Age of the Forgotten

• Thread starter The Gambling Gamer
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The knight yelped slightly at the sudden change of attitude, taking a few steps before turning around to face Shade. "How about," he paused to point upwards to his beige mansion, nuzzled into its foundation and vines, "whenever we return, you can live here. Would you like that? I have plenty of room in this grand, yet empty home."

He nodded his head before hoisting his leg over his steed, straddling the saddle before taking the reins within his rough hands. The day greeted the three with a warm sunlight, exhaling a pleasant waft of wind to lessen the effects of the sun rays. Kelligan offered a hand towards his new companion, a grand smile beaming off of his face as he gazed down at her. "We need to head towards the castle first though, so I can confirm my leave," his words eased outwards.

She followed his hand as he pointed up to the mansion. "Wait really? That would be amazing. Thank you so much." Shade smiles as she wraps her arms around Kelligan, giving him a soft kiss of the cheek. She pulls back quickly, remembering her place, a faint blush coloring her cheeks.

She takes the knights hand a smile still on her face. She hops up onto the saddle and wraps her arms around Kelligan. "Sounds like fun, I've never seen the castle before." Her tail twitches slightly in excitement.

Kelligan's cheeks lit up like lights during the Grand Festival from the kiss, tripping his speech into a full stammer. Shaking his head to calm his thoughts down, the knight pulled Shade up onto his faithful steed, snapping the reins to order movement. Swiftend trotted slowly until they left the stable and headed onto the main pathway, then transitioning to a half gallop up north. The three past house after house, the occasional citizen gazing at the adventurers as they traversed the city. Shades of brown and grey stirred into a muddy blend as Swiftend picked up the pace, reaching a full gallop on the straightaway towards the castle. Luckily, there was not many people out within the roads. Just an average shop opening or a guard overlooking the vast city was to be seen as they flew by it all effortlessly.

The stone road suddenly merged into a fine cobblestone as they crossed a large set of pillars. The scenery from the city and the castle walls were night and day, with cobblestone replacing ordinary rocks and pebbles, silver statues of legends of yore positioned every 100 yards, and carefully trimmed vegetation, cut to perfect size and taste for the High Lord. Even the way Swiftend's hooves resonated against the cobblestone roads emerged separate of the dusty counterpart. "Welcome to the grand castle of Goskinue, Castle Huon," he announced as they closed in on the castle gates.

The grand scale of the building screamed nothing but royalty, the careful brick pattern, laced with a fine silver and gold mixture, wrapping around the entire complex like a giant ring. The gate was made of thick steel, studded with tempered spikes, for the unwanted visitors looking for a usurping. Two stout guards held fast on either side of the tremendous gate as Kelligan and Shade reached it. As soon as they recognized their captain, their heads bowed in unison, yelling the command up to the Gatekeeper to pave way for the captain. Kelligan nodded towards his fellow knights, a certain air of honor and nobility taking over his presence once more as they disappeared into the darkness of the castle gates. The metal bars creaked and groaned as they slammed back down into place, leaving the three in a docking area for horses. "I'm sorry, old friend, but you will have to stay here," he spoke softly into Swiftend's ear, stroking his hand upon the side of his companion's neck before slipping off of him.

The knight then helped Shade off before leading his steed to the side, Swiftend nodding in agreement as he carefully watched the two head up the long staircase. It branched out wide, enough to carry five large men in a single row, each step covered by a soft velvet carpet with a golden yellow outlining. Staring up at the steps, then back at Shade, he grasped her hand tightly. "Beautiful, isn't it?" his soft smile felt like it could illuminate the room itself, yet feeling so small in the greatness of the castle halls.

As they entered the castle grounds, Shade seemed to shrink back. She had had a few nasty run ins with royal families and wasn't sure if this was one of them. She stayed close to Kelligan's side. Her ears pressed flat against her head.

She was looking around nervously, her eyes darting from knight to knight. She glanced down at her hand in his. She glanced up at his face, a small smile on her lips. "It's even more beautiful than I ever expected." She grasped his hand, feeling safe by his side.

She jumped slightly as a knight ran by. Her fur on her tail raised, swishing back agitatedly. A small growl starting to resonate in the back of her throat. Her eyes clouding over with darkness as a memory started to resurface.

((Sorry its so short))

Last edited by a moderator:
The knight noticed her sudden fear appear as they delved further into the castle. It was occupied with knights who guarded the inside from possible attacks, nobles which kissed the foot of the king, hoping to get ahead in life, and mages, powerful spell-caster and hex-weavers that won the High Lord's loyalty. As they approached the main entryroom, the walls expanded around them into a large amount of gold, silver and crimson. The walls shimmered against the chandelier that hovered above them, unveiling a brilliant prism of color. In front of the two was a single, wooden desk, decorated with tiny nick knacks over the surface and a tall lady that sat behind it.

Her facial expression held a feeling of nobility behind it, her rose lips popping out from her tan skin and piercing aquamarine eyes. They felt like oceans behind her irises, wanting to flow outwards and flood the place with emotion and power. The lady held her hair up in a tight knot, two platinum rods criss-crossing in between the ball of hair. She wore a long, elegant dark blue dress, complimenting her physique as she sat, waiting for the two to approach. Kelligan held Shade closer to his side as he noticed a growl forming in her throat, trying to calm her down as they strode towards the desk. "I promise you, no harm will come to you. Not while I am alive, they won't," the knight kept a calm, relaxing tone, attempting to comfort his companion.

The woman gazed up at the two, a slight smile appearing from that near-perfect face. Her hands clasped each other as she leaned inwards against the desk, her eyes never leaving the two.
"So what have we here? Ooh Kelli, do you have a mate now?" her calm expression cracked even further as a smile grew upon her face, gazing over at the knight and his friend, "Never thought you would have one. She looks nice."

She quickly changed the subject as her professionalism caught up with her personal curiosity. "So there is only one reason why you would be here instead of patrolling the city grounds. Do you seek an audience with the king?"

"Yes, I do, Jean," he replied with a slight cringe.

No one but people close to him called him by his nickname, and Jean only knew it because of his application when he was much younger. The knight didn't like anyone but the closest to his heart calling him that, and his slightly disgusted expression made it very clear.

(If not replied within the week, I will need someone to take over the duties of shade, or I will have to kill off the character and continue with a new companion. This will be deleted once someone has replied or the current partner has replied. Thank you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.