go time.

Bella ~Ferret

~That Sensitive Ferret~
    Poor sight. Poor reaction. In the midst of the team of trusted Agents how does this girl fare? She stutters and stumbles along. The other Agents did not see that she was Marked. Fortunately, I may see such things. And just as fortunate she saw through my mates' endeavour to intimidate. Rather, she sensed it, no? Empathic stability in times of danger and threats. That shall prove to be useful for the Prey out there. They have absolutely no clue as to what is happening out there in the really, real world. And they have no clue as to who is really on their side out there.
    It is now apparent that she will give the others a dose of what they truly need: loyalty and a reality check. She is Marked and selected for us to take away from this place. I thought she would buckle but no, the confrontation went well; instantaneous positive spark regardless of the gun at the back of her head. It is very obvious she does not want to be a pet to some billionaire and it is obvious she wants out. Good. MindSpeak reception was flawless. Strong BCT due to being a Year 3 is a major benefit. And Fauna form spiritual integrity is rather intact and in touch. Hard-headed, unfiltered speech yet she is very friendly and has the backs of her Prey mates. Bella's head may be filled with too much clutter about love, but that neverending hope will carry them onward. Chance of survival is good for go time.

Ada ~ Sparrow
    ~The Sparrow with Nerves of Steel~

What is it about this Prey that makes her think she can stare me down like that? She has guts, I guess. I didn't have to turn away, but I did-- luckily for that Handler. And hey, he now learned to keep his bloody mouth shut and hands to himself. And know what else? They are lucky I saw it. I saw the Mark in that little birdie. She's one of Those kinda' Prey. Ada is it? I'd just as soon eat that lil' birdie for breakfast... but no... She'll come in handy come game time. And let's see if she figures out she can Push away Cutter now... But very well then. There are less friendly Predators and other things out where we're headed. Unfriendlies for sure.
    Over the time I've been here, I've witnessed the little Sparrow's mettle time and again. And so now, she had been selected as those Marked that we will take from here. The confrontation went well. She held her composure as a weapon with kill rounds in it aimed in her direction. Instantly I found out she does not like it here. First thing out her mouth. MindSpeak reception was flawless; she will learn BCT rather quick. And Fauna form spiritual integrity is quite intact. Definitely in touch. Headstrong, bold, calm in the line of fire, and cares for her friends, Ada will serve as perfect catalyst to get others out of here. When it is go time, I truly believe she will survive.

Euler ~ Snoeshoe Hare
    ~The Elusive Hare~

Another bunny. Another stammering, fearful weakling. Buuut... This one is different from the other long eared tasty Prey. This one thought it could pull a facade on me. There are way better actors here mon Dieu, pour certaine mais it was how it tried to pull 'the fast one' on me. Even though I could literally see right through it, it still manged to create a ghostly 'image' of itself. It is Marked. And it will be useful for the other Prey, to ensure their survival; especially for the worse off long-ears. It seems to be the fastest runner too. Good because it will need that speed when we run. It will make a great decoy, no?
    As time passed on, I realize now that facades is what she is all about. But it is the calm behind those faces that matter most, no? And so she has been selected as one of the Marked that we will take away from here. Confrontation situation went well. There was no breakdown and she wants out. There is some concern regarding her burdensome loneliness, however being with those familiar and friendly with her will help. Mindspeak is flawless. She is however, a Year 1 and her BCT is stunted, yet there is still time to hone it. Fauna form spiritual integrity is as should be; intact and in touch. Calm and unwavering, she will be an anchor for them when it gets rough. And, she will be there to listen to them when they need her; there will be times they need that most. Go time survival is considered great for this one.

Conway ~ Pygmy Hedgehog

~The Hedgehog With a Fine Heart~
    A carrot. This little weakling pincushion tried to placate me with a carrot. Really. But it was not what it offered but how it offered up the carrot. Even though I could smell right through the ruse, it tried to 'fascinate' me with the item. The Hedgehog is Marked and it will prove to be useful in survival outside these walls. Compassion and friendship has been ingrained in this one and the other Prey will definitely need such luxuries where we will be headed.
    A few things I've noted about this Prey: not only is it an optimist but it is also has a mind like mine own. Will and Way. It what the others must find and affirm themselves with. Alors, he has been selected as one of the Marked to come with us. The confrontation went well. No outburst and he wants to be with all his friends. But still worrisome is the need to stray from crowds. As long as he does not go down the Lone Path he should be fine. Mindspeak is flawless and spiritual integrity is strong, and intact. In touch pour certaine. Positive and always thinking outside the box, he will provide them ways to constantly overcome the burdens and strife of life on the run. Doubtful but hopefully survives go time.

DeeDee ~ Lop-Eared Dwarf Bunny
    ~UnAwakened~

Soon.

Sabai ~ Mixed Gecko

~UnAwakened~

Soon

Keijo ~ Crow

~UnAwakened~

Soon.

<~<>~>

~THEME:

<~<>~>

So then. Tell me what she thinks about you, Prey:

<~<>~>

Last edited:
~Those Glowing Eyes.~

You only know her as Agent 94 or just The Panther.

Yes, she was one of those near two-dozen Predators that came into the facility; she was one of those invasives that contaminated the BLOCC. They were soldiers known as 'Arrows.' And yes, you know what exactly is meant by 'contaminate.' The Panther was one of the leaders of the the invasive Predators, but she was quite different.

She rarely spoke. But her eyes... Whether as the Panther or as 94, dark haired Sapient form, those eyes were so intense and piercing. They glowed sometimes too. Especially when she stared at you. It was as if she was judging you, but even more so; evaluating you. So, do you remember those times she seemingly appeared out of no where?

Do you remember what she saw you doing? Do you remember how she looked at you?

Do you remember her eyes?

Yes, they glowed. And yes, they made you feel uncomfortable. Very, very, very uncomfortable. 94 seemed to be sizing you up.

As a Predator would Prey.

Claim one scenario and write about what The Panther saw you do or saw in you to 'select' you. When done, post it in this thread. Once agreed upon, it will go on The Panther's CS.

Be creative. Be impressive. This was a moment when you showed her something perhaps no one expected. Perhaps you exemplified one of your traits. Perhaps something more. But know that there was no way you could out-fight nor overpower her. But something happened that changed how she viewed you. So tell us. What happened?

<~~~<>~~~>​

~The Panther ran through your level of the BLOCC, big ivory teeth bared as she bolted past the techs, handlers and physicians.

hallway.jpg
She leapt over a cart with sensitive testing equipment on it. She intentionally knocked over a man you knew as: Cutter. She roared once, and like seas parting, the employees stepped aside and let the Panther dash past them.

They gasped and pointed. The Panther left huge claw marks in the concrete floor.

And then she leapt at you, murderous intent more than apparent in those yellow eyes, giant paws flashing razor sharp claws.

No, it was not you at whom she leapt. It was your Handler.

She knocked your Handler over and pinned them to the ground with a very resounding and painful thud. Blood splashed the wall next to you. The Panther's snout was pressed into your Handler's face. Whatever message passed between the two, you were oblivious. But then she looked over at you. Seemingly in that heartbeat when your eyes met, you knew that she was judging you, appraising you somehow.

Big yellow eyes flashed and glowed that eerie yellow. The Panther regarded you as you did what you had to do.

The Panther gave one final look at your Handler, a low rumbling thundered out from her chest. She licked her chops once, then slowly padded away from you.

The Handler's treatment of you changed from that day on.

<~~~<>~~~>​

~In the lift and heading down, down, down.

Elevators.jpg
This was a service lift and it was crowded today, there was even a pen completely sealed save for the holes in its metal sides. You could not see what was inside, but the pen was gigantic. And whatever was inside was growling softly each time the lift stopped at a floor.

Then at a particular floor, the doors opened. It was 94 and several other Arrows. They ushered everyone out, forcefully or not, weapons drawn and pressed into faces or not, as you hid behind the pen. You could not see what they were doing, but you could hear them fiddling about, attempting to open the pen.

On the next floor, the other Arrows repelled all those who wished to enter, forcefully or not, weapons drawn and pressed into faces or not. The other Arrows exited, doors slid close and the lift continued down. That left: Agent ~ 94, the thing inside the pen, and you.

94 reached over and pressed a button. The lift stopped.

She knocked on the wall twice and when you looked up she was staring at you, pointing towards the opening to the pen.

Whatever happened next, she just regarded you with that same neutral expression. Yet normally blue eyes with the vertical pupils glowed an eerie yellow.

She then opened up the panel with buttons on them, fiddled about then the lift continued down. She then brushed you aside and closed the pen door. When the doors opened next, she single-handedly dragged the pen out from the lift.

You were left alone as the doors closed and the lift continued down, down, down.

<~~~<★>~~~>​

~Leisure time.

leisure.jpg
You had gathered with some other Subjects. Whether you knew them or not or whether you were trying to make friends or not, they were enjoying their time with you. They liked the story you were telling.

Then suddenly, you saw their faces turn from expressions of joy to that of singular, abject terror. But it was too late for you to react. They were gone by the time you looked over your shoulder.

There she was. The Panther.

She sauntered up to you and began sniffing at you, yellow eyes regarding you as a Predator would Prey.

The muscles behind that shiny, midnight hide flexed. Claws ejected. A hint of ivory teeth flashed. And those eyes. Oh those eyes. That was not hunger in her eyes. No, but you could see a deadly intensity welling up in those yellow orbs. Pupils dilated and the rumble of thunder rolled from her chest into the room.

Just you and her.

But whatever happened next, the Panther seemed to relax. A final sniff she gave you, then she snorted. But as she did, you could not help but notice that eerie glow of those yellow eyes.

Abruptly, she turned and padded away, long black tail seemingly pointing at something.

<~~~<>~~~>​

~Sweat poured down her face.

training.jpg
And even though she was breathing hard, that same neutral expression remained upon that pale Sapient visage. The long, black tail that always seemed to point at things, twitched once. Then twice. She was staring at you as you waltzed on in.

As soon as your eyes locked, 94 brought the towel to her face and wiped away at her face. Her muscled form was still wound tight, still hot, from the beating she had just placed upon some guards foolish enough to spar with her. She turned her back to you and walked away.

And so there you were. In the training room facility you stood. This was the special, posh one meant for the guards. The guards... These were the ones that looked at you with those eyes. These were the ones that called you; Muppets.

You were supposed to clean up here, but you did something else. And when you were done, she was there.

94's eyes were normally cat-like but blue in her Sapient form. As she watched you, her eyes glowed that eerie yellow.

She then turned her back to you, ignoring you, but strut away with much purpose.

<~~~<>~~~>​

K, so like go on and claim one and write it up in your own Subject thread. When done, go on and reply postie it here!! Remember: Be creative, be impressive and most of all be okay with imposing your vision of your charrie upon The Panther! ^^

Oh! And so like these are just scenes to get the creative juices flowing. If ya gots a scenario of your own to drop in, then do so! All goods, k^^

...and don't try to hug her. Cuz bad things. Bad, bad, bad things...

<~<>~>

Last edited:
{Originally posted by noodle}

~ADA~

ada3.jpg

Ada had talked back again, and, as usual, it didn't end very well.

A fresh red mark decorated her cheek, and her head was down. Though she looked thoroughly defeated, she wasn't exactly done yet. Her dark eyes were flaming with suppressed emotions, and her fists were clenched at her sides as she walked down the echoing corridor.

The thundering gait of an approaching predator shuddered down the hallway, accented by the screams and the clattering of equipment being knocked over. Ada glanced up, the fire momentarily leaving her eyes as she saw Cutter getting knocked down.

94's steps slowed, her eyes on Ada.

The sparrow swallowed thickly, her eyes meeting the panther's. There was a healthy fear in them, but she didn't seem terrified. Yet. Instead, those brown-black orbs held something akin to a challenge.

She didn't know exactly why, but even with those glimmering cat eyes locked on her, Ada didn't feel too scared. Said eyes slowly, steadily drifted from Ada's eyes to the blooming red mark on her cheek.

Her stalking steps stopped completely. Then, slowly, the predator's lips curled into a snarl.

The panther roared, her grating voice screaming a warning. The scientists still in the hallway parted, and Ada's handler grabbed the girl by the forearm, dragging her back toward the wall when she didn't move like the rest of them.

Clawed paws scraped violently against the metal floor, the panther's intense glare no longer on Ada, but on her handler, who was yanking the sparrow girl back toward the wall.

Ada wrenched her arm free of his grip and ducked as the beast sailed over her and slammed into her handler instead. The claws sunk into his shoulders with a sickening squelch, and his body fell to the floor with a painful thud. Blood splashed up on the very wall she'd been being pulled toward, and her handler screamed, a sound she never thought she'd hear before.

The panther pressed her snout into her handler's face, her teeth bared and a low growl vibrating from her chest. Ada was so surprised that she hadn't been the one attacked that she couldn't even start to guess what the growl meant.

When she looked up again, the panther's eyes were on her. Ada bit her lip, backing up a bit as her shoulders hunched a bit. She was trying to make herself look bigger, a quirk that didn't quite go away in her human form. Those eerie yellow eyes, though, didn't falter. They seemed to be judging her, almost, or maybe testing her.

Ada swallowed again, and, slowly, opened her mouth to speak, but didn't get the chance to. Agent 94 had turned away from her already and was once again glaring down at the bloody mess that was her handler. She snarled once more, then stepped off of his body and padded away, her tail flicking lazily as if the event that had just transpired hadn't even happened.

Her handler treated her much more gently after that, but Ada was never completely sure if it was just because his scarred shoulders hurt too much to act on his emotions....or if the panther had threatened him, somehow.

Last edited:
{Originally posted by Shmexy BOO^^!!}

~JAYCIE~

Jaycie-20190402033825714.jpg

~Jaycie confronts the Panther~

Something was up. Or rather, something was going down.

In the week that followed the incident with Ada and her Handler, there was much rumblings and rumours going around by the techs and handlers. But Jaycie being Jaycie, she was rather oblivious to the happenings but was reaping the benefits of those that treated and handled her, making her feel as if she was worth a million bucks. Or more.

Not only did the Blue Jay Subject enjoy the change in Ada's demeanour but she admired the Sparrow girl now; the redhead's posture was more straight, tougher somehow. And it seemed like the Predators-- the Agents were a bit less stand-offish to Ada now too.

The marks on Ada's face seemed to fade away. But the one's on Jaycie's body did not. It seemed as if Cutter was meaner now, more volatile ever since Agent ~ 94 knocked him over and the other techs had laughed at him. The pain inflicted by the beefy man was more long-drawn of late, and the groping hands even more greedy.

Velour and Silk, a pair of Chinchilla's in the popular ready-for-release 3rd year groupings, were as beautiful as they were mean. And after a session with Cutter the pair found a fresh victim in Decker, a Lop-Eared Dwarf Bunny Subject alone in the shower room. The 1st Year Bunny was drying off and tending to her own fresh wounds from her own recent session with Cutter.

When the Chinchilla pair were done with Decker, they left the bunny a naked, sobbing mess, cowering in the corner. It was their specialty and they did it well. Too well in fact.

In walked Jaycie. Dark eyes popped wide with alarm and she grabbed a towel and covered up the other 1st Year. First year was always the toughest. You do not know anyone and you are just getting to know yourself; there is no memory beyond your first year afterall. And so Jaycie helped Decker up over to a bench and put a warm arm around her friend's shuddering shoulders. The pep talk and stories she told the other 1st year was working...

...until the Panther seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

Jaycie reacted unlike any other time before in the presence of a Predator. She stood up and interposed herself between Decker and the Panther. She had enough for today. No more bullying.

"No more. She's not okay. And you! You're not helping. I am. I'm helping...! So you... you j-just--" Jaycie's lower lip began to tremble and tears welled up in her eyes. The Panther had somehow slunk over to her and was a whisker away from her face. The Panther licked her chops, and intentionally revealed giant ivory teeth to Jaycie. Big dark eyes of the Blue Jay gazed downward. A breath she took and then looked up and met the golden eyed gaze of the Panther.

"You can help by just leaving. She's not okay. I-I'mma help her. So y-you just leave. Please, Agent 94... please."

The intense golden eyes of the giant midnight-hued cat glowed an eerie yellow and Jaycie nearly wet herself.

Then just as suddenly as she appeared, the Panther disappeared out the exit.

Slowly, and not taking an eye off the exit door, the Jay backpedalled to where Decker sat; the Bunny's eyes were wide and mouth agape. She just witnessed a Dexter girl talk down an Arrow and live to talk about it.

The two girls hugged each other tight in elation, relief, and a strengthend friendship.

Last edited:
{Originally posted by Quetzacoatl}

~BASIL~

Quick, frustrated footsteps echoed through the almost empty corridor. Another stupid chore, another stupid job that was, yet again, placed upon Basil by his handler. Hell, he didn't even earn it this time! All he did was try to sneak in some more food! And it wasn't like his handler wasn't already trying to starve him or anything…

Ever since the news that some panther ran through a corridor, knocking down Cutter and some "poor" handler--alongside the gossip of some tough sparrow who stood up to said panther--started to spread, his grumpy, old handler got even tougher with him. Sometimes he would overhear strange handlers talking with his handler, trying to convince her to treat him a bit nicer, but everytime she would reply with: "Nicer?? Listen sweety, whenever things start going awry, it means that you need to get stricter with these animals! This is no time to start slacking on the job! But if you have a problem with the way I treat my subject, then you can send a formal complaint!" Of course, a complaint was never sent.

Of course, Basil didn’t like taking whatever hit was thrown at him, in a way, but his usual complaints and protests towards his handler was quickly shot down with the threat of an early trip to Cutter. Previous experience taught him that his handler did not make empty threats. And after the event with the panther, Basil knew that Cutter would be even more…passionate about his job than usual.

So, after a very brief argument (“argument” being an overstatement) and a quick threat, Basil found himself walking alongside his handler to the guard’s training room. The posh one that pretty much every subject that was forced to clean hated. “Aww, this is going to be a lovely experience for you BA-27626601! I’ve been trying to get you a chore here for the last couple of months! Scrubbing down the very facility that your guards train at should really give you a sense of pride!,” her voice echoed mockingly. Basil just folded his arm, looked away, and didn’t say anything, he knew she was just trying to make fun of him, and she was enjoying it greatly. His handler noticed and snorted, “Hmph, I’d think you would be more grateful of me considering the fact that you could have gotten something worse. Oh well, you subjects are usually ungrateful, so I shouldn’t be surprised.”

They soon arrived at large, double doors, rimmed with a blue, glowing tube. She turned around to face Basil and folded her arms, blocking the doorway. “Well, considering the fact that I got you one of the best jobs in the facility, I think you owe me something,” she chirped. Basil wanted to barf, or roll his eyes, or even do both. “Thank you dear, Ms. Orda!” A small smile formed on Ms. Orda’s face before it quickly turned into a frown. Before he could react, his handler had quickly grabbed his left ear and pulled it towards her, making Basil grimace. “If I hear that you did or went into something that you did’nt belong in, you will get a worse punishment than going to Cutter! Understand?!,” she warned. Basil only nodded his head until she let go. “Good,” she said opened the door, “I’ll be back in an hour, that room better be clean by the time I get back!”

Basil quickly walked into the training room, wanting to get away from her as quickly as possible. He took a deep breath in and almost choked at the strong smell of sweat. The door shut with a slam behind him, and Basil stopped to look around. Well, other than the terrible smell, posh definitely was one word to describe it. The place looked so high tech, and to his eyes: The best place he had ever seen. He scanned slowly, taking in every detail meticulously, he didn’t want to miss a single curve. Then he stopped.

His eyes locked on a woman that was standing across the room from him. Her highly muscular form sweating as if she did some intense work out. Probably some sparring session, he figured. He always heard stories about loud noises coming from the training room whenever guards were trying to beat each other up. Basil never understood why, but maybe it was some sort of dominance thing? They wanted to see who was the strongest? Whatever it was, she definitely did some beating up today. His eyes darted downwards as something flicked, catching his eye. She had…a tail? It looked rather feline too. Did guards have tails? No...only subjects did. Or scars. His mind raced back to the panther that got popular through the spreading news. Could this be the one? He would never know, for he definitely wasn’t going to bother asking. It wasn’t his job to do so. Her eyes locked onto his for a few moments, before she wiped away her sweat with a towel and walked away.

Basil sighed, and walked deeper into the room. He was supposed to clean, but his head was full of thoughts of the panther. Could that have been the panther? The one that knocked down Cutter? He shook his head. No. That was not his concern. He had more pressing matters, like not getting punished by his handler for not cleaning well. He walked to the wall that was marked by a sign reading “Cleaning Materials”. He strolled to the wall, opening a panel that revealed a mop, mop bucket, some towels, and soap. He reached in and pulled out the mop, huffing in annoyance. Cleaning the guard’s facilities, couldn’t they just do it themselves sincerhey’re so high and mighty?

A faucet was placed above the bucket to make filling it more convenient. At least they bothered making whatever poor sod’s job a bit easier. He twisted the handle, allowing water to gish out of the faucet and into the mop bucket. He sniffed apprehensively, then caught an odd scent. Basil turned his head, over the loud smell pf sweat, he swore he could smell something metallic. Odd. He shook his head and turned his attention back to the bucket. He shut the faucet off once the water reached to the top. Grunting with effort, he lifted up the buckst and moved it away from the panel, making sure not to wastefully waste any water in the floor.

He placed the bucket on the floor and sighed. He was about to dip the mop into the buket when he smelled tat metallic scent again. He looked at the clock, he still had plenty of time… He leaned the mop on the wall and looked around. Where was this smell coming from? He closed his eyes and started to sniff around. It was to his left. He opened his eyes again and looked left, there was a large mat, a bench a few feet back, and a potted plant. He slowly crept towards the scent. The scent got a little stronger the closer he got to the mat.

He snorted, ome guards must have done some sparring over here, because the scent of sweat was particularly strong her aswell. He walked around the mat, not wanting to stand on a sweaty mat and looked at the bench. Yes, that scent was definitely coming from here. Then he turned is attention to the plant. Odd... All the other plants were located on the other side of the room, closer to the entrance. He sort of squatted down and sniffed again. The smell. It was coming from...under the plant! He grabbed the pot and leaned it over.

A pair of keys. Basil’s hands shook as he reached to grab the keys. Why would their be a pair of keys here? Someone obviously hid it here. Maybe they wanted a safe place to hide them while sparring? Or...maybe they were meant for someone else to find? Either way, they were in Basil’s hand now, and he was definitley going to hold them for as long as he could. Now, the REAL question was: What did these keys open? He looked at the keys excitedly, a childlike giggle escaped his throat. He was so excited, that he was sure that nothing could ruin the moment.

That is, until he turned around and saw that she had returned returned. Basil fumbled with the keys, completely shocked by the woman’s sudden appearance. He looked at her long and hard, wondering why she had reappeared. Then he looked down at the keys in his hands, the keys he sniffed out. “How long were you watching me?,” he asked tentatively. He wondered if she saw him geabbing the keys. He was feeling incredibly uncomfrotable, so he did what he knew best: Talk. “Uh… Did you see me grab these keys? I just...uh, sniffed them out ya know!,” he said, starting to feel a bit more confident, so he talked some more.

“My handler always told me that I couldn’t sniff things out, she told me that I was just a bat, and bats don’t sniff things out! She said they used some weird technique called...uh...echolocator or something. Like...you make a noise and then I gues some image magically appears in your head, I think? And I’ll tell you...I tried. Multiple times,” he said nodding his head slowly, “And it did not go well. Once I yelled so loudly, that a guard ran in thinking that I was getting hurt or something. But no, there I was, just standing there in my room, staring at a wall.”

He looked at the woman and asked, “Have you ever embarrassed someone so much that they looked like they wanted to beat you? ‘Cus you should have seen my handler’s face when she ran in all crazy-like, with the look of absolute fear in her face.” He stopped talking for a moment and giggled, then he remembered what he was actually talking about. “But, I swear to ya that my handler was wrong! I’m the best sniffing flyer here! And if not...I’m at least close! Especially since I found these keys hidden under that pot under there! Yep, no amount of sweat can hide the smell of my target! ...I wonder what they’re for...,” he continued. He was enjoying talking to someone, even if they weren’t being very talkative themselves.

“Hey, uh...did you want these?,” he asked as he looked up again, only to find that she was walking away, “Oh, bye!” Hmm...she must have have had somewhere to be. He looked down at the—no—his and stuffed them into a pocket. Looking at the clock again, he groaned. He was defintirly going to have to hurry if he was going to have this place clean in time. He grabbed the mop and got to work.

Last edited:
{Originally posted by Mystical Fox}

~BELLA~

bels-20190826235415622.jpg

~Bella and the panther: A meeting ~

Down time. For once Bella had down time, time to make friends or interact with other subjects she's friends with. Though it was this time that Bella chose to be by herself. Seclusion wasn't something she usually did but today she felt like she needed to be by herself. So, here she was skipping through the corridors with her handler trailing behind her at a distance. Mr. Dung said she could wander wherever as long as he could follow. Of course Bella was going to try and loose him, but how was the question. A thought popped in her head and soon Bella was running, her short legs going faster than she thought they could. A smile was on her face as she made it to the elevator.

The doors opened to show no one in there. A relived sigh escaped her as she walking in and quickly willed the door to close, hearing the shouts of her handler in the distance. When the doors finally closed Bella was relieved. Finally some true isolation. Bella knew she would hear a mouthful from her handler later, but now Bella could care less. She was, in a sense, free. Free to roam the halls and hopefully make some friends. Bouncing from one foot to the next Bella couldn't help but get giddy. Her first day alone for once. It was a momentous occasion.

That was until the doors opened and several Scars walked in. One caught her eyes, the panther, she was staring at Bella with an intense gaze. It made her uncomfortable. It didn't help that all the other Scars were looing at her like she was there next meal. One stepped toward Bella and out of habit she began talking, "Listen, I-I-I don't want any trouble! I it's my down day a-a-a-and I'm j-just trying to have s-some fun."

Looking at everyone she noticed there gazes change to those of menacing, almost as a warning but Bella couldn't stop talking, "Plus, doesn't e-e-everyone like t-t-t-t-to have a little fun? R-r-r-r-right?" Her stutter only got worse as she spoke until a growl came from one of the Scars, the panther. The other's seemed to back off and as the door opened on a new level everyone but Bella got out. She watched the panther with a curious gaze as she exited the elevator giving Bella one last look before leaving. A sigh of relief left Bella as she slumped to the floor glad that she hadn't gotten hurt. Or worse.

Last edited:
{Originally posted by Somebody-Actually}

~EULER~

Eules2-20190902235021512.jpg

Click. Click. Click.

Some things never changed. Or so Euler was beginning to think. Since that incident in the block of the second years, many handlers had changed their tunes. Nicened up to their dexters a bit. At least they did whenever there were others there to see them. No one wanted to be the next Cutter, after all - marred for life and all for the sake of a little ameliorative cruelty. So they made nice...well...nicer.

Some of them did. But not hers. Euler’s jade eyes swept up from the gray metal plated floor to the woman strutting a few paces ahead of her. Ms. Fuentes, behaved as she always did. Detached. Calm. Mercilessly by the book. Well, her shoulders raised and fell as she sighed, she guessed it was to be expected. After all the older, but somehow shorter, woman was never mean outright to her. It was more like...she saw Euler as some formless non-living object. Something to be shaped according to one’s wishes. There was no need expend energy antagonizing a shapeless lump of nothing. That was probably what Ms. Fuentes thought of her.

The young dexter shook her head, clearing away that useless train of thought. She dropped her eyes back to the ground, taking her bottom lip between her teeth and nibbling on it thoughtfully. She recognized these halls, they were drawing nearer to that place. For every step closer she took, dread rose up higher in her heart until the lip between her teeth was trembling.

She stopped. Ms. Fuentes didn’t notice her not following at first, likely thinking about the hare’s schedule for the day. But once she got a few feet away, the dark haired woman glanced back and saw Euler simply standing there in the middle of the hall.

“Let’s go, Euler. What are you doing?” she urged, frowning. But the girl just stayed standing there, like she hadn’t even heard anything. When Ms.Fuentes turned and got a full look at her she rushed over to her side. The girl’s eyes were wide as saucers and full of fear and dread as she stared out into nothing. Her ears sagging and flat down to her shaven head. She kept on wringing her hands together and muttering about something but her words were intelligible.

For a while, Ms. Fuentes tried to calm her down, going so far as to squat down on the when her charge collapsed onto her knees. She learned in the time spent being Euler’s handler that the dexter was prone to anxiety attacks. They would pass, but during them the girl was practically catatonic. Eventually the handler got frustrated and gave up, “Euler, get ahold of yourself and go back to your room. You had better not still be in this hallway when I return,” she scoffed, turned on her heel and stalked away to inform someone that she needed to postpone Euler’s session.

Click...click......click. The sound of her heels got further and further away. Euler’s ears rose and listened closely, her whiskers ceased their erratic twitching. When that clicking could no longer be heard, a faint smile crossed her lips. She stood and wiped away the tears from the corners of her eyes. She spun around and began to go back the direction they’d come from. But it was with such spirit that one thing was startlingly clear. That, just now, was all an act.

She hated having supplementary treatments in the medical bay. She hated lying on that cold table and she hated having weird things strapped to her head. If she could get out of it somehow for a few more weeks, then she would. And it was looking like she did just that, this time. Ms. Fuentes would not be happy, but it wasn't like she treated her differently whether she was happy or angry. After all, somethings never changed.

Everything was looking good, but then when she went to turn the corner her body unexpectedly slammed into something rock solid and was thrown to the ground as a result. “Ow! Who...” she began to complain until her eyes landed on a sleek black tail, swaying just above the ground. Euler froze, and true fear sank into her as she slowly looked up at the other person.

Agent 94. The Scar that attacked Cutter. That very same one that already proved to be the violent type, was staring down levelly at her. She hadn't even heard the woman approaching! There was a gleam in those glowing yellow eyes like they were looking for something but Euler didn't know what. She had nothing after all. Unless...oh no...did she see? Euler’s eyes flicked to the hall in which she’d performed her “panic attack” then back to Agent 94. But unlike her own nervous gaze, the Scar’s look revealed nothing.

Swallowing, Euler covered up her nervousness with a smile. No she couldn't have actually seen anything, the teen assured herself. “Ah, sorry Agent 94. I didn't see you there. I-I have cleaning to go do. So please excuse me!” Kicking off the ground, using the strong muscles in her legs, she shot down the hall. As she was running away she glanced back to see if the woman was still watching her. But Agent 94 was nowhere in sight. She again managed to move without Euler’s sensitive hearing picking it up.

Last edited:
{Originally posted by Fish-Writer}

~CONWAY~

conwaycrop.jpg

It was a good day, overall. As good as days got in the BLOCC. Conway was on garden duty today, and he found the work appalling-- so hot and strenuous-- but nothing was better than the opportunity to sneak a few fresh vegetables into his mouth and into his jumpsuit. He eyed the row of green beans, his mouth watering, but that was one of the things he'd learned quickly: someone was always watching, and he was sure he'd be noticed if he skipped over to a different zone. Shaking off the fantasy of munching crisp green beans, the hungry Dex resumed his weeding, yanking out the curling sprigs of invasive green with renewed fervour. He had to be careful not to accidentally rip the carrots out with the weeds, but if one or two came up...

He recalled overhearing some of the Handlers talking amongst themselves the previous day as he had mopped the hallway. One of them he had recognized as Euler's Handler, and she had been complaining angrily about "that damn Muppet's panic attacks." He had focused in on the conversation, carrying on with his cleaning, as small and unnoticeable as he could make himself. Apparently Euler had had another anxiety attack on the way to medical bay. Considering the row of vegetables before him, noticing that it was celery planted beside the carrots, Conway thought a small gift might buoy her mood.

It had been long enough, dodging Arrows and his handler, that his heart no longer pounded, his shoulders no longer tensed and shook when he did something… questionable. The heightened sense of hearing that had come in the past year had also significantly helped, as he could almost always hear human footsteps when they were approaching. Twitching his whiskers, he kept his ears open and his mind aware of the scents on the air as he moved on to the celery plants, pulling out mostly weeds, though a celery stalk or two made its furtive way into his onesie.

By the time Conway had finished weeding the row, he was exhausted, dirt mingled with sweat sticking his onesie to his skin, and the sensation of being so unclean began to prickle at his nerves. He was not built for this magnitude of physical work, and every time his handler sneered at him for his soft body, it took all his effort not to start huffing or muttering. Shaking his head at the thought, Conway turned to move on to the next row, and froze, the icy touch of fear abruptly gripping his spine. The sight of sharp yellow eyes filled his vision, the bright gold pinning him down harder than any restraints, and his breath stuck in his throat, all his instincts telling him to curl up, though his brain told him quite sternly that that would be a one-way ticket to death.

Agent 94. The Panther. Her fur was black velvet over coiled muscle, her stature larger than anyone he'd encountered up close, and his gaze darted from her massive paws to the white glint of teeth as she pulled her lips back in a snarl, saliva gleaming on her fangs. He hadn’t heard her come in, hadn’t smelled her scent on the air. How long had she been there? The intensity of her gaze burned straight through him, to the very core of who and what he was, and he swallowed, trembling hands reaching into his onesie and pulling out the first carrot he had squirrelled away. “W-want one?” he squeaked, offering it up like a sacrifice, wondering if maybe she was just hungry. You idiot, he thought to himself as his hands violently shook. Predators don't eat carrots. But he kept it proffered anyway, kept his eyes on hers.

His question was greeted with only silence, and perhaps it was just a trick of the light, but her eyes seemed to glow, seemed to sharpen in focus, on him, and Conway felt his heart stop beating, shoulders so tense they had started to ache. Then, as silently as she had come, The Panther turned and slipped out of the garden center, Conway watching, still petrified, as her tail vanished through the doorway. He slumped to his knees, stuffing the carrot back into his onesie, and took a moment to gulp down deep, terrified breaths before quiveringly resuming his work.

Last edited: