AGAINST THE WORLD

"There were less guys to plow through behind here, but you seem to be handling it well enough!" Razzy yelled towards the woman, before kicking his *mount* in the back, forcing him towards the back door again. "But I'm damn well taking the easy way out!" He yelled over his shoulder. He knew the police wouldn't shoot a guy coming out, with his hands up and a knife at his throat. And if they did, Razzy would most likely not get hurt, as he had a piece of meat to stop the bullets.

"Pfff, show-off" He mumbled as he got placed down, looking at Logan. "T-thanks.." He said after a moment of 'silence', excluding the sound of the guns and the moans of the shot victims. He didn't look at him when he said it and didn't afterwards either. Instead he looked over the counter to see how good Katerina's shooting was, and it was really impressive. Then he heard the goblin awnser her qeustion. He looked behind him to see that the goblin was trying to save his own ass by taking an innocent hostage. "Bastard!" He hissed, just loud enough for Logan to hear, but no one else. He gave up as soon as he realised this was not the moment to start an argumant, especially since he was getting away, and he turned his vision to Logan. "I'm gonna try and clear the back entrance, while Katerina is still holding off the front. If I can get near a car, I can get in it, start it and get us all out of here." He said, explaining it quickly, almost tumbling over his own words. "Give me some cover okay?" He said, immdiatly after running towards the back door, not even checking to see if he agreed to any of this or if he was following. Droplet was used to working alone.

"From what I hear!" Logan shouted over the blazing guns of Katerina "you seem fine here!"

"Listen gramps! Go help wolfborn find us a car! They just keep pouring in!"

Droplet nodded and carefully headed towards the back entrance, while Logan, who shook his head in disbelief.

"I told you, I'm middle aged damn it!" he slipped away the front entrance and near to Droplet.

"Just get to it gramps!" Katerina smirked as she reloaded in a blink of an eye.

Droplet examined the back door, clearly the goblin has used this door to get away- Logan kneeled and scanned the area.

"No doubt it's going to be a party when we step outside....."

Droplet felt like asking a question, something irrelevant and comical.

"Logan?"

"What is it kid?"

"How old are you? Katerina always calls you gramps...."

Logan rolled his eyes in disappointment, he smacked his forehead with combined disbelief.

"I'm 33! THAT IS NOT GRANDPA AGE!" he whispered angrily, Droplet chuckled but Logan kept on examining the area.

Droplet finished laughing and smiled as he looked at the door. "If you say so gramps." He said, provoking him even more. Logan was about to awnser, even more angry as before, untill Droplet started about something else. "How many do you think are there?"He said, staring at the door. Logan looked at the door. "Probably enough not to get cocky. 4 by the sound of it." Droplet nodded. It was suprisingly queit behind the door. You'd figure it would've already been busted open, but it hadn't. That goblin probably bought them some time. "So, the plan...just cover me by shooting and get their attention their way and when I find the right timing, I'll jump in and make sure to get to a car." Logan pushed the kid on his chest, signalling him away from the door. "You can't just jump in a fire fight. That's ridiculous. Just let me do the fighting and then I'll let you quickly get that car for us." Droplet glared at him and pushed his hand away. "Hey, I can take care of myself!"

"Pfft- give me a break kid, I'll create the opening...."

Droplet felt an awkward feeling as Logan nudged him away, a feeling of nostalgia.

"Why are you so protective?!"

Logan bonked him in the head with the handle of his pistol, he smirked once more.

"I just...... you have a life in front of you kid...... I...... I don't have anything..... I lost everything in that concentration camp...."

"How did you know Blue anyway?" Droplet asked bluntly, without warning, Logan grabbed Droplet's collar.

"From what I hear- you seem pretty acquainted with that cold blooded son-of-a-bitch....." Droplet performed a self defense maneuver and backed away.

"Trust me..... we have the common enemy..."

Logan raised an eyebrow "I'll let you off this time, stand back- I'm going to clear the way..." Droplet nodded and took his position.

Vyse struggled against the small goblin's grip. He wriggled around until he put the knife up to his neck. There was no way he was going to get threatened by this little pint sized goblin. He was going to do something but he was going to bide his time to escape. He looked for the nearest thing to bash him upside the head. The coffee pot was filled with hot coffee and looked good enough to bash him in. He really dislike this goblin.

Razzy's plan had worked quite well. Getting his shield/mount to go where he wanted was a hard task, almost making him regret taking exactly him. But the cops hadn't shot him the moment they stepped out the back door. The cops didn't actually notice the knife around the man's throat until it was too late. Just as the three officers taking cover behind some trashcans noticed the little green guy, Razzy leaped off Vyse, stabbing the nearest cop in the face, killing him. Before the body had time to fall, and before the other two had a chance to shoot, Razzy had jumped onto the second one, stabbing him repeatedly in the chest. But his knife had gotten stuck in him, making Razzy unable to do much other than to hold stand on top of the dead guy, knowing the last cop would shoot him if nothing else happened.

Vyse took this as his time to shine. He may have take him hostage, but he wouldn't let him die. He followed Razzy to find him staring down the barrel of a 9mm. He pounced on the cop, knocking him down to the ground. He put the sword up to the cops neck. "Look just back out of here and you won't die. I don't want to kill you, but I will if you try anything." Vyse slowly let him go, but going back on his word threw him into one of the counters and watched him. He took all of his weapons and monitered him so he wou;dn't try anything. They now had a hostage which could be nice if they ran into serious trouble.

"Well, well, well... Seems like I chose a good hostage after all! No hard feelings, right?" Razzy said, grabbing onto his knife with both hands and ripping it loose. "As it seems, you'd do the same in my situation. Okay, maybe not. I wouldn't be a good shield." He said with a grin. "Now lets get out of here!" He was hoping his new *friend* wouldn't be the kind seeking revenge for every small thing. That could end badly for both of them.

"This is something new....." Logan muttered to Droplet as the door gaped open, they hurried towards the exit and saw two policemen dead.

"This is interesting, one cop who got stabbed in the face..... and another cop..... er..... stuck?" Droplet shrugged his shoulders.

"You there!" Logan shouted "the kid with those funny clothes!"

"Hey! This is my everyday outfit!" Vyse snapped back at him.

"Whatever! What do you think you're doing here?!" Logan thundered.

"Easy gramps...." Droplet whispered "I think they're in the same situation as us"

"Gramps?!" Logan exclaimed "hey! I told you-"

"Yeah yeah old man- we're here to escape from the cops, that's it" Vyse stated.

"Hmph- kids these days.... no respect for veterans...." Logan sighed.

"So, ya decided to come back here as well, eh?" Razzy said, wiping the blood from his knife. "Well, I suggest we don't stand around here like idiots for too long. By the sounds of it, there's still a lot of cops at the front. Or someone might be firing a lot of pistols at the same time. But in either case, we get nothing from standing around here!" He said, as he started to jog down the alley.

"Katerina is handing their asses back to them! I'm going to find a car Logan!" Droplet started to look around.

"Kid- why not that cop car over there? It's in perfect condition and if it gets trashed, they end up paying for the repairs- everyone's happy, yay"

"Um, that could work...." Droplet muttered.

"Yo, any time now!" Katerina called from the front of the diner. The cops continued piling in, some shooting into the diner with much deadlier firearms than a simple handgun. God, just who was this guy? It seemed like a half of California's police force was here after him. She couldn't hold off the main flow of them forever, bullets were bound to run out sooner or later and close range weapons weren't always the most useful when dealing with enemies with guns.
Maybe she shouldn't have taken her eyes of them for the split second it took to yell back because there was suddenly a sharp pain in her arm. Looking down, Katerina realized she got grazed pretty good by one of the many bullets raining down inside the much-too-small-for-a-gunfight establishment. "F*ck you, this was my favorite jacket!" She replied, giving the nearest cop a kick to the stomach.

"Great! We are all set!" Droplet smiled as he hot waited the police car, Logan scratched his head.

"Hm.... hot wiring at such a young age? I have a few guess what you do for a living"

Droplet frantically waved his arms around "what about you?! The whole police force is after you!"

"Well I can't help it if Blue wants me so badly- he must be missing me after I got out of that camp"

"We're not done talking" Droplet sneered.

"Whatever kid, say, does this run now?"

"Y-yes, all we need is Katerina-" Droplet was cut off as Logan shoved him in the car.

"Stay here kid- I'll go fetch the Russian girl"

"Gramps! You can't-" but Logan was already heading towards the diner. Back in the front, guns were blazing! Bullets were filling the floor as Katerina held her ground.

"Any time now!" she shouted, without any warning- Logan stepped in with a silver platter in hand.

"Hello there officers!" he smirked.

"Put your hands up Smith!"

"Ohoho, but before that- you guys look a bit hungry, how about a dish I made especially for you guys?" Logan removed the cover and threw the silver plate at them.

"Ah! Look out!" the police shouted, Katerina ducked as she realized what it was, a loud explosion filled the room as the police we're blown away.

"Nice plan- could have been better" Katerina shouted as she removed the ruined derbis around her.

"Well- what do want with a grenade? A burger?"

Katerina rolled her eyes "you're filled with sarcasm gramps..."

"Let's go- wolf boy got us a car" with those words, the two hurried to the back exit.

Razzy was glad he hadn't gotten far when he heard the police car in the alley start up. Couldn't have been the cops, as they were lying in puddles of their own blood. Which meant that Volk or the old guy were the ones doing it. He turned back to down the alley and found he was right. Barely able to see in the window, he saw a face he'd seen before. He opened the passenger door and got in the front seat. "Hi there, Volk! I really hope you'll give me a ride, seeing as I bought you dinner and everything!" He said with a grin. He was almost unsure if it was one to get him out of there, or a genuine one himself.

Droplet hit his fist against the glass, growling as he did. "Dam'n that guy!" He leaned back in the chair as he held the steering wheel in both hands, his feet on the gas, ready to leave. "Why is that guy so protective?..." He said giving it a thought, though he knew he wouldn't get an awnser if he wouldn't ask it himself...again.
He snapped out of his thoughts as soon as he heard the passangers seat door close. He looked to his side, and was suprised to see nothing. That is, not untill he heard the voice, directing his eyes downwards: The goblin again. A grin appeared on his face. "That's fine by me. Just know that I will not call you back on another date again though." He said sarcastic. "Just gotta wait for the rest."
He got out of the car and opened the back door already. He looked down the alyway and noticed the guy with the 'weird outfit' was still there. "Get in the car if you want some safety" He yelled to the guy in the distance, before getting back in, holding the wheel tightly again.

"Wow!" Logan gasped, he ran up to the car while Droplet manned the steering wheel "kid's driving? I guess dying at 33 isn't half the bad..."

"Shut up! I know how to drive!" Droplet frowned, Logan looked at Katerina- who was heading for the car.

"Get in Logan- they're catching up"

He shrugged "Oh well- just kidding kid, keep us on the road eh?"

"That's a really loud sound....." Vyse whispered, Razzy placed his ear on the window.

"You hear that?! We better get moving!"

"Step on it kid!" Logan hurried.

"A-alright!" Droplet drove outside of the alley and onto the main road, there, Katerina saw what she heard all along.

"So tell me wolf boy, can you explain how we're going to lose these people?"

"What do you mean?" Droplet wondered, he looked at the rear mirror and gasped- for countless of vehicles, police cars, was out to chase them.

WARNING- BOSS -WARNING

POLICE CAR x 50

NEW PARTY IN! ->

Katerina
Droplet
Logan
Razzy
Vyse

"Oh great- the cavalry's here...." Logan sighed "I feel like a f*cking celebrity in this town!"

"All I wanted was a bit to eat!" Razzy growled at the discovery. "But noooooo. I had to chose the diner where a bunch of people being chased gathered!" He sighed heavily. "I don't suppose any of you've got a rpg or something like that?
Razzy knew the answer, even before it came. None of the people in the car was THAT well armed, sadly.
"So, anyone got any good ideas? Preferably ones that doesn't involve *Toss the Goblin*."
A small chuckle filled the car for a moment.

"Just f*cking great..." He said as his eyes aimed from the rear mirror back onto the road. "Well, I can keep them off for a while, but I doubt I'll actually be able to shake them off by myself" Both his hands were tied to the handlebar. They fluently moved along it, spinning the wheel, driving trough a turn in the road. The wheels, touch the pavement, shaking the car a bit. After the turn, Droplet smashed his foot down on the gas pedal, speeding up the car quiet a bit. "Can't someone look in the trunk or anywhere? This is a cop car. It should contain something usefull for this situation..." He said as he saw how the lights got closer and closer on their tail. "Logan, you'll owe us a very big dinner once we're done" He mumbled more to himself than to anyone.

Vyse had been ushered into the cop car, now to be inevitably put into the lot with them. "Um this wouldn't be the best time, but if we all get through this you guys mind joining up with me? I have a ship down by the docks. Pier 41. If you head there we can hop on my ship and lose 'em...hopefully." Vyse hoped this worked. He had kept the 9mm pistol he took from the cop. It had about a full clip and he intended to use it. He never had much practice with a handgun, but it would seem more his speed. It was light and agile, which was nice for his style of fighting. He leaned out the window and shot out the tires of a cop car. It swerved and crashed into another. Unfortunately, he was such a bad shot he used the entire clip for that one cop car. "Damn. Well I got two of them."