AGAINST THE WORLD

The two across the room obviously realized she wasn't some ordinary woman. They didn't know much about being subtle and it made her smirk a little. They were up to something. In all honesty she couldn't have cared less about what it was, but it's not like she had more important things to think about at the time. Okay, the man in front of her curiosity piqued, but she had decided to leave that be for now.

Right, for now she'd stay content with eyeing the men across the way. They obviously weren't anything big time, so she could afford to be a little obvious. In fact, she tried to be. She wondered how long it would take before they got nervous. A cruel little game she was playing because, hell, she wasn't in the best of moods right now and she needed a little something to entertain herself.

Razzy was talking normally, trying to act as if nothing was wrong. "Those people over at the table there are almost in our business, I'd say. Except, in a different branch of it. So let's get done eating, pay and pretend like nothing. If we don't do anything stupid, neither will they." Unless they're here for one of us, he added in his mind. "And when we're out on the street again, we'll go to wherever your target is. And just think; nothing out of the ordinary is happening, we're just a bunch of people at a diner." A bunch of thieves and murderers, it seems. Once more, he kept the last part to himself, not wanting to scare the boy.
Just as he was done talking, he saw the the woman across the room looking at him. To hide his knowledge of her, he looked back at her and smiled a slightly flirtatious smile.

Playing innocent. Katerina gave a dangerous smirk in reply. They both knew what the other was doing, and the more Katerina examined them, the more she was sure they were up to no good. Of course it was none of her business and she really didn't plan to make it her business, besides putting them on edge that is. She might have been more concerned if they looked like societies more accepted, then again, what kind of upper class citizen would be caught dead here? Or if they looked like the man in front of her... Maybe that wasn't giving them enough credit, though. For all she knew they could be just as dangerous as she was. Don't judge a book by it's cover. When you had a 'profession' like she did, you had to consider everyone a potentially dangerous enemy. Still, it didn't seem like it would be any problem of hers.

"What in the world?" Logan thought "why is that goblin smiling in such an alluring way? If he must know- I had a wife, I'm not interested in hooking up....."

"Why is that shady man giving me the looks?!" Razzy hissed, Droplet didn't want to look back for the two notable figures would stare back.

"Probably he thought you were aiming that smirk on him.....?" Droplet thought, Razzy gave him a disgusted look.

"You fool! I was just trying to look calm in front of that woman behind that man! She's onto something....." he muttered in an irritated voice.

Logan sighed deeply before taking another sip of his coffee, Katerina noticed something, something that Logan was trying to hide.

"A nice cup of coffee...." he murmured to himself, but the odd thing was- Logan's cup didn't decrease each time he took a sip.

"He's faking it...." Katerina thought "he's waiting for something.... or someone maybe?"

"I feel like I'm sandwiched...." Logan thought, he looked across the room and focused on the two shady figures "I got two guys across the room muttering something to each other- I got this woman behind me who's been staring at my back as if she was in love with it- and this goblin decides to go fruity on me by giving me the alluring smile- god help me that there was an attractive young woman behind me....."

Katerina knew Logan's type, calm and collective but a lethal force in the field- capable of killing veterans in seconds if ever given the opening and right chance- she didn't trust him but the tattoo on his neck gave her an idea- she bit her lip and gave it a try.

"Nice tattoo you got there...." she said with a voice loud enough for Logan to hear, without warning- Logan turned around, throwing Katerina off guard.

"Excuse me?" he asked bluntly with his never ending coffee in his right hand.

"On your neck?" Katerina smiled.

Logan was in the perfect position to kill Katerina with one blow- but he played cool and actually took a real sip off his cup.

"What about it?" he smirked, Katerina knew he was hiding something.

"What a weird tattoo..... unique design...." she smirked back.

Razzy's eyes widened as he saw Logan turn around and conversed.

"They're aquianted! They know each other?! They could be after us!" he squinted in disbelief.

"Easy!" Droplet whispered "maybe they're talking about something else...."

Vyse was sitting on the counter cutting into his small steak; his favorite meal at this diner when he was a child. His enjoyment was rather diminished when the two parties were unsubtly avoiding each other. They seem to go out of their way to act normal, looking out of place in the process. 'Interesting band of characters here' he thought. He spun around in his chair his back now facing the counter. He took in the view of the small diner and looked more closely at these interesting parties. It's obvious that they don't want to be noticed or at least look like they belong. They seem to know each other, but if they were friendly then they would have talked to each other. He deduced that they disliked each other. They seem to be going out of their way to avoid each other. He decided to listen in more on their conversation. He spun around and ate, but this time focused his ears more on them instead of the food.

Droplet looked at his hamburger and actually took a while. It was funny to see how the only 2 nervous people here were Razzy and that woman. Then again, the guy at the counter didn't have anything to do with this, the other tattood guy seemed strong enough not to be afraid and in all honesty, Droplet didn't care much as to what happened. Atleast he didn't worry.
When he finished chewing that part of the hamburger and swallowed it, he looked at Razzy. "You're acting awfully paranoia and catious, but then again, what would I expect from someone who's wanted." He said in a very cool voice. Once again he took a bite, as if he didn't even care. He only glimpsed up once to see the enjoyable suprised face of Razzy. Oh yes he knew. A traveller like him had talked to a bunch of people and in his line of work, it was inevitable to meet up with the mob, the maffia. And it was no suprise that they would ask a traveller like him if he'd seen someone like him. It took him a while to notice that the description perfectly fitted this figure.
While he was still chewing, his ear twitched, trying to listen to what the other company said. They were too queit to hear what they said, but they were talking. God knows about what. Why would he even bother wanting to know. He simply continued his doings. He was still starving and the burger tasted too good to just let it rot and leave out of the paranoia fears of a wanted goblin.

"Oh, so all of a sudden, you know me?" Razzy asked, slightly angered at the wolf-born. If he knew who he was, why would he act the way he did? Trying to get some information out of him or something? Probably not, but one can never be to sure. "Then you most likely know what I've done and where I come from." He leaned over the table a bit, towards Droplet. "Back in Moscow, we didn't take kindly to rats. And neither do I." He growled before he sat back in his seat. "So if you do something stupid, you'll see that burger again. That I promise you." He wasn't sure if Droplet actually meant anything harmful about the comment, yet Razzy knew better than to let such things go.

Vyse listened closely to the goblin and the wolfborn's conversation. He could hear just barely. He managed to hear that the goblin was a wanted man. Not much other than that, but he didn't need to. He intrigued him, maybe he could recruit him to his cause and crew. Maybe, just maybe he could be useful on his ship. Actually, anyone with sympathy for his motives would be useful. He listened in more, planning to catch them on the way out. He tuned in more to the other side this time. What would that pair have to say?

Now that Keterina had the man's attention she sat back in her seat again. "Listen, дедушка." 'Grandpa'. Completely ignoring the fact that he couldn't have been more than ten years older than she was. "Let's cut the crap, we both realize we're dangerous people." And so did half the people in the diner, by now. "I know neither of us want trouble, right?" She crossed her legs and folded her arms, business style. "All I wan't to know is if you're part of the government." She narrowed her eyes, almost completely forgetting about the goblin and his companion across the room. Maybe she was being paranoid, but she had every right to be. Who knows who'd be after her now that she had been ratted out to the Japanese government. Maybe it wasn't just the Japanese government.

Droplet, though being treathened, grew a grin on his face as he swallowed the second piece of his burger. "I wasn't sure if my supsiciouns were correctly placed, but you just verified it. Probably should be more carefull." He said calmly as he placed down his burger, as if he already had enough. His eyes pierced into those of the goblins. "Don't worry. I'm an einzelganger, not part of any kind of group or mob. The only reason I contacted you is because I figured you were one of the same intellect and would be able to help me with this heist." He said, trying to comfort Razzle. He had a feeling he was being watched, like a lab rat, but he knew better than to let his paranoia feelings get in his way.

"You better not be lying volk. Lies to business partners doeent pay off." Razzy said, pointing to his ear with the missing bit. "Not telling the whole truth, that I can accept. That's how I do it all the time. But if I work with someone, I except not to be lied to." He suddenly realized he had gotten a bit loud and that he hadn't paid as much attention to his surroundings as he should have been. A quick look across the room was all he needed to make sure not all that much had changed though. The man and woman on the other side were talking, and there was a guy sitting at the counter, dressed in a way that screamed that he wasn't you're average Joe.
He moved the hand furthest in in the booth down and to his back, pretending to be scratching himself. Actually he just made sure that his knife was in its place, on his back, like it always was. The situation hadn't changed, yet he felt a bit more tense, and just knowing the knife was there did calm him down slightly. He returned his hand to the table and ate a few fries. He had come here to eat, and a bunch of others of his profession wasn't going to stop him. Well, as long as they weren't trying to stop him, at least.

Droplet chuckled softly as he shook his head slowly. "I've never lied in my whole life, so why would I now?" He looked back up to meet Razzy's eyes, which were still not full of comfort. "I can try much to convince you, but the only possible way to actually prove it is to work with me" He said, lifting his shoulders at the end. He finally finished his hamburger. Now he could be bothered by other things, as for one, the woman and man on the other side. He saw how Razzy still stared at her.
He wiped his mouth and got off of his seat, saying "Hold on" Shortly. He walkd to the other table, with the man and the woman and crossed his arms, starting tto talk. "Hey mister and misses. I don't mean to disturb you 2, but I couldn't help but notice how misses here and my friend are staring at each other so much. Either there is something wrong, or you are in love" He said, ending it witha sarcastic tone. He awaited a reply, standing to look at the 2 with his arms closed.

"Ohohohoho!" Logan chuckled "me? The Government? Ha!" he treated Katerina's demand like a joke, placed his coffee aside and exposed his wedding ring- glinting in light.

"Strike One. I'm not a grandpa thank you- I'm actually a middle aged man"

"Strike Two. If I we're with the government? They'd love to throw my ass in jail"

"Strike Three. What the hell is that man wearing? The man in the counter?"

Katerina raised an eyebrow at Logan's carelessness and leaned forward.

"Who are you?" she sneered.

"Do you want it in resume form or in a business card?"

"You idiot! Spit it out!"

"Relax, just trying to look normal in front of these people...."

Katerina leaned backwards once again in doubt, but Logan completely turned around as if a child saw something really fascinating.

"I like guessing games you know that?" Logan said in a cold tone.

"Guess one, are you here to hunt me down?"

"Guess two, I bet you're with that goblin on the other end"

"Guess three, you don't like Irish men?"

Katerina frowned. "One, I was about to ask the same of you so I'm guessing that's a mutual no. Two, you couldn't be more wrong. I can't afford to ignore anyone who seems slightly suspicious. I'm also keeping on eye on his wolf-born friend and the fellow right there listening in on our conversation." She raised her voice slightly at the end, making sure Vyse could hear. "And three, I have nothing against Irish men, I'm just a little wary of people who look like they could throw a man across a football field." She smirked. "You and I are obviously in similar situations, you know how it is."

Logan placed his hands on the chair behind him "Correction! I prefer rugby over football- I participate in bar fights though, I gladly smash their skulls on the stone floor, hitting someone with steel chairs, throwing them out of the window- I guess that's equivalent to throwing a man across a football field? No? Yes? Maybe?"

"Sort of......?" Katerina wondered.

"Good to see a fellow government hater- I must admit, I was ready to see if you we're armed via ripping the very table you lean on- but I guess your words are good enough? No?"

"You're crazy- you know that right?"

"I'm not a violent person..... usually...." Logan smirked.

"Violent and hates the government?" Vyse mused to himself. They could be a very useful addition to his crew. This must be his lucky day. Many possible candidates in this diner. In his excitement though, he had said it rather loudly. He quickly cut himself off and the damage had been done. People would realize he was eavesdropping. He steeled himself for what kind of tirade they would go on or some kind of fight. These people would probably not appreciate his eavesdropping.

"Told you we had a little rat eavesdropping." Katerina looked directly at Vyse, a dangerous smirk in place. Really, this place was just crawling with interesting people tonight. Who would have thought. At least that was all that he managed to find out about her through her little discussion with the Irish man. She may have been letting her guard down a little, but all the most important information she was careful never to leak. It was getting dangerous in here though. The more people who realized she was trouble the more likely it was that Katerina would have to make a quick get-away. She already scanned the place way ahead of time for quick exits.

"Hey? You hear that?" Logan whispered to Katerina, the female Russian focused and heard a faint sound from the distance- a sound that she disliked.

"Yeah- I can hear them...."

NEW PARTY IN! ->

Katerina: Level 3 Fugutive
Weapon: Mugen: A flurry of guns, blades and ammunition hidden from the eyes of the opponent. Lethal in hands of a master.

Logan: Level 1 Revolutionist
Weapon: Desperation: Handgun used by a man to save his family out of desperation- has a very high fire rate.

"They're coming alright....." Logan licked his lips in satisfaction as he gazed outside the window.

As he heard the sound, Razzy quickly got up. He didn't know if the police was actually coming for him or someone else, but he was damn well not going to sit around and find out! He quickly walked towards the door, which would also bring him past the two "interesting" individuals. And Droplet, who was standing there, getting ignored. As he was about to pass him, Razzy grabbed onto Droplets sweater and mumbled. "If you want my help on the job, we're leaving now, volk."

"W-why are you in a hurry?!" Droplet stuttered.

"There's no time to explain!" Razzy hissed.

NEW PARTY IN!! ->

Razzy: Level 3 Rouge
Weapon: Ublydok: Knife engraved with letters, given to the inner circle members of a mafia. Symbolizes power and authority.

Droplet: Level 3 Thief
Weapon: Mixed Martial Arts: Technique passed down by a dear old friend- a technique that Droplet uses to quickly dispatch enemies.