Age Of Androids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pluto sat and watched as Lance swung open the back door of the hummer and hopped out. Frightened, she stayed rooted in the spot as she watched the marine stand fearlessly, his stance and figure oozing command, as the alien life forms trooped off their transport.

One of the aliens, seemingly the leader of the group, pulled forward and raised his hand. Then, as if on cue, the rest of the alien group lowered their weapons. Pluto felt this as some kind of gesture for peace and found her body loosen as the tension dissipated from her body. Slowly, she slid across the futon and out of the back of the hummer, making timid small steps before stopping just behind Lance.

She didn't realise how tall the marine was until she stood next to him. Pluto was never one of the short girls in school but she was neither the tallest. However, when she stood next to Lance at that moment, she suddenly felt a lot of empathy for the shorter kids in her class. How small they must've felt... If Pluto were to estimate, she would say that she stood only up to his armpits.

Gradually, the hybrid android girl peeped out from behind Lance's arm and observed the alien leader. "What are you doing to do?" She asked Lance in a frightened whisper.

Kralvok opened the hand of his raised fist, a gesture he had been told was a friendly one to the humans. “Greetings.” he said in halting english, “I am Kralvok, of the Klacton collective. I hope we are not intruding on your world, but we where unsure of any sunvivors,”

Lance's eyes shifted uneasily in the bright glare of the lowering sun. His free hand, the one that didn't have the shotgun, was clenched in a tight fist. Although, by this point, Lance was pretty sure that the aliens meant to make contact rather than fight Lance still was tight with anticipation. Being a former marine his first instinct was always to defend and protect, so naturally he was on edge. Just behind him he heard a small voice ask what he was going to do next, it was Pluto. Lance simply said "Hopefully, Make some friends." He let out a long breath and waked towards the approaching Aliens.

Lance was within a few feet when he stopped and the Alien began to speak,
“I am Kralvok, of the Klacton collective. I hope we are not intruding on your world, but we where unsure of any sunvivors,”

Lance felt his entire body and soul "let go" as Kralvok spoke. He saw genuine concern and duty in the Klactons eyes and knew his words were true.

Lance reached out and took Kralvoks hand in a gesture of greeting, smiling a little as he did so.

" Well Met, Kralvok. I am Lance Silver, former Earth defense Marine, I am currently on a mission for food and supplies. I'm not sure how many survivors are left on earth, but I do know almost all of sector three has been completely destroyed." He let out a small sigh and then remembered Pluto behind him." This is Pluto, she is traveling with me for the time being. Don't let her partial robotics fool you, she is not one of them. As you probably know we had a serious crash on earth and all our systems went down, creating a massive malfunction in the droids. They turned hostel and are now against us, we are in dire need of aid." Lance spoke these last words from the heart, earth, as a whole was in dire need of aid.

Kralvok was a little surprised when the marine took his hand, but didn't show it as he looked at both humans. "As far as my people knew Earth went silent. Long range scans showed no traffic in your sector and our little skirmishes stopped. The wider galactic community declared earth a quarantine zone." he didn't mention that his ship was in violation of the quarantine order, or that the aliens standing in front of them where all that where coming to the surface. "Our newest strike carrier Karak Sia is in orbit. As for your mission... Perhaps he have something edible to humans if you would like to take a look....."

Pluto took a tentative step forward, following Lance's direction. She listened intently to their conversation and then lowered her head in nervousness as the marine introduced her to the strange aliens. Her heart shook and her breath quickened; the aliens were so strange to her. Was that how the general human population felt towards her when they first laid eyes on her cybernetic frame?

She snapped out of her reverie as the possibility of food was mentioned lightly in the conversation. Pluto wasn't too sure if she wanted to try anything alien however, she hadn't had a proper meal since not long after the crash.

Feeling a little brave, Pluto stepped closer to both Lance and Kralvok, though not too close and looked up with pleading eyes at the alien.

"Please... we're in desperate need of supplies... nothing grows here anymore or not that we know of... so food is extremely difficult to come by."

The alien commander looked down at the cyborg, “The supplies are in the transport, mostly military rations.” His offer was strictly against regulations but he needed these humans' trust. After that I hope you don't mind if we talk, you no doubt know the situation, and the area better than than us interlopers.” he gestured to the others who went back to the transport one of then returning, his uniform was slightly different from the others, and he carried and extra bag as well as a device is a belt holster. Seeing Pluto's cybernetics he stared a little then spoke to the commander in their native language, gesturing towards her. Kravlok answered and then turned to the humans. This is Skreelok, our battlefield technician.” he said, he says we have a few items that should be edible for you, mostly taken from the commander's personal stores. He would also like to know if he may scan you.” this last sentence was said to Pluto.

"S-scan?" Pluto stammered, her voice rising slightly in pitch. She looked up at Lance and then at the ground, tucking bits of her blue-black hair behind one ear in thought. After a while, she looked up at the strange alien and nodded though not confidently, "Sure... okay... how do you want me? Just stand here?"

She moved forward so that she was in line with Lance in front of Kravlok. Pluto held out both arms with palms facing upwards then spoke, "What's the scanning for...? Are you doing research for your planet? Do you need to scan Lance as well?"

Kravlok spoke to the technician who took the device from its holster and after pushing a few buttons began running it lightly over Pluto's skin he worked quickly and efficiently and when he was finished he slid the device into its holster and spoke to her in the aliens' language before going back behind the transport.

“He is interested in your, cy-ber.” he stopped for a second and seemed to be squinting. “Cybernetics.” he finished having just read the word from the translation program in his helmet, “He also thanked you.” after he has said this the other returned carrying a large steel crate which he put in front on the humans. “These should be edible.” the commander said “And I apologize if its different from what you normally eat.”

"Oh, I see," Pluto said, curious. "Please tell him that he's very welcome."

She managed to keep her composure until Kravlok brought out a steel crate full of alien edibles. Though she had not set eyes on such things before, her mouth began to involuntarily salivate. Pluto covered her mouth with both hands, embarrassed, then forced composure before turning to Lance with an enquiring look in her eyes.

Lilah finally walked across the streets and made her way through the darkened pathway laid out for her. Crossing her arms as if she were cold she scanned the area and felt the tears kick in. This is not how it’s supposed to be. You’re still supposed to be here and dad is supposed to actual miss you instead of flying off to work away from here. Brainless idiot and yet they promoted him in time so that he could live while you were killed. That is so sick and messed up. She thought deeply as she stopped immediately and stared at the dark gray figure wandering like an idiot.

Of course it couldn’t be an idiot, it was one of them, android and scum of the Earth. Lilah ducked into the alley and peaked around the corner. Pulling out her pepper spray she grinned as she slowly came out of hiding. As long s as she didn’t appear as an immediate threat they would be do dumb to react when it would be too late. Placing her arm with the pepper spray she quickened her pace just slightly. I am not immediate threat but you are. Her eyes looking straight ahead but head turned just slightly.

Almost coming in on the android she felt the tension building but did her best to stay focus on the task at hand. There had to be others like her who wanted the androids destroyed and removed from Earth. What they have done the past couple of years was proof that there existence here was a waste of space. They were taking jobs and ruining the lives of millions. Clearly they served no real purpose. Android users were just lazy people who wanted someone else to do the work for them. What they didn’t realize was that the androids never intended to help humanity but destroy it.

I guess I am the sane one. Turning around she fired the pepper spray at the androids neck and made a running for it. If her plan would work then the pepper spray would attack from the throat breaking the wires and traveling up and down the rustic metal creature. Turning around the corner she immediately peaked around the corner to see if it lying face down and defeated. Nothing.

“Oh no.” She spoke quietly under her breath as she backed out of the corner and stared at the android. Did I miss it? Defective bottle? She tried figuring out what went wrong and if there was anyway out of this mess. Maybe the pepper spray wasn’t strong enough, which would teach her for purchasing it at a discount shop off the corner of one of these tears. Turning slightly grinned. “Chucks Discount Paradise. Of course.” She said and turned back to face the android. The android was motionless but of course if were human it would be pissed off and ready to shoot her of something. Not an androids style of course. It had to be something completely stupid but highly destructive. “This is it. I guess.” She said quietly to herself and closed her eyes tightly.

Xiah exited the building and made his way down the emptied streets, kicking another empty can along the side walk. He had his hands in his pockets and he was brooding. How could it all have come down to this?

The answer was clear - the androids. They were the source of the problem and destroying them would be the only solution. He had dispensed a fair few androids with his own bare hands, though these were mainly maintenance androids not the military type. He hadn't come across one during the time of the Great Crash and wondered if he ever would. What would he do if he had a heartless and mindless gun wielding android pointing a gun barrel to the place between his eyes.

Death by android wasn't something Xiah was particularly looking forward to. If anything, he would rather die by his own hands or by the hands of his own kind.

Suddenly, as he rounded the corner, he noticed a slightly malfunctioning android and... a human girl. He frowned as he noticed that she had her eyes closed tight and was waiting for some kind of eminent end from the android before her. Why wasn't she defending herself? In vain, at least?

Well, in any case, Xiah wasn't going to allow another human to perish at the hands of artificial kind while he could still walk this earth. Striding quickly, yet stealthily, he moved up so that he was directly behind the android.

The thing had just noticed his presence when Xiah's quick and deft hands twisted the machine's head around and promptly tore it off, before punching a fist through the back and seizing its power supply. He grunted loudly as his fist clenched and the plastic housing of the power supply crunched beneath his fingers. The android, now void of power and also a head, toppled lifelessly to the ground.

"What are you doing just standing there?" He asked brushing his hands of debris and pieces of broken android. "If you want to live, come with me."

13c34423be4bc0_full-1.jpg

Not very far from those two humans, and the aliens, Videnkos sat perched on a ridge laying flat on his stomach with his OSOK balanced cleanly on it's bi-pod stand. A line ran from the scope into his neck linking the weapons sight to his own. The red crosshairs slowly moved over the man, and then over the girl. Interestingly enough, he noted a metallic quality to some of the girls appendages...

However instead of assuming her as an android which was proved by the readings he seemed to decipher through the various sightings his eyes switched through, he continued to move the scope around... with it next falling on Kravlok. His finger tightened it's grip around the trigger, however he didn't fire. Knowing the bullet would punch through the alien's forehead for all intents and purposes by normal earth logic, he waited still.

Numbers, and code strings flowed through his processor as it tried to piece together exactly what to make of this situation. The notion of the thing being hostile wasn't high on the priorities that were filtered through to him, and so he slowly eased his finger from the trigger.

Pluto looked around worriedly while Lance and Kravlok engaged in what seemed to be military-like business, something that didn't interest her in the least. Her eyes scanned the barren horizon for any sign of dangerous rogue androids or any other danger, in fact. She felt the tug of her intuition tell her that they were being watched, though she surmised that it must be the rest of Kravlok's team watching from high above, observing the situation and, hopefully, protecting them from an imminent android attack.

Stretching, she tentatively pulled one of the edibles from Kravlok's supply box and walked away, food in hand. She took a bite of the strange alien food, a round chewy black ball that tasted like chicken but felt like she was eating a banana. It felt strange in her mouth but her growling stomach appreciated it very much so.

She sat down, watching the sky slowly turn from a pale blue to an indigo then eventually to black, the stars dotting the night sky. Her eyes strayed to the ridges not too far away, her eyes unintentionally focusing on the watching android though not noticing it.

Lilah opened her eyes and stared blankly at him and then at the android that was now headless. She was speechless at first but nodded and waited for him to lead her the way to somewhere safe. It was like there were many places to go to but clearly if he was able to disable a android by removing its head then he was capable of much more. Something that would especially be of use to her. And at the this point of time and place there weren't many people around that could help her and yet here he was. "Ummm thank you." She said trying to make conversation. "I attempted to use pepper spray. I've heard there are certain areas that if spray that short circuit the droid but it didn't work this time. May fault. my name is Lilah." She said and kept it basic. They had to be on the move if they wanted to live. Having idle chat wasn't the best way to go about surviving. It was something she missed so much but had to let go of for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.